(2014) ivf mummies support group

Ladies, my bb likes to sleep, don't think I am giving her enough milk. and mum started giving her water everytime she hiccups. Really worried. How?

Ladies, my bb likes to sleep, don't think I am giving her enough milk. and mum started giving her water everytime she hiccups. Really worried. How?

Is ur bb having jaundice? Please don't give water n tell ur mum bb hiccup is normal there's no need to give water at all too much water will cause intoxication bb only takes milk n nothin else. Even bm also no water involve as ur bm already contain 90% water

Kitkats csec is painful (the recovery stage) procedure is fast and furious but guess you endure 45hrs before going into e-csec also can feel the pain. Don't worry colostrum abit soon keep expressing out then milk will start flowing.

Snow I stick to avent lol. I think my babies super nipple confusion already but I guess I am not latching them already. But they nipple confusion among bottles. I do wish can latch them but don't know why just seems to be problem. If without help of pillow (like carry them and feed the position I don't seems to be able to get it, arms also very tired carry them) i actually so hope I can be like those bf mum outside walk just use shawl cover can feed Liao.

Bbhc my bb also hiccups a lot. That day my sil also feed some plain water to bb but after that I didn feed more already. My bb on fm and bm.

Kitkats csec is painful (the recovery stage) procedure is fast and furious but guess you endure 45hrs before going into e-csec also can feel the pain. Don't worry colostrum abit soon keep expressing out then milk will start flowing.

Snow I stick to avent lol. I think my babies super nipple confusion already but I guess I am not latching them already. But they nipple confusion among bottles. I do wish can latch them but don't know why just seems to be problem. If without help of pillow (like carry them and feed the position I don't seems to be able to get it, arms also very tired carry them) i actually so hope I can be like those bf mum outside walk just use shawl cover can feed Liao.

Bbhc my bb also hiccups a lot. That day my sil also feed some plain water to bb but after that I didn feed more already. My bb on fm and bm.

Think u let them use too many type of bottles liao haha I only let my boy try pigeon for a few weeks than switch to nuk bottle but he still latch leh.
I also latch my bb using pillow I only latch at home haha my milk is low so if latch outside jia lat coz my boy will keep on fuss at least at home he latch liao if still hungry can top up FM

yes they try tooo many bottles, from avent to dr browns to nuk then como tomo then back to avent then back to como and back to dr browns and finally avent as of today lol. this is mad! should I try tommee tippee?? hehehe my lil girl don't latch then the elder one can latch better but also impatient if hungry will fuss. do u pump snow? I am wondering when can I start to drop the 3hrly pump yet still maintain the flow. very troublesome I every 2-3hrs need to excuse myself to pump and most times it happen when my babies are hungry also in end I cannot feed them as I am pumping. no bond :( not even able to bottle feed them myself. yesterday I carry my younger girl cry like mad then my mum carry she ok already :( very sad wonder isit she find me stranger.

now my girls at night 10plus don't want to sleep, need to coax them to sleep can take very long. do we need to like have a schedule for them so they know when roughly is sleeping time. don't know how to do also.

yes they try tooo many bottles, from avent to dr browns to nuk then como tomo then back to avent then back to como and back to dr browns and finally avent as of today lol. this is mad! should I try tommee tippee?? hehehe my lil girl don't latch then the elder one can latch better but also impatient if hungry will fuss. do u pump snow? I am wondering when can I start to drop the 3hrly pump yet still maintain the flow. very troublesome I every 2-3hrs need to excuse myself to pump and most times it happen when my babies are hungry also in end I cannot feed them as I am pumping. no bond :( not even able to bottle feed them myself. yesterday I carry my younger girl cry like mad then my mum carry she ok already :( very sad wonder isit she find me stranger.

now my girls at night 10plus don't want to sleep, need to coax them to sleep can take very long. do we need to like have a schedule for them so they know when roughly is sleeping time. don't know how to do also.

Haha I only pump at nite 1 time since my supply is low no matter hw far is the interval that I pump still low. If 1 of ur twin keep latching on u n u try to bottle feed her urself is normal she will cry n reject those who are bf their bb they will try to ask other ppl to bottle feed the bb bcoz mummy itself bottle feed the bb will kana reject
There are other ways of bonding maybe the way u carry her ur bb dun like that's why she keep crying u got to find lots of position n see which position suits ur gal.
For slpping else u can always give them the last feed at a certain timing than coax them to slp if not it will be they nv get enough entertainment that's why night time still got alot of energy n thus dun want to slp.
Day time u can play with them for abt an HR until they are tire then they will slp. But for bb after full month normally Is drink milk n slp is only until 2nd month onwards they are more aware of the surrounding than their nap time would become power nap

Mine also need sucking and my body warm to keep him comfort throughout the night.
I find him having a habit to suck just the nipple only and not opening mouth wide enough. Then he gets frustrated for not getting milk. Don't know what to do...

Mine also need sucking and my body warm to keep him comfort throughout the night.
I find him having a habit to suck just the nipple only and not opening mouth wide enough. Then he gets frustrated for not getting milk. Don't know what to do...

U need to put ur whole areola into ur bb mouth when bb mouth are open big take ur whole Breast n put into ur bb mouth n the action muz be fast

Breastfeeding is an art!!!

Snow check with u for pigeon bottles there is also a air vent at the teats that one also must face up(pointing towards bb nose) when drinking? Can I just say all brands regardless got the air vent on teats one all Should be pointing towards bb nose?

Breastfeeding is an art!!!

Snow check with u for pigeon bottles there is also a air vent at the teats that one also must face up(pointing towards bb nose) when drinking? Can I just say all brands regardless got the air vent on teats one all Should be pointing towards bb nose?

Hmm pigeon bottle I'm not so sure but I think so ba

Yes I agree that breastfeeding is an art! :)

Luckily my gal can latch pretty well. Like what Snow said and what I had learnt from the lactation nurse at KKH during my ward stay, we need to be a little rough and push baby's head towards our nipple and areola. If we are too gentle, baby tends not to be cooperative. When we grab our nipple and areola area, our fingers need to be parallel to baby's mouth. Then when baby's mouth open wide, push our nipple and areola area and baby's head to come together to achieve effective suckling. The lactation nurse taught me to do it this way.

I will also try to squeeze a little breast milk to lure my gal to suckle and it works.

I notice my gal is getting very strong now. I am amazed by the amount of strength she has gained over 2 weeks.

Just now Mdm Emma massaged her and she really enjoyed it so much! No crying at all. Mdm Emma said there are some babies who cry so loudly that she can't massage at all.

Next weekends will be her full month celebration! Oh how time flies! Very fast, right?

Last edited:
Yes I agree that breastfeeding is an art! :)

Luckily my gal can latch pretty well. Like what Snow said and what I had learnt from the lactation nurse at KKH during my ward stay, we need to be a little rough and push baby's head towards our nipple and areola. If we are too gentle, baby tends not to be cooperative. When we grab our nipple and areola area, our fingers need to be parallel to baby's mouth. Then when baby's mouth open wide, push our nipple and areola area and baby's head to come together to achieve effective suckling. The lactation nurse taught me to do it this way.

I will also try to squeeze a little breast milk to lure my gal to suckle and it works.

I notice my gal is getting very strong now. I am amazed by the amount of strength she has gained over 2 weeks.

Just now Mdm Emma massaged her and she really enjoyed it so much! No crying at all. Mdm Emma said there are some babies who cry so loudly that she can't massage at all.

Next weekends will be her full month celebration! Oh how time flies! Very fast, right?

My bb fail to be tbf hopefully next bb can with is experience I make sure I do better the next round haha
U can bring ur bb go bb spa let her have a swim see she will enjoy anot

My bb fail to be tbf hopefully next bb can with is experience I make sure I do better the next round haha
U can bring ur bb go bb spa let her have a swim see she will enjoy anot
CL said my gal enjoys bath time everyday. Also no crying at all. I am thinking of buying her the float that they use at baby spa and let her swim at my place's swimming pool. I saw the float at Oct baby's fair. Cost only $15.

faithfullyours mdm emma do bb massage also? all in the pkg price? so when she do bb massage bb sleeping or awake?

I thought only can bring bb to the swim spa around 6 months when the neck is strong? mmmm not sure too but m interested as well to do so soon. just bought spectra s1 pump hope can yield more bm...one moment I am tempted to stop yet next moment keep looking at pump etc.

CL said my gal enjoys bath time everyday. Also no crying at all. I am thinking of buying her the float that they use at baby spa and let her swim at my place's swimming pool. I saw the float at Oct baby's fair. Cost only $15.

Those public swimming pool only after 6 months than can bring bb go swim nw bb only can use those warm water coz public swimming pool got the chloride not good for bb

faithfullyours mdm emma do bb massage also? all in the pkg price? so when she do bb massage bb sleeping or awake?

I thought only can bring bb to the swim spa around 6 months when the neck is strong? mmmm not sure too but m interested as well to do so soon. just bought spectra s1 pump hope can yield more bm...one moment I am tempted to stop yet next moment keep looking at pump etc.

After 6 months is public swimming pool n only can swim 15 mins only I think becoz of chloride. After 1 month u can bring ur twin go swim le no need wait until neck strong or what, when I bring my boy go the auntie was saying best is after 1 month bring them go coz they still not aware of the surrounding so they will like to be in water thought still in mummy womb.

Iwahb, the baby massage is complimentary. Today is my last session with Mdm Emma according to my package (7 sessions for $450 with 1 complimentary baby massage) but I extend another 3 more sessions with her. These 3 sessions, I'll do alternate days instead of consecutive days.

My gal was awake when Mdm Emma was massaging her. She was smiling too.

Actually I am also looking at alternative breast pump. Feels that Avent breast pump is not very strong.

Iwahb, the baby massage is complimentary. Today is my last session with Mdm Emma according to my package (7 sessions for $450 with 1 complimentary baby massage) but I extend another 3 more sessions with her. These 3 sessions, I'll do alternate days instead of consecutive days.

My gal was awake when Mdm Emma was massaging her. She was smiling too.

Actually I am also looking at alternative breast pump. Feels that Avent breast pump is not very strong.

U can try medela or spectra

Snow, can I ask which one is better, Medela or Spectra?

If it's Medela, which one should I buy?

If it's Spectra, which one should I buy?

Hmm I dun use spectra so I not sure
I'm using medela dual swing so far I'm ok with it if u want a better u can try freestyle alot of ppl using this

Hmm I dun use spectra so I not sure
I'm using medela dual swing so far I'm ok with it if u want a better u can try freestyle alot of ppl using this
Actually during the Oct baby fair, I wanted to buy Medela freestyle but because I already bought the Avent one, so I thought I should give it a try first before I dismiss it.

Actually during the Oct baby fair, I wanted to buy Medela freestyle but because I already bought the Avent one, so I thought I should give it a try first before I dismiss it.

Normally breast pump the better one are medela coz is hospitals grading those avent or pigeon is just a waste of money my frien say avent the suction is not as strong as medela

Tonight I'm giving my boy bottle feed but not sure how much to give. How much does your LO take at day 9?

Ladies who engage cl, do u let cl watch tv when she free?
What are the do n don't rules ?

How much does ur bb drink at 4days old? I have low supply of milk. Cannot meet my bb demand. Now mostly on fm....

I have appt with poly clinic to check bb jaundice. So do I still go back to see pd at kkh ?

Faithfullyours I ordered my spectra s1 at Qo10 :) $290 I got Medela fs and both spectra m1 and s1, personally I think spectra better the suction seems more "rough" or maybe I m brainwashed by a lot people that spectra good spectra better so I thought so too hehe.

I just used my s1 twice don't know somehow feel not as good as m1 maybe s1 too many options and choice need to try and error to see which option gives u the best yield. So far I don't see increase of yield using s1 (I thought might be better compare to m1) in fact it looks even abit affected (10ml lesser)

How much does ur bb drink at 4days old? I have low supply of milk. Cannot meet my bb demand. Now mostly on fm....

I have appt with poly clinic to check bb jaundice. So do I still go back to see pd at kkh ?

When I engage my cl she watch tv when I'm watching if I'm not watching she's either resting in bed or handling those Vege that need peeling.

If u are latching ur bb u won't know how much ur bb is drinking if ur bb is drinking FM the bb shld be drinking 30ml at each feed n slowly increase if the bb cry for more

If u are going to polyclinic for jaundice review than no need go back kkh. I think they have make appointment for u to go back after 1 mth later for bb review if everything is ok they will discharge u. Suppose ur bb is going back to the private child clinic for review at kkh right

Tonight I'm giving my boy bottle feed but not sure how much to give. How much does your LO take at day 9?

If bb latch on demand u won't know but if bottle feed try to do in week 3 if too early might get nipple confusion
Try at 30ml first

I think it depends on your comfort level. I let my CL do her stuff, watch TV as long as my baby is well taken care of. I am very particular with cleanliness, how she handles baby's bottles and my breast pump, etc. I want my gal to sleep in the cot. She also helps us with household chores.

My gal drank 60 ml of FM right from the start when she came back home.

Just go to polyclinics to check your baby's jaundice. Newborn has priority so you don't need to wait for very long. As for me, the first time, I went back to KKH for baby's jaundice. That cost us $88. Second time onwards, we went to polyclinics. Only cost us $12. That's a huge difference.

Faithfullyours I ordered my spectra s1 at Qo10 :) $290 I got Medela fs and both spectra m1 and s1, personally I think spectra better the suction seems more "rough" or maybe I m brainwashed by a lot people that spectra good spectra better so I thought so too hehe.

I just used my s1 twice don't know somehow feel not as good as m1 maybe s1 too many options and choice need to try and error to see which option gives u the best yield. So far I don't see increase of yield using s1 (I thought might be better compare to m1) in fact it looks even abit affected (10ml lesser)
Wah iwahb, how come you buy so many breast pumps? So your verdict is spectra m1 is better?

Since yday he hasn't been able to latch properly. :(
Will be going back to consult lactation consultant.

Hello everyone I am busy going back home and biting stuff from ikea and courts as my baby is shifting home very soon that's why so quiet these few days.
Haha talking about bm I totally gave up already. Well my breast very soft even after so many days.
Talking about bottles I am thinking to try avent classic. Maybe see I change if baby likes a not. Haha.. ok going to finish my confinement food and heading to ikea again. Yesterday buy wrong item today going back to change.
Ok time for the next batch of mummies to be for gradation. Cheery, sumiko and joy. Still got who else?

joy-hopefully end of dec.. still strugglin with settin up passed on cots... n buyin mattresses....

doc say anytim labour starts he will not stop it n will brg the baby out coz est 2.9kg already.. now almost 36wks...

i read u ladies journey on confinm n brf-ing.. jia you.. i jus feel if we can survive é heart wrenchin 2ww stimulatñ er... we can conquer anythg!!

circles-hope ur bb girl doin well!!

faithfullyours yeah I started off with medela fs , I got no problem using it till mdm ida told me medela no good she prefer using m1 as can clear boobs faster and so I listen to her and faster go order a m1. after using m1 then no turning back to fs. m1 abit more stronger in term suction compare to fs. m1 is small I got no problem with it but the only negative pt is the batt don't last. seems like after every 2 pump session u need to charge. then I started to google more on spectra pump and realise s1 is the hospital grade pump so I thought hospital grade might be even better so go and order that. the size is super big lol really hospital grade but since I using at home I think size not a major problem. most important can extract more milk out from my system. m1 very straight forward all u need to do is on and chose your own mode (expression or stimulation) then chose your own suction strength. but for s1 other than chose stimulation and expression mode there is still a cycle mode which I have yet to find the right combi to yield more milk. try m1 cheaper if u like or if u try already see that it does produce more milk than yr Philip pump u can try to see other range in spectra if u need extra. your girl so fast drink 60ml? mine still drinking 100ml only till date.

lynncandy so nice you are "free" from confinement. I still like doing confinement cause cannot go out still with twins all alone. so I can do nothing except pump and pump at home. why want change to avent bottles? thought your girl use nuk bottles ok?

joy faster set up and get your hospital bag prepared. we are all waiting for the rest of the mummies to be gang.

whole body aching really need a massage :(

kitkats just keep pumping 2-3hrly your milk supply will come in. I also feel my supply low the time spend to pump trying to build up the supply is so tiring. I keep thinking to give up yet endure yet give up yet continue. lol

Back