Any Mommies in mid-late 30s or over 40 with small children?

Hi Helen,

I happened to be browsing their website and came across the Sales - come with additional 25% off the total bill. So decided to make the purchase. Also bought snow pants for my kids at 60% discounts and merino wool sweater for myself :)

Another thing, try to consolidate your purchase to make full use of the one-off shipping cost within the purchase value - Eg, within USD100, shipping cost USD28, within USD 200, shipping cost USD39.

We are planning for a winter holiday this year. Still looking around before deciding where to go :)

woa my gals will love a winter hol. but i am not working now so must save up for trips further away from singapore. at the moment either plan to go short nearby trips or just save up for one more ex trip. i love to travel though. jus started travelling with kids last yr to kuching n this is after 7yrs(since my dd1 was born)?

later my sis bought Chinese pop and movie scores (Faye Wong etc). Let your daughter enjoy music while she still has the interest.
SM14-001-0SHI.jpg

(1) 扮清高
(2) 离婚命
(3) 脾气不好
(4) 爱享受

女儿来讨债了...

赚那么多钱,不见得积极做慈善。:oops:

Last edited:
Hello Mummies,

This forum is getting very quiet......Anyway, the year is coming to an end. Wishing all of you a Happy and Healthy and Successful Year of 2014......Horse galloping :)

Hi Mummies! Greetings from Melbourne. Happy New Year to all. Used to chat here a lil' and find this thread always so interesting. My 2 girls are aged 7.5 and 1.5. The latter was born here in Australia. Totally unplanned cos we had always preferred an only child. Well...that's life!

Hi mummies
It has been a while since we last logged in. How is everyone? At las my young ones are both in primary school. Quite like the fact that they are both in pm session but next yr the elder gal will be in morning and the younger gal will be in pm. Geez... Dunno how the arrangement will be like.

Hi my musings, still experimenting with new dishes? Don't forget to share k? Now I have time in the afternoon to plan my family meals, I must go thru your blog again...heehee steal some kungfu from u.

The thread may not be suitable for us sooner or later. Wonder how we can still kip in touch?

Hi Helen,

Yes, this forum may soon be not so suitable for us anymore....

I understand that MOE is working towards single session schools by 2016. Next year my DD2 will be in P1. Hopefully, the school will go single-session next year as planned and both my DDs can go school together....lesser hassle.

Hi Mumusings - Your DS also in P1 this year right?

So fast.....CNY coming....guess everyone is busy preparing for CNY....

Hi Snowball,
He's not due for P1 yet till next year. I don't know whether to feel stressed or not because he's still being home-schooled and playing night/day-day/night haha... I think he's likely not going to be able to keep up with the Primary One tests/exams looking at the 'sample' papers on sale. I'm trying not to let what I see at Popular Bookstore distract us from our goal of letting the kid have a happy and fulfilling childhood. His Chinese is ok for his age I think but ironically haven't really got on track for English. Strange reversal, considering I'm an English grad. I always thought he'd pick up English (reading/writing) faster than Mandarin. I don't wish to cramp him via rote learning methods and so far, he's been picking up things fast albeit cannot spell/read much yet. How about your kids?

Hi Helen,
Yes, still cooking but alot lesser because it's really quite tiring watching over the kid and getting him to read/write. You can always email me or contact me via my blog. Finally bought the jumbo Happycall pan when it was on sale last week at its lowest possible price so stay tuned. I made crispy fried rice 2 days ago using the Happycall ceramic coated pot and ate it with seaweed - should have trashed all the Tefal/Mayer out of my mind long time ago! How are your kids coping with school?

Hi Cheri,
Great to hear from you again!

The rest of the mummies (eg. Tam, Rona, Stylobb, Reiner....)
Happy new year and hope to revive this thread again!

Hi mumusings
I bought the pans from JML very good and easy to wash but the 2 smaller ones have no covers and not suitable for frying veg. Is the happycall one very heavy? I injured my wrist twice, so cannot handle heavy pots etc, plus thewashing of the doublepan is quite a hassle. Cannot separate, how to wash ah?

Actually my young gal did not pick up reading til she was at the later part of her K1. In fact she was confused with her alphabets . now she is in P1, her upper case, lower case, still ????(sweat) but she can read quite well. So I just leave her to develop, dunno how her little big brain works.... My good friend told me when she was young, her tr told her mum that she could not read, but she can spell big words like confectionary at a young age. So we really do not have to worry too much. your son will do fine.

Real work has not started for the younger gal, so she is still happy with school. Have to wait for the full blast then see how she can cope. Keeping my fingers crossed cos she is pretty different from her elder sis who can sit down and write through pages without complaining much. This one, ask her to do one or two pages of simple work, she will start complaining hand pain, finger pain, back side pain......haiz...if hubby sits with her, it will normally end up in a fight. So back to me again. Very challenging as i am giving tuition on Sat and this is the time the gals are at home and we can get them to do some revision

As for the elder gal she is adapting well to the new sch environment. Am really glad as she was initially kinda upset to be away from her father after spending one year in the same sch. Now the gals' sch is nearer to home, i save a alot of travelling time and money sending and taking them. More time to do housechores and do some reading and preparing for their revision.

Do keep in touch mummies! Meanwhile take care and keep warm as it has been pretty windy recently.

Hi mumusings

Great to see u here again! My younger gal has "graduated" from P1. Hahaha didn't do very well for math, but she loves school, that is more important. Seems like she has my genes: no clues abt math.....

How have you been?

Halo mommies! I'm 38 this yr(So scary!!) My girl going to P2 next yr too! Younger one is 33 mths old. My girl didn't really do well in Chinese. Well, what to do...my Chinese is bad so can't really teach her.

Hi mommies! Welcome!

Hi betc, you can always learn the language together with your gal. it will be less stressful for her when she knows that mommy is trying with her too.

Children love to teach, let her read to you and teach you what she has learnt from her teacher. Just some ideas.....hope it can help a little...

I usually let her watch channel 8 on weekends to learn chinese n got her books that comes with CD for her to listen n learn.

Hello All, I'm 41, mother to 14 year old & 6 years old boys & 13 month old girl, #1 going sec 3 in 2015, #2 , P1 in 2015

mumusings , i also agreed to let kids enjoy when they can, this month i stopped CC &,let him play at home, bring him out when i can, he's kinda bored that he wanna tag along even if i goes to the supermarket.

Hi Young. Mommies ,
I turned 43 this year and I hv a 4y old . All your kids are so big and most of you hv more than 1 kid - very nice to hear. We had ours aft 10 good years of waiting and aft hving her I decided t be a SAHM - not easy! God pls bless us with No 2 soon!!

I wanted a #3 after seeing so many friends having babies but having 2 children is draining my energy. So cannot have a #3...hahaha

I'm trying to train my girl to cross the road today so that next year when she's in P3, she can come take the bus home from school on her own as I will be sending #2 to N2 next year. Right now I'm bringing along my #2 who's now 3 yrs old to fetch #1 from school. It's so sunny and tiring and the bus is always packed with students coz of alot of girls going home at the same time from the secondary school side.

My friend is ex Malaysia National team and ASEAN Schools RG gold medalist. She has been out of the industries for many years due to family commitment. Recently, she tell me she want to start a small gym class for kids 4-7 yrs on weekends. Reason 1 :She loves RG and like kids very much, Reason 2 : Her daughter currently 4yrs old has shown high interest in this area. She need a playgroup to get her girl started.

Do let me know if anyone keen to join her little group. Email at [email protected]. Fees will be reasonable as it for recreational only.

Hi third3timemum

I applaud you to have your third kid! Even more when your second is already 7 yo.. for me I'm 36, two boys. One is 4 and the other 10 mths old. Was sian to go through the whole process of caring for an infant.. but decided to hv second kid for the sake of my eldest. Thus I already admire you for your decision to hv third kid

My friend is ex Malaysia National team and ASEAN Schools RG gold medalist. She has been out of the industries for many years due to family commitment. Recently, she tell me she want to start a small gym class for kids 4-7 yrs on weekends. Reason 1 :She loves RG and like kids very much, Reason 2 : Her daughter currently 4yrs old has shown high interest in this area. She need a playgroup to get her girl started.

Do let me know if anyone keen to join her little group. Email at [email protected]. Fees will be reasonable as it for recreational only.

Hi sorry for my ignorance, what's RG? I have a 4 YO gal whose quite active. If it's not expensive and near (btw I'm staying in the west) I thought mixing around in a PG outside school is not a bad idea to keep her occupied.

Hi Mummies,

Anyone looking for Chinese tuition and enrichment?
Highly recommended by mummies and daddies forum, Funtastic Chinese Education Hub offers pre-school, primary and secondary Chinese tuition and enrichment, after-school care services.

Www.funtastic.com.sg
6702 1123 / 9889 8261
Blk 257 Pasir Ris Street 21 #01-299 S(510257)
Opposite Loyang Point

Hi Precious_gem,

I do feel the same. I sometimes feel insecure because I am a little bit older to have a baby and most of relatives are caution because having a baby at that age range affects the child. I do look for school that caters to preschoolers that helps enrich their young minds.

Back