IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

@MichNg , Tks babe! Guess I just have to play by ear already. Hope to see Rachelt back here soon with good news.

@bbpony, I did consider getting a GP to administer the daily jabs for me previously. But after discussing with the counsellor at Kkh, it's quite a logistic hassle especially when the jabs have to be administer at the same timing. So I did it myself in the end.

@kevangie, I guess their "call within 1-2 weeks" is their std protocol. Coz that's their instructions to me previously as well. So you just have to wait for their call to inform you the exact day to go for briefing. But when are you planning to start your ivf?

Hi Ladies, am not really new to this forum but previously was in another thread. Did 2 IUI (1 natural and 1 SO-IUI) at Mt E but failed. Took a break of 2+ years and now back to TTCing again. Being trying for 7-8 years but nothing happen. Finally decided to give IVF a try. Went for my first consultation today with Dr Tan HH (btw, the wait was not really bad maybe becos my appointment was at 12:30pm) and bought along all the test report i have done previously (HSG, Blood Test and DH's Test). He did a scan on me and said that everything looks normal.. basically we are classified under unexplained infertility. At first, i thought that DH test result was not really good but he said that it is good enough for IVF. He also explain that there is no guarantee that we will get it in the first try but at least it is double the chance of IUI and for my age, i have a 35%-40% chance.
Did my blood test for blood count, rubella virus igg antibody and AHM today and now waiting for KKIVF to call for the appointment to do the briefing. They say that they will call within the next 1-2 weeks. Does it really take so long for them to arrange for the appointment? Anyone around the same timing like me?

When did Dr THH say you will begin? As long as the briefing is done before then, it'll be ok. Guessing that they're swamped since kkivf will be closed for awhile in dec.

When did Dr THH say you will begin? As long as the briefing is done before then, it'll be ok. Guessing that they're swamped since kkivf will be closed for awhile in dec.

Hi MichNg.. He say i can start in Jan'15. Btw, do u happen to know how can i find out the result for my AHM test? I just did the test today and wonder when will i be able to know the result.

@MichNg , Tks babe! Guess I just have to play by ear already. Hope to see Rachelt back here soon with good news.

@bbpony, I did consider getting a GP to administer the daily jabs for me previously. But after discussing with the counsellor at Kkh, it's quite a logistic hassle especially when the jabs have to be administer at the same timing. So I did it myself in the end.

@kevangie, I guess their "call within 1-2 weeks" is their std protocol. Coz that's their instructions to me previously as well. So you just have to wait for their call to inform you the exact day to go for briefing. But when are you planning to start your ivf?

Hi milogal.. Do u remember roughly how long did they take to call you the last time? The worst thing is that they will be close for quite sometime during dec.. I think that's why Dr Tan say i can do mine in Jan.

Hi MichNg.. He say i can start in Jan'15. Btw, do u happen to know how can i find out the result for my AHM test? I just did the test today and wonder when will i be able to know the result.
You mean AMH? they will put in your file, you can ask next time you see dr, I guess.
There will be another blood test you usually do at the same time with the briefing. It has to be re-taken every 6 months so the nearer to your start date, the better for you.

Hi milogal.. Do u remember roughly how long did they take to call you the last time? The worst thing is that they will be close for quite sometime during dec.. I think that's why Dr Tan say i can do mine in Jan.

I think mine was almost 2 weeks before they called me coz I remember waiting for almost another 2 weeks before I went for the briefing. And based on my records, I saw THH on 22/04 & my briefing was on 21/05. The following mth I started on my 1st fresh which was the intended plan to start in June. So that was the timeline for my case. You can request a copy of your report of the BT that you had taken today when you make payment on the day of briefing over at the counter. The nurse will zap a copy for u.

@bbpony are u starting ivf soon? I started the jabs yesterday. The needle is very fine actually. The nurse will teach u how to self administer e jabs. Its actually less painful than e blood test jab. Just have to overcome the phobia of jabbing it yourself.

@bbpony are u starting ivf soon? I started the jabs yesterday. The needle is very fine actually. The nurse will teach u how to self administer e jabs. Its actually less painful than e blood test jab. Just have to overcome the phobia of jabbing it yourself.
Planning to start in Jan. Actually this will be my 2nd fresh. How about you? Is this your 1st?

@MichNg Oic.. Yap THH wants me to do the other blood test when i go for the briefing. That test is actually for Hepatitis B, C CMIA & HIV. My DH have to do it as well. At first the nurse that draw blood for me ask when i will be starting my procedure and say if i m starting in Jan then i can do all the test one shot then don't have to get poke 2 time... hahaha it was really nice of her but i told her that it was instructed by THH. She even help to double check.

@milogal88 Hmm.. so i guess i will just have to be patient n wait for their call. Oh i can ask for a copy from them? Ok ok.. noted. thanks for the advice.

Oh btw, THH was asking me if i m afraid to jab myself (i have done that before when doing mine SO-IUI, so am ok with that) and he is saying he will put me on this quite new medicine that only need 1 jab and can last for 8 days. Then i won't have to do some many jab in 1 day (coz still got other to jab). Have anyone of you try or heard before?

kevangie said:
AHM - Anti-Mullerian Hormone. It's a test that estimate the remaining of egg supply.
Oh.... Dr Tan only mentioned to me my reserve looks normal. But that was abt 2 mths ago.

Wow.. That's 18 days of wait man.. I guess the hardest part is the waiting game. But anyway just relax and maybe watch some drama or read some books and wait for the good news!
Yes lo, the wait is difficult. 19 days of waiting is almost 3ww instead of 2ww. Additionally hv to move carefully and bear with the bloatedness and cramps.
Been reading and watching comedy on cable tv. Else will be even more bored. Haha

Hi, i am new to this thead...i am seeing THH...had done a u/scan n BT for full blood count, rubella, AMH, HIV, CMIA, Hep B & Hep C during my first consultation on 11 nov...DH will b submitting SA on 25 nov n our 2nd appt wl b on 12 dec...thereafter there wl b a briefing session gotta to attend...

Anyone has any idea if i still need to go thru BT again on the briefing day since i hv done the abv BT le?

Gotta a long long wait b4 i can start my first fresh...heard that no more slots for Jan n worried i might not be able to make it for feb as my af shld be few days b4 cny...worried kkivf wl b closed for that period...if yes, then gotta wait till march then can start lor...

Reali hate the waiting games...hope to start asap...:(

Hi, i am new to this thead...i am seeing THH...had done a u/scan n BT for full blood count, rubella, AMH, HIV, CMIA, Hep B & Hep C during my first consultation on 11 nov...DH will b submitting SA on 25 nov n our 2nd appt wl b on 12 dec...thereafter there wl b a briefing session gotta to attend...

Anyone has any idea if i still need to go thru BT again on the briefing day since i hv done the abv BT le?

Gotta a long long wait b4 i can start my first fresh...heard that no more slots for Jan n worried i might not be able to make it for feb as my af shld be few days b4 cny...worried kkivf wl b closed for that period...if yes, then gotta wait till march then can start lor...

Reali hate the waiting games...hope to start asap...:(
U mean no more slots to start for injection in jan or to e egg retrieval n egg transfer in jan?
Think if you have done bloodtest before n its valide within 6 mths,u do not need to repeat the blood test during e briefing

U mean no more slots to start for injection in jan or to e egg retrieval n egg transfer in jan?
Think if you have done bloodtest before n its valide within 6 mths,u do not need to repeat the blood test during e briefing

Thanks @ connie_hopeful for the info...btw, yup..no slots for injection in Jan...

Hi, would like to check. I will going for my FET in Jan. Do we still have to go for the bloodtests etc? My previous ivf was this yr feb. I forgot to ask dr tan during my last appointment. He only asked me to call up kkivf during my first day of jan menses to start the cycle.

Hi, would like to check. I will going for my FET in Jan. Do we still have to go for the bloodtests etc? My previous ivf was this yr feb. I forgot to ask dr tan during my last appointment. He only asked me to call up kkivf during my first day of jan menses to start the cycle.
Yes, they will remind you when you call to start your cycle. U hv to do the blood tests before your first scan.

Hi all, I thought I just update you ladies. I had just postponed my ivf scheduled in Jan to Mar today. Not sure if this will help anyone of you to bring forward your jabs slot to Jan. Hope this helps. Good luck to you ladies! Actually I wanted to ask anyone in the same situation as me whose partner is diagnosed Hep B +ve and could not get IVF done? Is it possible to get a refund with KKH in case the spouse need some time for Hep B treatment? I tried to ask the nurse in kkivf but she only told me that my schedule is valid up to a year so in case I lapse that timeline, I will have to see doctor again.

Hi all, I thought I just update you ladies. I had just postponed my ivf scheduled in Jan to Mar today. Not sure if this will help anyone of you to bring forward your jabs slot to Jan. Hope this helps. Good luck to you ladies! Actually I wanted to ask anyone in the same situation as me whose partner is diagnosed Hep B +ve and could not get IVF done? Is it possible to get a refund with KKH in case the spouse need some time for Hep B treatment? I tried to ask the nurse in kkivf but she only told me that my schedule is valid up to a year so in case I lapse that timeline, I will have to see doctor again.
Hi bubbleblue1, thanks for the sharing...i actuali wanted to bring forward mine but seems like ur slot hv already been taken up...anyway, thanks for the sharing...

Hi ladies, anyone noes when dr tan hh going on leave in jan? Planned to do mine on jan but heard he"ll be on leave early jan til not sure when..anyone noes?

Hi, all

I m new to this thread, n thanks for applying so many useful information abt Dr Tan.

I m considering to see Dr Tan also ,n there r some questions bothering me, hope can get help from ur gals.

1) Shld I go to see Dr Tan after I confirm need do IVF? TTC 2yrs but so far not preg, Can I go to see Dr Tan n do body check up then decide what to do,IUI, IVF or whatever?

2) Does Dr Tan have his own clinic in KKH? How to make the appointment with him for the first visit? Shld I go any gynae clinic n get ref letter first? Or I juz call KKH n make appointment with the hospital ?

Many many thanks!!!!!

Hi, all

I m new to this thread, n thanks for applying so many useful information abt Dr Tan.

I m considering to see Dr Tan also ,n there r some questions bothering me, hope can get help from ur gals.

1) Shld I go to see Dr Tan after I confirm need do IVF? TTC 2yrs but so far not preg, Can I go to see Dr Tan n do body check up then decide what to do,IUI, IVF or whatever?

2) Does Dr Tan have his own clinic in KKH? How to make the appointment with him for the first visit? Shld I go any gynae clinic n get ref letter first? Or I juz call KKH n make appointment with the hospital ?

Many many thanks!!!!!
Hi Angela

I called kk hospital to fix appt under dr tan. You do not need referral letter since it's considered private rates too.
During first visit, if u have previous scan, report just bring along. He will understand from your till date condition and probably arrange for you to do some test, eg, fertility check, sperm test etc.
When your next appt after all these done, he will then suggest ivf, iui etc

Dr tan is under KK he don't have his own clinic etc. do prepare to wait as his appt... Very long Q

Hi Angela

I called kk hospital to fix appt under dr tan. You do not need referral letter since it's considered private rates too.
During first visit, if u have previous scan, report just bring along. He will understand from your till date condition and probably arrange for you to do some test, eg, fertility check, sperm test etc.

Dr tan is under KK he don't have his own clinic etc. do prepare to wait as his appt... Very long Q

Thanks thanks , ur info so impt for me

Hi Angela

BTW ,Dr Tan's appointment can be booked easily? If book now, when can be the latest date?

Hi ladies..im a new patient under Dr Tan although im not a new patient of IVF..
I have visited Dr Tan just this thurs and gone thru my previous ivf failure and discuss how are we going to proceed next.. im quite comfy with him as he is frank n really tey his best to clear my doubts..as im spotting on off, therefore he try to regulate my menses (spotting when i seen him tht day). He has prescribe me dydrogesterone (2week supply) n letrozole (D2-D6) for this cycle.. he told me tht by taking dydrogesterone to stop menzes n menses shld come after the 2 weeks supply.
Now, after few days of dydrogesterone, i suddenly come menses today so im confused whether wht should i do? Shld i take letrozole tml or ?? My flow in the noon is normal.. now start to lighten?? Can anyone advise or does anyone has dr tan email or contact.. im at my end wits..

Hi ladies, anyone noes when dr tan hh going on leave in jan? Planned to do mine on jan but heard he"ll be on leave early jan til not sure when..anyone noes?

Think he will be away sometimes in mid jan. Perhaps you want to call kkh to check the exact dates

Hi, sisters

I called KKH this morning, Dr Tan's earliest avail date is Jan 6. This will be my first appointment with Dr Tan, hope everything can be smooth....N I will try to conceive naturally this mth also...hope my baby can come to me soon....

so scared of c sect. was immobile for abt 1 week plus. v painful healing. and I have a long scar cos im prone to kelloid.

I hope to try vbac. is he pro vbac?

im doc sad patient. actually was dr tan patient but the blur nurse.told me im under dr sad. so I end up with her. wonder can change to dr tan as gynae when preggy?

so scared of c sect. was immobile for abt 1 week plus. v painful healing. and I have a long scar cos im prone to kelloid.

I hope to try vbac. is he pro vbac?

im doc sad patient. actually was dr tan patient but the blur nurse.told me im under dr sad. so I end up with her. wonder can change to dr tan as gynae when preggy?

Huh so jia lat meh i emergency csect sun operation mon late afternoon I can get up of bed n walk ard liao le but didn try to go for shower so cause my body to have rashes. Next bb muz make sure I request for waterproof dressing the next day than I can go bath

for me yeah. I have to take painkiller for more than a week. maybe my pain threshold is low. I cant get out of bed. I practically roll off onto the floor with tears streaming down my face due to the pain. so painful I could not exert my tummy muscles to sit up or even raise my leg up. I really dont look forward to CS.

for me yeah. I have to take painkiller for more than a week. maybe my pain threshold is low. I cant get out of bed. I practically roll off onto the floor with tears streaming down my face due to the pain. so painful I could not exert my tummy muscles to sit up or even raise my leg up. I really dont look forward to CS.

Ic sitting up u can't use ur tummy muscle u need ur hand strength like when u are preg u get up frm sideway till now I'm so used to that method I still get up frm sideway instead of last time just get up frm bed like sit up position

Hi ladies,
Anyone know if Dr Tan is on leave?? I want to speak to him but the nurses refuse to let me speak to him.

I went to see him the last appt and give duphaston & letzorele and im spotting even though im on duphaston:confused::confused:
i dont knw what to do... :oops::oops:

Back