Gynae cost and packages

Wow I think it's quite reasonable. I won't say very cheap but for a good hospital, it's quite cheap. How's the gynae ?
Gynae is not bad.. But very short reply for questions asked and consultation is quite chop chop kind too.. Jus worried that after take up package things will get worst..

Gynae is not bad.. But very short reply for questions asked and consultation is quite chop chop kind too.. Jus worried that after take up package things will get worst..

One thing not mentioned in the list is - additional visits due to medical condition, eg. If you have GD and need additional consultation visits, will this come under scheduled or unscheduled visits?

At least the doctor is very clear about what is not covered in the costs and advised on the costs of additional items not included.

However, I feel that most important is your feel with the doctor, are you comfortable with the doctor and whether you feel secure under his care. If you don't feel so, then no matter how cheap the package is, then you will always have the nagging worrying feeling during your entire pregnancy...

hi mummies, my first visit to the gynae cost about SGD480. I think this is a little on the high side but it includes blood test, ultrasound scan, vitamins etc. The antenatal package cost SGD1200++ from 16weeks onwards. Would you mind sharing your gynae cost and packages if you have already found out such details? Any recommendations for gynaes that deliver at NUH?
You going to deliver at NUH?? I am keen to explore water birth thus i choose NUH.

Is water birth available only at NUH ? My Gynae never suggest this option, so i guess i can only opt for Csect or normal delivery.

Is water birth available only at NUH ? My Gynae never suggest this option, so i guess i can only opt for Csect or normal delivery.
Water birth is also available at TMC, but limited delivery wards, so you need to boook in advance if you want a water birth.

Hi, I'm a father-to-be so come here to ask some questions because it's my first time, so happy yet scare inside my heart, haha.

My wife is a foreigner on long term visit pass. She missed her period for this month thus she tried the prenagcy kit yesterday and it's positive so we would like to visit a gynae preferably in the central east area like PEH. But my wife prefer a lady doctor but to me is more of cost factor. I don't wish to over budget it.

Hope to have some recommendations on east side female gynae.

Hi jubilee mum-to-be, just wondering any of you are visiting bukit batok TMC doctor wong Mun tat. He didn't talk much. Almost say nothing in my past 3 visits. I just missed the Oscar test and The nurse Joannna told me that I cannot do any more Down syndrome test for my baby in a very very very very rude way.
There are so many tests out there. Why can't. I m super angry. I am changing doctor. U all have any at least normal doctor to recommend near Jurong or west area?
Thanks.

Hi jubilee mum-to-be, just wondering any of you are visiting bukit batok TMC doctor wong Mun tat. He didn't talk much. Almost say nothing in my past 3 visits. I just missed the Oscar test and The nurse Joannna told me that I cannot do any more Down syndrome test for my baby in a very very very very rude way.
There are so many tests out there. Why can't. I m super angry. I am changing doctor. U all have any at least normal doctor to recommend near Jurong or west area?
Thanks.

If you cannot do the Oscar test, you can still do the Harmony test (Not sure if you missed the window period), and Amniocentesis (Usually done around week 20). Both will still test for chromosomal defects, though amniocentesis is a diagnostic test which give 100% accuracy, but also more risk involved.

I go to a doctor in TMC, but have considered Dr Ben Choey in Clementi as the reviews seems decent. Perhaps you might want to google for more reviews for him.

Thanks.
Hi, if you missed the Oscar test you can opt for harmony test or amniocentesis. I went nuh for the amniocentesis test during my 22week and the procedure was done by Dr EK Tan. He seemed experience as the procedure was quick (completed within 5min) and I didn't experience discomfort after it. I was a subsidized patient and the bill was about $720 after subsidy. Paid $500 using Medisave and the rest in cash.

If you are still early in your pregnancy and have more spare cash, you can choose Harmony test which just require drawing of blood.

Hi, can anyone share their cost who give birth at KKH with me?
my wife currently a PR, I'm a SG citizen.
our gynea is Dr Khoo at KKH.
1st visit went to 24hr O&G to confirm pregancy = cost $170
2nd visit (blood test, ultrasound scan, medication, meet gynea, urnie test) = cost $450
Currently we are paying private rates at KKH using cash.
Very worried about the cost before delivery cos gynea say KKH no packages.

My gynae is doc tan Heng hao senior consultant over there. I'm under private also. His consultation is $80 n my routine test is $11 so each time around $100+

Hi Mummies :)

I'm a first time mum and has been visiting Dr Irene Chua at Gleneagles. She is highly recommended by my other gynae friend and has bagged many accolades and good word of mouth for her practical skills and pleasant deposition. Apparently many preggy doctors are seeing her too so that says something about her since doctors usually can evaluate certain skills which we patients may not be able to. Her charges for consultation ranges from $90-$150 and per ultrasound scan is around $60. Although her fees seem alittle steep, I am sticking to her since she's very assuring and nice, not to mention pretty too (which cheers the sickly me up alittle) haha. HTH!

Anyone seeing gynae in NUH? Mind sharing the cost and packages? Im still looking for Gynae. Currently Dr Su Lin Lin @ NuH in mind.

Hi Getawayjunkie and exquisitelove:
Thanks for the advice. I switch to Chuachukang TMC dr worthwood. His review is super good in many forum. Package also reasonable 688 from my first visit about 14th week.
He also advised me to do harmony test. So I did the test on Monday. Next week result will be out. Hope everything Okie. I am so far happy with his consultation.

Hi anyone please advice me, should I continue to go this Gynae. My 1st appointment with Dr Adrian at Sengkang and he charged me total 270$ . (Scan+Consulation +folic acid +Vitamin).My pregnant 11 weeks now. He no ask me anything and he just do scan only(He took only 5 mins and very rushed). Then ,they never measure blood pressure , weight etc .I felt like he no care to patient. Does he always like that? Please advise me .

I have seen him at 4weeks as well. Friend recommended me t him. But felt He was too rush and sort of like chopchop. So in the end I didn't go Back t him.

Hi anyone please advice me, should I continue to go this Gynae. My 1st appointment with Dr Adrian at Sengkang and he charged me total 270$ . (Scan+Consulation +folic acid +Vitamin).My pregnant 11 weeks now. He no ask me anything and he just do scan only(He took only 5 mins and very rushed). Then ,they never measure blood pressure , weight etc .I felt like he no care to patient. Does he always like that? Please advise me .

R u still with Dr Adrain Woodworth? My sec visit is due soon and im considering to change to another gynae becos he is v fast during our appt. I do not doubt his professionalism thou.

Any recommendation around Yishun/Ang Mo Kio area ? Open till late evening. Any kind soul could explain the meaning or private or government ?

The main factor for considering a gynae ? What's the meaning of $650/- after 12 visit ?

Thank you

R u still with Dr Adrain Woodworth? My sec visit is due soon and im considering to change to another gynae becos he is v fast during our appt. I do not doubt his professionalism thou.

my 2 boys delivered by dr adrian and currently this pregnancy seeing him too.. waiting time and taking med u must be prepared to wait esp weekends and evening.. agree with you he is v fast seeing you but if you have any questions u can asked him.. if you not comfortable you can consider to change gynae..

Hi all,

If you wish to save some money on the antenatal, you might want to take this route:

1) Go polyclinic to get referral letter to public hospital
2) Inform them of your preferred hospital
3) Go hospital for first few check-ups
4) If your record is low-risk, doctor will suggest you go polyclinics for routine check-ups and only for hospital for scans
5) Last month before EDD, you return to hospital for check-ups.

Antenatal check-ups at poly cost $17.60 per visit.

That's what i have been doing.... i am 13 weeks now and planning to after my detail scanned at week 20 in KKH, i want to transfer to see private doc in TMC. Is it possible?

@belle_mommy , sure! Gynae Health Clinic for women
Dr. Phua Soo Mear tel: 6282 8960
Blk 211 Hougang St.21 #01-289 (kovan mrt)
Hi is dr phua a female doctor?
I m searching for gynae now can i collect some feedback abt her?is she chop chop type or very patient type of doctor?
Does she has gynae package?start when and how much?thanks

Hi is dr phua a female doctor?
I m searching for gynae now can i collect some feedback abt her?is she chop chop type or very patient type of doctor?
Does she has gynae package?start when and how much?thanks

He is a very calm and patient person. Think he's near to 60 already. Got #2 & #3 c-sec with him. $550 starting from week13 I think. Sorry my memory very poor. I like the clinic waiting time. I usually chose early morning 9am+ appt, from rch till leave always less than 1hr, sometimes half an hr. Most importantly is near my place and carpark is cheap and easy.

Hi dear! I'm first time mummy and is in my week 7 now. Is anyone have dr.benj Tham delivery package fees? Can share with me? Thank you!

Hi im expecting my #1 in October and I have already went for my first appt with Dr. Adrian Woodworth at TMC in CCK. However, can anyone enlighten me on the total hospital costs if I were to assign Dr. Adrian to delivery for me? I understand that TMC have a maternity package for normal delivery, however, if i were to assign Dr. Adrian, do i need to pay the hospital the delivery fee too? Im confused!

Hi Tingkerbelle91, I delivered my #2 at TMC in Nov 14, by Dr. Adrian Woodworth. Mine is normal delivery. Delivery fee is about $1,700 plus. I got upgraded from 4 bedder to 2 bedder for free. When admission that time i paid $1,500 for deposit. When discharged top up another $700 plus. If Im not wrong the delivery fee is for Dr. Adrian. Then TMC is only charge us for others, no delivery fee included. If u want the details i dig out my bill for u...coz all kept by my hubby...

Hi Tingkerbelle91, I delivered my #2 at TMC in Nov 14, by Dr. Adrian Woodworth. Mine is normal delivery. Delivery fee is about $1,700 plus. I got upgraded from 4 bedder to 2 bedder for free. When admission that time i paid $1,500 for deposit. When discharged top up another $700 plus. If Im not wrong the delivery fee is for Dr. Adrian. Then TMC is only charge us for others, no delivery fee included. If u want the details i dig out my bill for u...coz all kept by my hubby...

That means total u paid in cash about $3900+ ($1700+$1500+700), then madisave leh? Did they deduct your medisave?

Go to Thomson
Although kkh seems cheap but my girlfriend who gave birth twice said my thomsom package is way cheaper
$670 for doc Benjamin tham

Hospital package can be viewed online :)
Service and facilities are way better too.

Since when kkh is cheap??

They are not cheap at all. My delivery at thomson is way more affordable than kkh!

Go to Thomson
Although kkh seems cheap but my girlfriend who gave birth twice said my thomsom package is way cheaper
$670 for doc Benjamin tham

Hospital package can be viewed online :)
Service and facilities are way better too.

Since when kkh is cheap??

They are not cheap at all. My delivery at thomson is way more affordable than kkh!

oh dear....:( * cross my fingers....

i cant explain how it feels but you will know baby is with you. dont worry too much!

Worrying can cause pregnancy issues

Hi Yen Kang Qi, thanks for your help in this. Would it be possible to let me know the details of the bill? I would like to know what I would need to be paying for. I understand that we have to pay the delivery fee to Dr. Adrian, but did you still pay TMC for the normal delivery package price? that is around $3200 now on the website? + pediatrician fees?

How nice u got free upgrade?how did u get that:)

Hi RnRnr, i also duno how come there is free upgrade... haha... my #1 (2012) also with Dr. Arian Woodworth, during admission the nurse told me that under this gynae i got free upgrade from 4 bedder to 2 bedder... may be u can double check *^▁^*

Usually tmc will be upgraded. As 4 bedder is limited.
Tmc upgraded me for free also. Under Dr. Phua

Hi all. :)

First time mummy here. So excited..
Would like to ask if anyone seeing ML Yeap currently or has been with her before? :)
any feedback or review? And how is her charges like?

TIA!! :)

I just took up package with Dr Benjamin Tham @ TMC $700 from 12 weeks onwards. Excludes supplements. I think it's quite reasonable and he is rather humorous. His staff are also very polite and nice.

Can anybody share their bill size for single bedded with Dr Tham natural delivery at TMC?

I just took up package with Dr Benjamin Tham @ TMC $700 from 12 weeks onwards. Excludes supplements. I think it's quite reasonable and he is rather humorous. His staff are also very polite and nice.

Can anybody share their bill size for single bedded with Dr Tham natural delivery at TMC?
Hey, dr tham delivered my bb on 1 Feb..
I took the normal single room package and excl delivery fees, bb expenses the cost is 3.9 ish for me b4 cpf deductions. normal delivery with epidrual and vacuum.
looks like the package price has increased slightly? it was 650 last year when i decided on him :) totally love him.i miss gg for antenatal scans !

Hey, dr tham delivered my bb on 1 Feb..
I took the normal single room package and excl delivery fees, bb expenses the cost is 3.9 ish for me b4 cpf deductions. normal delivery with epidrual and vacuum.
looks like the package price has increased slightly? it was 650 last year when i decided on him :) totally love him.i miss gg for antenatal scans !

Hello mummy gammahedging!

Congrats on your new born! How are you coping now?
I have been for 2 visits and Dr Tham has been very nice.
Yup charged increased for 2015 but it's still reasonable. I hope total bill will not exceed 6k for us.

Hello mummy gammahedging!

Congrats on your new born! How are you coping now?
I have been for 2 visits and Dr Tham has been very nice.
Yup charged increased for 2015 but it's still reasonable. I hope total bill will not exceed 6k for us.
I do think his charges are very reasonable.

He is very nice, professional and funny....

So far I think I am doing fine, got ups and downs and there are times when I can't help it but cry cos I feel overwhelmed when I don't know why she is screaming. However when she is good, the cherubic look on her face really makes my heart melt....

If you don't have any weird complications (no c sec etc) and assuming u take the normal single room (not the premier single room cos i understand that there is no hospital package for that. everything is charged on a la carte basis) your hospital charges should come up to about 6k or so (not sure if TMC will raise their hospital packages , not sure abt dr tham's delivery charges now after the price review). if u r talking abt including bb's expenses then within 6k for single room may be hard.

Last edited:
Hi,

want to check the cost, has it calculate like below:
Example for normal delivery without any epidural or assistance help:
before check in:
Gynae delivery fee $1000
Choose 1 bedded $3518.16
Total $4518.16
Upon discharge:
Gynae delivery fee balance $1300
baby pd $1000
Total $2300
Deduct from Medisave $2100
After deduction that I need to pay is $200

What does the package include?

What does the package include?

Back