(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Attachments

• 20141120_175029.jpg
    20141120_175029.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 286

I pump milk until bleed. Now have to stop expressing milk and the engorgement is so terrible. Feeling so depressed now..

Then apply cold cabbage, saw this from mt. A breastfeeding channel.
My mil Said, bleeding also can let bb latch, fainted!

I'm the one who really can't tahan pain, that's y I can't bear it.
So far never done any big operation, csect consider a big operations for me.

I do believe gynae play a important part, believe my gynae has done his best on me.
His stitches skill also superb, now I m feeling better.

I agree with u! I also cannot tahan pain... and c sect is the only operation tat i had done... n its major! Im just so dying to drink something cold and bath officially... im like a rat now... everyday bath also secretly bath... must hide myself n dry my hair quickly... counting down..im 3days away from freedom... but also 3days away from sleepless nights.. haha...

I pump milk until bleed. Now have to stop expressing milk and the engorgement is so terrible. Feeling so depressed now..

Don't feel depressed.. It will soon b over.. I also hv some bleeding on my nipple when I 1st bf my youngest.. It took 1-2 weeks... It was so painful when I bf... Till the point I wanted to give up... But I already bf my 2 others.. So I persevere... The lactation consultant said its ok to cont bf... Apply some nipple cream... When u bf, just clean properly...

Me not only that but sore nipples too.
Jia you, keep massage and let your bb latch, pump too.
What I did last time , let bb latch from opposite side ... That mean bb leg should be facing above your head . I latch bb on the bed. It helps me . Dunno if that will helps you . Maybe you wanna try ?

Use hot towel massage also .. When engorged will put cabbage surround the breast for overnight ... But only use this method once .. The time discharge from hospital .. The rest will be latching bb from opposite side

Then apply cold cabbage, saw this from mt. A breastfeeding channel.
My mil Said, bleeding also can let bb latch, fainted!
Bleeding .. I use bm freshly to apply on nipple , or I use the medela nipple cream .. It did help me .. Dunno will help you or not .. You can try ..

Btw, the bleed is internal or external wound? If internal, its better you have to seek professional help or monitor for few days to see anymore bleeding... if external wounds, as what fluffy2 mentioned, apply your own breast milk on the wound, it will dry up the next day.... for the engorgement, you can use the cabbage as mentioned... hot towel will only made you produce more milk and your breast will be more engorged. If i'm you and the bleeding is from external wounds, i will just massage my engorged breast using my knuckles by closing my fist and forcefully rub towards the direction of the nipple, at the same time, use a electric breast pump to express the milk (if alot blood gets into the milk, pls throw away... alittle bit, your baby still can drink).... the next day you will feel that your breast will not be engorged anymore...

I did it to myself in 2 cases of engorgement and the next day, no problem liao... once was a hard lump on my left breast and i did the massage, bearing all the pain (i used a hot towel in a ziplock bag and warm the lump area, at the same time, expressing out the BM)... the next day the lump was gone. Another time was that my bra was too tight, my right breast became engorged, did the same massage, hot towel and pumping.... 24hrs, my right boob no problem anymore....

and about the uneven milk supply of our boobs... its common.... i am feeding my LO on EBM so i know hw much milk my left & right boob will produce every 3 hrs... my left never exceed 40ml but my right can go up to 120ml sometimes... how much i massage, drink, eat... my left just feel emptied after pumping out 40ml.... :(.... prolly there are just lesser milk ducts in my left... btw, i gave birth on 1st nov...

Last edited:
The Is a traditional way to make tummy flat but dunno how true is it.
My colleague relative use coarse salt and fried the salt without oil.
After that put the salt inside a bag ( u can use used pillow case ), rub on your tummy or any part of our body.
It will help to reduce water retention on ur body.
U can try it.

I did buy the coarse salt too, but not yet tried.
Wow really? Do let me know on u've tried it and whether it really works! :)

Btw, the bleed is internal or external wound? If internal, its better you have to seek professional help or monitor for few days to see anymore bleeding... if external wounds, as what fluffy2 mentioned, apply your own breast milk on the wound, it will dry up the next day.... for the engorgement, you can use the cabbage as mentioned... hot towel will only made you produce more milk and your breast will be more engorged. If i'm you and the bleeding is from external wounds, i will just massage my engorged breast using my knuckles by closing my fist and forcefully rub towards the direction of the nipple, at the same time, use a electric breast pump to express the milk (if alot blood gets into the milk, pls throw away... alittle bit, your baby still can drink).... the next day you will feel that your breast will not be engorged anymore...

I did it to myself in 2 cases of engorgement and the next day, no problem liao... once was a hard lump on my left breast and i did the massage, bearing all the pain (i used a hot towel in a ziplock bag and warm the lump area, at the same time, expressing out the BM)... the next day the lump was gone. Another time was that my bra was too tight, my right breast became engorged, did the same massage, hot towel and pumping.... 24hrs, my right boob no problem anymore....

and about the uneven milk supply of our boobs... its common.... i am feeding my LO on EBM so i know hw much milk my left & right boob will produce every 3 hrs... my left never exceed 40ml but my right can go up to 120ml sometimes... how much i massage, drink, eat... my left just feel emptied after pumping out 40ml.... :(.... prolly there are just lesser milk ducts in my left... btw, i gave birth on 1st nov...
Same, my left side can only produce up to 30ml, while my right side up to 90ml in ard 8-10min. Even if I continue pumping beyond 10min, I know the left side won't continue dripping cos by the 10min mark, it will alr stop dripping. Damn sian. And baby doesn't like to latch on left side cos of the low milk supply and probably poor let-down, so it makes it worse. I think I'll be stuck with max 30ml for my left side. Do u think its possible to exclusively BF LO till at least six mths with just the right side?

Anything to increase milk supply besides eating fish? Dunno why bb always cry when latch. Think i have no milk, everytime express both sides...always 30-40ml only...got once hit 60ml after an hr of pumping. Any advice??

Anything to increase milk supply besides eating fish? Dunno why bb always cry when latch. Think i have no milk, everytime express both sides...always 30-40ml only...got once hit 60ml after an hr of pumping. Any advice??

Try asking medi from ur doc to increase milk supply? Im taking medi from my gynae... n my milk supply increased within few days... now i can pump up to 80 to 90ml....

Hi mummies... am scheduled for elective c-sect next week. Nervous cos my firstborn was done via GA. This time opt to be awake to witness my baby's cry. Is the whole procedure scary? Care to share your experience?

Drink more soup and a cup of hot Milo before pumping. Also try to let baby latch more often.

Hi mummies, I went to the lactation clinic and the nurses help to express the milk using their own hands! They mentioned due to hormones changes that's why my nipples are clog up. The process quite painful due engorgement for so many days. I gotten fever due milk unable to express out too. Luckily after this session, my milk had been successfully pump out and I can pump my milk out when I get home.

Hi mummies, I went to the lactation clinic and the nurses help to express the milk using their own hands! They mentioned due to hormones changes that's why my nipples are clog up. The process quite painful due engorgement for so many days. I gotten fever due milk unable to express out too. Luckily after this session, my milk had been successfully pump out and I can pump my milk out when I get home.
Miko, i also feel like going...u went to nuh?

Miko, i also feel like going...u went to nuh?
It's under Thomson Medical group. The address is Blk 2 balestier rd #01-671. Tel number is 62514090. This clinic also teaches mummies how to let your baby latch on correctly, how to use your breast pump., how to bath or take care of the babies etc.. You can call them to make an appointment before going down.

Hi mummies... am scheduled for elective c-sect next week. Nervous cos my firstborn was done via GA. This time opt to be awake to witness my baby's cry. Is the whole procedure scary? Care to share your experience?

Hi Lynn1e, don't be afraid... i did my c-sect by opting for half anesthesia as well.... the anesthesia doctor will hook you on a drip 1st then give you epidural... in 10 secs, your lower body will be so numb that you can't even wiggle your toes... the doc will test if the epidural works by asking you to move your legs and pinching your tummy before the operation. He/she will ask whats your level of numbness before proceeding with op... He will also stay beside you to periodically inject something into your drip to make you slightly dizzy or more relaxed... After 10 mins, your gynae will probably had operate on you and try to get the baby out, then you can see the gynae, a nurse and maybe anesthesia doctor pressing on your tummy together (which I was soooo numb that i can't even feel the pressure of them squeezing the baby out...).... then after which you will hear the cries of your baby... a nurse will do a quick wash up for the baby and then you will be happily taking picture with your baby, while your gynae is stitching you up.... all within 30mins only....

It's under Thomson Medical group. The address is Blk 2 balestier rd #01-671. Tel number is 62514090. This clinic also teaches mummies how to let your baby latch on correctly, how to use your breast pump., how to bath or take care of the babies etc.. You can call them to make an appointment before going down.
Miko, my hubby asked me to give up breastfeeding. My breasts very engorge every 4-5hrs. :(

Hi Lynn1e, don't be afraid... i did my c-sect by opting for half anesthesia as well.... the anesthesia doctor will hook you on a drip 1st then give you epidural... in 10 secs, your lower body will be so numb that you can't even wiggle your toes... the doc will test if the epidural works by asking you to move your legs and pinching your tummy before the operation. He/she will ask whats your level of numbness before proceeding with op... He will also stay beside you to periodically inject something into your drip to make you slightly dizzy or more relaxed... After 10 mins, your gynae will probably had operate on you and try to get the baby out, then you can see the gynae, a nurse and maybe anesthesia doctor pressing on your tummy together (which I was soooo numb that i can't even feel the pressure of them squeezing the baby out...).... then after which you will hear the cries of your baby... a nurse will do a quick wash up for the baby and then you will be happily taking picture with your baby, while your gynae is stitching you up.... all within 30mins only....
Thank you so much, Eleona for sharing. Felt more relax knowing what's going to happen. :)

Miko, my hubby asked me to give up breastfeeding. My breasts very engorge every 4-5hrs. :(
Try to feed your child with your milk for at least a month. This will benefit your child and yourself. Breastfeeding can help you to slim down and the breast milk actually benefits your child a lot. I also try to breastfeed my #2 for approximately 2 mths.

My newborn do not want to latch. anyone having this problem or can advise me?
Hi Datouling, sorry to ask. Is it due that you and inverted nipples so your child unable to latch? You can buy the Avent nipple shield. Stretch the nipple shield and try to squeeze your areola into the shield. Then try to let your child latch on. This is how the nurse taught me.

Is not the inveted nipple. My baby appetite quite big so he has to mix with formula milk, so he gets hungry fast and want the easy way out.

Hi mummies.. had been super busy with my baby... mummies dun give up on breastfeeding ah. Although i will intend to stop at 3months cos i will begin work soon.. although many advice best is 6months...

My baby finally 1month old... and she tend to puke my bm than fm.. very upset but still... she is getting better now... less puke but monster appetite.. my pumping seems to be stabling at 60 to 70ml every pump.. for 45mins... every 5hrs....even after medi... shall monitor for 1 more week.. if milk supple so stable n little may just stop at 2month... but engorging is so painful...

Any mummies know how to stop milk supple if wan to stop bf?

Hi mummies.. had been super busy with my baby... mummies dun give up on breastfeeding ah. Although i will intend to stop at 3months cos i will begin work soon.. although many advice best is 6months...

My baby finally 1month old... and she tend to puke my bm than fm.. very upset but still... she is getting better now... less puke but monster appetite.. my pumping seems to be stabling at 60 to 70ml every pump.. for 45mins... every 5hrs....even after medi... shall monitor for 1 more week.. if milk supple so stable n little may just stop at 2month... but engorging is so painful...

Any mummies know how to stop milk supple if wan to stop bf?
Christin, just take medicine from doc to stop bf.

Dun stop bf if possible.
My bb jaundice very high, these few days keep doing blood test since Fri till today.
Doctor asked me to mix bf and formula milk currently.
Old folk said because of we (mummies ) consume a lot of ginger so that jaundice never drop.
Wed need to draw blood again for jaundice test.
Tml going back to my gyane for review after c sect.

Dun stop bf if possible.
My bb jaundice very high, these few days keep doing blood test since Fri till today.
Doctor asked me to mix bf and formula milk currently.
Old folk said because of we (mummies ) consume a lot of ginger so that jaundice never drop.
Wed need to draw blood again for jaundice test.
Tml going back to my gyane for review after c sect.
Bb dun latch properly, very engorged....how to handle? Deprive for slp some more...cant get proper rest....no energy everyday...how to feed?

Bb dun latch properly, very engorged....how to handle? Deprive for slp some more...cant get proper rest....no energy everyday...how to feed?
Today I have one consultant think named venessa from tmc .. She is very good .. She takes time and slowly guide me how to latch the baby on ..

Bb still learning, we mummies learning too.
Dun give up bf totally, u can feed bb with formula alternately.
I do it too, formula and EBM.

Back