(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Here's something interesting to note about fish oil intake during pregnancy. Thought 300mg of DHA is enough but apparently, not even sufficient to cover myself! So went to get more. Now on Blackmores Fish Oil 1000 and Blackmores Omega Brain. :)

http://www.omegavia.com/fish-oil-during-pregnancy/

"Ten years ago, scientists said 300 mg of DHA should be the minimum. This is why the DHA pills your OB/GYN office gave you contain 200 to 300 mg DHA. But what scientists know about fish oil and pregnancy has changed in the last 10 years. Now, the latest consensus calls for a MINIMUM of 900 mg DHA per day. And that just covers the basic, bare-minimum needs for your baby and your body."

@BubsandBloms, we didn't announce on FB but only to close frens. My hubby and I are quite pantang so we will only start buying bb stuff during third trimester. This bb didn't come easy for us so better be safe than sorry. hee.

I've already bought most of the stuff - breast pumps, warmer, bottles, nursing pillows, yaolan etc.. left newborn essentials like rompers and diapers yet to buy.

I've already bought most of the stuff - breast pumps, warmer, bottles, nursing pillows, yaolan etc.. left newborn essentials like rompers and diapers yet to buy.
i started buying rompers but also dont know if bb can wear or not cos 0-3mths like very small ...then 3-6mths like very big...

i only buy warms, bottles. havent look at the rest yet.

This is #2 so i haven't got into buying mood yet. Gonna take things out of storeroom during third tri. I'm on the lookout for bigger diaper bag!

speaking of diaper bags, those Petunia Pickle Bottom ones look so cool! couldn't resist and bought 2 already when there was a sale on Pupsik. :p

Hello mummies, quick qns, is SKII safe to use during pregnancy? Anyone using now? I saw a cellumination xmas set I'm keen to get...

I'm nearing 14 weeks. Going for my Oscar tomorrow. It's been a tough first trim, I was admitted to hospital for iv drip last week coz of excessive vomiting and dehydration. The nausea and sickness still gets to me everyday. I'm still waiting for it to go away.

Yes on to more milestones! Do you think it's safe to tell HR at work now? Or the world at large?

Thanks for the well wishes!
@StacyHF, I only tell my boss and HR when I reach 15 weeks and after I make sure my Oscar test result is fine. I told my direct family (MIL, parents, sister) and my best friend once I know I am pregnant. Other than that nobody know I am pregnant. Some colleague also have not aware if I am pregnant. But I feel i could not hide my tummy any longer. They might asked me within this 2 weeks, I guess. lols....

This is #2 so i haven't got into buying mood yet. Gonna take things out of storeroom during third tri. I'm on the lookout for bigger diaper bag!

Same same! Intend to dig out during third tri, or ask frens for second hand stuff lolol.... Not as excited to buy things this time round. Poor #2! hahahaha.......

Here's something interesting to note about fish oil intake during pregnancy. Thought 300mg of DHA is enough but apparently, not even sufficient to cover myself! So went to get more. Now on Blackmores Fish Oil 1000 and Blackmores Omega Brain. :)

"Ten years ago, scientists said 300 mg of DHA should be the minimum. This is why the DHA pills your OB/GYN office gave you contain 200 to 300 mg DHA. But what scientists know about fish oil and pregnancy has changed in the last 10 years. Now, the latest consensus calls for a MINIMUM of 900 mg DHA per day. And that just covers the basic, bare-minimum needs for your baby and your body."
OMG, my prenatal multivit only cover about 250mg of DHA...... even less than the minimum. :eek:

Hello mummies, quick qns, is SKII safe to use during pregnancy? Anyone using now? I saw a cellumination xmas set I'm keen to get...

I'm nearing 14 weeks. Going for my Oscar tomorrow. It's been a tough first trim, I was admitted to hospital for iv drip last week coz of excessive vomiting and dehydration. The nausea and sickness still gets to me everyday. I'm still waiting for it to go away.

Im still using SK II now... I dun see any warnings on their packaging so I assumed its fine.

Hope you feel well soon! And good luck for your Oscar, I'm oso still waiting for my results.....

By the way, anyone of you already announce your pregnancy? I am at week 13 and struggling if I should announce.

Also, I actually already bought something for our baby. Because Husband went USA to work and Bugaboo stroller was cheaper there, therefore, we went to buy it, along with a dress and a shirt (because we still don't know the gender yet).

@mylilsheep Glad everything is ok and fine. Sometimes, such things happen, husband and wife just need to have a good talk and everything will be ok.
How much is it there? And here? I might buy it too.

Im still using SK II now... I dun see any warnings on their packaging so I assumed its fine.

Hope you feel well soon! And good luck for your Oscar, I'm oso still waiting for my results.....

Thank you sweetie for the SKII info. Are you using cellumination products? Not sure if whitening product is okay.

Hope the results turn out good tmr. After all the torturing weeks, just hope the scan and results can make me happy tmr.

@StacyHF, I only tell my boss and HR when I reach 15 weeks and after I make sure my Oscar test result is fine. I told my direct family (MIL, parents, sister) and my best friend once I know I am pregnant. Other than that nobody know I am pregnant. Some colleague also have not aware if I am pregnant. But I feel i could not hide my tummy any longer. They might asked me within this 2 weeks, I guess. lols....
Your oscar is only in week 15?

Thank you sweetie for the SKII info. Are you using cellumination products? Not sure if whitening product is okay.

Hope the results turn out good tmr. After all the torturing weeks, just hope the scan and results can make me happy tmr.
I read that any whitening products are not really recommended. Maybe you can google the ingredients?

I can't use my teeth whiteners either. And many face masks I'm holding off using.

Nope im using e normal facial treatment essence only. I cant be sure about other range tho, maybe can google? Or ask your gynae what kind of facial pdts shld avoid.

We were thinking of just using the 2015 DG50 baby gift package diaper bag. But sure very ugly one. Ha ha

Congrats on the great oscar results :)

Got give diaper bag ah? Im still using my big longchamp for diaper bag. I saw on e news last nite got scrapbook oso. You know i tried to do a scrapbook for my gal before she turned 1. She is going to be 3 next wk and my scrapbook is still not ready…… lololol

It cost approx 900 to 1000 in USA. Over in SG, it cost approx 1200 to 1400.

Wah this stroller quite exp! Shld be those super sturdy kind.

Hubby just told me to get a care sticker to stick on myself during mrt rides so people will give up seats to me. Laugh die me. Abit paiseh right!!

cynn04, I'd be paiseh! and seriously, not everyone will look up and notice unless you put a neon sign on your head. once we sit down we usually take out phones or close eyes sleep right? :p

Thanks all for the SKII answers, think I will buy the set and use the cellumination stuff only after giving birth to be safe.

Oh just to share I also bought the angel sounds Doppler from qoo10 two weeks back. It works very well to hear the heartbeat and cost $40+, takes one week to ship from HK. Amidst my very depressing sickness and vomiting, it did help to bring me some comfort hearing the little heartbeat once every few days. Never fails to make me smile no matter how defeated I felt end of the day.

Wah this stroller quite exp! Shld be those super sturdy kind.

Hubby just told me to get a care sticker to stick on myself during mrt rides so people will give up seats to me. Laugh die me. Abit paiseh right!!

I wanted that and hubby was hesistant because it's expensive. But eventually, he gave in.

Your hubby v funny lah! Hahaha.

I have not been eating dha fish oil?
Necessary to eat?
I only eating new obimin which no contain fish oil

Actually most gynae will recommend taking fish oil. It is essential for neurological and early visual development of the baby.

Congrats on the great oscar results :)

Got give diaper bag ah? Im still using my big longchamp for diaper bag. I saw on e news last nite got scrapbook oso. You know i tried to do a scrapbook for my gal before she turned 1. She is going to be 3 next wk and my scrapbook is still not ready…… lololol
Haha yeah and baby sling also. But confirm DAMN UGLY ONE.

I saw the scrap book on the newspaper too. Ugly print!

Hello all fellow MTBs. I am new to this forum. This is my first pregnancy and I am currently 15 weeks+. EDD is 10 May. I've gotten my harmony test results 2 wks back and I am expecting a boy! Hehe. Mind if someone adds me to the FB group? Nice meeting everyone here. Thanks!!

Hello, I have the same EDD as you. Mine is a girl!

@shirevan fish oil ang pregnancy multi vit is only need to start aft 1st trim. Have u passed ur 1st trim? I took organic calcium pill frm my gynae, and bought Blackmores Omega Brain fish oil and pregnancy multi vit advance frm my friend

Your oscar is only in week 15?
@StacyHF, I have oscar scan at around week 12, then I was worried with my blood test result because last time they asked my hubby for blood test too. I do not really know why. So I wait until my next visit with gynae to make sure everything ok before I announce to everybody. Anyway, I am still not ready to announce it on fb. I just let those people around me know by themselves as soon as I have obvious tummy. :)

My gynae asked me to stop folic acid after week 12 and start the prenatal multivits + calcium. I see that the multivits already include folic acid, though not as high dosage as the previous folic acid pills.

My gynae asked me to switch from folic acid to fish oil now, ganalia. Only take once a day leh. Is it enough? They havnt prescribed me calcium yet. But I think I will ask for it.

Back