Procedure for Fertility Checks

veromon

Hello all, I have fixed an appt with kkh and I would like to know what procedures and how many appointments you have to go through to obtain results? Is the first session only for consultation and no tests?

Do you also have another hospital to recommend instead? Hope to hear from all.. thanks!:)

Hi, i had check-ups with KKH since Mar'14 (i took referral from Polyclinic..
For me, they had checked :
1) if im pregnant (irregular menses + PCOS)
2) Ultrasound scans (both transvirginal and normal scanning) to see if there's anything growing inside
3) HSG - to see if my tubes are being blocked and is the womb in weird shape
4) blood test - to see if i am ovulating

Everything is ok for me except i am overweight and not ovulating.. :(
they gave me clomid but seems like it is not working for me (although i am only in 2nd cycle of clomid)
Today is my CD 37 but throughout from CD12, i am testing with neg O, so i concluded myself is not ovulating..
my next appt is on 31st Oct...

I'm a private patient with nuh. I did about 3 consultation so far and today just went for my iui. I did hsg, 2 blood test, some scanning. My hb did two SA. My ovulation is ok but I have a suspected blocked right tube. My hb is showing poor sperm results and has been on supplements for a mth so far.

Hi, i had check-ups with KKH since Mar'14 (i took referral from Polyclinic..
For me, they had checked :
1) if im pregnant (irregular menses + PCOS)
2) Ultrasound scans (both transvirginal and normal scanning) to see if there's anything growing inside
3) HSG - to see if my tubes are being blocked and is the womb in weird shape
4) blood test - to see if i am ovulating

Everything is ok for me except i am overweight and not ovulating.. :(
they gave me clomid but seems like it is not working for me (although i am only in 2nd cycle of clomid)
Today is my CD 37 but throughout from CD12, i am testing with neg O, so i concluded myself is not ovulating..
my next appt is on 31st Oct...
I'm a private patient with nuh. I did about 3 consultation so far and today just went for my iui. I did hsg, 2 blood test, some scanning. My hb did two SA. My ovulation is ok but I have a suspected blocked right tube. My hb is showing poor sperm results and has been on supplements for a mth so far.

Chloe:
Why does your hub need 2 SA?

Beanie:
I just had my appt. Only 5 mins consultation and was asked to go back. Did not check if im preggy. Going for ultrasound and blood tests soon. Im pissed that nothing was done for me today except to see doc for a few mins. :( I really wonder why this ttc is so fraught with difficulties.

Last edited:
Chloe:
Why does your hub need 2 SA?

Beanie:
I just had my appt. Only 5 mins consultation and was asked to go back. Did not check if im preggy. Going for ultrasound and blood tests soon. Im pissed that nothing was done for me today except to see doc for a few mins. :( I really wonder why this ttc is so fraught with difficulties.
Because of poor sperm results the first time, they will wanna check 2nd time to make sure the first results are not outliers.

I replied to u in the other thread. Please don't feel upset abt ur first consultation because it's the same everywhere. They cannot comment much until they get ur blood test and ultrasound results. I was just wondering why ur wait is 2 hours so long.

Hello veromon

I went to KKH as a private patient. On my first appointment, I explained to the doctor my situation and asked for fertility tests. Immediately, he did an ultrasound scan (to check my ovaries and uterus), paps smear, and ordered blood tests (I googled about the tests and they seem to be checking for ovarian reserves). He also ordered HSG (x-ray to check if fallopian tubes are blocked) which can only be done after the next menstration, and sperm analysis test for HB (also needs to be scheduled because the man has to clear his "stock" and abstain from sex for 3 days before he can give for the SA test).

You should see doctor for review only after all tests are completed. The latest would be HSG, of which the result will be out after 1 week.

So from above, you can roughly gauge your own timeline from test to review.

Hello veromon

I went to KKH as a private patient. On my first appointment, I explained to the doctor my situation and asked for fertility tests. Immediately, he did an ultrasound scan (to check my ovaries and uterus), paps smear, and ordered blood tests (I googled about the tests and they seem to be checking for ovarian reserves). He also ordered HSG (x-ray to check if fallopian tubes are blocked) which can only be done after the next menstration, and sperm analysis test for HB (also needs to be scheduled because the man has to clear his "stock" and abstain from sex for 3 days before he can give for the SA test).

You should see doctor for review only after all tests are completed. The latest would be HSG, of which the result will be out after 1 week.

So from above, you can roughly gauge your own timeline from test to review.

Hihi, thank you for responding. How many appointments did that take you? I didnt do any tests that day. Which doc did you see?

1st appointment: consultation, u/s scan, paps smear, blood tests
2nd appointment: HSG. HB submitted specimen for SA test. (We chose the same day for convenience. The SA test could be done earlier.)
3rd appointment: Review

I saw Dr. Tan Heng Hao @ Clinic D.

1st appointment: consultation, u/s scan, paps smear, blood tests
2nd appointment: HSG. HB submitted specimen for SA test. (We chose the same day for convenience. The SA test could be done earlier.)
3rd appointment: Review

I saw Dr. Tan Heng Hao @ Clinic D.
Babe, from the time u called to make an appointment, how long did u wait to get your first appointment with Dr Tan?

Babe, from the time u called to make an appointment, how long did u wait to get your first appointment with Dr Tan?

Well, as it was not too urgent for me, I booked an appointment for 4 weeks later. I remember the CSO assigned me an earlier date (cannot remember how far away) but I couldn't make it.

For Dr. Tan HH, I managed to find out later that he sees first timers only on certain days of the week and Saturday is one of them. If you are interested to see him, I highly suggest you get a Saturday morning (1st or 2nd in Q) appointment because waiting time for him is C.R.A.Z.Y!

Hope it helps! :)

Hi veromon

How are you?
Have you gone for your first appointment @ KKH?

ttc.png

Hey, yep I went for my screenings but will only collect my results two weeks later. I'm currently in my 2ww. So wishing that this will be The Month...

Mine was fairly recent and I'm a subsidised patient. This is my journey so far:

Late Aug: Referred to KKH by my endocrine doc at TTSH (i have hypothyroid). Initially, KKH gave an early Sep date for appt but was away for a few weeks so requested for late Sep upon my return to SG.

Late Sep 1st appt: Saw doc at KKH. Did u/s, pap smear and 1 blood test.

From Early Oct to Mid Oct: Did 2 more blood tests and HSG. Hubby did SA.

27 Oct 2nd appt: Doc review. Informed of all test results. Recommended to commence so-iui. We've unexplained infertility. Both no issues.

4 Nov: iui briefing + both did HIV, etc blood tests

7 Nov: my menses came. Called KKIVF centre. Went down to pick up meds + briefed on injections...

Tmr is my day 7 scan to check on follicles. I would say so far I don't have any complaints abt KKH. Seems rather prompt and systematic, only that although i'm under Dr Tan HH, I have not seen him. Usually it's one of the team doctors under him.

Hi Franch, how do you know if you have unexplained infertility? Is it determined by the number of months you have ttc-ed? How is the iui procedure like?

Hi Franch, how do you know if you have unexplained infertility? Is it determined by the number of months you have ttc-ed? How is the iui procedure like?

I think it's a combi of months of ttc-ed + test results + age. My hubby n I been trying for only 9 mths to date but no luck n cos we aren't young anymore (I'm turning 35 n my husband is turning 36), we decided to check after just 6 mths ttc-ing. All my test results are good n I have apparently very good egg reserve. My menses cycle n ovulation are also very regular. Tubes unblocked. My husband's semen analysis is also normal so the doc said it could be cos of some issue with cervical mucus or just plain bad timing n termed it as 'unexplained subfertility". The doc also recommended that we go for iui soonest cos of our ages. If iui don't work out, need to go for IVF but govt co-funding for IVF does not cover couples over 40 yrs old.

So far, for the iui, briefing was more of a financial one..to make sure u know the costs involved as there are no subsidies. Then very brief info on the entire procedure plus all the risks (e.g. miscarriage, multiples, tubal preg, etc). Did some blood tests to make sure both hubby n I do not have any sexual diseases. Once menses came, called up the KKIVF centre to inform, was told to collect meds from pharmacy n the nurse taught us how to do the injections. Just have to do puregon injections every morning for 5 days. Slight stinging discomfort for about 5-10mins for me once the needle is pierced but otherwise no major side effects after that. tmr is the transvaginal scan to check on follicles n lining. After that, I think depends on results from the scan. If no good or overstimulated, the doc will advise to stop this cycle. If too small, will probably continue with injections for a few more days n check again before they give a trigger shot to induce ovulation for the IUI itself. Everything is quite nerve-wrecking and wait-n-see. At any time, if unsuitable to continue, the doc will just end the cycle n then must try again next menses cycle...

I think it's a combi of months of ttc-ed + test results + age. My hubby n I been trying for only 9 mths to date but no luck n cos we aren't young anymore (I'm turning 35 n my husband is turning 36), we decided to check after just 6 mths ttc-ing. All my test results are good n I have apparently very good egg reserve. My menses cycle n ovulation are also very regular. Tubes unblocked. My husband's semen analysis is also normal so the doc said it could be cos of some issue with cervical mucus or just plain bad timing n termed it as 'unexplained subfertility". The doc also recommended that we go for iui soonest cos of our ages. If iui don't work out, need to go for IVF but govt co-funding for IVF does not cover couples over 40 yrs old.

So far, for the iui, briefing was more of a financial one..to make sure u know the costs involved as there are no subsidies. Then very brief info on the entire procedure plus all the risks (e.g. miscarriage, multiples, tubal preg, etc). Did some blood tests to make sure both hubby n I do not have any sexual diseases. Once menses came, called up the KKIVF centre to inform, was told to collect meds from pharmacy n the nurse taught us how to do the injections. Just have to do puregon injections every morning for 5 days. Slight stinging discomfort for about 5-10mins for me once the needle is pierced but otherwise no major side effects after that. tmr is the transvaginal scan to check on follicles n lining. After that, I think depends on results from the scan. If no good or overstimulated, the doc will advise to stop this cycle. If too small, will probably continue with injections for a few more days n check again before they give a trigger shot to induce ovulation for the IUI itself. Everything is quite nerve-wrecking and wait-n-see. At any time, if unsuitable to continue, the doc will just end the cycle n then must try again next menses cycle...

Thanks for your comprehensive reply. It must be a very painful process but I guess the fruit of your labour will be very sweet when you see your bfp line! :)

I will be awaiting my results next week to see if I'm ok or not. I've been ttc for 12 cycles

Thanks for your comprehensive reply. It must be a very painful process but I guess the fruit of your labour will be very sweet when you see your bfp line! :)

I will be awaiting my results next week to see if I'm ok or not. I've been ttc for 12 cycles
thanks! I think the "pain" would be more about managing expectations n disappointments. Physical pain will eventually go away but emotional pain is another issue. Hope to be blessed with bb soon. :)

Hey, yep I went for my screenings but will only collect my results two weeks later. I'm currently in my 2ww. So wishing that this will be The Month...

Hey veromon, good luck to you! Just go on normal daily life during this 2ww and don't think about it, read about it, whatever about it. No stress ya! :)

Hi franch, I have heard referred cases usually get consulted by doctors on duty. I think Dr. Tan HH consults more on private patients @ Clinic D. I am one of his patients and like you, husband & I went through all the tests too. During review, we were told our tests results are encouraging too and he advised us to continue natural TTC for a few more cycles. He also prescribed a low dosage of clomid for me because I was kind of unsure if I am ovulating or not. He did not say I have unexplained fertility though we are not young too (me 33, HB 35) and been TTC-ing for about 7 cycles at that point in time. So I am surprised to read about your diagnosis as I am worried we have unexplained fertility as well since our situation is sort of similar. Anyway, I am going for SO-IUI counselling next month and I am glad to read about your experience. I could have started earlier but I guess I am still stubborn and want to continue trying natural TTC. I am very intimated by the jabs but after reading through your experience, they seem manageable.

Thanks for sharing, franch! I wish you all the best of luck. One of my close friends strike on 3rd try of SO-IUI, and now her DD is already coming to 2 months old. So if the outcome is not encouraging, please don't give up and persevere ya! Do join in the 2ww thread and let's spur one another on. :)

ttc.png

Hi franch, I have heard referred cases usually get consulted by doctors on duty. I think Dr. Tan HH consults more on private patients @ Clinic D. I am one of his patients and like you, husband & I went through all the tests too. During review, we were told our tests results are encouraging too and he advised us to continue natural TTC for a few more cycles. He also prescribed a low dosage of clomid for me because I was kind of unsure if I am ovulating or not. He did not say I have unexplained fertility though we are not young too (me 33, HB 35) and been TTC-ing for about 7 cycles at that point in time. So I am surprised to read about your diagnosis as I am worried we have unexplained fertility as well since our situation is sort of similar. Anyway, I am going for SO-IUI counselling next month and I am glad to read about your experience. I could have started earlier but I guess I am still stubborn and want to continue trying natural TTC. I am very intimated by the jabs but after reading through your experience, they seem manageable.

Thanks for sharing, franch! I wish you all the best of luck. One of my close friends strike on 3rd try of SO-IUI, and now her DD is already coming to 2 months old. So if the outcome is not encouraging, please don't give up and persevere ya! Do join in the 2ww thread and let's spur one another on. :)

ttc.png
Hi bepositive...thanks for your positive comments. :) The doc did tell us that if i weren't turning 35 so soon, she would tell us to try conceiving naturally for a while more since both of us are normal after all the tests. But cos i myself am anxious to have a bb n i'm turning 35 n we will have only 5 more years to utilise whatever govt grants there are for ART, she recommended so-iui immediately. It does not help that i work in the early childhood industry n see so many kids every day. How i yearn for my own. :( The term "unexplained subfertility" was listed on my forms for pre-so-iui tests. I think they need to put down a classification on record to determine reason for proceeding with so-iui.

Hi bepositive...thanks for your positive comments. :) The doc did tell us that if i weren't turning 35 so soon, she would tell us to try conceiving naturally for a while more since both of us are normal after all the tests. But cos i myself am anxious to have a bb n i'm turning 35 n we will have only 5 more years to utilise whatever govt grants there are for ART, she recommended so-iui immediately. It does not help that i work in the early childhood industry n see so many kids every day. How i yearn for my own. :( The term "unexplained subfertility" was listed on my forms for pre-so-iui tests. I think they need to put down a classification on record to determine reason for proceeding with so-iui.

Oh I checked my document for SO-IUI, yes doctor also indicated "unexplained fertility". Haha I totally miss that. Ok, I guess you are right, they need to indicate a reason for wanting to op for SO-IUI but they can't find anything unusual so that is next best explanation.

Yes we are also yearning for a kiddo. But many ladies here have emphasized to not be anxious or overly stressed out with wanting a baby. So I guess you should "slow down" a bit and take it easy. I totally understand the anxiety, so try to divert your attention to something/someone/somewhere else. I myself am trying to do the same during 2ww and with distractions, I worry less about TTC-ing. It also helps to manage my expectations when I get AF or BFN.

That friend of mine who got her DD via SO-IUI was seeing TCM physician to "tune" her body to better conceive. You can try the same if you are not against TCM.

Oh I think you already went for your scan right? How did it go?

ttc.png

bepositive, the day 8 scan showed 6 follicles - 3 of them are 11.5mm, 9mm and 8mm..the doc said to continue with
Oh I checked my document for SO-IUI, yes doctor also indicated "unexplained fertility". Haha I totally miss that. Ok, I guess you are right, they need to indicate a reason for wanting to op for SO-IUI but they can't find anything unusual so that is next best explanation.

Yes we are also yearning for a kiddo. But many ladies here have emphasized to not be anxious or overly stressed out with wanting a baby. So I guess you should "slow down" a bit and take it easy. I totally understand the anxiety, so try to divert your attention to something/someone/somewhere else. I myself am trying to do the same during 2ww and with distractions, I worry less about TTC-ing. It also helps to manage my expectations when I get AF or BFN.

That friend of mine who got her DD via SO-IUI was seeing TCM physician to "tune" her body to better conceive. You can try the same if you are not against TCM.

Oh I think you already went for your scan right? How did it go?

ttc.png
Hi bepositive, thanks for your positive words! :) the scan went okay but the weekend pretty much made it difficult for kkh to continue monitoring the follicles and they can only speculate on my ovulation date so i'm a bit nervous. Had to do the ovulation test at home yesterday but the line was very faint. i had a temp dip this morning though so insemination should be either today or tmr. i'm on my way to kkh now for another scan so we'll see.

bepositive, the day 8 scan showed 6 follicles - 3 of them are 11.5mm, 9mm and 8mm..the doc said to continue with

Hi bepositive, thanks for your positive words! :) the scan went okay but the weekend pretty much made it difficult for kkh to continue monitoring the follicles and they can only speculate on my ovulation date so i'm a bit nervous. Had to do the ovulation test at home yesterday but the line was very faint. i had a temp dip this morning though so insemination should be either today or tmr. i'm on my way to kkh now for another scan so we'll see.

Hi franch, I think the size of your follicles on day 8 is encouraging. This cycle sounds like it is viable. Don't be nervous. Keep your emotions calm and distract your mind with other stuff. How is today btw?

ttc.png

Hi franch, I think the size of your follicles on day 8 is encouraging. This cycle sounds like it is viable. Don't be nervous. Keep your emotions calm and distract your mind with other stuff. How is today btw?

ttc.png
Did my last ultrasound before iui on thurs. Getting my pregnyl jab this evening. 2 follicles are 17.5mm each and lining is 9+mm. Doc says i'm ready.

Did my last ultrasound before iui on thurs. Getting my pregnyl jab this evening. 2 follicles are 17.5mm each and lining is 9+mm. Doc says i'm ready.
Wow Im also getting my trigger today! So we are iui buddies... good luck to u! Two very big follicles indeed.

Hey franch, maybe you have a higher threshold of pain? The number of jabs I read from your experience so far is giving me jitters. Sigh! I am going to need lots of support when it is my turn.

franch & chloe, all the best of luck to you both!! Rainbow baby is waiting for you! ;)

ttc.png

yes, thurs too! :) had my trigger shot a while ago..not as painful as i had imagined. i think i scared myself by reading ppl's scary experiences in forums. Turned out to be ok. hahaha
Trigger shot is not pain at all compared to normal arm injection because it only go into skin. Arm one the needle go into muscle

bepostive, hahaha i'm very used to pain (been thru 2 ops n numerous blood tests for my regular thyroid check ups n i've very fine veins that always bruise.) but i still get nervous when i read abt painful injections, esp cos it's the fear of unknown. Most of the time, it's really not as bad as ppl say it is. Don't worry, we'll be here to support when it's your turn! :)

Anyone went for surgery to check Fallopian tubes and uterus before? I was recommended to do it after my blood tests n ultrasound.

Anyone went for surgery to check Fallopian tubes and uterus before? I was recommended to do it after my blood tests n ultrasound.

are you refering to the HSG test ? if yes i did it before .. it is not really a surgery..
It is a highly specialized x-ray called fluoroscopy that uses special contrast material (dye - either water based or oil based) making it possible to see internal organs in motion. During a hysterosalpingogram dye is injected into the uterus and into the fallopian tubes to determine if or where there is a blockage, tear or hole... ...only get mild cramp like feeling..

if you are recommended to do it ... go do it ..

Are the procedures you went through called Hysteroscopy and hyrotubation? The doc called it a day surgery and I was scared cuz it sounds very invasive and I have to stay in hospital for a few hours after that. Costs around 6k

Are the procedures you went through called Hysteroscopy and hyrotubation? The doc called it a day surgery and I was scared cuz it sounds very invasive and I have to stay in hospital for a few hours after that. Costs around 6k

huh? have you been thru HSG ?if you notice all the reply above all been thru HSG and not some invasion surgery..
did your gynae tell you why you need to do this Hysteroscopy and hyrotubation ? somemore this invasive test aint cheap at 6K ? btw private hospital or KKH ?

KKH :( ya I was very shocked so I asked him and he said that this is the next step to take if I pass the blood tests and ultrasound. And I was very suspicious when he looked disappointed when I said I don't wanna take the invasive surgery. And he said if don't want, I can take the 2.5k option. I was very worried because I have never heard of an invasive surgery and I am scared.

Decided to come online to check with you girls

KKH :( ya I was very shocked so I asked him and he said that this is the next step to take if I pass the blood tests and ultrasound. And I was very suspicious when he looked disappointed when I said I don't wanna take the invasive surgery. And he said if don't want, I can take the 2.5k option. I was very worried because I have never heard of an invasive surgery and I am scared.

Decided to come online to check with you girls
my procedure with Raffles hospital is blood test , ultrascan then HSG .. so i am quite surprised KKH will jump to such invasive and expensive procedure....
what is the 2.5K procedure ? and maybe you want to seek 2nd opinion with other private hospital or fertility specialist ?

my procedure with Raffles hospital is blood test , ultrascan then HSG .. so i am quite surprised KKH will jump to such invasive and expensive procedure....
what is the 2.5K procedure ? and maybe you want to seek 2nd opinion with other private hospital or fertility specialist ?

Ya I will. Sigh. Quite disappointed with KKH. Every consultation with doc is 5 mins and the wait is always very long. And I'm at the private clinic. Very very lousy. :( the 2.5k procedure is to X-ray and check Fallopian tubes

Oh my! The surgery sounds scary. Did the doctor explain to you in detail why you need the surgery? Usually HSG is recommended as a first step to check if the fallopian tubes are blocked. HSG costs about S$120 w/o GST @ KKH, if I remember correctly. Yes you must seek second opinion. And don't be frightened to ask for more details because this is your body, you must understand fully what is going on.

ttc.png

@chloe_ng & @franch

Hi ladies, how was your insemination today? Can share with me your experience?

ttc.png
It's my second time already so i know what to expect. It's very fast actually... totally painless. HB drops sperm off for washing at 8 am. I go at 1045 am... dr puts the sperm in via a catheter... done! The whole thing is less than 10 mins. They will ask u if u need an mc to cover your day. haha. It's so fussfree that i'll happily do it every mth if it's not so expensive!

@chloe_ng & @franch

Hi ladies, how was your insemination today? Can share with me your experience?

ttc.png
this was my first experience. dropped off the sperm at 8.30am n told to come back between 10.30am and 11am. Had to have almost full bladder. But waited for a while in the cold waiting area so i really felt like peeing but had to control. When it was my turn, both nurse and doc verified my name n NRIC to be doubly sure that it's the correct semen i guess. Doc inserted the catheter and then injected. Immediately after they removed the catheter, i started having bad cramps in my lower abdomen. Laid there for 10mins before nurse discharged me. I asked the nurse if cramps are normal, she said yes, it happens to some women. Had a bit of difficulty walking after that cos of the cramps. Went home, had lunch n took the prescribed antibiotics and dusphaton. Took a nap to try to sleep off the cramps. Woke up n cramps had subsided but felt bloated and had diarrhoea 3 times! Read up on both medications that I had taken and can only guess that bloatedness and diarrhoea caused by side effects of the antibiotics. Hope to feel much better tmr.

this was my first experience. dropped off the sperm at 8.30am n told to come back between 10.30am and 11am. Had to have almost full bladder. But waited for a while in the cold waiting area so i really felt like peeing but had to control. When it was my turn, both nurse and doc verified my name n NRIC to be doubly sure that it's the correct semen i guess. Doc inserted the catheter and then injected. Immediately after they removed the catheter, i started having bad cramps in my lower abdomen. Laid there for 10mins before nurse discharged me. I asked the nurse if cramps are normal, she said yes, it happens to some women. Had a bit of difficulty walking after that cos of the cramps. Went home, had lunch n took the prescribed antibiotics and dusphaton. Took a nap to try to sleep off the cramps. Woke up n cramps had subsided but felt bloated and had diarrhoea 3 times! Read up on both medications that I had taken and can only guess that bloatedness and diarrhoea caused by side effects of the antibiotics. Hope to feel much better tmr.
Hmm i nv heard of pple needing full bladder for iui or getting cramps! Sorry that ur experience wasn't so pleasant.. maybe different protocols in different hospitals. If u succeed it's all worth it!

Hmm i nv heard of pple needing full bladder for iui or getting cramps! Sorry that ur experience wasn't so pleasant.. maybe different protocols in different hospitals. If u succeed it's all worth it!
apparently iui with near-full bladder is a norm in most hospitals. The bladder, being on top of the uterus, supposedly brings the uterus down and flattens it when full to aid the introduction of the catheter.

Cramping is supposedly a common side effect for iui for some women n I happen to be part of that "some". hahaha it's ok...i know why i'm putting my body thru all this n i feel much better this morning after a good night's rest.

@franch & @chloe_ng , thanks for sharing your experience! So today is DPIUI 1! So exciting for you babes! Stay very relaxed and calm during this 2ww wait ya! Lotsa good luck for you both! :)

Is it expensive? Erm... because it sounds like it is in the thousands? My friend who did IUI told me its about $600+ and I thought that is still affordable as compared to IVF.

ttc.png

@franch & @chloe_ng , thanks for sharing your experience! So today is DPIUI 1! So exciting for you babes! Stay very relaxed and calm during this 2ww wait ya! Lotsa good luck for you both! :)

Is it expensive? Erm... because it sounds like it is in the thousands? My friend who did IUI told me its about $600+ and I thought that is still affordable as compared to IVF.

ttc.png
Thanks girl. It's total 800 for me after incl the cost of scans and trigger. Natural iui at nuh. Can use medisave. Those who do SO IUI may be 1k plus.

Ya I will. Sigh. Quite disappointed with KKH. Every consultation with doc is 5 mins and the wait is always very long. And I'm at the private clinic. Very very lousy. :( the 2.5k procedure is to X-ray and check Fallopian tubes

Hi! X-Ray and check tubes don't cost 2.5k even at private clinic. Did you do HSG already? Think you need to ask your doc again what the day surgery is for. You need to do HSG X-ray before the doc can confirm whether you need surgery. My gynae offered day surgery hysteroscopy after my HSG as he saw a blockage. The cost of the day surgery was 2-3k for one procedure. If there's blockage once you remove it, you can conceive easily. Stay positive!

Thanks @franch & @chloe_ng for the information!!

Wah I need to go read up about natural IUI and SO-IUI. I am a patient of KKH and was recommended for SO-IUI. Now I see that it is the more expensive option, I better go research more. Next month going for counselling @ KKH. My friend did her IUI @ NUH and paid $600+, maybe she did natural IUI. I will check with her.

ttc.png

Thanks @franch & @chloe_ng for the information!!

Wah I need to go read up about natural IUI and SO-IUI. I am a patient of KKH and was recommended for SO-IUI. Now I see that it is the more expensive option, I better go research more. Next month going for counselling @ KKH. My friend did her IUI @ NUH and paid $600+, maybe she did natural IUI. I will check with her.

ttc.png
i think kkh generally does so-iui for all iui patients cos it increases the chances of conceiving. Cos i have no issues with ovulating etc but still had to go thru injections and trigger shot for ovulation. So i asked the doc why i had to go thru all that since i'm supposedly ok, her reply was basically it's to increase the chances.

Back