(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

Yes. I tested faint positive on 2 consecutive days and 3rd day i used a cb digital, it came up pregnant 2-3 weeks. So i guess don't waste money on other test kit jus get the cb digital, no need to debate whether the line is faint or not.

Ha I tested twice and both times I used those cheapo watsons/guardian house brand test kits. Coz before that while ttc I already wasted too many test kits, so I learned my lesson, go for the cheapest!

Oh dear hippo78, that must have been such a horrible experience!!! To find out from a complete stranger!!! I would have felt so betrayed. I agree, it's very important to find a gynae you can trust and who is open and honest with you. Who are you with now?

Hi Yallo, I am now with Dr Adrian Tan Chek Jin from ACJ clinic in TMC. Highly recommended by my colleagues.
He is super caring, chatty and understanding. A very fatherly figure. Always with smile whenever i see him. Feel more like a friend. A calming gynae.
And he does not encourage unnecessary tests and help you save money. Hahaha...
Sometimes when i feel emotional and tears during my checkup for my last pregnancy, he would give me alot of assurances and possibility.
He will explain the flow of the blood to the placenta, point that the placenta lining is thick, etc etc.

Some gynae only scan like 5min, show baby heartbeat , kicking and yah that's it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advise gals.

For Clearblue digital, need to use FMU?

Actually, this will be #2 if i really am. Still very surreal to me because i've been trying for over 5 years now and my #1 is already 9! I only decided to test this time round, because my menses still not here (and also because i donno when to expect my next erratic menses now) and I'm in urgent need to know whether my menses will ever come bcoz my first IUI procedure will "disrupt" my holiday plans.... And that led me to this....If i really am, is indeed a pleasant surprise!!

Can't help but feel un-confident due to the umpteenth -ve i've had in the last few years....

Hippo78, hugss to you! Must be a very bad experience for you. Glad that you have found a gynae whom you trusted now. I do have bad experience with pd also for #1 when she was detected fever when born. Really not all dr are typical.
Erlisa, try use a better brand. I use guardian when my menses was missed for 3 days. Result was not preg. It was only abt to detect aft 1 week

Actually i didn't use FMU. I believe the test is sensitive enough to capture any surge of HCG once you missed your period.
I am very impatient so i couldn't wait until my period come, so i tried it 2 days before my menses due.
And I got a blinking 'Pregnant' result !

nicokin19, thanks for the hugs ! That was my first pregnancy , it was difficult. I will never forget that experience.

Ya. Actually although I do wish for certain gender some times. But the most impt is baby is healthy and in our arm. I think nothing is more impt than that anymore.

Yes. I tested faint positive on 2 consecutive days and 3rd day i used a cb digital, it came up pregnant 2-3 weeks. So i guess don't waste money on other test kit jus get the cb digital, no need to debate whether the line is faint or not.

I agree with you Ash mum. Some pregnancy test will have a different HCG sensitivity level.
Cheap kits may have lesser sensitivity which explains that faint line.
No need to test so many times, just get the CB digital.

@nicokin19 I'm with you!! After having 2 boys, we really long to have a gal this time round.. but still.. deep down in my heart, I just wish for baby to be safe & healthy, that is most important.

I am in the june thread too. Most prob might pop one of the earliest here. Edd was 3 july. My girl was july 2011. Dun think can b same mth. I was 1 to 2 weeks earlier for #1

did u check out the chinese calendar and the gender predictor? does it predict well for u? it did for mine for #1 - boy

This time my EDD is 5-June. I was induced on week 38 last pregnancy. No idea whether #2 will obediently stay until due date, or pop earlier.

@erlisa the pregnancy test kit is detecting hcg level which multiple each 48-72 hrly.

I use the cheapest 50cents strip one.
At first test only 1 line but aft 10mins so is super faint pink almost unseen.
Consecutive days I tested also vy faint pink. Ok i was curious if the strip turn darker.
A week later use the watson/guardian one then vy clear 2 lines :)

I am in the june thread too. Most prob might pop one of the earliest here. Edd was 3 july. My girl was july 2011. Dun think can b same mth. I was 1 to 2 weeks earlier for #1
My lmp point to 3 Jul but gynae have 5 Jul, shld be late ovulation.
My #edd was mid may but turn up early May, abt 10 days earlier.

@hippo78 so jealous.. U finishing your first trimester soon. Say hello to all the food

I'm 9 weeks 3 days today i think. Next check up 3rd December.. Such a long wait. Make me paranoid everyday

Erlisa, I was thinking if I want to follow the chinese calendar. But I was thinking where got so easy strike. If based on chinese calendar I will b having another girl. My first 1 was correct though. But I have few friends was not accurate

I also have those $0.50 bought online.
But it can be extremely frustrating when the result came back with two faint and pale lines.
And i always have to use like 3-4 strips to guess whether am I pregnant or not.
Then i would always show my hubby and we both sit there with the strips and guess whether really pregnant or not. haha.... very funny. That time we were very inexperienced.

That's why I rather invest in one reputable pregnancy kit now.

I feel better not so tired after taking Obimin Multivitamin.. but my calf super sour and pain middle of the night, until i wake up and cant sleep well at night .. :(

Wat type of vitamin can we tk? Or actually is safe? Maybe I should start drinking the mummy milk, I am like still eating junk food most of time

Hippo78, that gynae is so unprofessional to make u find out about it in such a manner! Double blows, i can imagine the heartpain n agony that u had!

nicokin19, i think the chinese calendar works only if u input the maternal lunar age n lunar month of conception. The prediction is true for me.

My friend said the bb is conceived during ovalation period, higher chances of having boys.

nicokin19, i think the chinese calendar works only if u input the maternal lunar age n lunar month of conception. The prediction is true for me.

My friend said the bb is conceived during ovalation period, higher chances of having boys.
Ya... coz the boy Sperm chiong very fast one. .. If girl they will swim slowly and live longer.. haha..

Yes for me boy or girl doesn't matter but in my heart I want boy. My appoint with Dr chen next week. Thanks for all ur recommendations. I choose dr chen cos near my house. Wish can see my bb soon.

I think first child no expectation, girl or boy is good..but most ppl have some sort fo hope/expectations w #2 or#3. I hope its a mei mei this time cos my #1 is a boy but even it turn out a di di, I'll be equally happy. I've have 2 little lovers on the house.. hehe

i also eating junk food leh. This baby love Macdonald, KFC...everything fried loh food
I eat my #1 food loh...haha try to be healthy

Folic acid is enough for first trim. My gynae only start multi vitamins and fish oil from 2nd trim

Do u feel good after eating the food u crave for? My stomach bloat after eating, esp fried food n junk food. It will last for 2-3 hours n i keep burping, the smell is awful. Then i get hungry again n the cycle repeats again

I just called the fertility clinic, and they advised me to go back to my gynae... so i just booked an appt with my gynae, just in case... and she is only available in 4 weeks' time leh.. by then.. i'd be 10 weeks... aiyoh......

Should i book an appointment with another gynae instead... for the first checkup only... so that i can just be sure?

In the mean time i will test with Clearblue and see how it goes.....

I just called the fertility clinic, and they advised me to go back to my gynae... so i just booked an appt with my gynae, just in case... and she is only available in 4 weeks' time leh.. by then.. i'd be 10 weeks... aiyoh......

Should i book an appointment with another gynae instead... for the first checkup only... so that i can just be sure?

I not advice u to go early for scan. Cos mine still can't see the baby n heartbeat yet. So don't rush n take ur time. Sometime too early can't see anything n waste money. I just telling myself to be patient to take another scan.

i went once i detected pregnanccy because of my case of gestational diabetic for #1.
Than too early to detect anythign except this small dot that gynae said is implanted corectly.
The wait to see baby and heartbeat is really a bit...errr.....anxious

So it's really up to you.

wooo...curry puff ..yummy..

Do you wanna try to go for another scan at 8 weeks? By 8 weeks heartbeat and baby shld be detected.

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement, ladies.. I really do feel a lot more positive with you 'comrades-in-arms'! :)

I know this sounds really strange but is feeling colder than I usually do a sign of MS? Anyone feeling the same? I don't usually wear cardis even in the office but now I have to wear jackets to sleep and I'm shivering in the office even with cardis! I remembered having this same feeling when I was last pregnant wtih the one I lost..

i have this cold feeling too. Usually not possible coz i am fat..but nowadays keep wearing jacket in office.
Same as #1 but i also think partly is becoz year end, keep raining.

I read online if you have cold feet maybe having a boy. Think positive!

Easy to say, but I've been testing my preg test kit every alternate days to check whether I'm still preg. Haha I bought those cheapo ones from qoo10. Sometimes when I see the test line lighter than usual, I get worried.

Yes I feel colder too. I feel like want to eat spicy foods nowadays. Is it safe to eat?but my stomach very hot after that n went toilet next morning. Haiz want to eat but scare stomach not gd.

I read online if you have cold feet maybe having a boy. Think positive!

Easy to say, but I've been testing my preg test kit every alternate days to check whether I'm still preg. Haha I bought those cheapo ones from qoo10. Sometimes when I see the test line lighter than usual, I get worried.
Jean how many weeks ru now? I didn't test anymore since my hcg testing last time.

@mimi_june better avoid spicy food if ur tummy can't take it.
I'm 9 wks now. My Gynae didn't do hcg testing leh. When I was at KKH last week for brown discharge they also nv tell me why and do any tests.

Back