(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@mylilsheep *hugs* glad to know that you patched up.. :) I agree with @Doraemon_mommy, a lot of guys don't show their excitement and support in the same way haha..

@Doraemon_mommy, I signed up for Wong Boh Boi's classes starting on 20 Dec too! Not planning to hire a confinement nanny so I thought it would be good to try and find out more about how to take care of the baby when he or she is out...

@mylilsheep *hugs* glad to know that you patched up.. :) I agree with @Doraemon_mommy, a lot of guys don't show their excitement and support in the same way haha..

@Doraemon_mommy, I signed up for Wong Boh Boi's classes starting on 20 Dec too! Not planning to hire a confinement nanny so I thought it would be good to try and find out more about how to take care of the baby when he or she is out...

Hmm whats the frequency like? And schedule?

@Doraemon_mummy, thanks for comforting. Are you first time mummy?? Where you registered the antenatal class?

@littleforest, I am also planning to sign up for Wong Boh Boi's classes, but maybe the february next year one. I thought Dec is too early, later I forgot all the thing when it comes to delivery. hehehe.......

@Doraemon_mummy, are you planning to deliver at TMC? Did you sign up the FBI/SBI membership? I was told can get the discounted price if you plan to deliver at TMC then take the antenatal class there too.

@mylilsheep yes, I'm 1st time mummy too :) I just called the hotline in the link i posted just now. The customer service officer then send me the register form to fill up the detail.

I'm worried if I attend the feb one will clash with CNY next year. I think by then it should be entering the last trim and need to prepare the MS might come bk again. So i think better to do it during 2nd trim.

@littleforest
I went thru antenatal class with Wong Boh Boi last time, she's errm the least boring of the lot. But for me, I forgot mostly wat was taught when the time came. If you are not planning to get a confinement lady, do you have anyone else with experience to help out? Cos the initial month is quite challenging for new parents.

They also changed the lesson dates a few times, sometimes without informing us in advance until we get there and discover there was no class. So overall was not very happy about the experience. Hope they had sorted this out and you guys who registered would enjoy the class better.

Hello all fellow MTBs. I am new to this forum. This is my first pregnancy and I am currently 15 weeks+. EDD is 10 May. I've gotten my harmony test results 2 wks back and I am expecting a boy! Hehe. Mind if someone adds me to the FB group? Nice meeting everyone here. Thanks!!
me too. mine is 12 May. close to u

mylilsheep, my hubby and i went through the same thing as you and your hubby back then when we suddenly conceived #1. we were 24, and married for a month only! haven't even start enjoying proper couple time back then and had to bear the responsibility of looking after a baby. but we got past the roller-coaster emotions pretty quickly and go excited about our firstborn. i can tell you confidently that being parents is the most rewarding experience ever! nothing beats hearing your own child saying "mommy/daddy, i love you". :)

Went to collect all my tests today... All clear!!! Happy me!!! However the doctor cannot confirm the gender and envy how come all MTB can tell the gender!!! Opps... Hoping to get to know so I can start shopping!!!

@isenggirl you can also sign up via the website!

@mylilsheep if you plan to deliver at TMC, I heard that the FBI/SBI membership also will waive off the extra fees for letting your hubby sleep overnight with you in the room. Normally costs about $101 I think. Their recommended start date for the course is 20 weeks, but I guess it's just a guide. Don't know if I will forget everything when the actual time comes too haha...

@cynn04 whoa thanks for the feedback! My friend told me that Wong Boh Boi is very strict, but good. Didn't know about the class-changing though. :( Did they change from weekend to a weekday? My hubby's schedule is kind of tight so it's hard for us to take weekday classes. They should at least inform people who signed up for the class! :(

@newbiemum80 we have the same EDD! :D

@littleforest
I went thru antenatal class with Wong Boh Boi last time, she's errm the least boring of the lot. But for me, I forgot mostly wat was taught when the time came. If you are not planning to get a confinement lady, do you have anyone else with experience to help out? Cos the initial month is quite challenging for new parents.

I am intending on staying with my mum to help out with taking care of the baby, and then ordering confinement catering food. My mum doesn't seem too keen on the idea of a confinement lady staying over...

I just sign up on Tue for the SBI. Very efficient! You can get the card on the spot.
But there are alot of forms and leaflets to fill in.

I just sign up on Tue for the SBI. Very efficient! You can get the card on the spot.
But there are alot of forms and leaflets to fill in.

Haha I remember filling in the forms too... Are they supposed to send you other goodies from the forms? Like the Dumex Mamil one. I haven't received anything else other than the goodie bag, so I was wondering if the other forms they make us fill in are for other stuff.

@Doraemon_mummy, I think better you sign up after you finished your hospital tour at TMC tomorrow, then you can take whatever goodie bag they are going to give it to you. hahaha..... I haven't sign up yet for FBI membership, but I received the goodie bag when do the hospital tour last time.

Hey mummies, I think this has been discussed before (I saw brands mentioned like Clarins and Bio-Oil), but does anyone know of any good brands of stretch mark creams that are for sensitive skin? I tried Palmer's Therapy Oil, but I have eczema and the next day I noticed some very very small red spots on my belly, so I stopped using it. Not very sure what else I should try!

Haha I remember filling in the forms too... Are they supposed to send you other goodies from the forms? Like the Dumex Mamil one. I haven't received anything else other than the goodie bag, so I was wondering if the other forms they make us fill in are for other stuff.

Yah, the lady told me they are going to send the goodies by post. There are more to come.
I fill in SIMILAC , DUMEX, NESTLE etc .... so many forms and my hand and fingers are aching.
Those are probably the maternal milk powder, but i cannot drink cause i have gestational diabetes from my last pregnancy.
Will have to pass the milk powder to my colleagues who are pregnant now.

Just did my Oscar today and doc says low risk! The ratio was 1:2396 and for my age at 37+ is very low risk. So I'm super relieved! Baby's limbs and brain and heart all normal. Such an amazing feeling.

I asked the doctor if I should cancel my genetic scan (I booked just in case I turned out to be high risk) she said yeah there's no need for it now.

Hey mummies, I think this has been discussed before (I saw brands mentioned like Clarins and Bio-Oil), but does anyone know of any good brands of stretch mark creams that are for sensitive skin? I tried Palmer's Therapy Oil, but I have eczema and the next day I noticed some very very small red spots on my belly, so I stopped using it. Not very sure what else I should try!
@littleforest, have you tried palmer's stretch mark cream instead of oil? I just talk with my sis about my red spots on my tummy. She asked me to try the cream instead of oil. I am intending to try the cream for one week and see the result first.

@littleforest The course is informative, jus dat sometimes might get boring. My hubby was very very bored haha. I tink they hv a few classes on the same day, what happened was they last min cancelled my class which was on a saturday and we either had to wait for a later timing (which would be very crowded cos 2 classes packed together) or come back on sunday. This happened 2-3 times. Maybe i was unlucky, some other frens nvr faced this problem.

@littleforest The course is informative, jus dat sometimes might get boring. My hubby was very very bored haha. I tink they hv a few classes on the same day, what happened was they last min cancelled my class which was on a saturday and we either had to wait for a later timing (which would be very crowded cos 2 classes packed together) or come back on sunday. This happened 2-3 times. Maybe i was unlucky, some other frens nvr faced this problem.

Lol! I hope my husband can sit through the class. xD Crowded classes sound really bad. :\ How many pax per class?

@isenggirl you can also sign up via the website!

@mylilsheep if you plan to deliver at TMC, I heard that the FBI/SBI membership also will waive off the extra fees for letting your hubby sleep overnight with you in the room. Normally costs about $101 I think. Their recommended start date for the course is 20 weeks, but I guess it's just a guide. Don't know if I will forget everything when the actual time comes too haha...

@cynn04 whoa thanks for the feedback! My friend told me that Wong Boh Boi is very strict, but good. Didn't know about the class-changing though. :( Did they change from weekend to a weekday? My hubby's schedule is kind of tight so it's hard for us to take weekday classes. They should at least inform people who signed up for the class! :(

@newbiemum80 we have the same EDD! :D
i am at Mt E with Dr Kowa..how about u ? :D

Just did my Oscar today and doc says low risk! The ratio was 1:2396 and for my age at 37+ is very low risk. So I'm super relieved! Baby's limbs and brain and heart all normal. Such an amazing feeling.

I asked the doctor if I should cancel my genetic scan (I booked just in case I turned out to be high risk) she said yeah there's no need for it now.

Congrats on the good results! :D

@newbiemum80 I'm at TMC with Dr Claudine Tan. :)

By the way, anyone of you already announce your pregnancy? I am at week 13 and struggling if I should announce.

Also, I actually already bought something for our baby. Because Husband went USA to work and Bugaboo stroller was cheaper there, therefore, we went to buy it, along with a dress and a shirt (because we still don't know the gender yet).

@mylilsheep Glad everything is ok and fine. Sometimes, such things happen, husband and wife just need to have a good talk and everything will be ok.

Back