(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

mimi june, do you mean u tested +ve on 7 NOV?
if so I think its normal that you only see a sac cos you should be ard 5wk+ if based on LMP 2 Oct?
is it normal? I thought I was in 6-7 weeks and very worried. KKH o&g clinic docs not really care . Nv give me my scans too. That' why next scan I don't wan to go there alr.

Ash mum, try to move around as little as possible and just rest a lot. Let's all get thru first tri quickly together!

I would recommend Dr Kenneth Lee, his clinic is also at Mt Alvernia. But he's going away for holiday from 27 Nov to 10 Dec. He's very nice, definitely not the chop chop type.
Yallo mummy, I will Google about dr Kenneth . Now I m confused about my weeks n don't know which gynae to see too. My husband said I m too impatient but this is my 1st pregnancy and I can't help but still worry.

Hello mommies (and moms-to-bes),

I just tested positive on Monday. My #1 is coming to 3 and I lost another 10-weeks in-utero. I'm very apprehensive about this pregnancy cause of the previous experienced and am very glad that some of you here have got similar experiences and do understand what I'm going through.

I really want to be happy and excited about this pregnancy but am scared of another loss. Somewhat paranoid cos I'm already 5-weeks + but not experiencing any MS per se..

Anyway, just wanna say hi! :)
Hi Appleseed! I'm with you too. So cautious with this one due to a m/c earlier this yr. Plus I haven't had any ms yet as well and I'm nearing my 7wks. Just hoping for the best. Hope u will hv a healthy pregnancy!

thanks @hippo78..ya trying to stay positive coz got 2 bad MC exp so abit concern too..

@appleseed ya i know what u mean, but we have to try to stay positive and don't worry so much...nothing much we can do in first trimester...just try not to carry too heavy..

my gynae told me to stop carrying my #1...i'm still carrying her daily for now :S

I just went to flip my old records, apparently my #1 I also went to see my gynae when I was exactly 6wk and he only saw a sac using abdominal scan. I rejected when he offered to do vaginal scan haha coz so weird right, first meeting with this guy only! Anyway he just told me relax and come back next week, then the heartbeat was spotted. So I guess it's pretty normal if it's still early in the pregnancy not to pick up anything? Anyway that time I was first time mummy, blur blur, didn't think/know it was a big deal that the sac was still empty ha.

@jj_jj i know hcg and progesterone different but it seems that if hcg low u need more progesterone to keep baby safe? at least that seems to be my understanding from my gynae who prescribe the utrogestan to me...maybe i misinterpret...haha

Mimi_june, when was the starting date of the last period you had? I think usually base on that to calculate no. of weeks.?

I just went to flip my old records, apparently my #1 I also went to see my gynae when I was exactly 6wk and he only saw a sac using abdominal scan. I rejected when he offered to do vaginal scan haha coz so weird right, first meeting with this guy only! Anyway he just told me relax and come back next week, then the heartbeat was spotted. So I guess it's pretty normal if it's still early in the pregnancy not to pick up anything? Anyway that time I was first time mummy, blur blur, didn't think/know it was a big deal that the sac was still empty ha.
Hmm ok. I will wait another week for scan but meanwhile I need to find gyane first. Now everytime go to toilet n very anxiously see toilet paper for any blood or what. I think I only can feel ease when I see my baby heart beat or something inside sac.

is it normal? I thought I was in 6-7 weeks and very worried. KKH o&g clinic docs not really care . Nv give me my scans too. That' why next scan I don't wan to go there alr.

I went the 24 hr clinic the doctor gave me my scans Leh. One is baby another is heartbeat.

Mimi_june, when was the starting date of the last period you had? I think usually base on that to calculate no. of weeks.?
2 Oct. So now at week 7 . But last Sunday 16 nov scan , nth yet. Only black dot. But compared to 7 Nov scan, it did improved.

Don't worry. My first visit to my gynae was just the sac too. I ask the Gynae whether can see yolk she ignored me somemore. Say "u r confirm pregnant, see u in 2 weeks time" .
Having 2 MC last year, totally not assuring lor. Just brush me off.

Meanwhile, eat well and baby will grow!

if any of u looking for a caring gynae (i had two MC previously and my #1 delivered by her), i recommend Dr Kang Wee @ Mt A...very nice and patient gynae

meanwhile we all have to relax and keep telling ourselves that our baby is well! i am reminding myself everyday too...

Yes need to think positive. Thank you. So all recommend from mount A. I will make my mind tonight n book gynae for next week. I don't like chop chop n don't care, never explain docs.

@jean1986 she is not the cheapest...her consultation for recurring (coz i am with her for some time so i can't rmb the first time charge) is $70, ultrasound $60, routine test $10 and supplements/medication depends on need. her package starts from 20 weeks @ $800 but excludes special tests/supplements

Mimi June, if u tested positive on only 7nov, could it be you are only abt 4/5 wks now? Coz ovulation could have happened later than you thought. Usually won't see anything much on scan till between 6-8 wks. Try to stay calm and positive.

Those looking for gynae and don't mind tmc.. can consider my doc Adelina wong. Super patient super caring and never fails to put me and hub at ease.

Btw... anyone has remedies for ms? I'm miserable today esp in the late afternoon onwards. Wanted to vomit when I fed #1 dinner

Mimi June, if u tested positive on only 7nov, could it be you are only abt 4/5 wks now? Coz ovulation could have happened later than you thought. Usually won't see anything much on scan till between 6-8 wks. Try to stay calm and positive.
Hi thank you. Anyone experience light bleeding? Just now I have slight blood on tissue. Hmm I think I too stressed.

Yea i think if bleeding persist its better to get a check. I had a little bit of spotting after my tranvirginal scan too but now its gone. But cramping is rather persistent, think i really need to bed rest

Had such horrible ms last night, almost felt like making myself puke. I reduced last night's utrogestan dosage from 2 to 1 pill coz I felt horrible. Gynae told me I can do it this wk onwards if I prefer. In the end, I just curled up on the bed and tried to fall asleep. It's horrible, a combination of wanting to vomit, acidic reflux and so much gas. This morning still passing out so much gas, it's gross. can't bring myself to eat anything today. Just sipping on some hot honey.

Oh my, saraiii. Hope u are better today.
For bleeding issues, besides seeing gynae, another tcm way is to cook glutinous rice with lotus root. Cook the glutinous rice like porridge. Eat twice or three times a day. During my no 1, I bleed most of the time in first tri and its fresh blood. I was on duphaston till max dosage but din help. I visit gynae every week, sometimes twice a week until end of first tri due to the bleeding. Each time scan shows bb is ok. My case is due to low placenta and each time I move a bit more, fresh blood will show. My tcm suggests me the glutinous rice method and of cos more bed rest also. It indeed help a lot

Saraii, naybe you can suggest to reduce oral utrogestan and use the insert kind. Maybe it will reduce your MS. This time my MS is more severe than my #1 too. And my gynae say seems like a girl then. I'm not sure if MS means girl, we shall see..
I'm on MC today to bed rest for my cramps. Mum just sent #1 to school, peace for awhile till he's back. And weekends I'll be stuck w him whole day..

ash mum,i dun think more ms means gal. My colix has 2 gals. the first one no ms at all, the second one she had very bad ms. I think it's just each pregnancy is different.

Seem like quite alot got ms. Really very sian. Hopefully 2nd trim come and we all b ok. But really need to stock up clothes. I can hardly wear my clothes now

My #1 was a breeze, no MS at all and feel normal thru out. This one I'm more nausea, more acid reflux and giddy spell.. I'm still thankful i can stomach food and not those that eat and immediately vomit. Indeed every pregnancy is diff, i can already feel the difference. My stomach is more obvious and its jus too early. I cannot explain it other than fats

Just got off the train. Almost fainted on it, nausea and no air flow at all. So suay kenna the cabin with no seats, so stand all the way. Gonna treat myself to kfc breakfast now!

ash mum, same. i also feel the different this time. the only good thing this time is *touch wood* no bleeding so far , think due to the max support. for my no 1, though no ms at all or any giddy spell, but i'm very prone to bleeding. until I'm very scared to go toilet, just in case i saw blood again.

Good morning TGIF!
Yes very different feeling with #1.
It was good appetite and sleepy. Just a bit bloated at evening so i eat lesser in evening.
But with this one, morning was ok, feels slight dizzy(like not enough zzz kind) then feel nausea almost whole day, think of food makes me feel yucks. Still able to swallow bf & lunch. But evening time is so horrible. I eat lesser than my #1 meal and entire tummy so bloated & gassy, totally no appetite.

My bleeding like a bit pink. Now this morning woke up, didn't see it. Last night slept very early cos I can't stay awake worrying haha. Every morning I have lot of gas in stomach n after I eat breakfast then want to vomit out all gases alr. Very irritating feeling.

gd morning all! TGIF!
is it normal i don't seem to have any side effect from utrogestan? i am taking 2 tabs twice a day...the only thing i encountered is no appetite...maybe i am paranoid coz gynae say baby small...

for MS, u can try sucking lemon..i did that for #1 and it is helpful.

@yallo bring along pkts of mints with you, i had a lot of fainting spells with #1 too and i just pop mints when i feel dizzy on the train. i buy those portable fans ($2) from daiso too to keep yourself ventilated...take care and try to get a seat ok?

@mimi_june try not to move too much and rest...for my #1 i had spotting for 1+ weeks...had to put panty liner daily and i was on duphaston. as long as no sharp pain and not fresh blood should be ok *hugs*

Last edited:
So many of us having ms.. hope it will subside soon. Mine happens daily around 3+ onwards... before that I'm still quite alive. Just received my sea band. Gonna use it today. . Hope it works

if any of u looking for a caring gynae (i had two MC previously and my #1 delivered by her), i recommend Dr Kang Wee @ Mt A...very nice and patient gynae

meanwhile we all have to relax and keep telling ourselves that our baby is well! i am reminding myself everyday too...

When I encounter an mid-term miscarriage in 2012, i dont find her caring at all. All she talk about is money. The cost of this , the cost of that.
Her waiting time is very long and she talks too fast. The consultation only last for like 10mins after waiting for an hr. Her nurses are very rude and money-minded too.
Even my MIL and hubby also find her too chop-chop.
I saw a lot of unhappy reviews about her in another forum.
For my 2nd pregnancy onwards, i did not go back to her again.
Too much disappointment. I rather not mention anymore.

I just tested +ve yesterday. At first it looked like evaporation line, and i took a look at the results at the 11th minute (test window is between 5-10 mins)
This morning, i took another test and this time i looked at the results at the 9th minute (test window is between 5-10 mins).

The test result is faint positive, but slightly darker than yesterday? Should be positive right?

@hippo78 oh sorry to hear your bad exp...for me i changed 3 gynaes before and she was the most supportive and encouraging of the 3..so i guess i'm happy with her

The worst part is she ALREADY KNEW something is not right with my baby at week 18, and yet she did not tell me ANYTHING during the regular checkup.
Instead she wrote something on the piece of paper i was supposed to pass to KKH when i was going for detail scan 2weeks later.
My baby was announced no heartbeat by the sonographer when i was supposed to find out the baby gender that very day.
The doc in KKH who later assess me mentioned actually my gynae already knew baby have problem, thats why she scribble something on the paper for KKH doc to see.
To think the bad news have to be broken to me by a stranger doc, not my gynae whom i trusted.

Last edited:
My MS usually starts in the mid day ard lunch then nauseas all the way. If my stomach is hungry the acid reflux is worst so i guess eating many small meals is the way to go. After dinner i like to drink some cold yuzu juice, make me feel less nausea somehow.
I think for now there's really nothing much we can do, jus need to rest and think positively. And lets go shun shun pass our 1st trim and we'll all feel better..hopefully we can do a meet up soon when all of us are feeling better to feast! Jia you mummies and mum-to-bes..

I just tested +ve yesterday. At first it looked like evaporation line, and i took a look at the results at the 11th minute (test window is between 5-10 mins)
This morning, i took another test and this time i looked at the results at the 9th minute (test window is between 5-10 mins).

The test result is faint positive, but slightly darker than yesterday? Should be positive right?
Hi should be. Mine last time also faint line only. Then I checked with other tester( plus sign one) it showed plus. U should wait a few more days n test with different pregnancy test. Should be OK.

My MS usually starts in the mid day ard lunch then nauseas all the way. If my stomach is hungry the acid reflux is worst so i guess eating many small meals is the way to go. After dinner i like to drink some cold yuzu juice, make me feel less nausea somehow.
I think for now there's really nothing much we can do, jus need to rest and think positively. And lets go shun shun pass our 1st trim and we'll all feel better..hopefully we can do a meet up soon when all of us are feeling better to feast! Jia you mummies and mum-to-bes..
Yes me too. After lunch feel not so right and evening time starts to feel vomiting. I wish cam pass 1st trim n hope feel better on 2nd trim.

You should buy CLEARBLUE digital pregnancy kit at watsons or guardian.
Test is 99% accurate once your menses is due.

Oh dear hippo78, that must have been such a horrible experience!!! To find out from a complete stranger!!! I would have felt so betrayed. I agree, it's very important to find a gynae you can trust and who is open and honest with you. Who are you with now?

Back