IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, here any one took pregnyl hcg 1000 units as support during tww? If u took can u pls tell me how many days it will take to leave our body?

Trigger shot done by doctors sure would be painful. I did it on my own. Little pain cause when I injected very slowly.
So here's the thing- I couldn't contain my excitement so I tested 3 times on 8dp5dt. Got a faint positive. But I'm spotting pink right now. I'm praying it's implantation bleed and that it won't turn red. I doubt I would get any sleep tonight.
Chuckles i was spotting too on 13dp6dt, and i did hpt. Since it was positive, i called nurse and she asked me to come down soon. I asked nurse and dr and they said it couldnt be implantation spotting since embryo implanted already the implantation process is done. But then again since i put back two embryo so i thought it might be implantation spotting for second embryo. But then again my hpt is a clear +. So yours can be implantation spotting since it is a faint one. No matter how faint it is, it is still a positive. Jia you

haha,cos we can jus click and look at each sister's past msges ma.
wa, so envy you, first child ivf , 3 years later another successful ivf attempt

Haha...no la...envy those who strike naturally...
IVF is such a trying process, filled with lots of uncertainties...even bfp also worried cannot see heartbeat on ultrasound 2 weeks later, then worried for down's syndrome test, then the detailed test, jus worry till u bring home a baby...it's jus not an easy process la

For all those in 2ww...hope u all bpf!!!

It sure is not easy. The constant fear that things would not work out is always at the back of my head. Oh well... got to do everything within our powers. Everything else is up to god. Going to see doc now. Attached is the hpt this morning. Not going to celebrate as of yet. I need to see my beta double up nicely first.

Attachments

• 1416444708819.jpg
    1416444708819.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 210
Feeling sad. Today went sa freezing. Hubby feeling stressed thinking abt work n no mood to produce. Finally produce but got spillage in front. See bottle quite little. Dunno got anythg to freeze ma. Cant proceed further should there r no spermies or not enough after lab investigations. Waiting for their call. Hope all goes well to be able to proceed further. Now we both went back to work. Mix feelings. Feeling sad n dunno who to confide..no relatives n friends to speak to as we kept mum abt this ivf thgy to them..
Its hard..i feel sad but i cant show it to hubby..cos i think he feels lousy also.

Feeling sad. Today went sa freezing. Hubby feeling stressed thinking abt work n no mood to produce. Finally produce but got spillage in front. See bottle quite little. Dunno got anythg to freeze ma. Cant proceed further should there r no spermies or not enough after lab investigations. Waiting for their call. Hope all goes well to be able to proceed further. Now we both went back to work. Mix feelings. Feeling sad n dunno who to confide..no relatives n friends to speak to as we kept mum abt this ivf thgy to them..
Its hard..i feel sad but i cant show it to hubby..cos i think he feels lousy also.
hugs. mayb you 2 can go and do something fun to ease some stress. you both have done you best already

The few drops can be millions of sperms. In ICSI u only need a few good ones so should have enough. Don't worry.

The few drops can be millions of sperms. In ICSI u only need a few good ones so should have enough. Don't worry.
@ jumbo gal. We dun have millions to luxury. E last test in mar only 30.( Less than 100). I can only hope for e best in that still have some good 1s in e bottle n in him.
Another challenge is to meet kkh minimum storage crateria to proceed to icsi.

I hope e 4 mths of tsb herbs that he took can work maricles for him. Cross fingers..

@ mich. Thks. Will do tt if we say goodbye to ART

Last edited:
@chuckles how was your visit to dr?
My beta today is 167. I have to go back on my scheduled appointment on monday to check if it is increasing. Got my progesterone jab on my butt today too. So painful! Doc told me to also stop my aspirin and heparin. He thinks they are not helping with the bleeding.
I'm going to lay in bed and watch tv all day today. Making the best out of the situation. :)

going for medicated frozen cycle soon, maybe early next year.
to the ladies who have been thru it, mind sharing the protocol and your experience?

Hi all. I am new to here. First ivf failed as embryo is not good to transfer and is low grade. Nay advice. Going for second round but my Dr appointment is 3 Dec. So dunno when can start.

They called yesterday and say is growing well
Thats veri sad..did they inform u wat grade is that?did u request dr lau to transfer though grade not good..try luck.
So they didnt freeze any embries in e end..
Hugs...
Think need to rest 2 or 3 cycles if u are starting e next fresh to heal the body of e injections n er ,meanwhile take this opportunity to recharge yr body. Jia you!

Last edited:
Hi dear, yes, we cycled abt the same time in 2011. Your girl was from your FET? My girl turns 3 coming april. Been trying for #2 since she turned 13mos but i am still here :)

Hahaha...I vaguely remembered seeing your nick at the 2012 mums...So nice to see u here again...I wonder how the rest of the mummies from 2012 are doing...kimmy,bbliss and tzac...the few I remember...wah...time flies ah...our girls are going to be 3 soon!

Thats veri sad..did they inform u wat grade is that?did u request dr lau to transfer though grade not good..try luck.
So they didnt freeze any embries in e end..
Hugs...
Think need to rest 2 or 3 cycles if u are starting e next fresh to heal the body of e injections n er ,meanwhile take this opportunity to recharge yr body. Jia you!

What u all do or eat to recharge

Hi all. I am new to here. First ivf failed as embryo is not good to transfer and is low grade. Nay advice. Going for second round but my Dr appointment is 3 Dec. So dunno when can start.
Hi Elizabeth, I was in same situation as you plus all eggs retrieved were immature and had to be matured in the lab but all still lousy quality or abnormal. Now waiting to do my 2nd fresh. I have been going to TCM from first fresh until now. First fresh was under Dr Sadhana and after the cycle failed, she prescribed me with DHEA as i only retrieved 5 eggs. You need to rest for 3 cycles before 2nd fresh. In the meantime do rest well, eat well and exercise.

They called yesterday and say is growing well
I think for kk embryologist they only update if there are problem with the embryo. So I guess no news mean gd news if you are in kk.

For my first fresh, the embryologist kept me updated everyday from the day of ER. I still remember the look on the nurse when she told me that the embryologist will like to talk to me. Still can remember that feeling that it's over for me for first fresh. The thought of it gives me the heavy feeling again..

I think for kk embryologist they only update if there are problem with the embryo. So I guess no news mean gd news if you are in kk.

For my first fresh, the embryologist kept me updated everyday from the day of ER. I still remember the look on the nurse when she told me that the embryologist will like to talk to me. Still can remember that feeling that it's over for me for first fresh. The thought of it gives me the heavy feeling again..
for my cycle in Sep, nobody in KK call me to update me on anything, we went to Kk on the ET day as planned, the nurses still happily wish us good luck. after 1 hour + later, Dr then come and said the ET is cancelled. time wasting and depressing

for my cycle in Sep, nobody in KK call me to update me on anything, we went to Kk on the ET day as planned, the nurses still happily wish us good luck. after 1 hour + later, Dr then come and said the ET is cancelled. time wasting and depressing
Hmmm.. Maybe mine were all immature eggs which is probably rare. That's y embryologist keep me updated. But I still went down twice preparing for ET as embryologist say don't give up yet. Give my embryo the last 1 hr to try to grow beautifully. The reason the embryologist said was they do the final monitoring of the embryo early morning like 7 plus to 8 that's why they can't call us any earlier to inform whether to come or not to come.

For those did sperm freezing at kkh before,normally will they call on e same day to inform if say there are no sperms to be freezed? If they no call on same day, means got somethg to freeze is it?

For those did sperm freezing at kkh before,normally will they call on e same day to inform if say there are no sperms to be freezed? If they no call on same day, means got somethg to freeze is it?

I did not get any calls. I think we paid for the freezing and when we got the refund cheque, we knew it was not successful. And that is usually a week later.

Thanks whmc for e reply. Yes i did heard they will refund if cannot freeze.

@ chunkles, no guts to call today,feel like crying mood. Maybi call tomolo or sat to know e truth

Connie_hopeful I think when we freezed our sperms they called next day and told sample is enough and no need to produce again. They called my husband.

Vann,

Boo.. I don't see my nick being mentioned in ur list of 2012 ivf mummies list.. Hahahah.. I vaguely rem urs.. My girl (fr FET) is turning 3 in apr next year..

Is ur current BFP FET fr those frozen embbies in 2011?

I hope I can have same luck as u, as I m collecting my last 2 embbies fr that batch soon.,

Million congrats on ur success & a smooth 9months ahead..

Hi Elizabeth, I was in same situation as you plus all eggs retrieved were immature and had to be matured in the lab but all still lousy quality or abnormal. Now waiting to do my 2nd fresh. I have been going to TCM from first fresh until now. First fresh was under Dr Sadhana and after the cycle failed, she prescribed me with DHEA as i only retrieved 5 eggs. You need to rest for 3 cycles before 2nd fresh. In the meantime do rest well, eat well and exercise.

What is dhea?

So u all when going for the second cycle

Thanks. I hope we can make it. How r u anamika? Hope saizen works for u

I am fine connie. Saizen worked for me not as of quantity but I think quality improved. My growth was better then previous cycle. Last cycle I took 24 days of stimulation. This cycle by day 14 I got trigger shot.

Retrived 6 eggs (was on very low dosage only 125 ul of puregon and latet increased to 133.3 ul only) went on day 2 for transfer. Out of 6, 5 mature and 4 fertilized. 3 were grade 4 and 1 garde 3. Dr. Sadhana encouraged to go for blastocyst. Trusted her and followed. 2 embryos reached blast stage. Transferred both of them on nov 11th. Now in tww. Bt on 25th November. Hoping for miracle:)

I am fine connie. Saizen worked for me not as of quantity but I think quality improved. My growth was better then previous cycle. Last cycle I took 24 days of stimulation. This cycle by day 14 I got trigger shot.

Retrived 6 eggs (was on very low dosage only 125 ul of puregon and latet increased to 133.3 ul only) went on day 2 for transfer. Out of 6, 5 mature and 4 fertilized. 3 were grade 4 and 1 garde 3. Dr. Sadhana encoraged to go for blastocyst. Trusted her and followed. 2 embryos reached blast stage. Transferred both of them on nov 11th. Only in tww. Bt on 25th November. Hoping for miracle:)
Good luck anamika! I always have e thought tt blasto yields higher chance. May yr babies stick tight to u :)
Did u open e Frozen sperms to use?

What is dhea?

So u all when going for the second cycle
DHEA is a supplement that supposedly helps to improve quantity of eggs. But there is no scientific proof if this really helps. Some doc prescribe some may not. I had my first cycle in April and was supposed to do 2nd cycle in July. But I did a hysteroscopy to remove a scar in the womb probably cause by previous op. So I am now waiting to do 2nd fresh in dec. i will be doing long protocol hopefully to yield more eggs under more control.

When r u seeing doc again?

[QUOTE="connie_hopeful, post: 7616034, member: 162Good luck anamika! I always have e thought tt blasto yields higher chance. May yr babies stick tight to u :)
Did u open e Frozen sperms to use?[/QUOTE]

thank u connie. Fresh sample was enough dear.
my husband took migrateq10 and suppliments acemax(from kkh) for 2 months before starting cycle. If u wish u can try for ur husband. dont worry connie I wish things must happen to u soonnnnn

Connie forgot to mention. When my husband was producing sample for this cycle exactly at the peak time some one knocked the door it seems. May be they are next patient and wNt to check weather any one inside. My husband was disturbed and was not able to produce sample properly. However he passed the sample to embryologist. After 1/2 an hour they called him and asked to produce again. He was ok with that. I think they r satisfied with that sample.

Vann,

Boo.. I don't see my nick being mentioned in ur list of 2012 ivf mummies list.. Hahahah.. I vaguely rem urs.. My girl (fr FET) is turning 3 in apr next year..

Is ur current BFP FET fr those frozen embbies in 2011?

I hope I can have same luck as u, as I m collecting my last 2 embbies fr that batch soon.,

Million congrats on ur success & a smooth 9months ahead..

Hahaha...can't remember all la...nice to see my batch mates though...the 2012 IVF mums helped me pull through my first pregnancy.

Ya it is from my frozen embbies from 2011...

But fallen ill...flu and fever today...hope my embbies are growing well...

U know how paranoid you get over every little thing with IVF pregnancy...

I wish you all the best for your upcoming FET...

DHEA is a supplement that supposedly helps to improve quantity of eggs. But there is no scientific proof if this really helps. Some doc prescribe some may not. I had my first cycle in April and was supposed to do 2nd cycle in July. But I did a hysteroscopy to remove a scar in the womb probably cause by previous op. So I am now waiting to do 2nd fresh in dec. i will be doing long protocol hopefully to yield more eggs under more control.

When r u seeing doc again?

I am seeing doctor on 3rd Dec 2.40pm at clinic D. Hopefully doctor will have miracles. .. The doctor said the embryo is low grade so cannot transfer and I was thinking why low grade. Doctor nv explain as he say my doctor will explain. Till now I am super paranoid

Last edited:

hopeful13, have consulted both my gynae from private n SGH, both against me taking DHEA as its more for IVF patients (which has male hormones content)
currently on metformin 1000mg

Back