Any comments on Just Kids Learning Place (Yishun) / Eager Beaver (Yishun)

joselyn84

Hi, would like to find out more feedbacks on both cc. As I'm considering to place my 15month boy to their toddler class when he is 18months.

Hi,

You can go for a tour at these 2 places to find out more. Mine is in EB and I like the staff and environment.. Most impt, my gal is happy there

I send my girl to EB when she was 20 months, like the environment and the teachers there, my girl even know the kitchen helpers' name =)

Hi,
I am selling the uniform for very low price. My boy wore it for 2 weeks only. Pls pm me if you are keen.

It's normal for children to get into little accidents at that age. They run around and fall and hurt themselves. That could have been the case.

These kind cases happened so many times within just few months .Teacher even didn't inform us when my son full of blood in his mouth, we knew my son was hurt until other parent called us
I stop sent my son to JK@YS one week ago, as this teacher stressed my son with her language weapon , she told other kids do not play with my son and kept him one side .

So far they even didn't say one "sorry" to us, never apologize because of their fault, but sent me letter to terminate their service on 28th Oct, and ask us to collect deposit back .From the letter it looks like they threatened me ,and ask me to move out my message from Singaporemotherhood webside.

All mothers , any suggestions ?

Hi amymingyan
So its your husband who shouted profanities and looked threatening towards the principal and teachers on that day..I was surprised and shocked at how u behave..No wonder police need to come to settle the matter with how threatening you looked..I am one of d parents who witnessed how ridiculous you behave..yes its the matter of our child but we have to be rationale about it..I have placed my 3 children since they were 18months old and 1 already in Primary 2..I am glad with how the teachers handled,taught and take care of them throughout these years.Children do fall down and hurt themselves and even will fight with one another so we as adults need to advise our children how to behave properly.Do you think you can handle as many as 15 children in a room as your son's teacher? If you think your child has been abused throughout the year why didnt you make a police report and withdraw your child earlier? Because you want to make trouble for the teacher or you yourself have something against the teacher? So I am sure why the management of Just kids send you a termination letter is because of your ridiculous behaviour...not once I am sure but many times.I respect how the management handle this matter towards such disrespectful parents like you who shouted vulgarities in front of my and other children in the centre.One side story will always have another side..the truth.

Hmmm... No matter what has happened between your child and the school, I'm sure it could have been settled amicably. But if you or your husband have approached the staff and school threateningly, then that would have been unnecessary. Surely, you would not have liked it if some other parent barged into the school and behaved the way you or your husband did. You would surely have been concerned for your son's safety as well?

I have to agree with LilyTan in this case. We must appreciate and respect what staff and carers do for our children. We entrust our children into their care, and while we want the best for our children, we must learn to understand the challenges the carers face each day with so many children under their charge. They bear a huge responsibility, and I'm sure they are not there to single out any one child to abuse or attack them.

I hope you and the staff at Just Kids will come to a satisfactory resolution.

Tq nnchander..yes my respect to all the early childhood teachers coz we wouldnt know how muh they are struggling while trying to teach,nurture and care for our kids.If they do not have the love and passion for children i doubt most of them can stay for so long in the line.We think we are protecting our kids by treating the teachers the way we think is right but dont be surprised when our own children will do the same way to us when they grow up.Because they see how their parents treat others and they copy it. As parents,we can always give good or bad reviews on the centres but how would we feel if our names are being put up in the internet so as to alert other centres of our bad behaviour towards staff and teachers? I hope @amymingyan will find a good school with good teachers who will ensure that your child will not fall or hurt himself at all and forever..which I wonder how can that be.Once you find such school pls do update this thread

apolog and undertaking 1)on or around 27th auguest 2014 and 29th and 30th october 2014, I,XXX,published several posts on the singapore motherhood forum (http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/), in the thread entitled any comments on just kids learning place yishun/ eager beaver yishun ‘’,under the username 'amymingyan". 2) i recognise that these posts mean and are understood to mean that the just kids learning place @ yishun is not running a childcare centre professionally or in keeping with reasonable standards. 3) i admit and acknowledge that this allegation is false and completely without foundation. 4) i unreservedly apologise to the just kids group the distress and embarrassment caused by this allegation. 5) i have removed the offending posts and undertake not to make any further allegations to the same or similar effect.

Back