Confinement caterer

Hi Ellysia, for the trial I had black bean soup (best of all dishes), fried fish maw with mixed vege (fish maw is not fresh and the whole combi taste wierd), vineger pigs trotter (too sweet and no meat). For $28 I find the quality and taste not acceptable. I guess they are better in their nonya dishes.

I tried natal essential one time trial it's super disappointing after reading good reviews of it earlier. First they didn't follow the menu, the soup is v bitter w some tree bark in it, i couldn't bring myself to drink more than 1 spoon, then the pig liver was not properly cooked, some parts of it was raw. V bad experience.

Really worried what I should I can order for confinement when I give birth

Hi all, i just had newbaby one time trial. lunch menu is lemongrass fish soup, green vegie with anchovies, and chicken with mushroom & water chestnut. The soup is very peppery, so it depends on individual liking. green vegie and chicken taste ok but i feel it taste like what we buy from hawker centre mixed rice stall, not really confinement food.

I feel really heaty after eating the confinement food though, which is good right cos that's what confinement food is supposed to do to our body.

Wanted to order from natal essential as my fren highly recommends it. but after hearing amanda's review, im having second thoughts...

Hi Nov etoile,

I have selected Rich Food catering, will be doing my confinement in Jan 12. Will let you know if its nice or not. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if its good, shall recommend to you.

Cheers!

lovemum2be,

Did you provide any feedback to NatE?

Yes, please feedback about RichFood (it used to be called iHost & now it's Confinement-Meals.com).

I'm considering these 2 companies too.

hi mummies, sorry if this is slightly off-topic. for those who have/plan to have catering, do you already have someone else helping out around the house during confinement? is it possible to do without a helper during the day since food is already taken care of?

Hi Mummies,

Thumbs up for Richfood Caterer, infact I am taking their tingkat confinement. Was skeptical coz not many reviews but after taking a few days I would say my choice is correct!

Food when delivered are still hot, food look appetising and taste is to my standard. My husband even praise me for finishing my dishes! ^^

Definitely much better than the current on going SMH BP home cook confinement food. I tried their trial lunch and dinner and was totally DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Food is cold when delivered, delivery is late versus committed timing. After I complain they quickly change the timing in their BP, so unenthical.

Food taste cannot make it except their signature dish. Sigh~good luck to those who order from them.

RICHFOOD RECOMMENDED!

I am not affiliated to them, just purely sharing my experience

Am contemplating between Natalessentials and confinement_meals (by Rich food). Any more feedback on richfood caterer?

Hi jomum can you share on the portion of the food? Is it enough for two or just barely one? Do you need to wash the carriers before returning? Thks very much

hi happyjul!

tried the trial and also started the order with richfood. food-wise sufficient for one pax and is quite yummy! menu has more variety than Natal E( used to order from them but certain dishes taste awful and weird) and they are very flexible as i didnt manage to send out my order in time but yet they manage to start my order the next day[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] great response to feedback and service! highly recommended!

hi mummies,

im considering to tk up Rich food confinement catering in Nov. anymore good comments on their service ? kindly share [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks !

Hello - Has anyone tried Happy Mums and Babies confinement food? http://happymumsandbabies.wordpress.com/

I'm researching confinement food caterers and so far, only one (Chilli Padi) delivers to my area. Given the feedback here, they don't sound that great... so I was wondering if anyone has tried and tested Happy Mums and Babies...

Hi..All Mummy friends..for me..i am prefer these:http://confinement-meals.com/

it will not repeat most dishes...i have comparemenu with these 2 confinement service provider~Natal Exentials & Confinement-meal ones...these 2 catering have using same ingredient in their menu..but matching together have some is different....The Confinement-meal catering is lower S$140 with Natal Essentials after early bird discount...that confinment-meal have fees red date tea...i rather take kidney than liver...i like the kailan,Spinach,Asparagus.they are high grad veg...have use many ginger on dishes..i no take celery..can change other veg...so all of them get to loggin these website...to veiw the menu..

I have tried confinement meals from richfood catering and it is very good so i highly recommended it.

http://confinement-meals.com/confinement-meal-packages/confinement-meal-menu/

The food is fresh are definitely appetising and good. It is very tasty yet not oily or salty. Portion is reasonable and as I am quite a small eater so they are actually enough for me to share with my hubby. Food arrives warm & just nice for me to have my meal.

My sis in law order from them last year also after recieved recommendation and also likes it. Most important of all, it is not really too expensive and quite reasonable priced.

newbies here, just had my first bb gal.. Rich Food catering was recommended by my bff cousin, was hesitated initially as I had bad experience with buffet food catering. Turn out they did change my opinions about food catering, at least they are one of the good one I can say.. delivery was on time (of coz with some plus minus). Food better than what I expected (at least its warm and not cold food). Let my MIL tried, (surprisingly!) she can accept the food too... haha

enough said, overall i would give it a 3-half star out of 5

Back