any 35 and above trying for their first?

Pvte dr do SO iui can claim medisave? Can ask how much u paid in total with dr Ng? If I fail my iui at nuh I'll go pvte!
Can claim medisave, juz no govt subsidy. I can't remember how much I pay. But I am sure the procedure including stim medication less than $5000. Unless you need to fork out incidental cost like dr asking u to do additional blood test which is not included in the procedure, coz it varies couple to couple.
(Btw, I didn't use medisave coz afraid fail so I save medisave for IVF procedure since its more exp than IUI)

Can claim medisave, juz no govt subsidy. I can't remember how much I pay. But I am sure the procedure including stim medication less than $5000. Unless you need to fork out incidental cost like dr asking u to do additional blood test which is not included in the procedure, coz it varies couple to couple.
(Btw, I didn't use medisave coz afraid fail so I save medisave for IVF procedure since its more exp than IUI)
I see... i didn't use medisave for my natural iui because it's only 700 plus.. but SO iui I may use medisave if it's 3-4k it's quite a lot of cash to pay too

I see... i didn't use medisave for my natural iui because it's only 700 plus.. but SO iui I may use medisave if it's 3-4k it's quite a lot of cash to pay too

Its up to individual. Of coz you can use Medisave for IUI. Clinic actually asks if you are using medisave. :) Not to worry ya

Hi, I'm new here. :)

A bit of background abt myself - My husband is turning 36 and I turn 35 in Dec. We got married at the beginning of the year and because of our ages, we decided to start trying immediately. But it has not been successful. I have hypothyroid but under control. I thot maybe it may be affecting my ability to conceive. My doc said shouldn't be cos it has been under control for some time and my menses cycle is very regular.

Anw, my doc still referred me to KKH for further tests. Surprisingly, did not wait long for appt. My husband's SA results were quite good except for the morphology but doc said it's a common problem and we should not be overly concerned cos he still has a good number of good sperms and it only takes one good sperm to conceive. I went through blood tests and HSG scan and all results also came back very good, apparently also very good egg reserves.

KKH is now recommending IUI to us as the next step cos the infertility is unexplained. Also, as time passes, egg reserves will be lower so she said it's better that we consider IUI now. We have an appt for the briefing at the KKIVF centre this coming week and then it's gonna be IUI for this coming cycle. I read up on the procedure and the risks and frankly very nervous about it. But at the same time, my biological clock is ticking away. 2 of my close friends are now pregnant and it's quite sad that I'm having so much difficulty conceiving. :( Meanwhile, menses is due next week. Am still hoping for a miracle that maybe this cycle we were successful and don't need to go thru IUI.
Hi franch,i think yr stats sound good n not to worry too much. Maybi e time havent come yet. Stay healthy,eat healthy n exercise having a healthy lifestyle may help. Jiayou :) able to conceive natural will be e best.
Can i check wat is e risks for iui?so far i heard iui is pretty safe.

I did 2 so-iui & 1 fresh ivf in 2012, 1 Fet in 2013 with kkh. All fail.
Decided to give a last shot n chg to pte gynae for IVF. However, was aadvise to do so-iui instead. I visited the gynae on 5 July. Without any prep, start my stim on 23 Jul. N am now preg at 14 weeks. (@ 37 yo)
My experience is, the more prepared we are, it juz wun come. Somehow baby comes at our least expected. So to all, pls dun give up. Eat healthily, not juz you but hubby to cooperate too. Sufficient water intake is also key to successful procedure.
Thanks for the encouragement lynx_sea! Wishing you a safe delivery!

Background:
- Did all test prior to my past procedures at KKH
- After all failed procedures, KKH Dr advised me to try endo scratching to improve my chance of conceiving for next procedure. However I did not go ahead. (Thinking back since I BFP, I feel Dr juz trial & error on us)
- After my last FET failure, decided to have a change of hand & visit a Pte Gynae (Prof Ng Soon Chye - a pioneer in fertility treatment. You can read more of him when you google his name)
5 Jul:
- 1st Appt, I bring along all my hb & my past test result for his records
- We were asked to go for detail blood test. Hubby to do SA on his Sperm DNA; myself to check on my ovarian reserves.
- We were asked to buy supplements from the clinic (@ $115/bottle-HB to improve his sperm quality; Myself to improve eggs I supp)
23 Jul:
- 2nd Appt scheduled for review of blood test result (oso happened to be my 2nd day menses)
- All test result is normal & my ovarian reserves high for my age
- Dr prefers that I do IUI as its not necessary to do IVF.
(Was hesitant as I fail IUI twice but he thinks I shd go for the 3rd round. Also I've plan for holiday in Sep. What happen if I BFP? But since I failed so many times, I tot I won't be so lucky)
- My Stim started there & then since its my 2nd day menses & Dr said might as well start stim & not wait longer. (Was on Gonal F jab)
30 Jul:
- To clinic to do 1st ultrasound scan to chk on follicles size (total of 7 follicles which I am shocked coz I understand in KKH only max 2-3 follicles as they didn't wanna over-stimulate in case of multiple birth)
1 Aug:
- To clinic to do 2nd ultrasound scan to chk on follicles size
- Took Pregnyl (HCG) jab to trigger ovulation as I cldn't ovulate on my own
2 Aug:
- Reach Clinic at 10am to provide hb sperm for washing & preparation
- Back for procedure at 12pm. Insert sperm into uterus for natural fertilization
16 Aug:
- 2WW finally over. Did Blood test to chk if I conceive
18 Aug:
- Received clinic call to tell me its a "Positive"
- Gotta reach clinic on same day to collect necessary supplements, preg support & jab

Conclusion:
- After several failures in IUI/IVF/FET, I take this IUI quite light heartedly. (NO STRESS!)
- I learn that things happen at your least expected. B'cos I used to prep & get all my things done b4 each treatment.
- I believe more follicles growth at Pte also help me to secure higher chance of conceiving.
- Prior this IUI, my hb has changed his habit & started to drink 3-4 cups water every morning.
(read tat sperm need enuff fluid in body so that they dun clump 2gether & can swim freely. Btw, my hb sperm problem is due to irregular shapes)
- Myself, I usually take antioxidant food eg. tomatoes
(read that our eggs are made up of cells. We need to keep our cells young & healthy so feed them with free radical food)
Hi lynx_sea, can share your FSH and LH numbers pls? Thank you! Wonder if I can just purchase the supplements from the clinic?

Oceandeep, I wasn't given those number. Only know my amh level at 21. And,was on gonal f for stim.
For purchasing of supplement, not sure can get over the counter but I guess you feel more at ease if consult the Dr n get the prescription.

Oceandeep, I wasn't given those number. Only know my amh level at 21. And,was on gonal f for stim.
For purchasing of supplement, not sure can get over the counter but I guess you feel more at ease if consult the Dr n get the prescription.
Actually supplement can just buy anywhere... for ladies, i find conceive well very good. For men, gnc Megamen is good. If not, go to iherb and buy vitc, vit e, selenium, zinc, b complex, coq10. All these are standard fertility nutrition. Buying from dr my experience is so much more expensive and not necessary better.

Good luck to your IUI, franch. What are the complications are you referring to for IUI? So far so many ladies did IUI and there’s no complications le. Hee don’t read too much into the internet.

Both your stats sound good. So IUI will be quite suitable.. Morever you just had your HSG done which has helped cleared the pipes! So traffic will be smoothie there.

Now coming to Nov and I see that it has been since 2 years since no bfp (my 2 bfps were in 2012 ended in MC). How times flies in this roller coaster ride.

Hi redvel, thanks...i wish you good luck too! I think the internet can give us too much info sometimes and it can scare us! I read that some possible side effects are miscarriage, tubal prey, pelvic infection, uterine cramping, bleeding, mild discomfort, and perforation of the uterus... :(

Hi franch,i think yr stats sound good n not to worry too much. Maybi e time havent come yet. Stay healthy,eat healthy n exercise having a healthy lifestyle may help. Jiayou :) able to conceive natural will be e best.
Can i check wat is e risks for iui?so far i heard iui is pretty safe.

TThanks, connie_hopeful, I actually am a very careful eater and try to eat as much healthy food as possible. I also think there must be a reason that we haven't been able to conceive yet..maybe just not the right timing. I read online that some possible risks are miscarriage, tubal prey, pelvic infection, uterine cramping, bleeding, mild discomfort, and perforation of the uterus...hope i can go through it with positive results *fingers crossed*

Hi franch, dun dwell too much on the past. Dun bother to find out the real reason cos have many frens whom spent tonnes of money doing investigation but never know the real reason. yeah so we might not even be havin the correct answer. Jus move on. I m tryin now too haha :) hopefully I strike n I intend to stop working for a while.

I do think having a blessing of a child is still about THE time. All of us work so hard in this ttc journey but ultimately it's god's will, whichever your religion is.

So let's continue to give trust and stay happy.

Actually supplement can just buy anywhere... for ladies, i find conceive well very good. For men, gnc Megamen is good. If not, go to iherb and buy vitc, vit e, selenium, zinc, b complex, coq10. All these are standard fertility nutrition. Buying from dr my experience is so much more expensive and not necessary better.
Hi ladies, I have a almost complete box of conceive well to give away. Collection at sengkang mrt. Pls pm me if anyone is interested.

Hi Redvel good to see you here. Yes continue on the faith n see how...jus that I need to lighten my work stress :)

TThanks, connie_hopeful, I actually am a very careful eater and try to eat as much healthy food as possible. I also think there must be a reason that we haven't been able to conceive yet..maybe just not the right timing. I read online that some possible risks are miscarriage, tubal prey, pelvic infection, uterine cramping, bleeding, mild discomfort, and perforation of the uterus...hope i can go through it with positive results *fingers crossed*
Hi,i think e risk of iui should be minimal. Hope you strike naturally. All e best! :)

Just ask all questions that you may have in your mind, franch. Write down the questions. When I see my doc, I always have a questionaire for her. hahah.

Hee I'm feeling fine except kinda blue for a working Tue.

Not thinking about ttc but just saying hi and hope everyone is doing fine too.

hihi all
My workload recently had been too tremendous for me to handle. I know this month is a goner again. I feel very numb sometimes. I also become very negative recently because can't cope with the work stress.
Anyway, I will be seeing new TCM today and the last gynae appointment was to collect my AFC scan and husband's SA results. Oh yeah, gynae told me to lose weight first.
Hope everyone else is doing fine. Any latest happening? Jia you ladies!

Sigh! Nothing happened to me except getting more chubby lo LOLx.. Saw doc today on my 1st SO-IUI failure and after much discussion... Din really have a good talk with my hubby, decided to head straight to IVF...Just back from JB for eating and retail therapy LOLx ... Nagging me hor...

Hee I'm feeling fine except kinda blue for a working Tue.

Not thinking about ttc but just saying hi and hope everyone is doing fine too.
Redvel, don feel blue... Just relax lah and stayed happy in this long festive season till CNY!!! Yew hoo!

hihi all
My workload recently had been too tremendous for me to handle. I know this month is a goner again. I feel very numb sometimes. I also become very negative recently because can't cope with the work stress.
Anyway, I will be seeing new TCM today and the last gynae appointment was to collect my AFC scan and husband's SA results. Oh yeah, gynae told me to lose weight first.
Ocean... I know is hard but gotta stayed cool and relax... Don be stressed over work and TTC .. Not good.. Focus on whatever you can control and for the rest, leave to the one above .... *cheers*

Chubby I guess your ivf will be next year? Goody luck.

I'm looking forward to my trip then Xmas gatherings then welcoming 2015. Cny is not my kind of thing and I hope I will be flying then too hhahah.

hihi all

Hey Ocean, my cycle buddy! Your work stress sounds bad. I used to suffer from tremendous pressure from work too. Trying to meet targets, report deadlines, forecast, and daily fire fighting and much more. Then something very bad happened at work and it really woke me up. I worked so hard but still end up being manipulated like a pawn. To say it bluntly, if I fall seriously ill, or end up childless, or worst, pass on, nothing will change in the office. I get replaced and life goes on.

So Ocean, I say, you should look after yourself first. Do what you can, but don't over stretch yourself. If you are working 3 days OT per week, cut down to 1 day per week. If you can push away stuff, push away (don't be shy). Try to leave work on time 3 times a week, meet husband for dinner or catch a movie (Tuesday is cheapest @ GV) or do stuff that you both like and enjoy. Put some balance back into your life and get some positive energy into you. It is not just for TTC-ing, it is for the betterment of your overall well being.

Of course if you can, please change job. :)

Jia you babe! Take care and hope your work issues will be resolved soon.

ttc.png

Do u girls track bbt? I noticed my temp only rises 4 or even 5 days after opk shows positive. That's very late.
And do u all feel extremely cold two days before AF? Those chills that give u goose bump.

Chubby I guess your ivf will be next year? Goody luck.

I'm looking forward to my trip then Xmas gatherings then welcoming 2015. Cny is not my kind of thing and I hope I will be flying then too hhahah.

I don't like cny too but still have to face it. Arggh.

Do u girls track bbt? I noticed my temp only rises 4 or even 5 days after opk shows positive. That's very late.
And do u all feel extremely cold two days before AF? Those chills that give u goose bump.
Is possible cuz u can two days of positive opk and a longer surge. There is usually a delay to the temp rise after o... the progesterone needs to build up

I track my bbt. Everyone is different if u look at other ppl's bbt charts on FF. For me, my ovulation is pretty much ard cd14 to 16 every month. My temp tends to dip a day before a sharp rise (ovulation) n it stays elevated all the way till a day before AF arrives n I do feel cold a day before AF. I wouldn't say extremely cold though but again, everyone is different.

I used to read somewhere that if your temp takes more than 2 days to get the hike, it could be that the body has issue raising the norm progesterone good for holding a pregnancy. But I'm not sure how valid so it's best to check with your doc.

I use to track bbt diligently but quit because I find my sleep was too disturbed with bbting. My temp will always rise within 2 days after a positive opk.

I used to read somewhere that if your temp takes more than 2 days to get the hike, it could be that the body has issue raising the norm progesterone good for holding a pregnancy. But I'm not sure how valid so it's best to check with your doc.

I use to track bbt diligently but quit because I find my sleep was too disturbed with bbting. My temp will always rise within 2 days after a positive opk.

Thanks. My dr don't believe in bbt.

My sinseh also doesn't. Haha. He is the one who encouraged me to stop. He says what's the point when every month my charts look the same (my cycle is regular). So I stopped and I sleep sweeter :)

My sinseh also doesn't. Haha. He is the one who encouraged me to stop. He says what's the point when every month my charts look the same (my cycle is regular). So I stopped and I sleep sweeter :)
I agree. I hate it so i stopped.

I find charting BBT quite useful maybe because I am new to it (only charted 3 cycles so far). It is more reliable than opk though it cannot be used as a prediction to ovulation.
I think the more irritating part for me is the dotted cross hair on FF because it looks uncertain. Haha...

I thought my cycle is regular too because the first 2 charts indicated ovulation at day 14 and 16 respectively. But current cycle I ovulated really late, at day 18. Is it normal to differ by so many days? Is this why my cycle can range between 28 to 33 days? So luteal phase is usually consistent?

Anyone can share your knowledge with me? :)

ttc.png

Yes bbt is useful for a start because it gives insights to your cycle (like if you do ovulate at all or if your luteal phase is normal etc). For my case my bbt is alight so by continuing means I'm just going through bo liao motion. Same same monthly :p

The cycle days can be longer or shorter depending on many things. I do get that at times. Sometimes o on cd14 and sometimes cd19. I find that's normal (stress,hormonal changed that month etc). Yes you are right that luteal phase doesn't change much every month. Mine is 13 days. I used to have only 10-11 days which are too short. No good. I took vit b6 and exercise and do things that inprove my Qi and now it's extended.

Yes I remember you mentioned about your Qi improved which helped extended your LP.
How many days of LP is considered good?

Women really has so many issues. Ovulate too early no good, LP too short no good, must chart BBT to check for ovulation then no ovulation no good, etc etc. 麻烦! Lol...
While the men just point & shoot, and care for the health of their army. Lol... :p

ttc.png

I don't think there's like an ideal LP but I reckon 14days (that derives 2ww?)?

Hmmm I love being a woman despite that. I will never wanna be a man in next life. Lol.

Hey Ocean, my cycle buddy! Your work stress sounds bad. I used to suffer from tremendous pressure from work too. Trying to meet targets, report deadlines, forecast, and daily fire fighting and much more. Then something very bad happened at work and it really woke me up. I worked so hard but still end up being manipulated like a pawn. To say it bluntly, if I fall seriously ill, or end up childless, or worst, pass on, nothing will change in the office. I get replaced and life goes on.

So Ocean, I say, you should look after yourself first. Do what you can, but don't over stretch yourself. If you are working 3 days OT per week, cut down to 1 day per week. If you can push away stuff, push away (don't be shy). Try to leave work on time 3 times a week, meet husband for dinner or catch a movie (Tuesday is cheapest @ GV) or do stuff that you both like and enjoy. Put some balance back into your life and get some positive energy into you. It is not just for TTC-ing, it is for the betterment of your overall well being.

Of course if you can, please change job. :)

Jia you babe! Take care and hope your work issues will be resolved soon.

ttc.png
Thanks bepositive! I totally agree with you. I feel the same way. At the end of the day, my hard work never gets recognised or rewarded. That is not the worst. The worst is when our health suffers and you bet no one in office will care that much except my closest colleague. What should I do? My IVF is planned in Feb..oh well if really I need to quit while on IVF, I guess it's all meant to be. I shall not dwell so much.
How are you feeling during this 2ww?? I don't experience many symptoms but have some aches which it is due to poor sleep posture.

Wow so happie to see all the farmiliar nicks here

Yeah Oceandeep, I was like you few years back. Yeah cos too committed n also geared towards work, suffered miscarriages as a results. Company do not pity u yet penalized you n give you zero bonus. Really wake me up. Cos put in so much n yet is like that.

Totally agree with the rest of ladies - trying for kid got time limit but not for fighting in career. We k catch up with career at a much later stage.

Try BBT but find troublesome - mi plain lazy lah in short haha :)

my boss is very supportive of my iui and generally allows me to manage my own time during this period but one of my colleagues from another dept whom I work quite closely with, on the other hand, doesn't seem so. I've had to go for ultrasound and review nearly every day for the past week and I specifically told her that I would not be in the office much this week cos of a medical procedure and may not reply emails on time. While i'm in the hospital waiting area feeling anxious, she sends me whatsapp messages with issues to resolve instead since she knows she won't expect a fast email reply. I end up feeling so stressed cos of her msgs and the urgency of work when actually i should remain calm during this period. I love my job and I really love my boss but in times like this, i feel like just quitting cos it's doing more harm to my baby-making plans than good. But i can't quit cos of that little thing called HDB flat instalments. :oops:

my boss is very supportive of my iui and generally allows me to manage my own time during this period but one of my colleagues from another dept whom I work quite closely with, on the other hand, doesn't seem so. I've had to go for ultrasound and review nearly every day for the past week and I specifically told her that I would not be in the office much this week cos of a medical procedure and may not reply emails on time. While i'm in the hospital waiting area feeling anxious, she sends me whatsapp messages with issues to resolve instead since she knows she won't expect a fast email reply. I end up feeling so stressed cos of her msgs and the urgency of work when actually i should remain calm during this period. I love my job and I really love my boss but in times like this, i feel like just quitting cos it's doing more harm to my baby-making plans than good. But i can't quit cos of that little thing called HDB flat instalments. :oops:
Different opinions on this. I ever think to quit also but I think busyness of my job helps to take my mind off ttc. Sonetimes when u have time to dwell and overthink things it make it worse and the 2ww drags even longer.

My boss and boss’ boss are supportive of my IVF journey but at the same time, I also feel paiseh I was away during those procedures. Anyway, that’s the past and I told my boss I ain’t continuing IVF and am focusing fully on work.

I guess it depends on your stress level at work. Some ladies really quit to make babies (natural or assisted). But I think if I quit I will go crazy as I don’t want to think about TTC and nothing else. I feel best is to manage our work stress if possible. But if work really is killing, I guess it might be worth to rethink about priorities.

I don't think there's like an ideal LP but I reckon 14days (that derives 2ww?)?

Hmmm I love being a woman despite that. I will never wanna be a man in next life. Lol.

Really? Why not? Being a man is easier, I think. Go into 40s still consider prime time while a woman is considered "old goose". *roll eyes* And due to all the hormone changes & child birth, a woman will age faster than a man! And women goes through menopause! At the work place, women work just as hard as men, gets stressed and maybe manage some discrimination on top of all the biological changes mentioned above. Arrggghhh!

If it is guaranteed that I am going to meet my HB again in next life, then yes, I want to be a woman again! Haha... Just saying... :D

ttc.png

Thanks bepositive! I totally agree with you. I feel the same way. At the end of the day, my hard work never gets recognised or rewarded. That is not the worst. The worst is when our health suffers and you bet no one in office will care that much except my closest colleague. What should I do? My IVF is planned in Feb..oh well if really I need to quit while on IVF, I guess it's all meant to be. I shall not dwell so much.
How are you feeling during this 2ww?? I don't experience many symptoms but have some aches which it is due to poor sleep posture.

I am feeling normal so far. But this cycle my chances are very low so already mentally geared up for next cycle. Hee...

Sorry babe, I can't say "just quit your job" to you because it will be totally irresponsible of me. You should think it through and discuss with your HB on the next step. There are many options out there and you both need to find the one that is best suited. Once you have made the decision, whatever it is, don't look back anymore and no regrets! :)

ttc.png

Back