(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@Doraemon_mummy, ya.... i think better book first and have a visit now rather than later. Btw, I also try to booked maternity tour at Mt. A, the earliest booking available now is on Dec onwards, if tour on saturday, must wait until January next year. Seems quite fully booked there.

mylilsheep, yah lor! looking forward to that! :D will you ladies be doing any newborn photoshoots this time?
@starrymommy, not thinking any newborn photoshoots yet..... but thinking whether i should take maternity shoots. When I look at myself now, I am not enough confidence. Fats all over my expanding tummy.... lols

Did any mummies here plan to take maternity shoots?

Went for another scan last evening, and was so happy to see bb moving. Lessens abit of my stress :)

My oscar test is $400+, gog to do at scotts plaza(?) in orchard. Apparently there's a medical centre there. Yikes my gynae really quite exp after i carefully scrutinize my bill. Even the routine urine test before seeing the doctor oso charg me. I tink will switch to old gynae during delivery.

Maternity shoots
Planning to do one, but with my daughter so its like a family shoot. But hv to see how later la, if I look like a hippo then will prob skip it. I dun really like those pure matrnity shoots with husband n wife looking at each other etc hahaha… at least family shoot can capture my gal.

cynn04, I also find family shoots more heart warming! :) done maternity shoot with hubby during my #1 time. felt like we were doing wedding photoshoot. haha! quire tiring actually.. I was 32 weeks along and had all those aches and pains everywhere.

Went for another scan last evening, and was so happy to see bb moving. Lessens abit of my stress :)

My oscar test is $400+, gog to do at scotts plaza(?) in orchard. Apparently there's a medical centre there. Yikes my gynae really quite exp after i carefully scrutinize my bill. Even the routine urine test before seeing the doctor oso charg me. I tink will switch to old gynae during delivery..

@cynn04, which gynae that you are seeing now?
My gynae also charge me for routine urine test, ultrasound and consultation. But after signed the antenatal package all of these will be included

mummies, when u all need to sign up for the antenatal package? my gynae is at week 20 only. so meaning, from now until then i am paying 170 for consultation + ultrascan . blood test, vitamins n other test not included

I think her gynae price is competitive. Yours is on high side. $2500 does it includes all scan, consultation and meds?
sorry. mine is

normal deliver - 2300
vacumm forceps - 2600
caesarean - 3000
package include
antenatal chk up
ultrasound scan
urine glucose strip test
delivery & 1 post natal checkup

it does not include
hospital stay
hospital attendance
medication
blood test
cardiotocography when indicated
peditrician fee
anesthetic fees example : epidural and G.A
pap smear

oh, so it includes delivery.. not too bad. but how come normal delivery is $2300, package incl. delivery is $2500 only, so good deal? or am I reading it wrongly? :p

oh, so it includes delivery.. not too bad. but how come normal delivery is $2300, package incl. delivery is $2500 only, so good deal? or am I reading it wrongly? :p
i typo haha..is 2300 not 2500. the package incl. delivery and the items i stated above. those not included also stated in the post

max can use around 8 times?? weeks 20, 24, 28, 32, 36, 37, 38, 39 then pop liao.

assuming per visit $150 on average = $1200 on consult and scan. the rest will go into normal delivery, which is pretty reasonable.

@cynn04, which gynae that you are seeing now?
My gynae also charge me for routine urine test, ultrasound and consultation. But after signed the antenatal package all of these will be included

Im seeing Dr Regina at GynaeMD at Clementi central. Nvr did any reasearch on her, just dat clinic is conveniently near my place. She's quite ok, attentive. But fees wise a tad exp le. Incl vitamins/fish oil i spend almost $200 per visit. I cant remember her atenatal package, was not paying attention when e clinic assistant showed me :p

@ doraemon_mummy & mylilsheep, how's Dr Wee so far?
Have u been with him b4 this pregnancy?
Wonder how is his stitching skill for natural birth?
My gynae for #1 stitching skill not vy good, I had hard & long recovery time so kinda phobia lol

@50_BBN , I am first time mummy so I dun really know how he handle labour n delivery. But previously he did laparoscopy surgery for my cyst removal. He is quite gentle and I only left with little scar on my tummy. How do you find him so far? Have you signed antenatal package with him? When is ur EDD?

Last edited:
@50_BBN I'm also a 1st time mummy. So far I read some of the online review about Dr.Wee are all good, including he is very experienced helping mummies delivering with less pain. Some of them also said his stitching skill is good too.

I just visited dr tham ytd

Scan + consultation + blood test
And he gave me 3 vitamins including fish oil, calcium tablet and iron tablet
And two anti nausea medication
Total was $307

His package was $650 excluding GST for 11 visits

I think I'm going for dr Benjamin tham instead of dr Lawrence ang. He's more professional than dr ang and more detailed :)

Hi mummies.. Did my oscar test and results came back pretty good.. One milestone passed.. I'm also with dr tham now, quite a nice doc and his rates are pretty decent too!

I just visited dr tham ytd

Scan + consultation + blood test
And he gave me 3 vitamins including fish oil, calcium tablet and iron tablet
And two anti nausea medication
Total was $307

His package was $650 excluding GST for 11 visits

I think I'm going for dr Benjamin tham instead of dr Lawrence ang. He's more professional than dr ang and more detailed :)
Dr Tham package is quite good. I just inquired dr Kenneth Edward lee at Mount A, his is $900 starts from week 8.

Hi mummies.. Did my oscar test and results came back pretty good.. One milestone passed.. I'm also with dr tham now, quite a nice doc and his rates are pretty decent too!

I'm with dr tham now too :)
I rejected the oscar because from scan he said low chance of Down syndrome so I just saved the excess money

Me! Hehe! I've given away all my previous pregnancy/maternity stuffs so got to start buying all over again. Didn't know we'd get lucky and end up with #3!

So far already gotten maternity wear, nursing bras, nursing pillow, breast pump etc. Newborn stuffs will wait till we've found out the gender. :)

Can't wait to start to shop, have been looking out for baby stuff but dunno what is actually needed. Anyone have a list to share? I'm hoping for a baby girl..

Well, at this point I think most important is yourself first! You have sufficient maternity wear? Tummy will start ballooning 2nd trimester onwards. Need basics like comfy shirt, jeans, shorts and dresses if you are into dresses. Can go to Spring Maternity to check out their basic wear. There is promo now, 3 pcs of top and bottom for $69.90.

As for newborn stuffs, better wait till you've found out the gender then buy. You will need stuff like sleepsuits, swaddles, shirts and pants, rompers, small hankies/burp cloths etc. basic stuffs.

Yay shopping! I haven actually bought any maternity wear but started browsing online at asos.com le. Tummy really expanded quite fast this time, some shorts already too tight n uncomfy.

Yah newborn stuff actually wait till third tri oso can. Strollers, breastpumps etc comes w warranty, so buying later is actually better.

I only bought the Philips bottles n sterilizer. Mummies. I weigh my self yesterday n it seems my weight only increase by 200g despite m eating A lot. Is this normal? M kinda worry now coz I worry the bb din grow much

I have not buy anything except some maternity clothes and took some from my sis. Have any mummies here start wearing maternity clothes? I still wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes although start to feel a bit tight now.

newbiemum80, think better ask gynae. 200g is a bit on the low side, but if gynae says okay, then don't worry!

mylilsheep, I've been wearing maternity clothes ever since 5-6 weeks preggy. my tummy is expanding quite fast, end up my normal work dresses are tight around the middle. it was a mad scramble to get maternity clothes. went shopping at Spring Maternity and Mothers en Vogue, one shot buy many many.

cynn04, yes by right should get pumps later. but I couldn't resist when I saw the Spectra pumps' attractive prices! was using Medela Freestyle for previous 2 kids and loved it. have sold it off though and I don't want to spend a bomb on pumps this time. just so coincidentally when I was reading up online about breast pumps, Spectra kept coming up, mentioned by many fellow mummies that they are way better and cheaper than Medela PISA and Freestyle. so I was sold! haha!!

I only bought the Philips bottles n sterilizer. Mummies. I weigh my self yesterday n it seems my weight only increase by 200g despite m eating A lot. Is this normal? M kinda worry now coz I worry the bb din grow much

Agree with starrymommy, as long as during chkups gynae says everything is ok then everything is ok :) For my #1, I didnt gain much weight all the way till end of second tri then ballooned in last tri! But hor bb come out only 2.6kg. Another friend max weight end of pregnancy only 46kg, her bb came out 3kg+ haha.... so everyone different bah...

I was using Medela Freestyle too but feel power quite weak. Never heard of Spectra, will go check it out!

I went to taka ytd and there was plenty of promotion
One of it was $279 for a breast bump and sterilizer and some milk bottles etc
And one package was $400+ and even a free stroller haha
Promo ends 16 nov so mummy can hurry and buy

Back