confinement lady 'Chen Tai'

contentee

When I found out that I was pregnant, the first thing I did was to source for a CL. I read a good review on Chen Tai and decided to give her a call. I have decided to share my experiences with her (in point form)

Bathing For Baby
- insisted on bathing the baby in the toilet at the kitchen and refused to close the windows. what i did was to close the windows myself everyday. when my mum reminded her again she got upset and said to me "next time when u bath baby yourself then u do it in your room".
- temperature of water was too cold for baby (imo), she just used the water from the heater.
- my baby enjoys bathing, her credit!
- everytime after bathing, my baby will scream when putting on clothes in the room. Chen Tai applied a lot (12 drops) of ruyi oil on my baby's tummy every time. I told her not to do it and she insisted that the screaming had nothing to do with the oil and my baby was just being naughty.

Hygiene
- she only showered once a day till I realised that and told her to shower as many times as she could. I felt "eeesh" when she carried my baby after she cooked in the kitchen every time. the room that I allocated to her stinks and my poor baby was sleeping with her every night.
- she used only one towel and only washed her towel after two weeks, she 'dried' her towel in the room.
- my baby stinks after she carried her every time.

Cooking/Kitchen
- no breakfast or supper for me, just milo.
- did not like to cook pig kidney or pig stomach. when my mum bought them and asked her to prepare for me, she was very unhappy and complained to me when my mum left.
- she ransacked my whole kitchen and arranged everything according to her style which imo is very messy. (pots and pans in the cupboards were placed on the floor permanently)
- she bought stuff that I already have because she found mine unsuitable for her. (stool, baskets, knife, pepper, sugar)
- she also bought flour to make 'suan pan zi' and 'mee hoon kuey', ingredients to make spag blah blah. I am fine if she wanted to be creative but not to the extend that she left my baby crying all the time while she was busy being creative in the kitchen. whenever I pacified my baby while she is busy in the kitchen, she got very upset and told me she could handle the baby and the cooking.
- she cooked for hubby, her credit! (but creating another dish for hubby imo is not necessary)
- she left pots unwashed in the kitchen at night and go to bed, hubby will wash them every night.
- plates and utensils that she washed were still oily and full of food stains.
- she wanted me to buy a machine so that she can make soya bean for me, I refused to but she kept forcing my hubby to buy till I became firm and told her off.

Others
- during feeding, she kept pushing the bottle to make my baby drink without giving her time to rest and when I told her not to do that, she insisted that she is not pushing and was my baby sucking very hard.
- she wanted to watch the 9pm show every night before sleeping at 10pm. I was fine with that but when my baby cried she would just carry her and sit in front of the tv, eyes fixed to the tv...regardless if my baby was hungry or needed to change diaper.
- after a week of watching the 9pm show, she told us that she loves watching news and the 7pm show. she would make me take my dinner at 5pm so that she had enough time to wash up and watch tv by 630pm. I told her repeatedly that I wanted my dinner at 630pm but still...
- when my inlaws came to visit, she said aloud 'here so many people baby how to sleep'

Many will ask, why I did not tell her my preferences about the way she does things. I did all the time but her reply would be "I did so many confinements, all of the mummies are pleased with my way of doing stuff". I let her have her ways most of the time as I did not want to offend her. I did not even dare to raise my voice at her. I needed her to help me with my baby while I rested and I was afraid she might vent on my baby. After two weeks I started doing housework. She was very upset about me cleaning up after her but I explained that I like things cleaned my way. I could not stand it anymore.

I bought a ticket for her to go back home a few days earlier to end my misery. After that she still sms me very often to complain about the mummy she was serving at that time and wanted me to write a good review for her online. I blocked her number from my hp and she called my hubby asking why I could not be contacted...

Last edited:

When I found out that I was pregnant, the first thing I did was to source for a CL. I read a good review on Chen Tai and decided to give her a call. I have decided to share my experiences with her (in point form)

Bathing For Baby
- insisted on bathing the baby in the toilet at the kitchen and refused to close the windows. what i did was to close the windows myself everyday. when my mum reminded her again she got upset and said to me "next time when u bath baby yourself then u do it in your room".
- temperature of water was too cold for baby (imo), she just used the water from the heater.
- my baby enjoys bathing, her credit!
- everytime after bathing, my baby will scream when putting on clothes in the room. Chen Tai applied a lot (12 drops) of ruyi oil on my baby's tummy every time. I told her not to do it and she insisted that the screaming had nothing to do with the oil and my baby was just being naughty.

Hygiene
- she only showered once a day till I realised that and told her to shower as many times as she could. I felt "eeesh" when she carried my baby after she cooked in the kitchen every time. the room that I allocated to her stinks and my poor baby was sleeping with her every night.
- she used only one towel and only washed her towel after two weeks, she 'dried' her towel in the room.
- my baby stinks after she carried her every time.

Cooking/Kitchen
- no breakfast or supper for me, just milo.
- did not like to cook pig kidney or pig stomach. when my mum bought them and asked her to prepare for me, she was very unhappy and complained to me when my mum left.
- she ransacked my whole kitchen and arranged everything according to her style which imo is very messy. (pots and pans in the cupboards were placed on the floor permanently)
- she bought stuff that I already have because she found mine unsuitable for her. (stool, baskets, knife, pepper, sugar)
- she also bought flour to make 'suan pan zi' and 'mee hoon kuey', ingredients to make spag blah blah. I am fine if she wanted to be creative but not to the extend that she left my baby crying all the time while she was busy being creative in the kitchen. whenever I pacified my baby while she is busy in the kitchen, she got very upset and told me she could handle the baby and the cooking.
- she cooked for hubby, her credit! (but creating another dish for hubby imo is not necessary)
- she left pots unwashed in the kitchen at night and go to bed, hubby will wash them every night.
- plates and utensils that she washed were still oily and full of food stains.
- she wanted me to buy a machine so that she can make soya bean for me, I refused to but she kept forcing my hubby to buy till I became firm and told her off.

Others
- during feeding, she kept pushing the bottle to make my baby drink without giving her time to rest and when I told her not to do that, she insisted that she is not pushing and was my baby sucking very hard.
- she wanted to watch the 9pm show every night before sleeping at 10pm. I was fine with that but when my baby cried she would just carry her and sit in front of the tv, eyes fixed to the tv...regardless if my baby was hungry or needed to change diaper.
- after a week of watching the 9pm show, she told us that she loves watching news and the 7pm show. she would make me take my dinner at 5pm so that she had enough time to wash up and watch tv by 630pm. I told her repeatedly that I wanted my dinner at 630pm but still...
- when my inlaws came to visit, she said aloud 'here so many people baby how to sleep'

Many will ask, why I did not tell her my preferences about the way she does things. I did all the time but her reply would be "I did so many confinements, all of the mummies are pleased with my way of doing stuff". I let her have her ways most of the time as I did not want to offend her. I did not even dare to raise my voice at her. I needed her to help me with my baby while I rested and I was afraid she might vent on my baby. After two weeks I started doing housework. She was very upset about me cleaning up after her but I explained that I like things cleaned my way. I could not stand it anymore.

I bought a ticket for her to go back home a few days earlier to end my misery. After that she still sms me very often to complain about the mummy she was serving at that time and wanted me to write a good review for her online. I blocked her number from my hp and she called my hubby asking why I could not be contacted...

U must have met a horrible horrible CL.
Up for more awareness!!!!!!

Hi,
I have also contacted this CL-Chen Tai.
I wasn't pleased with her attitude as she kept telling me to read a 2011 post in forum about her, she kept saying 'I am good one or else people will not recommend'.
Both me & my husband don't really watch tv, so I also did ask her if she watch tv, she told me no she doesn't and even she watch, it is with the approval of the employer.

I almost confirm her to be my confinement lady as I couldn't find a confinement lady, all I have contacted are 'booked'.
Thanks to your post or else....

And yes, she also kept calling me and sms me to ask why I changed my mind.

Hi,
my experience with Chen Tai was a pleasant one indeed.
Just to share my little humble opinion here about her.
God knows as a new mum, we love our precious baby whole heartedly, we never ever want them to experience any uneasiness or what we think may cause them suffer. I hv to admit as a new mum, i m
sensitive but i am always a easy going person. For me, she bathed my bb well or maybe my bb skin's is thicker bcz he likes ru yi you so much. My bb sometimes has gassy stomach so her ruyi you did help.
Again, is personal preference, everybody has the right to like or dislike someone. Hahahah, maybe i am also bathing once a day so i don't find her dirty or stink. I do cooking at home before i delivered n my mummy also, she just smelled like us. Ohya, she bathes more than me which is twice a day. Dr told me that my bb wont be contaminated with germs if i hug him. i love hugging my boy so much. Bb, hope u wont find mummy smelly. ;P Oh not to forget, i bf my bb. haha.
Although she is just cl, we talked alot, we communicate and i will tell her what i dislike like n she followed. For me, no
one understands what you think and what you feel if you dun tell, i am straight forward type, i dislike to be hypocrite. Chen Tai has a kind heart towards bb so i know she wont harm my bb even i commented and highlighted on what i dislike.
Hubby and I love to eat what she cooked, you know what, where on earth we will cook mihun kueh or suan pan zi at home. Yummyyy, miss that. I asked her to watch TV which i really want her to do so, i feel empathy that such a small and confined places will suffocate a person. I have no choice cz i am doing confinement. I pay her but she is still a human erm even dog needs entertainment. During my confinement, my bb is healthy and well growing. What more can a mom wish. tqvm aunty tan.
I am lack of experience, my mum has her own way too, so does Chen Tai. We are different people so just communicate and coordinate, ta-da things just work out for me.
i am blessed that Chen Tai still contact with me because she treated me as fren and daughter. However, not everyone like it, if you don't mentioned she doesn't know how much you dislike to be a friend. Silly her, like to nag about what is good for her client but dont know what other think about her. Sorry all above, i will personally inform
her so that she wont bother any of you ya.
Once again, just my humble sharing, cheers.

Last edited:
Hi,
my experience with Chen Tai was also a pleasant one.
As i wanted to breastfeed my newborn, she helped and guided me to make breastfeeding possible. Now i am still breastfeeding my almost 1 year old. Many confinement ladies are not Pro breastfeeding as it was troublesome. As a first time mum, i was uptight too.As she took cared of baby at night, i always go over at night to check on my baby and did tell her not to close the door. She was ok. She helped me when i was so.. stressed with the milk flow and daily pressures from MIL and Aunty to give formula instead. When baby had to stay in hospital due to jaundice, she and my dear hubby gave me mental support. She cooked nice meals for me and my hubby, also my in_laws when they visits very often. When you do the cooking and houseworks, you will be sweaty too. Sometimes just have to close one eye. My baby love baths too and i can see that she loved babies by the way she played with him. She did requested for some items like stool, slow cooker( borrow from in laws) but these were to make things easier for her to bath baby and prepare tonic soups for me. We allow her to rest or watch TV at night like the 9pm show as we will be with baby (bonding time). Although she took cared of baby at night but she still wake up early at 6am daily therefore i will always ask her to rest if she need to. We got along well and things were smooth. Will be very stressful in she was not there to help me. Communication is very important as you need her to understand what you like and don't like. If you were nice to her, she will be nice too. Cheers!

hahaha...i din realised that the posts are from new members but i am quite confident no one will hv good reviews for her these few mths. this Chen Tai did mention to me abt a mummy who is vey close to her and her bb is quite grown up liao...probably she is this person who is trying to speak up for her LOL!

oh so 'qiao' both above posts also ended with 'cheers'

Last edited:
Hi,
I have also contacted this CL-Chen Tai.
I wasn't pleased with her attitude as she kept telling me to read a 2011 post in forum about her, she kept saying 'I am good one or else people will not recommend'.
Both me & my husband don't really watch tv, so I also did ask her if she watch tv, she told me no she doesn't and even she watch, it is with the approval of the employer.

I almost confirm her to be my confinement lady as I couldn't find a confinement lady, all I have contacted are 'booked'.
Thanks to your post or else....

And yes, she also kept calling me and sms me to ask why I changed my mind.

happy for u...really! nightmare!

Hi,
my experience with Chen Tai was a pleasant one indeed.
Just to share my little humble opinion here about her.
God knows as a new mum, we love our precious baby whole heartedly, we never ever want them to experience any uneasiness or what we think may cause them suffer. I hv to admit as a new mum, i m
sensitive but i am always a easy going person. For me, she bathed my bb well or maybe my bb skin's is thicker bcz he likes ru yi you so much. My bb sometimes has gassy stomach so her ruyi you did help.
Again, is personal preference, everybody has the right to like or dislike someone. Hahahah, maybe i am also bathing once a day so i don't find her dirty or stink. I do cooking at home before i delivered n my mummy also, she just smelled like us. Ohya, she bathes more than me which is twice a day. Dr told me that my bb wont be contaminated with germs if i hug him. i love hugging my boy so much. Bb, hope u wont find mummy smelly. ;P Oh not to forget, i bf my bb. haha.
Although she is just cl, we talked alot, we communicate and i will tell her what i dislike like n she followed. For me, no
one understands what you think and what you feel if you dun tell, i am straight forward type, i dislike to be hypocrite. Chen Tai has a kind heart towards bb so i know she wont harm my bb even i commented and highlighted on what i dislike.
Hubby and I love to eat what she cooked, you know what, where on earth we will cook mihun kueh or suan pan zi at home. Yummyyy, miss that. I asked her to watch TV which i really want her to do so, i feel empathy that such a small and confined places will suffocate a person. I have no choice cz i am doing confinement. I pay her but she is still a human erm even dog needs entertainment. During my confinement, my bb is healthy and well growing. What more can a mom wish. tqvm aunty tan.
I am lack of experience, my mum has her own way too, so does Chen Tai. We are different people so just communicate and coordinate, ta-da things just work out for me.
i am blessed that Chen Tai still contact with me because she treated me as fren and daughter. However, not everyone like it, if you don't mentioned she doesn't know how much you dislike to be a friend. Silly her, like to nag about what is good for her client but dont know what other think about her. Sorry all above, i will personally inform
her so that she wont bother any of you ya.
Once again, just my humble sharing, cheers.
ya even a dog needs entertainment but watching tv from 1830hrs to 2200hrs? probably acceptable to u cos u are such a wonderful person...too bad i cannot accept LOL!

one must be related to her to get so personal on my review...dun worry, my one comment wun harm her if she is really good.

hahaha.. gals u all do miss me yeay. tks for praising me.;). so kind of u. sorry that i dun know sharing my experiences also considered personal. wont lo. cat fight do freak me out. ermmm, i wonder who will stupid enough to post two same things at same place. opss. i really sorry to bother yr page ,nightmare too.

my hubby just received an sms from Chen Tai, (Tan Lay Ha). She asked him to 管好老婆 and not let me post on forum. she went on to defend all her actions that i mentioned earlier, called my hubby names and said i am crazy. anyway if she continues to disturb us, we will report to MOM. so please 请不要打扰我们了!

such a small world! she just finished a stint with my neighbour who did not know that she was my CL till a few days into her confinement when she told her. Chen Tai was gossiping abt me throughout the confinement. whether Chen Tai is good or not during this confinement, i am not in a position to comment but haha my neighbour beared with her as her maid has not arrived.

对!人在做天在看,人没十全十美可是要做好自己的工作,少讲人家闲话和隐私, 少按电话.

不是没一个人都会相信我的话, 可是这是forum, i just want to share my story and i hope i will not get disturbed anymore.

am sharing the phone number too:

ImageUploadedByForum1416454910.917845.jpg

ImageUploadedByForum1416455182.589628.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByForum1416455056.104089.jpg
    ImageUploadedByForum1416455056.104089.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
allow CL to watch tv... fair enuff. but watching for 3.5 hrs...?? that's like asking for 1 yard when u are given 1 inch

yeap...from the 9pm show to 630pm news and then the 7pm show...

anyway she just sms my hubby AGAIN explaining why her previous sms was so nasty blah blah blah and why she rather speak to him rather then me. haizz...sowing discord?

hubby is very irritated and he finds that this is harassment. whoever that is reading this to her, pls tell her to stop before we take further action.

please dont employ a confinement lady by the name of AH CHOO. She is absolutely horrible. first day arrive she pass us the receipts of her taxi ride from custom woodlands to my place. She is from MELAKA. Anyway thats fine.

She is not a big fan of Breastfeeding too. When i started breastfeeding with difficulty, it doesnt help her being there encouraging to bottled feed!

She nearly cut the unbilical cord off with a scissors and her reply was 'always its done like that'. Luckily we consulted our mother and advised us NEVER to cut off the remaining thread of umbilical cord. Let it drop off! Because once its infected after you cut , baby might get very sick!

She doesnt clean and wash for baby bottles. She uses tap water to rinse it off remaining milk and we later found out about.

Please Please dont contact or employ her.
+60 16 359 8443. You might regret it.

Back