3rd pregnancy at 41 years old

jern

Hello mummies! Anyone out there over 40 years old and having a third child next year? Just hope you can share some concerns and experiences that you have, thanks.

me but having 2nd child next year ... currently 9th week .
my main concern now is the generic tests .... and GD ... cos i am not young anymore lolz

Hello mummies! Anyone out there over 40 years old and having a third child next year? Just hope you can share some concerns and experiences that you have, thanks.

hihi Jern and pTB 7674

I am over 40 and having #3 next year ( end jan/feb)

how about mummies , when are yr edd ?

My edd not confirmed yet but may be around Feb. Ptb7674 what test is "GD"? I'm also worried for the down syndrome test.

I'm always fatigued and just doze off for a while. I get nausea and headaches daily. I don't remember having it so bad for my previous 2 pregnancies. How are you gals enjoying the ride so far?

my main concern now is the generic tests .... and GD ... cos i am not young anymore lolz
Gd is gestational diabetes ... My age and being Pcos is high risk for that. My 1st pregnancy was borderline so only control diet

The ride is bad so diff from my 1st .. The ms is terrible .. Eat or dun eat also nausea or reflux

Hi Hi all the mummies out there above 40, im not preggy now but have 3 kids already (1 gal at 7 and a pair of twins at 4yrs old). Am 40 yrs old now and are very happy that all mummies here are having their little one next yr.

PTB7674, don't worry abt the PCOS, am also a "victim" of PCOS. Guess now shld be "out" from the PCOS "victim" as after giving birth to my twins in 2010, my menses will so "zun" that u can count now....

Everyone Jia You....looking forward to see all your babies next yr. Stay healthy.

Hi I'm 40 this year, having no 2 in March next year.

Very bad ms 1st pregnancy(5 years ago), now slightly better, but still nauseous all day n vomit almost every night

A bit worried abt chromosomal abnormalities for our age group...

Very bad ms 1st pregnancy(5 years ago), now slightly better, but still nauseous all day n vomit almost every night

you can do harmony test . i did mine + oscar
i guess our age the MS is bad but lucky mine is nausea no appetite ...but din vomit

How is everyone mummies doing...must be excited....feeling excited for u all too...can't afford to have no. 4 but pregnancy is great...dont have to control diet :(

How is everyone mummies doing...must be excited....feeling excited for u all too...can't afford to have no. 4 but pregnancy is great...dont have to control diet :(
doing fine... who say no need to control diet
PCOS pro to GD so much control sugar intake :(

I am 40 and expecting my 2nd in March next year. I am going to do Pano

I am 40 and expecting my 2nd in March next year. I am going to do Panorama test, has anyone done it? What is harmony test for?

I am 40 and expecting my 2nd in March next year. I am going to do Pano

I am 40 and expecting my 2nd in March next year. I am going to do Panorama test, has anyone done it? What is harmony test for?

I'm going for panorama too as gynae doesn't offer harmony lols..anyway her clinic said its supposedly higher accuracy..think there's really not much difference between these two

For panorama, you kud add the 'extension' package ie more tests for differeNt types of chromosomal abnormalities...

I'm going for panorama too as gynae doesn't offer harmony lols..anyway her clinic said its supposedly higher accuracy..think there's really not much difference between these two

For panorama, you kud add the 'extension' package ie more tests for differeNt types of chromosomal abnormalities...
understand panorama is relatively new way

How often you guys have check-up? For me it is almost every two weeks and I am only 12 weeks pregnant. Is it normal as I did not live in Singapore for my first pregnancy?

How often you guys have check-up? For me it is almost every two weeks and I am only 12 weeks pregnant. Is it normal as I did not live in Singapore for my first pregnancy?
My check up bi weeks during 1st trimester that is 6th wks , 8 wks and 12wks thereafter it is once a month

I am 39 and expecting my 2nd child at 6half wks now! Will b 40 next yr when I deliver as well! Pano and Harmony was not heard of during 2 yrs ago when I was preggy. I also didn't do amnio prevs, not sure if this time will need to do.

Hi, I am 42 this year. Third preg for me. Tomorrow to receive my oscar test results, my NT was no good, together with the blood test. I supposed the result is not favourable. Supposed to meet Doc Friday, but brought forward to tomorrow for a discussion. Anyone did the oscar test?

Hi, I am 42 this year. Third preg for me. Tomorrow to receive my oscar test results, my NT was no good, together with the blood test. I supposed the result is not favourable. Supposed to meet Doc Friday, but brought forward to tomorrow for a discussion. Anyone did the oscar test?
I did Oscar and harmony for this pregnancy . I did them as a routine cos due to my age and all passed

Last edited:
I'm 38 this year and now 14 weeks preg with #2. #1 will be 3 yo when I deliver. Although it was sort of planned, I am scared of handling 2 kids. I'm not good with infancy stage so I'm dreading it already. Had post natal depression during #1 time cos felt like no help ard me. Only felt more confidant n happy as a mom after #1 turned ard 1.5-2 yo. I'm truly still scared and still contemplate if I wanna continue the pregnancy... Abnormalities is one of my fears too. Waiting for panaroma results out next week.

Hi chocolate teddy, u will be better with #2 then #1...when I have #1, I am also very helpless but #2 I handled it quite well. Don't worry so much n enjoy the process :)

I'm 38 this year and now 14 weeks preg with #2. #1 will be 3 yo when I deliver. Although it was sort of planned, I am scared of handling 2 kids. I'm not good with infancy stage so I'm dreading it already. Had post natal depression during #1 time cos felt like no help ard me. Only felt more confidant n happy as a mom after #1 turned ard 1.5-2 yo. I'm truly still scared and still contemplate if I wanna continue the pregnancy... Abnormalities is one of my fears too. Waiting for panaroma results out next week.
How's the panaroma result?

im 40 this years , im 11 weeks preg now was worried that my oscar test on this coming fri. as my prev pregnancy chromosome abnormalities , im fear and was worries very much with my current pregnancy. can anyone here share any experience .

im 40 this years , im 11 weeks preg now was worried that my oscar test on this coming fri. as my prev pregnancy chromosome abnormalities , im fear and was worries very much with my current pregnancy. can anyone here share any experience .
a happy mummy = happy baby..

chromosome abnormalities is not something we can control.. dun think so much and get yourself all worry and miserable
just go with the flow... since every pregnancy is diff ...

did you find out more abt why your prev pregnancy has such abnormalities ?

dear all , have my oscar result back , thk god that my result was very good. so doctor did not advice me to go for further test. im waiting for my 20 weeks scan now.

Hello ladies, I am 40yo and pregnant with my 2nd one. Would like to join your mummy grp. Can pls add me to your fb grp or whatsapp grp if there is one? My fb email is [email protected]. Thanks.
hi ..same as me ..pregnant with #2 when 40 years old and just give birth in end dec last year ...

well there isn't any wa or FB group

Wahhh... just stumble upon this thread. I'll be 37 this year and expecting my first child, will be due in april.

I didn't go for Oscar or even harmony test. Only went to the detailed scan during week 21. All is well tho.

Just wondering what other test are we suppose to expect during the 3rd trimester especially at this age?

Back