Premature babies support group

My daughter was 35+5 weeks when she was born. She had Urine Tract Infection so she needed to stay at the hospital for ten days. She is now 8.

My new baby is now 11 weeks old. Born at 33+1 week. He is premature but big baby. Weighed 2.91kg when he was delivered. Although, we were not able to exclusive breastfeed because his lips were too small, he just drinks my bm and fm from bottle.

Hi kmei2,
Mine is at SGH, his weight of yesterday is 1.85kg le but because his nipping is still not ready, he's still at stage 1 feeding. Looking forward to his next milestone.

sotong80, ah ic ic.. when is is he born?
i waitin for mine to hit 1.8kg too.. lol!

My daughter was 35+5 weeks when she was born. She had Urine Tract Infection so she needed to stay at the hospital for ten days. She is now 8.

My new baby is now 11 weeks old. Born at 33+1 week. He is premature but big baby. Weighed 2.91kg when he was delivered. Although, we were not able to exclusive breastfeed because his lips were too small, he just drinks my bm and fm from bottle.

Hi Trisha, congrats to your new family member. How i wish my baby knows how to suck now so that he can b bottle feed and i can bring him home soon.

sotong80, ah ic ic.. when is is he born?
i waitin for mine to hit 1.8kg too.. lol!

Hi Kmei2, i gave birth at SGH. though his eight hitted 1.8kg but he still not ready to bottle feed. Your boys ready for bottle feed? you go down everyday?
I wait for my husband to knock off from work then we go down together to deliver the ebm.

Last edited:
no
Hi Kmei2, i gave birth at SGH. though his eight hitted 1.8kg but he still not ready to bottle feed. Your boys ready for bottle feed? you go down everyday?
I wait for my husband to knock off from work then we go down together to deliver the ebm.

nope.. still tube feeding coz only 2weeks+ old.. i delivered on 23rd nov :)
no i dun go daily coz confinement.. hubby send ebm daily lo.. weekends i follow.. weekdays i tag along at times :)

hi

hi trisha! big bb u have!!

as long they drink.. bm/fm doesnt matter :)

hi sotong80, ur bb at which hospital?
my boys too at week 29weeks+4days.. both at kkh special care nursery and both with tube feeding still.. doc advise that once hit 1.95kgs and everythingn is well shld b able to discharged..

i will be celebrating their full month after they are both out :) but officially their full month is still counted 1 mth later after their birth date :)

our babies are fighters!! jiayou :)

HI Kmei

what do you mean by " i will be celebrating their full month after they are both out :) but officially their full month is still counted 1 mth later after their birth date :)"
you already know when they will be discharge?

HI Kmei

what do you mean by " i will be celebrating their full month after they are both out :) but officially their full month is still counted 1 mth later after their birth date :)"

ur boy is 1 week earlier than mine! good weight he got :)

no i duno when they will be discharge but will be holdin the (belated) party only when they are dicharged from hospital.. but the full month for them will still be on the 23rd dec *the day my confinement ends :p

[ote="kmei2, post: 6597071, member: 89040"]ur boy is 1 week earlier than mine! good weight he got :)

no i duno when they will be discharge but will be holdin the (belated) party only when they are dicharged from hospital.. but the full month for them will still be on the 23rd dec *the day my confinement ends :p[/quote]

Im thinking whether to takr one month unpaid lrave to spend more time with him. Today his weight is 1.905kg but he's still on stage 1 feeding. there are some upcomingvyrsting for him next week n his review will be on the 20th dec hopefully he can go home by then.

Im quite stress about my ebm. My supply sudden decrease alot. Dunno why. Sad.

Sotong80, bb will b good ya!

If ur company allows u to take then just proceed? U stress will decrease of bm too wor i heard.. my bm supply isnt good too max pump only 90ml 1x a day and rest abt 40ml.. :(

[Let's e="kmei2, post: 6598259, member: 89040"]Sotong80, bb will b good ya!

If ur company allows u to take then just proceed? U stress will decrease of bm too wor i heard.. my bm supply isnt good too max pump only 90ml 1x a day and rest abt 40ml.. :([/quote]

Lets jiayou to increase our milk supply.

HI Kmei

hi sotong80, ur bb at which hospital?
my boys too at week 29weeks+4days.. both at kkh special care nursery and both with tube feeding still.. doc advise that once hit 1.95kgs and everythingn is well shld b able to discharged..

i will be celebrating their full month after they are both out :) but officially their full month is still counted 1 mth later after their birth date :)

our babies are fighters!! jiayou :)
Hi, sotong80 and Kmei2. May I know what milk are your babies are drinking? My brother's daughter was born at week32 and 1 day in China. He wanted me to buy premature milk for the little girl. Now the baby still in hospital of China and drinking Nestle premature milk power. I have checked the company in Singapore. there is no nestle milk power for premature. I only saw similac neosure in NTUC for premature. How about your babies? China doctor told my brother to continue to drink premature milk at least 2 big cans after discharged from hospital. Thanks if you can give me some suggestion.

the
Hi, sotong80 and Kmei2. May I know what milk are your babies are drinking? My brother's daughter was born at week32 and 1 day in China. He wanted me to buy premature milk for the little girl. Now the baby still in hospital of China and drinking Nestle premature milk power. I have checked the company in Singapore. there is no nestle milk power for premature. I only saw similac neosure in NTUC for premature. How about your babies? China doctor told my brother to continue to drink premature milk at least 2 big cans after discharged from hospital. Thanks if you can give me some suggestion.

my bbies drinking similac neosure for low weight and preemies

Hello Everyone~ Any one's baby have problem gaining weight after discharge from hospital?

My baby was premature 3 mths @ 810g last year. When i was still feeding him ebm, his weight gain n progress was ok. However after we switched to formula, his weight remain stagnant @ 6kg till now (he just turn 1 yr old). He dislikes both milk + solids and would at most eat a few mouthfuls. He's happy and active, just refusing to eat.

Anyone with the same problem?

Hello Everyone~ Any one's baby have problem gaining weight after discharge from hospital?

My baby was premature 3 mths @ 810g last year. When i was still feeding him ebm, his weight gain n progress was ok. However after we switched to formula, his weight remain stagnant @ 6kg till now (he just turn 1 yr old). He dislikes both milk + solids and would at most eat a few mouthfuls. He's happy and active, just refusing to eat.

Anyone with the same problem?

Hi Shinewa I pm u, hope u can share your experience at nuh with me. Thks!

Hi everyone. New to this page. Had my princess at 27weeks 2days gest age, weighed at 1020g. I hope I can share my experiences with all parents here. She is now 2yrs 9mths. I totally understand what u all must be feeling. Stay strong!

[email protected]

Hi everyone, I am new to this. I have two older kids, aged 6 and 2. I just delivered my third bb last Thursday at 33 weeks at KKH. I had placenta previa Grade 4 (low lying placenta covering my entire cervix) and I had to deliver early because i got contractions and started bleeding. During the operation, I lost 5 litres of blood and they were unable to remove my placenta which was stuck firmly to my uterus. In the end, I had a hysterectomy as well. I almost lost my life but am recovering well now. My baby is in Special Care Nursery now. Today is the 6th day. His birth weight was 2015 but has seen dropped to 1775. I can't wait for him to gain weight! Feel very xing tong to see him there.

Can someone add me to the FB group? My email address is [email protected].

TIA!

Hi, can the FB administrator pm me for my email add to join the support GP pls? Just delivered my premature baby today at 27w4d. Tks!

Can I check whether the fb group is active pls? My baby was just born premature and has been spending the previous week in NICU and I would like some support...

Can I check whether the fb group is active pls? My baby was just born premature and has been spending the previous week in NICU and I would like some support...
I'm wondering the same thing too!
My twins were born premature too.. on 3rd Nov 2014 at 28 weeks gestation age .

Back