Support group - Miscarriages

Hi Ladies,

Just want to ask those who have already started ttc again. How do you prepare yourself mentally? I realized my hubby and I are putting a lot of hopes again and tend to feel disappointment when each month gives a negative. At the same time, I am also worried and scared at the same time. This feeling is a little uncontrollable sometimes.

Hi Sok Koon, I understand your feeling but please do us a favour, do not give urself so much stress, the negative indeed will give lot disappointment but there is a lot of thing is beyond our control. For me, I used to gv myself stress also but later I feel this should not be the way, hard to conceive is not our fault at all, i shld learn to let go and 放下. I know is not easy but I feel now my heart is calm and peace and I really take ttc journey more relax. Maybe find smthg which u and ur hubby interested with and enjoy the hobbies together. For me, I think religion helps to calm my mind.
I not sure is it your stress come from other people, but stress only make life more miserable, y not choose another way to face it and who know, mindset change, the relax mood will bring you good news. take sometime to adjust the mind, I believe u can do it! jiayou..

Hi all,

Last sat(18/10) i went to see my gyane and diagnosed with blighted ovum(my 4th miscarriage), my embryo was measured 5 weeks when I did the scan at 7 weeks. My Doc suggested 3 options:
1) wait for menses to come naturally(which may take weeks)
2)washing
3)cytotec

I chose cytotec as i dont want to go under surgery, and waiting for my menses to come is like a waiting game.... very stressful. this is the 3rd times I use cytotec to end the pregnancy. The first 2 times I use the cytotec(yr 2011 and yr 2013), I had cramps, heavy bleeding within 24hr after I took the medicine. But this times(took the medicine on 19/10), I only had little cramp and mild bleeding.... Felt that something is not good. Really scared that cytotec failed and had to go for washing.
Today I will be going back to see my doc, hope everything is fine. :(

Last edited:
Friends who experience multiple miscarriage, have you ever considered of doing some investigations for your recurrent miscarriage? My doc asked me to go for a body checkup to rule out any medical conditions such as thyroid issue, SLE, immune system disorder, hormone imbalance etc.

Word of advice for those who just miscarriage or have recurrent miscarriage, let your body rest for at least 6mth, don't rush to conceive. Some doc will tell you no need to wait, can try straight away but our body need time to recover too yah. For myself, I suspect something is not right with my womb after repeated miscarriage, my menses flow become lesser and the duration of period is also shorter than before. Definitely, need a thorough check on my womb and TCM to bu my body.

In case any of you interested to know more about the cause of miscarriage, here is an nice article for your reading. http://www.parenting.com/article/seven-most-common-miscarriage-causes

Quote of the day:
'Even if you experience bad times, remember that you are not alone'

In my memories,

Sorry for your loss, I understand how you feel. I had underwent multiple miscarriage... Fear + Disappointment, nobody will understand this kind of feeling, not my husband and not even my mother...

Give yourself times to rest. bad time will pass and everything will get better. Be strong.

Hi all,

Last sat(18/10) i went to see my gyane and diagnosed with blighted ovum(my 4th miscarriage), my embryo was measured 5 weeks when I did the scan at 7 weeks. My Doc suggested 3 options:
1) wait for menses to come naturally(which may take weeks)
2)washing
3)cytotec

I chose cytotec as i dont want to go under surgery, and waiting for my menses to come is like a waiting game.... very stressful. this is the 3rd times I use cytotec to end the pregnancy. The first 2 times I use the cytotec(yr 2011 and yr 2013), I had cramps, heavy bleeding within 24hr after I took the medicine. But this times(took the medicine on 19/10), I only had little cramp and mild bleeding.... Felt that something is not good. Really scared that cytotec failed and had to go for washing.
Today I will be going back to see my doc, hope everything is fine. :(

hug hug littleredant21, everything will be fine.. you are a strong lady, always remain positive ok, your dream will come true..

Friends who experience multiple miscarriage, have you ever considered of doing some investigations for your recurrent miscarriage? My doc asked me to go for a body checkup to rule out any medical conditions such as thyroid issue, SLE, immune system disorder, hormone imbalance etc.

Word of advice for those who just miscarriage or have recurrent miscarriage, let your body rest for at least 6mth, don't rush to conceive. Some doc will tell you no need to wait, can try straight away but our body need time to recover too yah. For myself, I suspect something is not right with my womb after repeated miscarriage, my menses flow become lesser and the duration of period is also shorter than before. Definitely, need a thorough check on my womb and TCM to bu my body.

In case any of you interested to know more about the cause of miscarriage, here is an nice article for your reading. http://www.parenting.com/article/seven-most-common-miscarriage-causes

Quote of the day:
'Even if you experience bad times, remember that you are not alone'
Yup definitely. I went for full check - up aft 2nd mc. And found out I have nk cells positive, vitamin D not enough. So need to take medi n treatment once tested positive. Suggest to stick to high risk pregnancy dr as they c alot of patients w repeated loss and will do all the require test when preggie. As sometimes thing happen only during pregnancy time. From the require test found out I have protein s deficiency n diabetics. So now every night need to have jab on tummy n control my diet. Now otw go for monthly protein s test fingers crossed :)

I think you may consider to do full body check-up as well. If can find out problem meaning there is solutions for it. You sure can graduate w flying colour w rainbow bb. Jiayou :)

Yup definitely. I went for full check - up aft 2nd mc. And found out I have nk cells positive, vitamin D not enough. So need to take medi n treatment once tested positive. Suggest to stick to high risk pregnancy dr as they c alot of patients w repeated loss and will do all the require test when preggie. As sometimes thing happen only during pregnancy time. From the require test found out I have protein s deficiency n diabetics. So now every night need to have jab on tummy n control my diet. Now otw go for monthly protein s test fingers crossed :)

I think you may consider to do full body check-up as well. If can find out problem meaning there is solutions for it. You sure can graduate w flying colour w rainbow bb. Jiayou :)
Dear give a hope,the nk cell is attack the embro in which week?my one hcg reach 1296 on week 5 but unable to grow & drop back!
I just had a chemical pregnancy on oct & doc check on my hormon & find out i ovarious unable to produce the progestorene to support my pregnant!

Hi e everyone, just return from my doc visit. Told her that my bleeding was very little after cytotec, she said might need to repeat the Whole process again. Sian .
Anybody experience unsuccessful cytotec treatment and ended with d n c?

Hi Ladies,

Just want to ask those who have already started ttc again. How do you prepare yourself mentally? I realized my hubby and I are putting a lot of hopes again and tend to feel disappointment when each month gives a negative. At the same time, I am also worried and scared at the same time. This feeling is a little uncontrollable sometimes.
Chew,since ur medical report show u are no problem to conceive then u should try to relax urself & waiting for the moment to come!

Dear give a hope,the nk cell is attack the embro in which week?my one hcg reach 1296 on week 5 but unable to grow & drop back!
I just had a chemical pregnancy on oct & doc check on my hormon & find out i ovarious unable to produce the progestorene to support my pregnant!
According to rheumatologiest it will react in 1st trim. But I'm not sure will attack in which week.

Hi e everyone, just return from my doc visit. Told her that my bleeding was very little after cytotec, she said might need to repeat the Whole process again. Sian .
Littlereddan21, gynae inserted 2 cytotec and not fully cleared so I was given 4 cytotec to be taken orally every 4 hours. End up with cramp & diarrhea, n bleed it out completely within 5 days. Hope you are fine nw. Take good care.

I also face this problem now,doc test the hcg are drop on 11/10 & have cramp on 17/10 for few days!tis few days i test the early pregnancy test kit & it still show the pregnant!

Hi ladies, can I ask if it is normal to feel extreme tired during ovulation period? I realized I have been feeling very tired during the ovulation period.

Hi could anyone give some advice on where to chao du? I prefer a guanyin temple if possible... If u can let me know how much it costs it would be good.

I was told can only chao du the next seventh month... But I wish to do asap as I have been experiencing something not so good... Thanks :)

hi mei...go 光明山 at bishan. they have one coming up known as the 水陆法会。 $20 for 婴灵. go quickly n register.i hope this helps.

Hi chew, some ladies do feel tired during ovulation... symptoms differ individual..

Hi mei, wat happen? Hope everything is fine w u... I was told to chaodu yearly not just once after my mc last march

Hi chew, some ladies do feel tired during ovulation... symptoms differ individual..

Hi mei, wat happen? Hope everything is fine w u... I was told to chaodu yearly not just once after my mc last march
Been experiencing some disturbances at night. Think it is not normal kind. After thinking for a while, thought it might be 灵婴. I didn't realise the chao du is so important.

Hi ladies, I'm scheduled for evacuation of uterus tmr but I don't know if I shld wait n see another week. Im abt 8weeks preg but my cycles are not that regular so i may be earlier than 8wks. My hcg level has been low but rising slowly but until now they can't see anything in the ultrasound except for cystic space. Few scans at KKH and gynae clinic showed no ectopic. My gynae said it looks like a molar pregnancy. I have had no pain or spotting at all. Im so confused and i dunno what i shld do. I cant seem to find anyone with similar experience also. :'(

Hi ladies, I'm scheduled for evacuation of uterus tmr but I don't know if I shld wait n see another week. Im abt 8weeks preg but my cycles are not that regular so i may be earlier than 8wks. My hcg level has been low but rising slowly but until now they can't see anything in the ultrasound except for cystic space. Few scans at KKH and gynae clinic showed no ectopic. My gynae said it looks like a molar pregnancy. I have had no pain or spotting at all. Im so confused and i dunno what i shld do. I cant seem to find anyone with similar experience also. :'(
Hi inwa, I am really sorry u are going thru this very difficult decision. What are ur HCG values?
Did u consider second opinion? There are qt a few experienced gynaes recommended on SMH from places like TMC and gleneagles, mb u seek second opinion with them if u are not so sure abt decision. I think D&C can be postponed. I did mine at 11wks, so if u do a little later than 8 wks it shd be ok. However, if it is really molar pregnancy u have to do asap. It is dangerous.

Hello hi_mei, my highest hcg was on Tuesday at 4000+.. Wasn't doubling just rising slowly. I did get a 2nd opinion, could only see a tiny cystic space. Can only confirm if it's molar when they send the tissues for testing after the evacuation. Looks like an unhealthy pregnancy even if it's not molar. And yes I think I will just proceed with evacuation as it may be dangerous to delay. Sighhh

Hi, my hcg levels were at its peak of 2300+ and dropped to 2100+ theres a fetal heartbeat but i am having cramps n spotting too. Just hang on or seek 2nd opinion. Mayb u are later than u expected. I also have irregular menses too and am earlier than expected.

Hello hi_mei, my highest hcg was on Tuesday at 4000+.. Wasn't doubling just rising slowly. I did get a 2nd opinion, could only see a tiny cystic space. Can only confirm if it's molar when they send the tissues for testing after the evacuation. Looks like an unhealthy pregnancy even if it's not molar. And yes I think I will just proceed with evacuation as it may be dangerous to delay. Sighhh

It doesn't sound healthy to me too. If u have made up your mind then go ahead with it. I hope it's not molar.
Really sorry, I know it is very upsetting. If u can, have someone go with u for the D&C. Helps a lot. If u want to talk u can also come here and talk to us... Take care of yourself babe.

Hi vac, they can't even confirm there's a gestational sac so I think no point waiting anymore. Gynae is very sure that it's an unhealthy pregnancy and said better not delay evacuation.
Hope all goes well for u! :)

hi_mei, thanks babe.. will be going tmr morn. So nervous abt being sedated! Will definitely come back here and chat with u ladies. Hope i can ttc again soon..

Hi vac, they can't even confirm there's a gestational sac so I think no point waiting anymore. Gynae is very sure that it's an unhealthy pregnancy and said better not delay evacuation.
Hope all goes well for u! :)

hi_mei, thanks babe.. will be going tmr morn. So nervous abt being sedated! Will definitely come back here and chat with u ladies. Hope i can ttc again soon..
Don't worry, it is not a complex operation and honestly I did not feel any pain. Not even cramps after the op. Just need to rest to recover. But u will be well enough in time and can ttc again.

Hi sisters, I wan to ask if there is anyone here who has taken norethisterone to induce AF.

I had a D&C and waiting for my AF to report. I saw dr tan on fri and on sat morning I started with 2 pills of the med. then on sat late morning I start to spot. Been spotting till now. No full flow yet. Should I continue the med????

Appreciate replies.

Hi sisters, I wan to ask if there is anyone here who has taken norethisterone to induce AF.

I had a D&C and waiting for my AF to report. I saw dr tan on fri and on sat morning I started with 2 pills of the med. then on sat late morning I start to spot. Been spotting till now. No full flow yet. Should I continue the med????

Appreciate replies.

Hi i took before and it may take a few days to work. Took for days and AF came4-5 days later. I am not sure what u shd do though...

Can anyone share on their AF cycles after D&C? Is it normal flow?
Mine is a lot lighter, it's more like light flow or spotting...

Can anyone share on their AF cycles after D&C? Is it normal flow?
Mine is a lot lighter, it's more like light flow or spotting...
It should be normal flow.
My Dr who did D&C (Tan HH) said must go back to him if flow is light or scanty. Has yours stopped? If not then maybe it is like spotting before the real AF...
If u are worried about scarring or adhesions u can request for a saline sonograph to check, but it can only be done after ur AF comes I think.

My hsg has dropped to 281 last Friday but still having brown discharge. Is it normal? Been having brown discharge since 2 wks with few of the heavy flow ones...

Hi,
I'm new to this forum, but has been reading the threads since my first mc last June. I just got to know my 2nd mc this Monday. I was suppose to due for my first scan after HCG 2 weeks ago, but dr saw a big blood clot in my womb instead. Did another HCG and it has dropped from 262 to 35. We lost it again.... This is my 4th own Ivf attempt.

I'm 1 of the unlucky one to know that I have adhesion in my womb after my d&c for my 1st mc. I got to know after my next ET failed and found out through HSG X-ray that there's shadow in my womb. I need to have another surgery to remove it, risking that adhesions may form again. I have no choice if I want to conceive again.
Frankly, Adhesion in womb is very uncommon. My friends and SIL successfully got pregnant even after d&c.

Hi,
I'm new to this forum, but has been reading the threads since my first mc last June. I just got to know my 2nd mc this Monday. I was suppose to due for my first scan after HCG 2 weeks ago, but dr saw a big blood clot in my womb instead. Did another HCG and it has dropped from 262 to 35. We lost it again.... This is my 4th own Ivf attempt.

I'm 1 of the unlucky one to know that I have adhesion in my womb after my d&c for my 1st mc. I got to know after my next ET failed and found out through HSG X-ray that there's shadow in my womb. I need to have another surgery to remove it, risking that adhesions may form again. I have no choice if I want to conceive again.
Frankly, Adhesion in womb is very uncommon. My friends and SIL successfully got pregnant even after d&c.
wishupon, sorry to hear abt ur losses.. its hard but pls be strong, for urself n ur loved ones ard u..

since its cfmed tt u have adhesion, resolve it before recovering n try again~ look at e positives! u know u can get preggie since got implantation and growth

My hsg has dropped to 281 last Friday but still having brown discharge. Is it normal? Been having brown discharge since 2 wks with few of the heavy flow ones...
U check with doctor or nurse better... But sometimes things can go haywire after a miscarriage for a while... Do take care of urself...

Lazybee, thanks for the encouragement. It is indeed hard and a tough journey so far, especially seeing my hubby from excitement to disappointment each time. Mentally distressing....

Akwan, after my first mc, my HCG din go down only after 4 weeks. Things do get haywire sometimes. Just make sure to take care and recover well..

wishupon, its like a rollercoaster ride right? i'm still on my 'ride'.. smth i learnt in my journey, e higher e expectation e greater e fall n it isn't easy.. its a journey wif ur hubby~

some days r gd some days will b terrible.. come in and rant n ladies here will give some support!! :)

Hi,

Sorry to hear that...
Adhesion in womb can be rectified. Some sisters here rectified already have successful pregnancies... Have faith that it will happen one day. Hang in there babe.

My levels was around 1500~2000. N same...I only saw an empty space but then I had the horrible morning sickness still...Just only that the symptoms was gradually fading away.

Been experiencing some disturbances at night. Think it is not normal kind. After thinking for a while, thought it might be 灵婴. I didn't realise the chao du is so important.
After my procedure everything isn't going quite smoothly for me. I guess I need to go chaodu soon...
Its been 3months since d&c. Sigh. N my health isn't very good too...after that I had extreme giddness/tinnitus...something I never had before. but all along i had slight blocked nose la.

N. Can u imagine my AF only came last week? N that is after taking medicine to induce it. OMG.

N for the past 3 days I had been dreaming of dead bodies / grim reaper n the likes. Super eerie...

wishupon, its like a rollercoaster ride right? i'm still on my 'ride'.. smth i learnt in my journey, e higher e expectation e greater e fall n it isn't easy.. its a journey wif ur hubby~

some days r gd some days will b terrible.. come in and rant n ladies here will give some support!! :)

Lazybee, it's indeed a roller coaster ride and we all definitely have strong stamina to go thru these. Glad to have this place to pour our sorrows.... Just hang on and take things one step at a time.

My adhesion in womb has been cleared before this cycle, but still failed. Even My gyn told me that the God is testing him with my complicated case ( my internal is a big mess after several op to remove fibroids, clipping tube and septum removal). Haiz...
Guess I have tried all means I can, hoping to improve things, but seemed to make things worst. Will see how things go...

Lazybee, thanks for the encouragement. It is indeed hard and a tough journey so far, especially seeing my hubby from excitement to disappointment each time. Mentally distressing....

Akwan, after my first mc, my HCG din go down only after 4 weeks. Things do get haywire sometimes. Just make sure to take care and recover well..

Wish_upon Thank you and this Fri i'm going back for blood test, hope hcg will drop to zero.

Let's be strong and have faith.

I had first miscariage in Sept, really hearbroken,everyday tears at midnight, nw is better.
i request full checkup but doc said checkup cannt tell de reason, main is baby unhealthy.
He only gave me clomid and folic acid for next conceive.
But i found my blood clog quite many in this time period. And i learnt frm here tat aspirin can thin blood clog.
I try to find aspirin frm watson but not dare to buy, as physician told me need doc advice,
May i noe whr u all buy aspirin? Wat brand ?
And how to take? Physician told me if pregnent cabnt take.really ?
Kindly share with me this pls, i am eager to have next baby, it is a hope for me.
Thanks all

Hi Evenn, baby aspirin should be taken when prescribed by your gynea. If you wan to find out if you have blood clotting problems, maybe should go for further blood test to find out first? Some ladies has gone to Dr Shelia for further test. You may want to consider tests before taking baby aspirin.

I had first miscariage in Sept, really hearbroken,everyday tears at midnight, nw is better.
i request full checkup but doc said checkup cannt tell de reason, main is baby unhealthy.
He only gave me clomid and folic acid for next conceive.
But i found my blood clog quite many in this time period. And i learnt frm here tat aspirin can thin blood clog.
I try to find aspirin frm watson but not dare to buy, as physician told me need doc advice,
May i noe whr u all buy aspirin? Wat brand ?
And how to take? Physician told me if pregnent cabnt take.really ?
Kindly share with me this pls, i am eager to have next baby, it is a hope for me.
Thanks all
I started to take baby aspirin only aft dr asked to not by my own. For my dr I am still taking baby aspirin shld be all the way till birth.
I think u shld go for further test 1st dont self medicate.
Jiayou :)

Chew & Give a Hope: thanks reply.
My gynae kept tell me no need any test or checkup, but i still worrying.
Dr Sheila is from Raffles hospital? Whr is her clinic?
I stay in west area.

Chew & Give a Hope: thanks reply.
My gynae kept tell me no need any test or checkup, but i still worrying.
Dr Sheila is from Raffles hospital? Whr is her clinic?
I stay in west area.
Dr sheila will run her clinic at mt e novena. As I know wed afternoon n Thursday morning she will be at the choolani clinic other than these two days she will be at her own clinic but also at mt e novena.
She will be at nuh once a mth. You can book thru nuh hotline.
I am seeing her at the choolani clinic. She work hand in hand w another gynae at the choolani clinic.

Dr sheila will run her clinic at mt e novena. As I know wed afternoon n Thursday morning she will be at the choolani clinic other than these two days she will be at her own clinic but also at mt e novena.
She will be at nuh once a mth. You can book thru nuh hotline.
I am seeing her at the choolani clinic. She work hand in hand w another gynae at the choolani clinic.

many thanks to u,
Her consultation fee is it exp?
Other than this blood test, any others checkup can do after miscarriage?

Back