(2014/08) August 2014

Hi mummies.. may i just check any of your LOs are playing with their saliva and tongue a lot? so much so that it kinda seems like they are starting to teeth? cos my LO just crossed the 12th week timeline and kinda caught me offguard. he bites his lower lip very hard and a lot too. probably itchy? just wanna make sure it is really time and teething and not me thinking too much. haha

a little early to be teething?

I am sure ur girl will. Last few days I have been telling my girl she is going for injection and this time is 2 jabs. Ask her to be brave and the pain will be over soon.. the clinic gave paracetamol but I didn't let her take. I also opted for rotavius vaccine. So today vaccine is 2 jabs and 1 oral

Hi August mummies, may I check if anyone is facing the same problem as me. I'm facing difficulties in burping my girl lately. Don't know why...take very long time to burp her and sometime after trying awhile still don't burp. She is going 12 weeks old, do I still need to burp her after every feed?

my boy caught the cough virus from my hb. whole nasal pipe blocked. can't eat & sleep well. so heart-pain. so tired looking after him too. sigh.

suppose to have his vaccination next wed. hopefully he recovers by then. else need reschedule until dunno when.

Hi August mummies, may I check if anyone is facing the same problem as me. I'm facing difficulties in burping my girl lately. Don't know why...take very long time to burp her and sometime after trying awhile still don't burp. She is going 12 weeks old, do I still need to burp her after every feed?

actually depends on ur baby - how well she feeds, got tenancy to puke after feed, etc.

I only stop burping when my elder one at 6mths+. but sometimes when I lazy I juz put my boy on the bouncer (slightly inclined position) after feed if he didn't struggle to finish his milk, ie. never gasp for air, etc..

Anybody going back to work soon? I'm so emotional and worried thinking that my baby is gonna be closer to the helper or my mil. Sobs sobs

Anybody going back to work soon? I'm so emotional and worried thinking that my baby is gonna be closer to the helper or my mil. Sobs sobs

try look after ur baby on ur own when u r home? play, feed, bathe, co-sleep together, etc.

Hello mummies...

My 9 weeks old having diarrhea for a week Liao... Seen PD but still having watery stools but less frequency...
Any advise?

West side mummies any PD to recommend?

Hello mummies...

My 9 weeks old having diarrhea for a week Liao... Seen PD but still having watery stools but less frequency...
Any advise?

West side mummies any PD to recommend?

my PD prescribed my boy with lacto forte (probiotics) when he had diarrhea. u can get it from pharmacy. half sachet, twice a day. can also try changing to soy milk (isomil) for a week to recover faster.

I am sure ur girl will. Last few days I have been telling my girl she is going for injection and this time is 2 jabs. Ask her to be brave and the pain will be over soon.. the clinic gave paracetamol but I didn't let her take. I also opted for rotavius vaccine. So today vaccine is 2 jabs and 1 oral

juz to check. the 2 jabs are 5-in-1 & pneumococcal?

My girl keep crossing her eyes when I am feeding her. She looks at the bottle, Yesterday started. But when I break her from that focus. She ok. Then back again

my PD prescribed my boy with lacto forte (probiotics) when he had diarrhea. u can get it from pharmacy. half sachet, twice a day. can also try changing to soy milk (isomil) for a week to recover faster.

Hi kopibeanie , just now went to PD again... He gave us probiotic like the previous PD... Yaya... She is on isomil soy milk for a week already... Hope to get well fast...

Anyone of ur babies having nightmares constantly? My 10 weeks old baby will cry everyday when sleeping, seems like having nightmare. And he get startled very easily by noises. :(

Anyone of ur babies having nightmares constantly? My 10 weeks old baby will cry everyday when sleeping, seems like having nightmare. And he get startled very easily by noises. :(
Dont play too much with him before sleep. Did u bring him out or on TV during he day to let him get use to noises? Don't be too quiet in his sleeping environment.

I let my boy sleep face down. less easily startled & woken up from sleep. also play soft lullaby music in background.

btw, I'm using this comfi mattress (http://www.mymiraclebaby.com.sg/sto...6-x-96-x-3-5cm-playpen-mattress/prod_715.html) when I let him lie face down for safety reasons.

Hi kopibeanie , just now went to PD again... He gave us probiotic like the previous PD... Yaya... She is on isomil soy milk for a week already... Hope to get well fast...

I was told best to use probiotics, go natural & let the body pass out the toxic by itself. even for the elder one, nowadays they also prescribe probiotics, no longer give diarrhea medicine/syrup already. my gynae also gave me probiotics instead of jab when I was down with stomach flu during pregnancy.

thanks! can't quite recall.. mummy's brain.. btw, ur gal had fever after the jab? I had to postpone my appt to end dec coz my boy hasn't recover from cough yet. sigh.
No problem.

No fever. I fed her a few mouthful of 泡渗the night before the jab. After jab, no evening wipe, just clean her private part and buttock. Then 2 days no shower. Just morning and evening wipes. All these are to prevent. Polyclinic got give paracetamol but I didn't give her since when we reach home. Think she totally forgot the abt the jabs and when I touch her thigh. She didn't cry. So its all fine. (Will forget and pat her thigh)

Just remember to press hard on wound when the nurse is done with jab ya. Although it may look painful at first but it actually helps the wound to heal faster. They already cry when jabbed.. so might as well add the pressure on wound.

My cousin's son developed fever that very night when he had the jab and was feeling better the next day.

thanks! can't quite recall.. mummy's brain.. btw, ur gal had fever after the jab? I had to postpone my appt to end dec coz my boy hasn't recover from cough yet. sigh.
No problem.

No fever. I fed her a few mouthful of 泡渗the night before the jab. After jab, no evening wipe, just clean her private part and buttock. Then 2 days no shower. Just morning and evening wipes. All these are to prevent. Polyclinic got give paracetamol but I didn't give her since when we reach home. Think she totally forgot the abt the jabs and when I touch her thigh. She didn't cry. So its all fine. (Will forget and pat her thigh)

Just remember to press hard on wound when the nurse is done with jab ya. Although it may look painful at first but it actually helps the wound to heal faster. They already cry when jabbed.. so might as well add the pressure on wound.

My cousin's son developed fever that very night when he had the jab and was feeling better the next day.

No problem.

that's great! I remember my elder one didn't have fever after the first jab, but had some mild fever / reaction for subsequent ones (esp the MMRV). then can't go infant/child care. every time need standby leave for the next 2-3 days after his jabs. hopefully the younger one won't develop any fever / reaction coz by then I start work liao. not sure if can take leave. fingers crossed. sigh.

Mine too.. drooling. Lol.. probably early stage where the gum start to itch. 5 mths then start teething. I am going to do the traditional ceremony of Kui Cho (hokkien) meaning start of eating for her at 4 months. This consist of a prawn, a chicken head, a veggie, a drum stick and 13 pieces of mani biscuits in red thread to tie around her neck to symbolize absorbing saliva.

Can anyone share how you put your baby to sleep?
I find it difficult to teach my son to sleep on his own .... Help...?!

My baby used to sleep easily in the stroller, rocker or just using the pacifier. But nothing really works now as he has been quite cranky. I wonder if this is a growth spurt.

Are your babies holding his or her neck straight already at 12 weeks? My boy's neck is still not stable.

My boy's neck is still not stable although I can see tht he is trying to hold his neck up himself.
My son doesn't sleep easily in the day. But he is totally fine at night.

My girl neck is still a little wobbly too. She hates tummy time so now its even more difficult to do this exercise with her since I already gone back to work. She is also more of night sleeper. Day light is always light sleeping. But I am fine with that. Cos what I really need is she to sleep through the night so my hub and I can rest and she is doing well with that so far.

Hi Mummies! Would like to join this thread. Gave birth to my first child on 4th August after 7 years of TTC. Looking forward to learning from all of you! by the way, is there a FB group set up for August 2014 mums?

my boy still hates tummy time. likes to be carried in a upright sitting position. neck still abit wobbly. but can turn to look left & right when in sitting position. btw, my boy is already 3+mths. think most babies the neck will be totally firm only at ard 4mths.

my boy is also a light sleeper in the day. probably naps abt 20-30mins each time. but sleeps quite well at night. not sleeping thro the night yet thou. feeds at ard 8pm then sleep, then feed again (drink & immediately go back sleep) at ard 12am & 4am, & wakes up & feed again at ard 7am. timing quite good already compared to the elder boy.

my boy still hates tummy time. likes to be carried in a upright sitting position. neck still abit wobbly. but can turn to look left & right when in sitting position. btw, my boy is already 3+mths. think most babies the neck will be totally firm only at ard 4mths.

my boy is also a light sleeper in the day. probably naps abt 20-30mins each time. but sleeps quite well at night. not sleeping thro the night yet thou. feeds at ard 8pm then sleep, then feed again (drink & immediately go back sleep) at ard 12am & 4am, & wakes up & feed again at ard 7am. timing quite good already compared to the elder boy.

My boy hates tummy time too... His neck is quite strong & he enjoys looking around when being carried. He's also now able to turn his head from one side to the other while on his tummy.

kopibeanie, I'm so relieved to hear that your boy is a light sleeper during the day too. Thought my boy is the exception from the norm... I tried all means & ways to get him to sleep for a longer duration but he sleeps for about 30mins each time. So envious of mummies whose babies can sleep for 1-2h or longer. But am thankful that he recently started to sleep through the night from 8pm to 4/5am.

I train my gal 10pm..but time she atrugfle to sleep at 11plus 12.. really earlier the better
I tried 9.30pm but she wakes up at 4.30am for milk. Faint.. so I go back to 11pm so she can sleep till 7am. But 6 mths onwards I will try again for earlier timing

Back