IVF/ICSI Support Group

ellesie, congrats to your BFP!! Your gynae should have given you progrestrone support or I suggest you go to private gynae for help (probably even faster). My private gynae gave me hormones jab to support my pregnancy in the past and I was like you, carry 1 cooking pot also can cramp.... please take good care & keep us updated here ok?

ttc77, dont mind I ask that means you didnt take the full 17 days of HL?

Same here!! Such a torture. It's like I can have a bit of symptoms like bloatedness or cramps But the next day it will be gone.

Gooie, u have any symptoms so far?

I know I shouldnt be reading too much Into the symptoms But it's so tough: p
I'm gg back to work on Mon n I have tons of work waiting for me so I Hope that can distract me: )
Not sure if I mentioned but I'm the husband here. Wife started work yesterday. Symptoms wise, no more bloating but have sore boobs, bad low back pain. And yesterday she took mrt too crowded and couldn't take it so came down to take taxi

Most significant would be sore boobs and bad low back pain. Something which she previously never had
But then again who knows

ellesie, congrats to your BFP!! Your gynae should have given you progrestrone support or I suggest you go to private gynae for help (probably even faster). My private gynae gave me hormones jab to support my pregnancy in the past and I was like you, carry 1 cooking pot also can cramp.... please take good care & keep us updated here ok?

ttc77, dont mind I ask that means you didnt take the full 17 days of HL?

Yup I didn't fully utilize.my work is already piling up n even today my boss asked me to do a conference call when I'm on mc. Hai

Next week gonna be busy when im back n need to meet clients etc.I will still try my best to take things slow

Not sure if I mentioned but I'm the husband here. Wife started work yesterday. Symptoms wise, no more bloating but have sore boobs, bad low back pain. And yesterday she took mrt too crowded and couldn't take it so came down to take taxi

Most significant would be sore boobs and bad low back pain. Something which she previously never had
But then again who knows

Oh Ya. I forgot u r the husband. Sorry about that.

All the best to your wife!! Hope the symptoms translate time BFP!!

Mine is 10nov. How abt your wife? Does she intend to test before that

I think v likely I won't test before that Cos I know if it's negative, I will surely be very affected. Haha
Ours is 11nov but most likely she will test next week. It's good you can refrain from testing because negatives are really terrible and in turn affect the mother in case it's false negative making things worse

One suggestion though, maybe you can consider testing at home on bt day. Some say it's better to cry at home than to hear the news through the phone and cry (that's IF bfn) but of course we all pray we are all successful

Not really. im not sure whether I keep feeling hungry and keep on eating, tats y no bloatedness. I notice if I walk more or stand for a while, I will have mild cramp. The nurse told me I shud feel bloated instead of cramp. Cramp means low progesterone. Tats y im quite worried also
Hi ellesie. Can I ask if u experiencing sore boobs now? Seems like sore boobs is a symptom for both menses and pregnancy. My Frens who got pregnant told me they have no sign of swollen breasts at all and also no other symptom just missed menses.

Talking about sore boobs. Before my IVF, I always had sore boobs like 4-5 days before A. Once AF starts, the sore is gone. But after I’ve started IVF stim, such symptoms are poof gone into thin air. So I haven’t had any sore boobs symptoms since May. So weird I find.

Rachelt, thanks for asking about this auntie.

Me feeling fine. Focusing on other things than ttc =)

Hey, your FET is coming right? Oh or done already?

Jieqi66, I have the same mindset. If bfp and needs rest, I will take no pay leave and even quit if situation calls for it. I feel work is secondary already. I did tell my boss after I had my first MC. Maybe she has forgotten. Ha. When it happens then lets see how.

No pay leave till delivery?

Dr tan hh said my previous mc was due to weak womb. I also dunno what to do if i succeed from my fet next jan...

And my company is shifting mid of next year...

At least for the first trime I feel. If doc says need longer rest, I will do it. My job is quite flexi in hours but can be stressful and need moving about. So I will not risk it if I can.

Did Doc say what can be done to improve your “weak womb”?

At least for the first trime I feel. If doc says need longer rest, I will do it. My job is quite flexi in hours but can be stressful and need moving about. So I will not risk it if I can.

Did Doc say what can be done to improve your “weak womb”?

Stitching. Cos mine was week18 mc. He said my womb cant hold the bb.

So next round he will do stitching when needed.

Oh do you care to elaborate which part will be stitched? First time hearing this.

Meilingg hope you don't mind I rake up the past...at 18weeks it was found out that bb stopped growing?how will stitching help?

Oh Rachelt so how many embies were transferred? Will you do HPT?
@redvel.. Thawed 4 only 1 champion blastocyst.. Had already POAS on Wed cos Sun I had a sudden bout of spotting.. Scare die me.. Did my bHCG with private.. Mon will be KK's official BT.. Will share results after KK..

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. Join this forum because yesterday I just got BFN from my first IVF at KKH. The cycle ended with "chemical pregnancy" which explained by doc, that y my hcg level shown low level and dropped when second BT. Of course, I'm very upset now, but meanwhile I decide to have second IVF.

Husband n I decide to go for private this cycle, as my husband not comfortable with the treatment at KKH. Anyone of you know DR. Yap Lip Kee at mount E? He is introduced by my ex colleague.

Besides, how soon should I start my second cycle? Initially I plan for during CNY 2015 which is three months away, but lot private clinic will be closed during CNY.

I'm hoping to have some advice from you all. I can't concentrate on others work now, just keep thinking of second cycle plan.

Thanks.

Oh do you care to elaborate which part will be stitched? First time hearing this.

Meilingg hope you don't mind I rake up the past...at 18weeks it was found out that bb stopped growing?how will stitching help?

If i not wrong, cos my womb is weak, therefore my cervix open early.

http://www.m.webmd.com/baby/cervical-cerclage-to-prevent-preterm-delivery

No wor, i was at home when i felt like a lump coming out... Reached kkh they said bb no heart beat and later on waterbag burst.

So it could b cos my cervix was open ard 1cm and bacteria might have went in also...

Beautiful, Rachelt. I’m happy to hear another wonderful news. Share with us the numbers on Monday. Can buy 4D. lol.

Oh my heart sank Meilingg. Big hugs. Dr Tan is very experienced and I’m sure his recommendation is going to help you.

Oh my heart sank Meilingg. Big hugs. Dr Tan is very experienced and I’m sure his recommendation is going to help you.

Thanks. Im much better now. Now looking forward to my fet...
Yup, i swapped to dr tan for my fet. Previously fresh cycle was with dr lau.

Hi ellesie. Can I ask if u experiencing sore boobs now? Seems like sore boobs is a symptom for both menses and pregnancy. My Frens who got pregnant told me they have no sign of swollen breasts at all and also no other symptom just missed menses.
Bbfanatic, this time I totally no symptom except cramp on and off and super hungry. I can eat every hour. I try not to eat n I have quite a bad reflux. But when im hving my no 1, I have sore boobs for almost 2 weeks and I thot my af is coming. Turns out to be 5 weeks pregnant. I believe each pregnancy is different. Dun read too much into symptoms. I know its not easy. Even till now I will still subconsciously check whether I hv pregnant symptoms.

AppleBaby, sorry to hear on your BFN. Usually 2-3 months rest for your ovaries to heal before another stim cycle. I presume you don’t have any frozen embies?

Good for you to call the new doc and check what’s the blocked out dates in 2015. Just like KKIVF, there are dates which they do not accept patients end of this year. Once you know this info, you won’t be so stressed out speculating and can plan better for your 2nd. Don’t give yourself stress just because you can’t do it in certain month. You would rather you’re getting all the 100% support and attention, rather than not. 1-2 cycles don’t make much difference.

Meilingg, a fren of mine having the same condition as u but lucky her manage to give birth to both her boys , one at 24 weeks another at 30 weeks. U will need close monitoring from the doctor. Since the doctor already know ur condition, im sure for ur next pregnancy it will be a successful one. Have faith :)

Meilingg, a fren of mine having the same condition as u but lucky her manage to give birth to both her boys , one at 24 weeks another at 30 weeks. U will need close monitoring from the doctor. Since the doctor already know ur condition, im sure for ur next pregnancy it will be a successful one. Have faith :)

Wow! Thats very lucky of her!
Yup, we are aware of this condition therefore will take extra attention for my next one.

I guess doc wont check on the cervix unless a mc occurs and realised it.

Discuss with yr husband if finanically stable anot. If not, do ivf then work, quite stressful.

Maybe dun need till delivery. But at least completed the 1st triemster. So all major organ growing at 1st tri.

I think i will monitor and see how. Cos i think mayb i got to take at the later stage since my womb is weak... Stitching might helps but bb will be heavier and heavier.

Shall see how during my next pregnancy...

Not all cases need stitching. Some cases just need to complete rest in bed. So depend which one u need.

Some mummy complete rest in bed from preg till delivery as they move then bleed. Quite scary.

Usually will stitch early if needed.
So weak womb, need to eat more fibre so that u dun need to strain when pass motion.

Hope dun need complete rest for the next one...
But if really needed also no choice...

Anyone with experience hcg doubling but progesterone drop and still hv successful pregnancy? My beta today is 1222 but my progesterone keep dropping from 180 to 138 and today only 80. Im already on max progesterone support. Doc only ask me to continue the support.

AppleBaby, sorry to hear on your BFN. Usually 2-3 months rest for your ovaries to heal before another stim cycle. I presume you don’t have any frozen embies?

Good for you to call the new doc and check what’s the blocked out dates in 2015. Just like KKIVF, there are dates which they do not accept patients end of this year. Once you know this info, you won’t be so stressed out speculating and can plan better for your 2nd. Don’t give yourself stress just because you can’t do it in certain month. You would rather you’re getting all the 100% support and attention, rather than not. 1-2 cycles don’t make much difference.

Thanks, redvel. Yes, I'm really a bit frustrated now after I got to know Dr Yap clinic will be closed one week for CNY, since I m willing to scarify my CNY holiday for this. I quit my job for this IVF, it's truly hard for me to wait at home for few months, I need a objective to live on....so as soon as I can fix my doctor and second cycle date, then I could plan myself to prepare for it.

Now, husband n I in dilemma to chose a new doctor. We met dr yap in mount E once before we decided go KKH for IVF, and we quite comfortable the consultation with him. In fact, we took up his advice that we should go KKH due to the gov subsidy for similar success rate. He is medical director of mount E...just dunno how good is he and mount E ivf lab.

Applebaby. Go and look around. I dont know dr yap but i assume you say lab means MtEIVF.

There are many other labs around. Most will close only on the CNY PH days and even then if must do ER or eT those days, skeletal staffing will be available. Many chose to close Xmas instead. Do consider other labs if you want to max out the CNY hols (good idea! )

Meilinggg: hugs! Do you see TCM? I think TCM is good to stronger ur womb and tiao your body.

Rachelt: hope to hear your good news on next Monday.

Ellesie: did doctor say why progesterone level drop?

Meilinggg: hugs! Do you see TCM? I think TCM is good to stronger ur womb and tiao your body.

Rachelt: hope to hear your good news on next Monday.

Ellesie: did doctor say why progesterone level drop?

Yup after mc went to eu yan sang tiao my menses.

Im going back again tml...

Ellesie:

This articles may help you.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/81879-progesterone-levels-first-trimester-pregnancy/#page=1

I heard one of sister After i BFP, her level dropped to 16 on 10dp3dt. So she had additional med support in the form of both daily duphaston and weekly proluton jabs on top of utrogeston inserts.

Her Proluton jab only discontinue her 7th week of pregnancy. The rest are still being taken as support.

Dun worry too much, she was told by 2 drs that the blood test for progesterone is not reflective of the level in the uterus. Hence she did not insist to continue with the blood test.

Ellesie:

This articles may help you.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/81879-progesterone-levels-first-trimester-pregnancy/#page=1

I heard one of sister After i BFP, her level dropped to 16 on 10dp3dt. So she had additional med support in the form of both daily duphaston and weekly proluton jabs on top of utrogeston inserts.

Her Proluton jab only discontinue her 7th week of pregnancy. The rest are still being taken as support.

Dun worry too much, she was told by 2 drs that the blood test for progesterone is not reflective of the level in the uterus. Hence she did not insist to continue with the blood test.
Hi lingsan, thanks for link. I din see the doc. Only go clinic for blood test n the nurse call me for the result. Im currently on 2x insert, 4x progynova, 3x ultrogestan and alt day progesterone jab. I think its already the max support given. The nurse only tell me to continue the support n back for blood test coming monday. Haiz, I only hope can do scan earlier to find out everything is ok.

Thanks, jieqi.
I've asked dr tan in KK, is Chem Preg caused by my poor eggs or sperm? But he said No and lot questions we asked didn't have concrete answers from him too. I'm 38 hubby 43, I've Pcos. My menses come irregularly every 2-3months. Thus, husband and I hope to get a doctor who could provide us more personal care in treatment, and get a 'less busy' doctor. Im trying to make full use of my next two years before I'm 40. That y I decided to have a break in my job.

you're right, i need time to warm up my worm. I consider to start TCM too, is Zhou YuMin at AMK good? And, I start to take RJ, maca, folic acids....

Yes, I also heard lot about SF Loh, but my hubby worry he also a very busy doctor like Dr. tan at KK. Now, we consider Dr. yap at ME because we had a very comfortable consultation in our first consultation.

All the best to you.

@AppleBabyBaby I've done some reading about causes of chem preg (just google "causes of chemical pregnancy") and read a few articles that pointed to two causes - (1) random occurrence (i.e. bad luck); and (2) genetic issue with the egg that causes the body to reject the embryo in early stages as the body knows the embryo will not develop well. Nothing about the sperm as a possible cause. If it's random, you're very unlikely to have another chem preg if you conceive again. Genetic issue with egg is more challenging as it will lead to multiple chem pregs, but only a test can confirm that and the docs (those overseas, not sure about locally) will only test you after you have had multiple chem pregs.

Dr Zou at AMK is popular. I see Dr Tan Siew Buoy at Chinatown. All the best to you!

Guys
I'm currently 6dp2dt
N I'm having cramps similar to AF cramps whole of today

Is this normal? Should I be worried that AF is coming ?

Guys
I'm currently 6dp2dt
N I'm having cramps similar to AF cramps whole of today

Is this normal? Should I be worried that AF is coming ?
My advise to you is to stay zen. Only worried when there is spotting as this may require u to have additional support or to rest more.
In ivf process, staying relax is important key to success, besides other conditions tt is beyond our control

Back