(2015/6) June 2015 Mummies

My gynae determined by inches of the baby, I think that's the way how every gynae does?
Yes,they all depends on the length of the baby. Mine also keep changing, scanned four time already all 4 got different edd. Doc explain at this moment its still not very accurate, but will be within that few days.mine difference by a day or two only.

Yes,they all depends on the length of the baby. Mine also keep changing, scanned four time already all 4 got different edd. Doc explain at this moment its still not very accurate, but will be within that few days.mine difference by a day or two only.

Yes they measure by length! Mine changed by 6 days!

I think when the baby gets bigger, should be able to determine clearer date, at most 2-3 days difference?

Btw I hv scheduled my Oscars scan in first week of dec. I shld be 12w+ by then. Everything is chop chop for this pregnancy unlike my #1 time.

Btw I hv scheduled my Oscars scan in first week of dec. I shld be 12w+ by then. Everything is chop chop for this pregnancy unlike my #1 time.
I skip Oscar. Told my gynae no matter what I will keep my baby, so not going to add stress to myself by going through the test. Already did the basic blood test. Waiting for report. Next visit to gynae is a month later.

Irenelim77, added u on fb last night, add me to fb group when u start one! :)

Hello been awhile since I checked in, somehow it's not appearing in my email feeds. Now the group size has increased! Congrats to all!

Had some spotting last week and was on hospitalization leave for a week. Now better but nausea and low iron, constantly hungry but hating all food! Please go away quickly!!!

Jiayou to all mummies.

For me, I'm always sleepy. Which is a bad thing cos I wanna slp at work too. And it's affecting my work. Haha.

Congrats mummies! I've tested positive last week, may end up end June or early July Edd... So decided to join both threads!! Lol... Impatiently waiting for two weeks to pass for my first appmt. Feels like a never ending wait.

If you are opting for oscar will be at 12 weeks?

I can't rmb when the compulsory one will be done. Should be around same time too?
My gyne advised best period to take is week 11-12 for more accurate result. However after discussion w hubby, I decided to go for the harmony test instead. Cos I got 2 fren took and got false result end up retake harmony test. Since I can't convince myself to totally skip the test hub said take harmony.

My gyne advised best period to take is week 11-12 for more accurate result. However after discussion w hubby, I decided to go for the harmony test instead. Cos I got 2 fren took and got false result end up retake harmony test. Since I can't convince myself to totally skip the test hub said take harmony.

Hey babe if I may ask, what are the age of ur friends?

Irenelim77, added u on fb last night, add me to fb group when u start one! :)

Hello been awhile since I checked in, somehow it's not appearing in my email feeds. Now the group size has increased! Congrats to all!

Had some spotting last week and was on hospitalization leave for a week. Now better but nausea and low iron, constantly hungry but hating all food! Please go away quickly!!!
U feeling better? I have weekly bleeding, doctor says qt common in first tri so don't worry too much :) rest well babe.

Hello all!!

Currently 8 weeks+ with my #1. Joining all of you in this exciting journey :) I am lucky to have no morning sickness, no nausea, no loss of appetite, increased appetite, sore breasts and all.. breezing through my first 2 months and hope to stay that way (*cross fingers)

Just to share, I did read about alot of false positive on OSCAR as well.. and eventually those mums-to-be went to take harmony test or a genetic scan from Prof Ananda Kumar at Camden Medical, baby turns out to be normal. They gave birth to healthy normal babies.

Can I check which gynaes are you all currently seeing? I am looking for a detailed and patient gynae.

hi @icyjol,

I'm seeing DR John Yam (gleneagles) and visited him a week back at Jurong Point branch for my 1st appt. My friend recommended him and shared with me her experience.

hi @icyjol,

I'm seeing DR John Yam (gleneagles) and visited him a week back at Jurong Point branch for my 1st appt. My friend recommended him and shared with me her experience.

Hi ShyKaren,

How is his charges like? Is he very expensive? During consultations, will he like rush through? Is my first pregnancy so I reckon I may have alot questions to ask.. so I need a patient and detailed gynae who is willing to address my queries and provide more info for me. Frankly, I am still quite lost and dunno what to expect

Hi icyjol,

My first visit was $180 (forgot the breakdown) but with a scan to see my lil "pea" growing, I've not sign any package yet so the current visits should be per visit charges.... He's friendly and easy to chat, and quite detailed in explaining and sharing what the Dos and Don't and advise.

It's alright, this is my #1 too, am just like you, feeling lost and curious. So I prefer to have recommendations and also did my research and understanding about this gynae, before i make my first appt. After discussion with my hub, we decided to choose him. It's good to ask more Qs and know more from the gynae. Hope it helps. =)

Btw, when are you due?

Hi icyjol,

My first visit was $180 (forgot the breakdown) but with a scan to see my lil "pea" growing, I've not sign any package yet so the current visits should be per visit charges.... He's friendly and easy to chat, and quite detailed in explaining and sharing what the Dos and Don't and advise.

It's alright, this is my #1 too, am just like you, feeling lost and curious. So I prefer to have recommendations and also did my research and understanding about this gynae, before i make my first appt. After discussion with my hub, we decided to choose him. It's good to ask more Qs and know more from the gynae. Hope it helps. =)

Btw, when are you due?

Hi ShyKaren,

My EDD is 9 Jun, u?

My mil insist we should go to KKH of Thomson because she said it is less expensive but I told hubby I dont really wanna go KKH (I read alot of scary stories online on their services. Thomson on the other hand, cant remember where I read, the prices kept increasing also) So I also dunno if Thomson is any cheaper now. If she knows I go Gleneagles she sure to nag my hubby and me. Haiz...

My main priority now is to find a gynae first, due date is still long I never think so far. I hope to faster progress past the first 3 months..so at least baby is stable. You know I dont have any symptoms so sometimes I will feel paranoid if baby is growing or stop growing.. at least with morning sickness, you know your baby is inside. I cant help feeling paranoid at times..

My EDD is 9 Jun, u?

My mil insist we should go to KKH of Thomson because she said it is less expensive but I told hubby I dont really wanna go KKH (I read alot of scary stories online on their services. Thomson on the other hand, cant remember where I read, the prices kept increasing also) So I also dunno if Thomson is any cheaper now. If she knows I go Gleneagles she sure to nag my hubby and me. Haiz...

My main priority now is to find a gynae first, due date is still long I never think so far. I hope to faster progress past the first 3 months..so at least baby is stable. You know I dont have any symptoms so sometimes I will feel paranoid if baby is growing or stop growing.. at least with morning sickness, you know your baby is inside. I cant help feeling paranoid at times..[/QUOTE]

Hi @icyjol,

My EDD is estimated mid June. =) Heard from alot of experienced mummies that it'll be hot....

You can google their delivery package online and compare the rates (which I did for gleneagle and NUH - recommendation on another S.Prof). Most importantly that both you and your hubby must be comfortable with the cost and have same decision ba.

remember to relax and not getting paranoid... not good for mummies... some of my friends had much later morning sickness, some in their 2nd trim.

Don't panic & be happy ok. =)

@ShyKaren - Tnks!

Why hot? Alot of ppl delivering in mid Jun? Auspicious date maybe.. alot of ppl tell me hor first pregnancy always come out earlier one..dunno how true

LOL sorry i meant the weather will be warm....

Haha I see I see... lol!!

Are you currently working? I plan to tell my boss only after 3 months.. hopefully nothing goes wrong and I will jus take leave and go for routine med appts till 3 mths..

@icyjol, yes i am currently working and i suggest you should let your boss know cos at this stage, we can't carry heavy stuff or exert too much energy...

I told my boss when I confirmed with my GP about my pregnancy (before making appt with gynae). =)

You'll be fine... just don't stress yourself and make yourself worry too much.

Last edited:
@icyjol we have same EDD.

If u are more comfortable and don't mind paying a bit more, I think pte is better. I am currently with KKH but shd be switching to pte after first tri. Some Pte ones are almost compatible price with KKH.

U feeling better? I have weekly bleeding, doctor says qt common in first tri so don't worry too much :) rest well babe.
@hi_mei thanks I'm feeling better but every now and then when I get cramps (which I never had in my first pregnancy) I get so scared and paranoid I run to the toilet to check for spotting. :/

This pregnancy is quite different from the last. At 8 weeks I'm so big and everyone at work keeps looking at me suspiciously guessing amongst themselves if I'm expecting. My bellys grown so much I'm already in maternity clothes and I'm breathless like I was in my third trimester the last time. First pregnancy I didn't show until I was 7 months! At this rate I'm growing I dunno if I may just literally burst. @_@

Btw to all FTM deciding on a Gynae, my bad experience tells me that u really need to do some work. I thought as long as u can click with your Gynae that's good enough, can answer my questions etc. but eventually I learnt the hard way that if u are particular abt how u wanna deliver (natural, no drugs, no induction, etc) better do ur homework to find out each gynaes preference and practice. Cos ur Gynae will decide for u when the time comes.

I'm changing Gynae to wk tan this time! :)

@hi_mei thanks I'm feeling better but every now and then when I get cramps (which I never had in my first pregnancy) I get so scared and paranoid I run to the toilet to check for spotting. :/

This pregnancy is quite different from the last. At 8 weeks I'm so big and everyone at work keeps looking at me suspiciously guessing amongst themselves if I'm expecting. My bellys grown so much I'm already in maternity clothes and I'm breathless like I was in my third trimester the last time. First pregnancy I didn't show until I was 7 months! At this rate I'm growing I dunno if I may just literally burst. @_@

Wah u are growing qt fast! Mb it is a different gender this time that's why!

Hi hi ..
Just went for my first gynae visit at week 7 & both me & hub managed to see & hear the baby's heartbeat ..
During my second pregnancy, we could only see the blinking heartbeat but cant hear the heartbeat ..
Unfortunately the baby stopped growing & no heartbeats at week 8 ..
So now with the current pregnancy, i am quite kiasi ..
No travelling, minimum amount of caffeine & less stress at work ..
The gynae is going to see me again at wk 10 & wk 12 ..
Just to play safe ..
Have a great week ahead !!

Hi hi ..
Just went for my first gynae visit at week 7 & both me & hub managed to see & hear the baby's heartbeat ..
During my second pregnancy, we could only see the blinking heartbeat but cant hear the heartbeat ..
Unfortunately the baby stopped growing & no heartbeats at week 8 ..
So now with the current pregnancy, i am quite kiasi ..
No travelling, minimum amount of caffeine & less stress at work ..
The gynae is going to see me again at wk 10 & wk 12 ..
Just to play safe ..
Have a great week ahead !!
Congrats babyunicorn!

Back