(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

Yo mummies, my edd is tomorrow - 1st Nov. I'm going into TMC tonight (after midnight) for induced labour tho' my gynae asked me to go in aftr 8am tomorrow. I will love my baby's birthday to be 1/11/14 so decided to go in after midnight later. In this way, i will hv enough time to go into labour and my bb gal will pop within tomorrow (Heard induced labour will take 12 hrs and above)! Wish me luck!
All the best Eleona!! If my baby not out b4 8 nov...most likely I will opt for induce too!!

Jia you!!

I just called TMC and asked about the delivery packages again... apparently on the website, the packages is just a base cost. Example, on the website, 4-bedded normal delivery package is about $1913. But the administrative staff told me by adding baby's doctor fee, anesthetic doctor fee, etc... the actual bill is $3.5k for 4 bedded. This price excluded your gynae's fee and any other delivery options (epidural, vacuum, etc..)... well safely to say, 4-bedded, normal delivery (super basic, no complication, added ur gynae's fee) in TMC will cost abt 6K in total before any deduction. If claim baby bonus (3k) and medisave (2.1k), probably have to pay cash/credit card of $1k. This is what i guessed what we will be paying tonight... Oh the staff also say must deposit $1.5K if opt for 4 bedded, normal delivery upon admission 1st...

Last edited:
All the best Eleona!! If my baby not out b4 8 nov...most likely I will opt for induce too!!

Jia you!!

Thanks PH_BB... actually i will prefer to go into natural contraction but my bb too comfy in my womb and until now no signs of labour.... :(

I heard stories of inducing, some went well, some not so good and need emergency C-Sect in the end (this add on to the hosp bills!).... i'm afraid i will end up having C-sect which i do not want... Hope tonight till tomorrow, everything is smooth - smooth normal delivery after inducing and don't want epidural!

Thanks PH_BB... actually i will prefer to go into natural contraction but my bb too comfy in my womb and until now no signs of labour.... :(

I heard stories of inducing, some went well, some not so good and need emergency C-Sect in the end (this add on to the hosp bills!).... i'm afraid i will end up having C-sect which i do not want... Hope tonight till tomorrow, everything is smooth - smooth normal delivery after inducing and don't want epidural!
Eleona, hope everything will be fine for you!! You can do it de!! dun worry...just relaxxxx...

initially the colostrum...so i understood qtly is little. colostrum only a few drops. milk will kick in after a wk?
i also scared my bb will be hungry when out. i also thot of supplementing.
what is the brand of formula milk u used?

have your bb poo yet?

it must be fun and so sweet with little one by yr side. i'm waiting for my big day!!! :D

My milk supply increase after day 5... And my mum made the green papaya with fish bone soup.. So it helps a lot..

My bb gal poo le.. She had alrdy clear her toxic waste in her tummy. Now her poo is all the milk...

I letting her drink S-26.. But still try to pump as much as I can... I still prefer letting her drink breast milk..but now. Even if pumping 50ml.. It isn't enough for her to drink.. Lol.. But that's all I could give every 5-6hrs.. Pump to close timing can't produce much milk.. :(

Haha.. Bb gal had been behaving well so far.. Just hoping she will maintain it.. Lol! She is 1week old now.. :)

Visited gynae this morning and water level droppped from 6.0 to 4.9 in a week...4.0-6.0 is borderline low. Going back on Mon afternoon...gynae say if drop further need to induce on Mon or Tues...nervous...

Visited gynae this morning and water level droppped from 6.0 to 4.9 in a week...4.0-6.0 is borderline low. Going back on Mon afternoon...gynae say if drop further need to induce on Mon or Tues...nervous...
Faefever, when is ur edd? That day my gynae also scan for water....she only showed us 2 patches...told us still enough...schedule to see her again on wed.

Faefever, when is ur edd? That day my gynae also scan for water....she only showed us 2 patches...told us still enough...schedule to see her again on wed.

My edd on 17 nov...will be 38 wks on Tues. Baby today 3kg. Im ok w inducing but scared pain only :(

My edd on 17 nov...will be 38 wks on Tues. Baby today 3kg. Im ok w inducing but scared pain only :(
Faefever, everyone scare of pain....depends on individual's tolerance...anyway relax and ask for epi if necessary...
Though I can say that to you...me also very scare...dunno if I can endure anot :'( *keeping fingers crossed*

Let's jiayou together bah!

Faefever, everyone scare of pain....depends on individual's tolerance...anyway relax and ask for epi if necessary...
Though I can say that to you...me also very scare...dunno if I can endure anot :'( *keeping fingers crossed*

Let's jiayou together bah!

Hehe thanks thanks

Hi Babby, only cramps on n off...went to see gynae and mentioned that my tummy is not hard enough...I wonder why must be hard then can deliver. Forget to ask why also...

Anyway, gynae put to fingers in to feel the head....n it's so painful!!

Hi PH_BB, i heard that during labour pain, tummy will harden like rock and accompanied by contraction. I'm not sure why too.

All the best Eleona!

hi faefever, my bb is 2.9kg just 1 day edd after yrs.
yr dr seems more careful as my dr did water level check during growth scan 2 wks ago and nvr check again liao.
hope everything goes well on yr end. keep us posted!

Harden like a rock?? Never heard b4 ley...dats y I very puzzled when gynae said dat

My gynae also said so.. He say ways to trace if it's contraction.. Must see if tummy harden.. Especially the sides of the lower tummy.. And see if got cramps anot... N then bleeding

My gynae also said so.. He say ways to trace if it's contraction.. Must see if tummy harden.. Especially the sides of the lower tummy.. And see if got cramps anot... N then bleeding
Hi christin, when I sit...it's very hard, but when I lie down...it's soft. Whenever gynae checked, we are always on lying position...so it's always soft :(

Tmr will be 39 wks le....baby seemed so comfy inside...so worried.

Take care...
Induce.. no pain at all.. only when the contraction start.. you will feel the pain..
but you have laughing gas, painkiller jab... last resort is epidural.
dun worry ... everything will be fine.. you are in hospital already..

Hi christin, when I sit...it's very hard, but when I lie down...it's soft. Whenever gynae checked, we are always on lying position...so it's always soft :(

Tmr will be 39 wks le....baby seemed so comfy inside...so worried.

yes... remember 3 years ago, i was so sad too.. coz bb too comfy inside.. dun want to come out..
end up induce... (i cried after i step up from the clinic... still remember i cried in the bus too... there was a kind lady passed me some tissues)..
but luckily ... goes smooth .. induce.. normal delivery...

This round 2nd pregnancy... not much luck.. i still can feel bb head on the top..
tomorrow going to see gynae...
Since last week... can't sleep well... everyday wake up in the wee hours ... today so worst... woke up at 2.30 am... cant sleep till 4.30 am..
then sleep a while ... 6 am wake up again...

yes... remember 3 years ago, i was so sad too.. coz bb too comfy inside.. dun want to come out..
end up induce... (i cried after i step up from the clinic... still remember i cried in the bus too... there was a kind lady passed me some tissues)..
but luckily ... goes smooth .. induce.. normal delivery...
meplaa, I tot of going for induce this week....my back is aching badly...duno what gynae will say after I see her on wed. :(

This round 2nd pregnancy... not much luck.. i still can feel bb head on the top..
tomorrow going to see gynae...
Since last week... can't sleep well... everyday wake up in the wee hours ... today so worst... woke up at 2.30 am... cant sleep till 4.30 am..
then sleep a while ... 6 am wake up again...
I also woke up during midnight....then canot sleep...day time so hot....cant get to slp too....
think we are too tense....maybe have to try to relax.

Hi PH_BB, I didn't sleep well too. Keep waking up in the middle of the night to pee or drink some water. Ur edd is on 8th? Mine is on 7th. Still waiting. just started my maternity leave last friday. Duno is it bcos I stop working now, the tension comes in too.

Hi PH_BB, I didn't sleep well too. Keep waking up in the middle of the night to pee or drink some water. Ur edd is on 8th? Mine is on 7th. Still waiting. just started my maternity leave last friday. Duno is it bcos I stop working now, the tension comes in too.
Yes, 8th. Baby is pressing hard downwards. Difficult to sit and walk. Do u have cramps?

I have problem with sleeping at night. though i am tired already but my tummy seems to harden or more painful at night. i also dunno if that is cramp or what? i also don't know why day time seems fine but night is terror. tried to sleep then either bad position or have to wake up to pee and it is abt 4-5times a night.
further back also aching so much...
walking also very slow as sometimes feel bb heaviness...
seated too long, like got something press on bowel.
all the problems... but i hope bb stay in another 2 more wks at least!

I also woke up during midnight....then canot sleep...day time so hot....cant get to slp too....
think we are too tense....maybe have to try to relax.
Ya, maybe too tense back.. I m still working.. coz edd is 27 Nov
If I m not working, I think everyday I must think weirdly..
Hubby Can't understand What I feel now.
But he still optimistic... hopefully bb head will turn.

Ya, maybe too tense back.. I m still working.. coz edd is 27 Nov
If I m not working, I think everyday I must think weirdly..
Hubby Can't understand What I feel now.
But he still optimistic... hopefully bb head will turn.
Meplaa, dun worry...u still have 2wks+ to go...hope ur baby will turn by then. :)

Meplaa, dun worry...u still have 2wks+ to go...hope ur baby will turn by then. :)

No... next monday go back to see my doc again.. if by then still in breech position...
will schedule C-sect within next week too.
but doc told me, my possibility is very low.. for my bb head to turn down :(

No... next monday go back to see my doc again.. if by then still in breech position...
will schedule C-sect within next week too.
but doc told me, my possibility is very low.. for my bb head to turn down :(

Hi Meplaa, don't think so much. Maybe that's what bb like position to be in.
Mine somehow likes to stay on the right side, and i read that it will cause very long labour process cos position is not exactly correct.
I'm just afraid that after suffering all the natural delivery pain still have to sudden c-sect. Emergency c-sect will have extra cost :p

Jts, I notice if I sit too long & wanna get up. If I do it slowly & gently, the pain from tummy wasn't hurt as bad. Past weeks I can't even stand properly once I get off my seat. :(

Hi mummies... My bb gal 10days old.. Today just admitted to nicu for monitoring.. I'm so upset to the maximum.. Can't stop crying.. Especially when I see her tiny hand was bandage n needle poking...

She was having fever.. Chiong to the pd's clinic.. Can't find the root of the problem. She look so fine.. And her temperature seems to drop after that.. But was still admitted..

She need to go thru blood test, urine test and stool test.. Make sure she isn't infected with any virus.. I'm dead worried now.. Cos I won't know the report till doc sees it and confirm everything...

Sigh.... My bb gal was having mild jaundice when discharged.. Today check she still has it.. Really dunno how to cure her jaundice.. Cos doc say 1week and her jaundice shld be ok alrdy.. But no.... How.....

Back