Zoophonics

My boy just started at Tampines mart zoophonics and so far quite gd
happy.gif

Hi all,

I would like to seek feedback on fellow members' experience whether children indeed benefit from the purportedly structured and advance syllabus at Zoophonics Kindgergarten which prepares them well for Primary school.

We are consider whether to transfer to their beauty world branch from another school which has a proper school ground. I am not sure if the shopping centre environment is conducive.

Thanks in advance!

pinko, my gal has been with Zoophonics JW since 18 mths till now (she is 3 yrs). The only thing i minded initially was that the teachers are not locals so they do have a bit of accent. But throughout the lessons, i feel that the teacher does have passion in teaching children and for the 1 year i accompanied my child during class, there was never a day she refused to go! she enjoys mostly the singalong and the craft sessions.

When she turned about 30mths, she joined the toddler class which is no longer parent accompanied. she did cry during 1st 2 lessons but now she looks forward to the weekly class more than her daily school! Her teacher is Teacher May and she is extremely nice and loving to the kids. I never regretted enrolling my gal & wld continue for the rest of her pre-sch years.

I brought my girl try kindermusik and recently zoophonics. Kinder is good with music n dance but not much academic. If u prefer academic then zoo is better choice but at their 18mths class I feel not much focus on phonics, hv songs n storytelling which defeats my purpose. I heard in older class they will.

Bukit timah regular class with teacher dee is good. But my girl class is a Filipino n I Oso terminate the class cos she's like going thro the motion. No kids r paying attention to her. The worst class I've came across. I've told the mgr (which I agreed is rude n pushy) ill come bk after u chg teacher cos she wanna withhold my deposit! Dun wanna argue with her cos kids ard so inlet it go.

Heard of teacher Rita who is good too but dunno left or tfr. In short, zoo curriculum is good cos more diversified compared to kinder but they need to maintain their std of teachers.

Hi

Any parents had placed your kids at safari house @ IBP??

My understanding that teacher Zane had left the childcare. Anyway I think she only teaches till N1. But is a very good and passionate teacher.

My gal is in N2 now and I don't have very positive impression of her current teacher, Ms Bowen.

I just learned from my gal that her teacher is firece, often scream at them and likes to beat them. I am really not sure how true is that coming from my 4 yrs old but i am very concern. My gal told me that her teacher ever thrown her book once n slap her hand when she misbehaved. When probe further, my gal told me that teacher Bowen ever slaps her classmates on his face..I think the school shouldn't use physical punishment on such a young children!!! I felt very sorry for my child because when I told her that its wrong for teacher to beat them she ask me innocently. "Mummy, teacher cannot beat us"?. That's because she thought it right to be beaten by teacher as they r naughty. I am very disappointed with this teacher n the school..

I will be attending their parents meeting today which i will be bringing this up to the principle.

Any parents from IBP?

Omg piglet it's so bad? How did the meeting go? Im considering putting my gal in ibp. Now I need reconsider.

I tink all gd teachers left Liao...

i called dover safari house and the person who attended to me was lily, is this the same lily who managed the siglap branch?

Hi Pink piglet,

Ur gal is still with them? Any improvement after gave ur feedback? Im going to send my 10 mth son there
After read so many negative commends i think better reconsider

I enroled my girl there before as i heard good review abt teacher farah (cant rmb her name)..but after 1 month,the teacher resigned n changed to the other pinoy teacher..feel nothing much she could learn in the class n the teacher always failed to engage the kids,so end up i withdraw my girl

Hi Carol

Thank you:)

As I'm working in strategy, so the location is very convenient for me. But to me gd environment and nice teachers are more important. I will visit more childcare centers then compare...

Btw, do you guys know any gd childcare center in woodlands? Thanks a lot:)

Hi,

Any feedback for the Safari House preschool at IBP particularly for K1 and K2? Is the Chinese standard acceptable?

Hi,I am looking for a childcare for my boy. any good childcare in yishun or amk. any other reviews for zoophonics lately. Notice that this thread is inactive for quite a while. Tks

The boss is very busy with expanding zoophonics safari house and pay little attention to the management of the Teachers. They hire many PRC Teachers who are very fierce to children and rude to parents. Many issues like school safety and cleanliness unresolved but no one is free to handle. Some centres like Toa Payoh are infested with cockroaches. My girl start to dislike going to school when taught by 倪老师, she always uses her handphone during lesson time and brush kids off. When accidents happen in class she is always not aware or not around.

Last edited:

Back