(2014) ivf mummies support group

Hello everyone. I was totally knock out since yesterday as in too tired to do anything. No bf for me yet as I am too weak to even lift myself. Today just manage to remove the urine bag and walk a bit very happy already. The hospital give me a binder and it is so much better wearing with a binder. My doc said at least Fri then I can discharge which I don't want. So I will try to really walk and try to poo out gas. Doc said no poo out gas cannot go back.
Btw baby u studio is at Thomson too so my girl is taking the studio photo today.

Thanks circle! Anyway I can't find durian near my house n weather so hot. I think I will be Heaty if I eat durian now. Haha!
So u reaLly work until the day u going to give birth? Not taking leave first?

Iwantahealthybaby, yap understand but tell urself if u stress will not do u any good too. Wah they change supplier so quickly not even month end. But good since u using enfamil at home?

Hmm i will stick to surname in front follow by dialect name then English name. But depends on ur preference if u want their registration no to be in front in school next time else it doesn't really matters hehe...

Lynn, glad to hear u recovering well :) Wow ur girl so fast take professional photo le

Kitkats, same here i think now not durian season so mb hard to get durians

Cheerywalnuts actually I think hard to say no stress hehehe. Trying to be positive. Hope Twinnies no prefer milk. Twinnies was given mamilgold 1st day and after that change to enfamil cause the nurse say just change milk supplier lol.

Bud how are u recovering? Still ok?

By the way ladies u all what preference when registering bb name? English name in front follow by surname and Chinese name or surname Chinese name follow by English name? I headache.

My boy name very simple leh only Christian name n surname nia haha

I haven't think of my boy name yet.. Going to chinese master there for name.
Christian name also didn't think.. I prefer let him grow up n choose himself..

For me, it's definitely gonna be [Christian name 1] [Christian name 2] [surname] [dialect name] [chinese name] coz we are Catholics so Christian name will come first.

We have thought of 2 Chinese names but can't decide which one to choose. Also very headache!

My preference is [surname, dialect name, Christian name]. easier when buying air tickets or handling travel docs.

but me haven shortlist names yet. maybe see baby then decide. Hahaha!

kitkats, yeah hoping to work until pop. want to finish as much of my project as I can. quite happy to work as long as physically I can tahan. altho feeling tired and sometimes will regret but it is also very fulfilling and happy at work. Sometimes very tempted to sleep more in bed. but only 3 weeks more with my team mates so wanna continue to piah with them... after that, can rest while waiting to dilate. I confirm take epi one. Hahaha!

Getting sooo tired and breathless. Don't really feel like working liao. Baby can come out already lolz...

I am back again, lynncandy fri Is the normal time to discharge. 4 days 3 nights. I am going to discharge tomorrow :) but then mix feelings. scare cannot handle at home.

I headache now I actually prefer (Christian name)(surname)(dialect) but dh prefer (surname)(dialect)(Christian name) then I don't know if I I should follow dh style cause its how I grow up too more traditional. but I scare bb don't like their Chinese name. aiyo headache.

Buddy is it normal for 4 days 3 nights? I only yesterday then manage to pee myself and walk. But wound pain right? I got put binder. I am still on drip not on food. Are you discharging only today? I can't bf as I have no strength to carry my baby as I have totally no food till today. Doc said I need to pass out gas then can let me eat. Don't know what's wrong with my system I can't pass out gas. hmmm.. my name is (Christian name)(surname)(dialet name). But my baby only got (surname)(Christian name) that's all.

Lynncandy me in fact after csec can eat already thou also on drip. Don't know the drip is antibiotics or glucose drip together. But my appetite didn change I can still eat normal in fact finish their meals they provide everytime. Tea time still can drink Milo. For me 2nd day I took out the catheter and walk I pee 2x already. They monitor my pee twice then after that don't need see already. As for gas they did ask me
Too and when they ask I haven't release any gas so they didn mention much. But I poo today. soft watery one. They got give me stool softener. U have? Even wear binder I tell u still pain when u walk. It's norm. Ya I think usual csec they say 3 days stay is count 3 nights. I'm discharging today. U tomorrow so is right don't worry. U mean till date u haven't eaten any solid food? They didn give or u no appetite eat? Maybe my docs see me eating well and walking n pee so they see not much prob with me.

The nurse just came and change my wound bandage then waiting all stuffs then can discharge

iwahb-does it hurt 2chg é bandages?? happy 2see u recoverin well...

lynn-tak good care yah, hope u get off é drip soon n enjoy é confinm food...

Nope it doesn't. The pain comes more when I get out of bed. Walk also pain. Sit on toilet bowl (bend) also pain. I cannot wear panties cause cannot bend so I get dh to wear for me everyday lol. Don't worry about not able to bath In hospital or dry shampoo I totally no use. Lolx. The pain is in fact more worst than epidural shot lol. But hope all this pain will subside soon. When u just sit and lie on bed it's ok. It only come when u move around.

I cannot eat as I never release gas so doc don't allow food. I just now finally manage to release gas and had my first meal after 3 days.
Oh regarding about pain, I change to my own disposable underwear from watson the cotton XL size one and put on my own stick on maternity pad. I cannot stand the tie string one. Yesterday after I can pee I just change my own pad more comfy. My pain still ok as in walk and blend to go toilet after a few practices. The only problem with pain I have is getting up from bed.
Buddy, I very lu ki never eat for so many days and is part of hospital stay charges. So good you can discharge today. Actually I don't mind staying in hospital as got nurses to take care of baby. I also cannot imagine if I can handle if I go home.

Oh kkh seems abit diff practice. Once I out from ot that day I was given meal even on catheter and no passing of gas. They only ask if I vomit anot. Can only drink after 6hrs then I remember. But they didn tell me no food. But they got keep asking me whether drink or eat did I vomit. Then as for the loop pads they help me wear and change during 1st day only. On 2nd day itself they use paper panties already with stick on pad. Kkh issue 2x10 pads one is the stick on and one is the loop ;) I cannot bend down to wear panties cause wound pain so at least u better than me. Getting out of bed also an issue. Over here got railing to aid I wonder go home already my bed no railing to support how...I am still waiting to be discharged! Now my worries is kkh bill lol. U Shld ask them to continue issue food let your dh eat. Cause like what u say eat no eat also charge already.

I also scare of my bill tomorrow as I got give baby do extra test like hearing test and metabolism test. Then today she got a bit of jaundice got to do treatment. I cannot imagine the bill also. Already paid 4k deposit when check in. Faint.

Those test not included? Mine also got do. They no ask me want do anot just do only. Think need to record in their health booklet. Yr girl need to shine light? Must give her drink more milk keep her hydrated. I still waiting to b discharged. Haven't receive documents from nurse. My bill won't know tdy cause they say sending to my house.

Those tests are optional. If never say they will just do the based test. My girl got to shine light. Poor her. I just had breast feeding classes finally after in bed and without food for so many days. I really cannot imagine my bill tomorrow so scary. I also just bought the milk powder hospital gave her as doc confirmed she suitable with that fm then I buy.

lynn-start eatin well more impt.. enjoy é confinm food.. heard their soup is nice.. tell us abt é final bill..

in mt a, u can only collect bb for discharge aft u show them receipt 4discharge pytm.. wonder if tmc is é same...

Whao like black mailing leh. Govt hospital better don't give u a shock when u going hm time. Let u happy happy go Back with bundle of joy le then shock u with the bill.

Don't worry much ur girl will be fine. The level not high right? What brand fm they using? Jiayou bud u can do it!

I'm home with the girls, they are sleeping now so I got time to come in. I cannot latch them yet both not cooperative or maybe I don't really get the right position :( now working on pump to pump out the milk. But not enough supplement with fm as well.

The brand is dunex mamil. I also got problem with bf, when want to bf then she sleeps.. Think when I discharge will have problem to handle too..
Btw Thomson very good. They conduct free class for us when we stay here and teach us how to shower or handle baby.

Last edited:
My princess don't know if can go home with me tomorrow as she still might need to stay longer for jaundice treatment. Shall see what the doc said. Today I am staying alone in the hospital as dh got to go back to work for an important meeting tomorrow.
The rest get ready, your turn is coming very soon. Hehe..

My friend who gave birth last Monday just warned me that her water bag burst when she had mild contraction. I have been having mild contraction on and off. Tomorrow will be my last day of work. November officially on ML.

Oh kkh seems abit diff practice. Once I out from ot that day I was given meal even on catheter and no passing of gas. They only ask if I vomit anot. Can only drink after 6hrs then I remember. But they didn tell me no food. But they got keep asking me whether drink or eat did I vomit. Then as for the loop pads they help me wear and change during 1st day only. On 2nd day itself they use paper panties already with stick on pad. Kkh issue 2x10 pads one is the stick on and one is the loop ;) I cannot bend down to wear panties cause wound pain so at least u better than me. Getting out of bed also an issue. Over here got railing to aid I wonder go home already my bed no railing to support how...I am still waiting to be discharged! Now my worries is kkh bill lol. U Shld ask them to continue issue food let your dh eat. Cause like what u say eat no eat also charge already.

Urs is Csect by Dr tan rite, mine emergency Csect payable only a few thousand the rest deduct by hub medisave. U still can eat after ur Csect not bad, I 2 days nv eat when I eat abit no appetite 2nd day I can eat n i keep ordering their papaya fish soup for every meal is so delicious haha...

Hi snow, I am under dr tan, June tan :) mine seems to be smooth throughout the whole operation to stay. So I don't know if all smooth smooth how much will bill adds up to. But one thing for sure they going charge me twice nursery rate cause two babies mah. Then the no. Of pkt of pampers they use also no tell us so I also don't know thruout my stay there how many just born huggies were used!

Ya in fact my 1st day right after operation I don't feel pain or giddy or anything. My friend visited me even say I doesn't look pale lol. He say mostly he go visit after birth lady face super pale but mine seems ok Haha. I wonder how much blood were lost during csec. I think couldn't have imagine. My theory is just eat watever they give, eat when u can, don't worry too much. Just eat and eat and eat lol.

Faithfully, great today is your last day of work and then rest day :) .
Buddy, good to just eat and eat. So far how is everything when you go back? I think of just pumping out milk to feed baby easier, what do you think? I a bit can't handle latch on as she is always sleeping on latch on.
The rest of the ladies. Ready for pop. I think many are reaching full term right? Do update us when you have popped.

Iwantahealthybaby, home sweet home for u n ur little princesses. How's ur little princesses first day at home? :D so did u carry one of them on the journey home or better to have someone to carry them both?

Lynn, dun worry ur princess will be fine :) can discharge with u today. Did the nurse advise on how to wake up the bb during latch?

Yes they did teach how to wake baby up but my baby just keeps sleeping haha. Think yesterday after jaundice treatment too tired.

Not used to handling two at same time especially at night. Waking up to get up from my bed is another nightmare cause unlike hospital bed got handle to support u can use your hand to get up.

Cheerywalnuts yesterday I carry one bb and mum carry one while dh carry all the barangs!! For bb, the pain of walking is lost for that moment lol.

Lynncandy I got problem latching too cause my two girls also sleep. Twin a u disturb still ok will wake again but concentration span less than 1min. Twin b sleep all the way. No matter how u disturb even the nurse keep disturbing she also don't want to wake. So currently I can only pump. But not a lot to feed both so I guess still must supplement. Only got 20-30ml fr combine boobs!!! Currently feeding 30ml to each bb so not enough for two mouths! Jaundice will make bb sleepy too so when ur bb recover from that I'm sure u can latch since she is of gd weight. Bigger easier to handle too. Let us know your hospital bill ya. I keep asking dh open letter box cause want to know exactly how much my bill.

Snow your hospital bill takes how long to reach u?

Hi snow, I am under dr tan, June tan :) mine seems to be smooth throughout the whole operation to stay. So I don't know if all smooth smooth how much will bill adds up to. But one thing for sure they going charge me twice nursery rate cause two babies mah. Then the no. Of pkt of pampers they use also no tell us so I also don't know thruout my stay there how many just born huggies were used!

Ya in fact my 1st day right after operation I don't feel pain or giddy or anything. My friend visited me even say I doesn't look pale lol. He say mostly he go visit after birth lady face super pale but mine seems ok Haha. I wonder how much blood were lost during csec. I think couldn't have imagine. My theory is just eat watever they give, eat when u can, don't worry too much. Just eat and eat and eat lol.

Is urs elective csect? Ur hub can be with u during the process? The Huggies pampers n wet wipe they let u bring home ma for the balance u didn bring back ar

I did bring home the huggies and wipes. They didn tell me can bring home but I just take home haha. But everyday they change new pkt they no inform haha so the number of pkt they open up I won't know really used up or what?

Yes my csec hubby is with me. That's elective csec?

Not used to handling two at same time especially at night. Waking up to get up from my bed is another nightmare cause unlike hospital bed got handle to support u can use your hand to get up.

Cheerywalnuts yesterday I carry one bb and mum carry one while dh carry all the barangs!! For bb, the pain of walking is lost for that moment lol.

Lynncandy I got problem latching too cause my two girls also sleep. Twin a u disturb still ok will wake again but concentration span less than 1min. Twin b sleep all the way. No matter how u disturb even the nurse keep disturbing she also don't want to wake. So currently I can only pump. But not a lot to feed both so I guess still must supplement. Only got 20-30ml fr combine boobs!!! Currently feeding 30ml to each bb so not enough for two mouths! Jaundice will make bb sleepy too so when ur bb recover from that I'm sure u can latch since she is of gd weight. Bigger easier to handle too. Let us know your hospital bill ya. I keep asking dh open letter box cause want to know exactly how much my bill.

Snow your hospital bill takes how long to reach u?

Mummy bill reach ard 2-3 weeks time then follow by bb bill in another week time. My hub colleague came visit mi also say I can sit up very good their wife muz lie in bed can't even get up of bed I 2nd day remove the Cathedral then go toilet pee try to shit but can't so since than keep walking frm bed to sofa n sit haha the nurse say every morning she came in always see me sitting at the sofa n I 2 days nv bath kana heat rash n I still carry bb n stand up for doc to check see can apply cream anot

I did bring home the huggies and wipes. They didn tell me can bring home but I just take home haha. But everyday they change new pkt they no inform haha so the number of pkt they open up I won't know really used up or what?

Yes my csec hubby is with me. That's elective csec?

Yup elective csect hub can be ard for my case is emergency csect so hub not ard eh I not sure if they open new pack or what I only know my bb bill I only need to pay $4 or $14 cash can't remember haha

I only know I keep sweating in my a1 ward. The aircon just doesn't seems cold enough but when bb room in with me cannot on too cold they don't like. So no choice. But I guess it's my own body too inside still heaty. Oh u mean the 1st bill that will be posted to us is not the final hospital bill for csec? Then that's for? Bb bill follow 1 week later is what bill? Their stay in nursery and the test they take during stay Isit?

I only know I keep sweating in my a1 ward. The aircon just doesn't seems cold enough but when bb room in with me cannot on too cold they don't like. So no choice. But I guess it's my own body too inside still heaty. Oh u mean the 1st bill that will be posted to us is not the final hospital bill for csec? Then that's for? Bb bill follow 1 week later is what bill? Their stay in nursery and the test they take during stay Isit?

Normal I oso keep on sweat is the water according to my sil I oso feel Aircon not cold haha u will receive the mummy bill first then follow by bb bill this 2 bill are separately issue not combine inside will indicate those test

Iwantahealthybaby, wow u very good still can carry n walk. I think the bill may take a wk or two since they will deduct from ur medisave then balance in cash. Did u open the cda account n settle the baby bonus before discharge? Done at birth registration?

Lynn dun worry too much of the bill. Bb charges can claim up to a cap of $450/day from medisave.

Last edited:
Thanks snow. So the bb bill can also use medisave Isit?

This is my bb bill

ImageUploadedByForum1414721318.182331.jpg

My friend who gave birth last Monday just warned me that her water bag burst when she had mild contraction. I have been having mild contraction on and off. Tomorrow will be my last day of work. November officially on ML.

Omg... ur post really scares me..

My contraction are pretty strong.. actually i feel them many times a day. But now i guai guai very very strict bedrest.

When i was admitted. My contractions were at the peak of the chart at every 2 min. The nurse told me this is like ppl 7cm dilated type of contractions..

I think i better pray hard hard.

I am discharge today but not my baby. Poor her don't know need to stay until when. I will miss her so much. Omg I am waiting for the bill now.. cannot imagine. . Somemore still got baby bill not yet billed.
Mschar, just got to really bedrest. Hang on there you are approaching the finish line soon. Just keep talking to your baby.
Buddy heard that every 3 hours just got to wake the baby up to change diaper and feeding. I am wondering we have to do this until when. .

I am discharge today but not my baby. Poor her don't know need to stay until when. I will miss her so much. Omg I am waiting for the bill now.. cannot imagine. . Somemore still got baby bill not yet billed.
Mschar, just got to really bedrest. Hang on there you are approaching the finish line soon. Just keep talking to your baby.
Buddy heard that every 3 hours just got to wake the baby up to change diaper and feeding. I am wondering we have to do this until when. .

Actually depends de I didn wake bb up at all the bb will auto cry n ask for milk

Thanks snow. So in end your bb bill only pay cash $14plus? Cause majority paid by medisave? Whao if 1k plus I also need 2-3k to pay two babies ward. Hope medisave helps a lot.

Lynncandy don't worry much if yr bb jaundice not high maybe tmr can discharge already. Rest well at home before bb come home. I also didn wake them up every 3hrs. I Just wait till they cry for milk then I feed thou a lot theory say don't wait till they cry but I realise if they not crying u wake them they also damn sleepy may not drink.

Cheerywalnuts don't know leh auto one when I stay there come down walk from bed to toilet I feel pain but when discharge time I carry baby walk from ward to taxi stand suddenly no pain Lolx. But I must say binder really helps ease so much of the pain. I haven't apply for any cda or baby bonus yet cause I haven't do birth cert lol. Going to calculate Chinese name so must wait when I got the name then ask dh go back do.

Thanks snow. So in end your bb bill only pay cash $14plus? Cause majority paid by medisave? Whao if 1k plus I also need 2-3k to pay two babies ward. Hope medisave helps a lot.

Lynncandy don't worry much if yr bb jaundice not high maybe tmr can discharge already. Rest well at home before bb come home. I also didn wake them up every 3hrs. I Just wait till they cry for milk then I feed thou a lot theory say don't wait till they cry but I realise if they not crying u wake them they also damn sleepy may not drink.

Cheerywalnuts don't know leh auto one when I stay there come down walk from bed to toilet I feel pain but when discharge time I carry baby walk from ward to taxi stand suddenly no pain Lolx. But I must say binder really helps ease so much of the pain. I haven't apply for any cda or baby bonus yet cause I haven't do birth cert lol. Going to calculate Chinese name so must wait when I got the name then ask dh go back do.

Yup cash only $14 for bb. For my bill I can't find duno throw to where Liao if manage to find then I post haha

I find that c sect babies are more sleepy than natural birth babies. My first one via c sect also a sleepy baby and she latched and drink poorly too for the first week or so...

Lynn - for jaundice babies, even if the levels are not high and when yr your bb can go home, try to feed more to your bb and sun her under morning sunlight...sometimes the jaundice levels may spike towards the later days...

I find that c sect babies are more sleepy than natural birth babies. My first one via c sect also a sleepy baby and she latched and drink poorly too for the first week or so...

Lynn - for jaundice babies, even if the levels are not high and when yr your bb can go home, try to feed more to your bb and sun her under morning sunlight...sometimes the jaundice levels may spike towards the later days...

Need to sun the bb meh my bb mild jaundice within 1 week clear liao nv do anything to it was told by my frien the pd told her no need to sun the bb coz make it more worse as long as the house got sunlight n air can already

Need to sun the bb meh my bb mild jaundice within 1 week clear liao nv do anything to it was told by my frien the pd told her no need to sun the bb coz make it more worse as long as the house got sunlight n air can already

maybe old school from my previous CL...

Back