any 35 and above trying for their first?

I'm doing fine oceandeep! Thanks.

In my opinion I would also think 6 months can be a drain for me, seeing no result. I hope you wont get to see that gynae. :)

Nope, seeing my regular gynae. She will be performing IVF for me in Jan if all goes well :)

oceandeep78, you are planning for ivf in the private or kkh/sgh/Nuh? I'm in the queue for ivf at sgh but they said likely to be in feb/mar as the wait list is very long. I did so-iui 3 (at private) times already but failed ;(

How are you preparing for ivf? Any tcm as well?

Hi-five kitty16, yup I will be doing my IVF in SGH. Oops I made a mistake. The nurse told me during the counseling session that the earliest to do is Feb but injections will start a month earlier. Yes very sian. Was very disappointed that I couldn't do this year end. I will now work hard to lose my excess weight and prep my body for those injections. Haiz actually a little scared of those injections cause it's gonna be more invasive than the SO-IUI I did before. Sorry to hear about your 3 failed so-iui. Did your gynae share anything with you? Where did you do it? I mentioned before in one of my old post that mine was done at raffles and I already knew it will fail. Well I have been doing acu but not sure if it's helping as it's been 6 months already and absolutely no results. How about yourself?

Hi-five kitty16, yup I will be doing my IVF in SGH. Oops I made a mistake. The nurse told me during the counseling session that the earliest to do is Feb but injections will start a month earlier. Yes very sian. Was very disappointed that I couldn't do this year end. I will now work hard to lose my excess weight and prep my body for those injections. Haiz actually a little scared of those injections cause it's gonna be more invasive than the SO-IUI I did before. Sorry to hear about your 3 failed so-iui. Did your gynae share anything with you? Where did you do it? I mentioned before in one of my old post that mine was done at raffles and I already knew it will fail. Well I have been doing acu but not sure if it's helping as it's been 6 months already and absolutely no results. How about yourself?
Why did u think ur SO iui will fail?

Hi oceandeep,
I did the iui at private clinic (mount e), and main reason is due to dh's Sperm quality. Maybe also work stress. (My work is quite stressful).
I'm also very scared of the ivf procedures :( but I guess no choice.
Who is your doctor at sgh? Mine is Dr Yu su ling.

Let's all jia you! And baby dusts to everyone here.

Hi oceandeep,
I did the iui at private clinic (mount e), and main reason is due to dh's Sperm quality. Maybe also work stress. (My work is quite stressful).

Can share what were ur hb numbers? Mine also have bad sperm

Hi oceandeep,

Hi kitty16,
My doc is Dr Yong. So you have attended the IVF counseling?
Yes, let's jiayou tog and hope for a positive outcome!!

Ya I attended the counselling many months ago but decided to chicken out the ivf and instead went to private to do iui (that was the 3 times iui ago). So now back in queue for ivf.

Am now waiting for AF to come for day 2 scanning. But it is very frustrating, today is already cd 45 and no AF and certainly still bfn (I confirmed this). My cycle had never been so long. My system is really going hay wire. Sian.

Any reason for not doing iui in restructured hospital?
Do you have any appt to see your gynae? Must flag it out to her. Hmm anything you did which caused your period to be so delayed?

I did the iui at private cos I knew the doctor quite well. The queue is fast and service is very good. ;( many people succeed from this doctor (Dr Charles lim from mount e but just not for me. He is really a good doctor. Too bad for me ) but he suggested that it could be a combination of sperm and egg conditions.

I also am very comfortable with Dr Yu at sgh. But Her queue is very long. ;(

I have no idea why this cycle now is so long. Work is as per normal, I even went for a short trip with dh and supposed to be more relaxing ? I took more peppermint tea but it was supposed to help in cycle. I really dunno

I did the iui at private cos I knew the doctor quite well. The queue is fast and service is very good. ;( many people succeed from this doctor (Dr Charles lim from mount e but just not for me. He is really a good doctor. Too bad for me ) but he suggested that it could be a combination of sperm and egg conditions.

I also am very comfortable with Dr Yu at sgh. But Her queue is very long. ;(

I have no idea why this cycle now is so long. Work is as per normal, I even went for a short trip with dh and supposed to be more relaxing ? I took more peppermint tea but it was supposed to help in cycle. I really dunno

Hmm you mean you didn't do any scan or blood test to check on you egg quality and what about your dh? Did he do any SA test? Was just puzzled by the doc's reply. Yes. Dr Yu is a good doc I heard and not sure why I didn't choose her at first. I can only hope my gynae is just as good.

Not sure how peppermint tea helps but I have been avoiding all kinds of tea since I started this TTC journey.

Haiz, today really very moody and lost the whole time. Very upset to see the spotting. I am still praying hard for a miracle to happen this year and disappointed time after time. Sob Sob.

Hmm you mean you didn't do any scan or blood test to check on you egg quality and what about your dh? Did he do any SA test? Was just puzzled by the doc's reply. Yes. Dr Yu is a good doc I heard and not sure why I didn't choose her at first. I can only hope my gynae is just as good.

Not sure how peppermint tea helps but I have been avoiding all kinds of tea since I started this TTC journey.

Haiz, today really very moody and lost the whole time. Very upset to see the spotting. I am still praying hard for a miracle to happen this year and disappointed time after time. Sob Sob.
Hugs babe. I go through that emo cycle every month esp when I know AF is coming. Very very sucky feeling. Hang in there!

Thanks lemon tart! Yes only ppl who go through this feel the pain. I am already old and really hope I don't have to wait too long. Can really feel energy level dropping drastically. Left with 2 more cycles before the year closes. Let's all Jia you and pray for miracle!

Thanks lemon tart! Yes only ppl who go through this feel the pain. I am already old and really hope I don't have to wait too long. Can really feel energy level dropping drastically. Left with 2 more cycles before the year closes. Let's all Jia you and pray for miracle!
I also admit I am old already! Although I see many of my friends PPP babies like pop corn, from this forum I know that it really is not that easy. Many of us facing this together.

My AF is here. After 16 days delayed. ;( sad. Well at least now I can start to focus on my ivf. Going to day 2-4 scan soon.

Let's all jia you!

Hi chubby
Long time no hear! Wow happy to read that u did your SO-IUI recently. How do you feel so far and which hospital did you do the procedure?
Lots of luck and best wishes for you!
Hi oceandeep .. Ya I'm back with one failed SO-IUI.. Spotting with brown discharge which means AF is on it's way ... Sigh .. Sianz.

Hi oceandeep .. Ya I'm back with one failed SO-IUI.. Spotting with brown discharge which means AF is on it's way ... Sigh .. Sianz.
Hi Chubby1314
Don't feel too disheartened. I know is easier said than done. I am also struggling here and not paying attention to my diet though I have embarked on some exercise. Have you considered IVF?

Hi Chubby1314
Don't feel too disheartened. I know is easier said than done. I am also struggling here and not paying attention to my diet though I have embarked on some exercise. Have you considered IVF?

Yup, will consider IVF. Will discuss with dr first on my review appt...how about you? What is your plan?

I did 2 so-iui & 1 fresh ivf in 2012, 1 Fet in 2013 with kkh. All fail.
Decided to give a last shot n chg to pte gynae for IVF. However, was aadvise to do so-iui instead. I visited the gynae on 5 July. Without any prep, start my stim on 23 Jul. N am now preg at 14 weeks. (@ 37 yo)
My experience is, the more prepared we are, it juz wun come. Somehow baby comes at our least expected. So to all, pls dun give up. Eat healthily, not juz you but hubby to cooperate too. Sufficient water intake is also key to successful procedure.

Last edited:
Decided to give a last shot n chg to pte gynae for IVF. However, was aadvise to do so-iui instead. I visited the gynae on 5 July. Without any prep, start my stim on 23 Jul. N am now preg at 14 weeks. (@ 37 yo)
My experience is, the more prepared we are, it juz wun come. Somehow baby comes at our least expected. So to all, pls dun give up. Eat healthily, not juz you but hubby to cooperate too. Sufficient water intake is also key to successful procedure.
Lynx_sea,just reaslised i am same age as u! :)

Congratulations!! Can share ur process for so iui? Which day stim and which day trigger? And who is that pvte gynae?

Background:
- Did all test prior to my past procedures at KKH
- After all failed procedures, KKH Dr advised me to try endo scratching to improve my chance of conceiving for next procedure. However I did not go ahead. (Thinking back since I BFP, I feel Dr juz trial & error on us)
- After my last FET failure, decided to have a change of hand & visit a Pte Gynae (Prof Ng Soon Chye - a pioneer in fertility treatment. You can read more of him when you google his name)
5 Jul:
- 1st Appt, I bring along all my hb & my past test result for his records
- We were asked to go for detail blood test. Hubby to do SA on his Sperm DNA; myself to check on my ovarian reserves.
- We were asked to buy supplements from the clinic (@ $115/bottle-HB to improve his sperm quality; Myself to improve eggs I supp)
23 Jul:
- 2nd Appt scheduled for review of blood test result (oso happened to be my 2nd day menses)
- All test result is normal & my ovarian reserves high for my age
- Dr prefers that I do IUI as its not necessary to do IVF.
(Was hesitant as I fail IUI twice but he thinks I shd go for the 3rd round. Also I've plan for holiday in Sep. What happen if I BFP? But since I failed so many times, I tot I won't be so lucky)
- My Stim started there & then since its my 2nd day menses & Dr said might as well start stim & not wait longer. (Was on Gonal F jab)
30 Jul:
- To clinic to do 1st ultrasound scan to chk on follicles size (total of 7 follicles which I am shocked coz I understand in KKH only max 2-3 follicles as they didn't wanna over-stimulate in case of multiple birth)
1 Aug:
- To clinic to do 2nd ultrasound scan to chk on follicles size
- Took Pregnyl (HCG) jab to trigger ovulation as I cldn't ovulate on my own
2 Aug:
- Reach Clinic at 10am to provide hb sperm for washing & preparation
- Back for procedure at 12pm. Insert sperm into uterus for natural fertilization
16 Aug:
- 2WW finally over. Did Blood test to chk if I conceive
18 Aug:
- Received clinic call to tell me its a "Positive"
- Gotta reach clinic on same day to collect necessary supplements, preg support & jab

Conclusion:
- After several failures in IUI/IVF/FET, I take this IUI quite light heartedly. (NO STRESS!)
- I learn that things happen at your least expected. B'cos I used to prep & get all my things done b4 each treatment.
- I believe more follicles growth at Pte also help me to secure higher chance of conceiving.
- Prior this IUI, my hb has changed his habit & started to drink 3-4 cups water every morning.
(read tat sperm need enuff fluid in body so that they dun clump 2gether & can swim freely. Btw, my hb sperm problem is due to irregular shapes)
- Myself, I usually take antioxidant food eg. tomatoes
(read that our eggs are made up of cells. We need to keep our cells young & healthy so feed them with free radical food)

Last edited:
Background:
- Did all test prior to my past procedures at KKH
- After all failed procedures, KKH Dr advised me to try endo scratching to improve my chance of conceiving for next procedure. However I did not go ahead. (Thinking back since I BFP, I feel Dr juz trial & error on us)
- After my last FET failure, decided to have a change of hand & visit a Pte Gynae (Prof Ng Soon Chye - a pioneer in fertility treatment. You can read more of him when you google his name)
5 Jul:
- 1st Appt, I bring along all my hb & my past test result for his records
- We were asked to go for detail blood test. Hubby to do SA on his Sperm DNA; myself to check on my ovarian reserves.
- We were asked to buy supplements from the clinic (@ $115/bottle-HB to improve his sperm quality; Myself to improve eggs I supp)
23 Jul:
- 2nd Appt scheduled for review of blood test result (oso happened to be my 2nd day menses)
- All test result is normal & my ovarian reserves high for my age
- Dr prefers that I do IUI as its not necessary to do IVF.
(Was hesitant as I fail IUI twice but he thinks I shd go for the 3rd round. Also I've plan for holiday in Sep. What happen if I BFP? But since I failed so many times, I tot I won't be so lucky)
- My Stim started there & then since its my 2nd day menses & Dr said might as well start stim & not wait longer. (Was on Gonal F jab)
30 Jul:
- To clinic to do 1st ultrasound scan to chk on follicles size (total of 7 follicles which I am shocked coz I understand in KKH only max 2-3 follicles as they didn't wanna over-stimulate in case of multiple birth)
1 Aug:
- To clinic to do 2nd ultrasound scan to chk on follicles size
- Took Pregnyl (HCG) jab to trigger ovulation as I cldn't ovulate on my own
2 Aug:
- Reach Clinic at 10am to provide hb sperm for washing & preparation
- Back for procedure at 12pm. Insert sperm into uterus for natural fertilization
16 Aug:
- 2WW finally over. Did Blood test to chk if I conceive
18 Aug:
- Received clinic call to tell me its a "Positive"
- Gotta reach clinic on same day to collect necessary supplements, preg support & jab

Conclusion:
- After several failures in IUI/IVF/FET, I take this IUI quite light heartedly. (NO STRESS!)
- I learn that things happen at your least expected. B'cos I tried to prep & get all my things done b4 each treatment.
- I believe more follicles growth at Pte also help me to secure higher chance of conceiving.
- Prior this IUI, my hb has changed his habit & started to drink 3-4 cups water every morning.
(read tat sperm need enuff fluid in body so that they dun clump 2gether & can swim freely)
- Myself, I usually take antioxidant food eg. tomatoes
(read that our eggs are made up of cells. We need to keep our cells young & healthy so feed them with free radical food)

impressive. U only took supplements for 1 mth prior iui n it works!prof told me supplements need to take 3 mths to take effect. Anyway,i am happy for u lynx_sea. Njoy yr motherhood :)

Thks Connie. Think its luck & oso timing bah. Tried so many times oso dun have. Really wanna give up oredi.
I believe diet plays an impt role. Do look into that. Btw, I read abt wild rocket salad too that aid fertility. Prior & during stim. I eat that.

Hi, I'm new here. :)

A bit of background abt myself - My husband is turning 36 and I turn 35 in Dec. We got married at the beginning of the year and because of our ages, we decided to start trying immediately. But it has not been successful. I have hypothyroid but under control. I thot maybe it may be affecting my ability to conceive. My doc said shouldn't be cos it has been under control for some time and my menses cycle is very regular.

Anw, my doc still referred me to KKH for further tests. Surprisingly, did not wait long for appt. My husband's SA results were quite good except for the morphology but doc said it's a common problem and we should not be overly concerned cos he still has a good number of good sperms and it only takes one good sperm to conceive. I went through blood tests and HSG scan and all results also came back very good, apparently also very good egg reserves.

KKH is now recommending IUI to us as the next step cos the infertility is unexplained. Also, as time passes, egg reserves will be lower so she said it's better that we consider IUI now. We have an appt for the briefing at the KKIVF centre this coming week and then it's gonna be IUI for this coming cycle. I read up on the procedure and the risks and frankly very nervous about it. But at the same time, my biological clock is ticking away. 2 of my close friends are now pregnant and it's quite sad that I'm having so much difficulty conceiving. :( Meanwhile, menses is due next week. Am still hoping for a miracle that maybe this cycle we were successful and don't need to go thru IUI.

Not gonna try iui again? Or u already tried several times?
Hi Chloe, my doc advised us that we should do only one time SO-IUI and then proceed to IVF. Not sure whether there will be any changes in our next doc visit. Just feel sianz sianz sianz...

Good luck to your IUI, franch. What are the complications are you referring to for IUI? So far so many ladies did IUI and there’s no complications le. Hee don’t read too much into the internet.

Both your stats sound good. So IUI will be quite suitable.. Morever you just had your HSG done which has helped cleared the pipes! So traffic will be smoothie there.

Now coming to Nov and I see that it has been since 2 years since no bfp (my 2 bfps were in 2012 ended in MC). How times flies in this roller coaster ride.

Congrat! Lynx_sea... Do take care ya !

Thks chubby. You jiayou ya.
Btw, which Dr or hosp u seeing? Is there any reason y they advise 1 failed iui n proceed to ivf?
Was told to try at least 3xs wor.

Hi, I'm new here. :)

A bit of background abt myself - My husband is turning 36 and I turn 35 in Dec. We got married at the beginning of the year and because of our ages, we decided to start trying immediately. But it has not been successful. I have hypothyroid but under control. I thot maybe it may be affecting my ability to conceive. My doc said shouldn't be cos it has been under control for some time and my menses cycle is very regular.

Anw, my doc still referred me to KKH for further tests. Surprisingly, did not wait long for appt. My husband's SA results were quite good except for the morphology but doc said it's a common problem and we should not be overly concerned cos he still has a good number of good sperms and it only takes one good sperm to conceive. I went through blood tests and HSG scan and all results also came back very good, apparently also very good egg reserves.

KKH is now recommending IUI to us as the next step cos the infertility is unexplained. Also, as time passes, egg reserves will be lower so she said it's better that we consider IUI now. We have an appt for the briefing at the KKIVF centre this coming week and then it's gonna be IUI for this coming cycle. I read up on the procedure and the risks and frankly very nervous about it. But at the same time, my biological clock is ticking away. 2 of my close friends are now pregnant and it's quite sad that I'm having so much difficulty conceiving. :( Meanwhile, menses is due next week. Am still hoping for a miracle that maybe this cycle we were successful and don't need to go thru IUI.
Hi franch, aim straight to your baby and move steadily to it and wishing you the best of luck. Hope to hear good news from you.

Good luck to your IUI, franch. What are the complications are you referring to for IUI? So far so many ladies did IUI and there’s no complications le. Hee don’t read too much into the internet.

Both your stats sound good. So IUI will be quite suitable.. Morever you just had your HSG done which has helped cleared the pipes! So traffic will be smoothie there.

Now coming to Nov and I see that it has been since 2 years since no bfp (my 2 bfps were in 2012 ended in MC). How times flies in this roller coaster ride.
Sis Redvel, don't give up ya..... U have managed well during these 2 years of roller coaster.....

Thks chubby. You jiayou ya.
Btw, which Dr or hosp u seeing? Is there any reason y they advise 1 failed iui n proceed to ivf?
Was told to try at least 3xs wor.
Thanks for the concern dear. Mine is Dr Matthew Lau from KKH. Because of my egg reserve is low.. May I know which supplement that your doc prescribed to you to improve the egg counts and quality?

Thanks Chubby1314. We all have rode and still riding this roller coaster. Just enjoy the wind while we can.

Last edited:
Thanks for the concern dear. Mine is Dr Matthew Lau from KKH. Because of my egg reserve is low.. May I know which supplement that your doc prescribed to you to improve the egg counts and quality?

Its their in-house supplements which can't be bought outside.
Content for supplement - Ovarian Health as follows:
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 500 mg
- Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 1000 IU
- Folate 800 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) 100 mcg
- CoQ-10 100 mg
I believe supplement is to improve our eggs' health.
Hubby one, I can't remember the ingredient le. Think got selenium, vit c, zinc etc . Its called Vigor Health.

I seen a couple walked in to the clinic to purchase the supplement before & overheard conversation that the supplement give the husband energy & not so tired. So she is back to replenish stock.

Hi Chloe, my doc advised us that we should do only one time SO-IUI and then proceed to IVF. Not sure whether there will be any changes in our next doc visit. Just feel sianz sianz sianz...
What's the reason? I tot some pple do it up to 3x

Thks Connie. Think its luck & oso timing bah. Tried so many times oso dun have. Really wanna give up oredi.
I believe diet plays an impt role. Do look into that. Btw, I read abt wild rocket salad too that aid fertility. Prior & during stim. I eat that.
Wow so pvte hosp maybe better for iui cuz they tend to be less conservative abt multiples and based on ur description the protocol varies as well.

Wow so pvte hosp maybe better for iui cuz they tend to be less conservative abt multiples and based on ur description the protocol varies as well.
Chloe, My hubby oso asked the dr this qns. We tried IUI and IVF at KKH but why we see him once and out of expectation succeeded?
Dr did mentioned sthg like govt hosp has stricter protocol to follow. I remember when I did IUI at KKH, I only had 2 follicles which hosp wanna play safe in case of multiple birth whereas Pte I got 7 follicles. Maybe this helps to increase the chance of conceiving.

Last edited:

Chloe, My hubby oso asked the dr this qns. We tried IUI and IVF at KKH but why we see him once and out of expectation succeeded?
Dr did mentioned sthg like govt hosp has stricter protocol to follow. I remember when I did IUI at KKH, I only had 2 follicles which hosp wanna play safe in case of multiple birth whereas Pte I got 7 follicles. Maybe this helps to increase the chance of conceiving.
Pvte dr do SO iui can claim medisave? Can ask how much u paid in total with dr Ng? If I fail my iui at nuh I'll go pvte!

Back