IVF/ICSI Support Group

I mean I'm affected knowing I likely won't get pay increment this year. But have to tell ourselves we need to do our best for ivf as it's more tough than achieving kpi! I tried to stay as stress free as possible during ivf. Now that it's over, I will catch up on work and get things back in place.

Don't think too far. Take a step at a time and focus on what's most important now. Although I didn't succeed in my ivf, I still think it's important to stay positive that every ivf cycle can be good. No point doing something which we keep thinking it will fail. That's just what I think la.
Yah agree that have to stay positive

Hi ellesie. Was yr no#1 natural conceive?
Yes. Actually I conceive until I din know cos it was after my 2nd aborted fresh cycle and waiting for my 3rd fresh. Then I keep feeling af is coming but 2 weeks still din come. So go to tcm to get meds to induce af. Took med on 2nd day, suddenly want to test n bingo. Lucky its tcm so e meds din harm the bb :)

Yes. Actually I conceive until I din know cos it was after my 2nd aborted fresh cycle and waiting for my 3rd fresh. Then I keep feeling af is coming but 2 weeks still din come. So go to tcm to get meds to induce af. Took med on 2nd day, suddenly want to test n bingo. Lucky its tcm so e meds din harm the bb :)
Hmm ok, just curious that since u managed to conceive naturally the first time, why you chose ivf now? I believe yr embryos are of top quality!

Ladies if there is no one to bring u home will they allow us to stay at the lounge or do they need to ward us?

I supposed it depends on whether you are fit to leave the hospital or need longer observation. For me, the nurses let me rest on the bed for ard 3+ hours cos I was unwell. It's a section near to the OT with ard 8 beds.

I thought it's kkh's policy that it's compulsory for the patient to be accompanied by another person after ER, it's stated in one of the docs. However, I've no idea how they mandate that. But the nurses did ask me if I've someone accompanying me home before discharging me.

Yes. Had my test today. Hcg at 400plus. Need to continue all the support n redo blood test on friday.

Congrats dear. Happy to hear and grab ur bb dust. Haha
Btw, i thought 400+ is pretty good alr, still need to retake blood test ahh? Are u with private? Cos from what I read don't think kkh will ask to retake blood test unless levels are low so retake in 48hrs to make sure levels double up.

How old is ur #1 now? She must be very thrilled ☺

Thanks, hopeful 13
Thanks, whmc
Thanks, old aunty
Bbfanatic, I spend half of my life ttc-ing. It takes me 8 yrs to get my #1. She's a miracle bb to me.
Dramaqueenie, yes im with private. I dunno too why maybe my progesterone is on the low side so they just want to confirm. I also need to continue my 2ww support until 10th week. I was so shocked. Cos it means continue progesterone jab 3x a week, insert twice a day and 2 types of oral med 4x a day until 10th week. Sigh

My #1 is 4 this year. She has been requesting for a brother since she was 3. She was very excited but Im scared to disappoint her at the same time

Oh my #1 is also 4! She is July'2010 baby. when e baby arrives, maybe she will be close to 5? It's a gd age I think, she will be mommy little helper

Rest ur faith in God k. Here's wishing u a sticky, healthy n safe pregnancy. All the best ya. Jiayou jiayou!!

Thanks, hopeful 13
Thanks, whmc
Thanks, old aunty
Bbfanatic, I spend half of my life ttc-ing. It takes me 8 yrs to get my #1. She's a miracle bb to me.
Dramaqueenie, yes im with private. I dunno too why maybe my progesterone is on the low side so they just want to confirm. I also need to continue my 2ww support until 10th week. I was so shocked. Cos it means continue progesterone jab 3x a week, insert twice a day and 2 types of oral med 4x a day until 10th week. Sigh

Jiayou alright. I'm sure it's tough with all these supports but if they help to ensure a healthy n smooth pregnancy then all these efforts are worth it ya. Don't forget to continue ur folic n multi vits too. Cheers

Oh my #1 is also 4! She is July'2010 baby. when e baby arrives, maybe she will be close to 5? It's a gd age I think, she will be mommy little helper

Rest ur faith in God k. Here's wishing u a sticky, healthy n safe pregnancy. All the best ya. Jiayou jiayou!!
Wat a coincidence. Mine is sep'10 bb. Ya, she's quite matured for her age. Ya, will keep on holding on. Thanks a lot
Lynhope, thanks.

Ladies just finish my ER... 10 retrieved not sure if it is a good number... Taking on sedation quite well... In like more awake then when I'm in the morning... Weird right... Lord willing my transfer is on sat...

Ladies just finish my ER... 10 retrieved not sure if it is a good number... Taking on sedation quite well... In like more awake then when I'm in the morning... Weird right... Lord willing my transfer is on sat...
hopeful, 10 is a good no. we only need 1 :) up your protein and isotonic drink to prepare yourself for the ET. jy jy..

Congratulation ellesie! Everything will b fine. Grabbing your baby dust !
Can we take chicken essence during 2 weeks!?
This is my second fresh. Today is 6dp2wt :)

Congrats ellesie, grabbing your baby dust.
Can I ask you if you are really symptomless? No bloated, no cramp, no nothing?

Don't worry. 10 is not bad! All the best! Hope u will have many fertilized eggs and good grade embryos: )

Hello ladies, I went to my first day of scanning after 6 days of stimulation. Scan results are better when compared to my previous cycle. Lining 5.8 and around 8 folicles size 10,9,8 and 6. But I was wondering that while scanning they mentioned few folicles are hazzy I asked about that in discussion room and they said they r appearing hazzy and not a problem. Asked me to come again for scanning tomorrow. Did anyone also experienced hazzy follicles?

Hearty Congrats to you @ellesie ! My HCG level was around 333 but KKH never bothered to repeat the blood test for me, just scheduled me for first ultrasound 4 weeks later. So I believe you're in good hands. May your baby dust spread to all the ladies here!

Talking about taking leave for scans, informing colleagues and job appraisal, I'm very lucky as my office is across the road from KKH, like a 5 min walk. I go in for the scan ard 9-ish and am usually done ard lunch time, so I'll ask the nurse for an excuse chit (no need for doc's signature) and I can get back to work for the 2nd half of the day. If I'm feeling tired, I'll ask the doc for MC for the day. For work exigency reasons, I informed my two immediate bosses about the IVF so that they know why I need to disappear for 3 mornings a week at times. Didn't tell my other colleagues anything except not to touch the stims that I need to put in the office fridge; they were also sensitive enuff not to pry and ask questions. As for appraisal, my bosses were fully supportive of the time off I needed for IVF but they already informed me that my appraisal would be affected, to be "fair" to other colleagues. No choice lor, this is the sacrifice I must make on the path to motherhood. In fact, IVF or no IVF, virtually all mummies in my workplace complained they got poor appraisals during their pregnancies and maternity leave.

Hello ladies, I went to my first day of scanning after 6 days of stimulation. Scan results are better when compared to my previous cycle. Lining 5.8 and around 8 folicles size 10,9,8 and 6. But I was wondering that while scanning they mentioned few folicles are hazzy I asked about that in discussion room and they said they r appearing hazzy and not a problem. Asked me to come again for scanning tomorrow. Did anyone also experienced hazzy follicles?

During my day 9 scan there are 2 follicles that are hazy too. The doc says that might be due to constipation that the ovary is pressed upon and dismissed it. There are other report which says that hazy follicles could be because oocyte was already released due to ovulation but this is unlikely the case as we have blocking injection. So no worries :)

Hazy means about to ovulate..

Hopeful still and rachelt thank u for replying. Those hazy eggs r measuring only 10 to 9 and y they r going to mature so fast? Any idea? If they r going to ovulate then by the time of retrival they will be not available?

Hi anamika87

I am in my 2ww now.... When I had my scans, it was also mentioned hazy.. It bothered me too but I didn't check with the doc on this.. Anyhow... I had 9 eggs retrieved out of my 11 follicles... So do not worry too much ya... And look forward to the rest of the cycle... This might be the one : )

Was your stomach bloated?
Not really. im not sure whether I keep feeling hungry and keep on eating, tats y no bloatedness. I notice if I walk more or stand for a while, I will have mild cramp. The nurse told me I shud feel bloated instead of cramp. Cramp means low progesterone. Tats y im quite worried also

Hi ladies, first timer in dis thread. Wanna ask some qns,hope someone could enlighten me...

I had 2 mcs b4 (1st in 06/2013,2nd is jus dis mth). Aft all the test done due to recurrent mcs, doc rule out tt its due to my hus's sperm motility. Would like to noe is there any ways to improve? Or shld i just go straight to IVF? My age is 24, while my hus is 39..
Could someone pls share some advice wif me? TIA :)

Hi ladies, first timer in dis thread. Wanna ask some qns,hope someone could enlighten me...

I had 2 mcs b4 (1st in 06/2013,2nd is jus dis mth). Aft all the test done due to recurrent mcs, doc rule out tt its due to my hus's sperm motility. Would like to noe is there any ways to improve? Or shld i just go straight to IVF? My age is 24, while my hus is 39..
Could someone pls share some advice wif me? TIA :)
dear stephenie,
sorry to hear about your 2 miscarriages ..
one consolation- u r still ver young
in my opinion, u should first try go for all tests available under recommendation of your gynae, to find out possible cause of miscarriage. it seems that u have no problem getting pregnant ,only difficulty in carrying the baby to full term.
I will not go straight to ivf as it is more for ladies that have difficulties getting pregnant or older ladies wanting to get pregnant.
ivf assist in conception but u r fertile . it should be last resort as no point subjecting your body to 'ivf abuse'-injections , hormones etc..these are no good for your body

I hv done all the recurrent miscarriage blood profile n my hus has also done his SA..doc conclude his sperm motility is onli 1% which is low...is vit C n E able to improve? For me myself,i hv cut down on cold drinks n been drinkin longan red dates drink n wearin socks at nite..i dun dare to try agn cos i m afraid of the recurrent miscarriage.

Thanks! But the 2ww is really such a torture. 6Dp2dt today, dunno when is a good time to test.

I can imagine the struggle... Are u back to work already? I reckon if there is something to occupy us then we won't think so much

Lord willing my ET will be tmr!!! Then I'm planning half day leave for the rest of next week just to balance work n rest... Will see how it work out:)

Hi Jieqi66, thx for the advice..will c dr tan hh on nov n c hw it goes. If he say can b improve mayb i will try naturally cos if doin ivf i tink i wont b able to wrk..dun dare to keep missing from wrk

Thanks! But the 2ww is really such a torture. 6Dp2dt today, dunno when is a good time to test.

Same here!! Such a torture. It's like I can have a bit of symptoms like bloatedness or cramps But the next day it will be gone.

Gooie, u have any symptoms so far?

I know I shouldnt be reading too much Into the symptoms But it's so tough: p
I'm gg back to work on Mon n I have tons of work waiting for me so I Hope that can distract me: )

Back