(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

My hubby also dun like the idea of sleep yao lan.We just let her sleep with confinement lady on the bed.The challenge will come when bb knows how to turn and flip.heard from some that bb might fall from bed...
Yes. I don't like the idea of sleeping in yao lan too coz I feel that it's another bad habit that will need time to wean off when baby is older. I latched my first LO til he was 18 months. I had to wean him off coz I was pregnant. He cried for a week b4 he finally took FM at night then he fell sick the following week. Then when he turned 2 years old I wanted him to wean off pacifier... he cried for 5 nights. Then he relied more on me to fall asleep. I must be beside him whenever he wakes up in the middle of the night.

@littlebeemama Thanks!

How about any ways to treat colic? My girl has been crying non stop every night for 3 to 5 hours. And only stops when i nurse her. Once i stop feeding she will cry again. And after every feed she will vomit even after burping her.
Sorry my first LO din have colic so I'm not sure. You can try what other mummies suggested. :)

My #2 is easy since infant can almost sleep on anywhere until 5mo getting difficult to fall asleep so I decided to get yaolan after many restless nights. Usually I'll place her to bed after deep asleep in yaolan.

For pacifier, my #1 easily wean off when she went to CC. She just find it embarrassing to still suck pacifier in public. Soon after she also wean off milk.

Yaolan or not, pacifier or not. Are just an option. To me a happy baby = a happy mummy. Happy parenting ya :)

Ya... he weaned off pacifier by himself in cc but at home he was relying on it heavily on comfort. anyway now without the pacifier he will just hold random things to sleep which I think it's better coz they cab be found anywhere anytime

Mine too...She was like looking around or staring in the air... But I just leave her there cos a lot people say dun keep carrying.she will be spoilt and want to keep carrying

Kitty will yours make a lot of noise when left alone? Mine will whine a while then quiet. Whine or cry for attention. Refuse to sleep. Sometimes good will lay there for a good 15 min.

It will be good that they can lie on the cot and self entertain . Mine will cry and I will leave her alone to whine for a while before going to her

Mine too.. mine like to practice his kungfu.. then like stretching himself.. whine and cry for attention too.. he can don't sleep like hours.. don't know what to do too

Actually I will carry my baby more. Esp if he makes noises or fusses, cos there's a study there if you attend to their needs they will actually grow to be more independent and other stuff. I forgot where I read it though... I will go find the article later?

I think it's the elder folks that think that when we keep carrying we will spoil the child but I don't think it's true lah. It's our motherly instinct and nature to want to attend to our child. Just maybe for example, don't rock the baby to sleep unnecessarily, then it becomes a habit. Then when he or she becomes heavier, you're in trouble hahaha.

My 5 cents worth? :)

Sleepless night. After drinking milk, 1.5hr later still not aslp , sometime cry for more milk when he just had it 1hr plus ago.
What to do? Give milk?

Sleepless night. After drinking milk, 1.5hr later still not aslp , sometime cry for more milk when he just had it 1hr plus ago.
What to do? Give milk?
I will give milk if he keeps opening his mouth & turning his head like looking for milk. Else did u check his diaper? Or is the room temperature too hot or cold??

Mommies, can share what do you do with your bb when they are not sleeping / feeding? I see mine like v bored lying in the cot.

Haha.. is this your 1st child? Just let baby 'explore' themselves by lying there, if can doze off is the best. By 3mo like that they'll react better with interaction or stimulation. By then I'll give toys to grab, sing to baby.

For now pls grab more rest, mummy.

Last edited:
My baby too.. 10days old already. She will wake up feed, sleep for 2hours wake up feed sleep another 2hours. Only after 2am she will not fall asleep, lying on her bed and look ard.. Then ard 10mins later cry, then wanna feed again.. I notice my baby only wanna nurse when she cry.. After feeding, she will sleep for hours. Anyone has a time table for looking after you LO? Because I feel like I'm always either nursing or resting.. No time to do other things

Haha.. is this your 1st child? Just let baby 'explore' themselves by lying there, if can doze off is the best. By 3mo like that they'll react better with interaction or stimulation. By then I'll give toys to grab, sing to baby.

For now pls grab more rest, mummy.
No lah not first. First taken care by my mom. Watching tv with her everyday. Now I on my own so clueless of what I can do. Lol

Mine too...She was like looking around or staring in the air... But I just leave her there cos a lot people say dun keep carrying.she will be spoilt and want to keep carrying

Some babies are easy, can just doze off themselve like my #2 and I seldom carry her. But my #3 is pretty fussy always want carry to sleep. Tired hands... so mummy if your baby can quietly rest there is good.

Vivian, don't think there is a timetable yet at this early stage. But from your description, seems like your bb drink a lot! Or she only looking for "comfort" milk before she doze off? Some bb are like that. No milk can't sleep.

My baby too.. 10days old already. She will wake up feed, sleep for 2hours wake up feed sleep another 2hours. Only after 2am she will not fall asleep, lying on her bed and look ard.. Then ard 10mins later cry, then wanna feed again.. I notice my baby only wanna nurse when she cry.. After feeding, she will sleep for hours. Anyone has a time table for looking after you LO? Because I feel like I'm always either nursing or resting.. No time to do other things
Sound like your baby is not satisfy, do you have enough supply for her or her appetite is small so need frequent feed? 3hours interval shld be a better timetable for newborn.

No lah not first. First taken care by my mom. Watching tv with her everyday. Now I on my own so clueless of what I can do. Lol
Oic.. haha. If baby is independent then leave them alone. My 2yo and new born now always take turn to cling so I got no time to nap in the afternoon. Night time they also take turns to cry for milk.. omg my 2yo isn't like this before mei mei came home. Hope this 2yo pattern phrase will soon pass so I can sleep longer.

What to do? Give milk?

Yup.. give milk. They cry when hungry and poo poo or wee wee. They pass out urine pretty fast so stomach is empty and need to feed again. Maybe you can try to increase milk to stretch a longer hour before next feed?

I just brought my baby for 2nd dose of Hep.B at the polyclinic. Cost $6.10 and spent 1.5hrs there. Next will be 3mo vaccine.

Yup.. give milk. They cry when hungry and poo poo or wee wee. They pass out urine pretty fast so stomach is empty and need to feed again. Maybe you can try to increase milk to stretch a longer hour before next feed?
He is 10days old. 90ml of milk! However sometime his intake is lesser esp at night when he is aslp. How to wake them up to finish the milk.

Oic.. haha. If baby is independent then leave them alone. My 2yo and new born now always take turn to cling so I got no time to nap in the afternoon. Night time they also take turns to cry for milk.. omg my 2yo isn't like this before mei mei came home. Hope this 2yo pattern phrase will soon pass so I can sleep longer.
Looks like you are becoming panda. Lol. No one helping you at nite? Your hubby??

Woah!! Milk guzzler.
Unwrap him if you are swaddling him. Make the bb not so comfy so that he will wake up. Sometimes I just on the light. Bad mommy.

He is 10days old. 90ml of milk! However sometime his intake is lesser esp at night when he is aslp. How to wake them up to finish the milk.

My girl is also drinking 90ml at day10 Her weight when discharge at day4 is 2.9kg and at day20 I increase to 100ml

Baby with diff size, weight need diff amt of milk. You can try to increase bit by bit. If baby is full, they'll reject the milk.

Looks like you are becoming panda. Lol. No one helping you at nite? Your hubby??
When discharge from hospital my 2yo still guai guai sleep with grandma. After a few days her drama starts. Don't want to sleep, cry in the midnight then she don't want to sleep with grandma anymore. So just a few days into my confinement, I'm taking care of both my toddler and new born at night but I did took nap in the afternoon while my mom took care of both. No more afternoon nap after confinement. So yaa, panda eyes. I try not to disturb my hubby sleep but Sunday is my off day (long nap to recover my panda eye) and he took care of both.

Did u book an appointment with the polyclinic? My bb was suppose to have her hep B 2nd dose at seng kang polyclinic on 5th nov.They gave me a appointment on 25th Nov.I called Kkh, they gave me a appointment on 4th nov.but need to see doc before jab.the doc consultation is $111.so expensive

Did u book an appointment with the polyclinic? My bb was suppose to have her hep B 2nd dose at seng kang polyclinic on 5th nov.They gave me a appointment on 25th Nov.I called Kkh, they gave me a appointment on 4th nov.but need to see doc before jab.the doc consultation is $111.so expensive

I went sengkang too. Last week call up made appt but earliest is Dec. So I do walk in. Try to avoid Monday, Tuesday and Friday cos alot of ppl usually.

Why I choose polyclinic is definitely to save cost (it's really dirt cheap). If go private all vaccine will cost around 1-2k as mentioned by other mummies.

All my 3 babies had jab taken here ;)

Hep.B can be given anytime from 1mo-2mo

If 25th was given to you then u just stick to it if u still prefer polyclinic.

Last edited:
I went sengkang too. Last week call up made appt but earliest is Dec. So I do walk in. Try to avoid Monday, Tuesday and Friday cos alot of ppl usually.

Why I choose polyclinic is definitely to save cost (it's really dirt cheap). If go private all vaccine will cost around 1-2k as mentioned by other mummies.

All my 3 babies had jab taken here ;)

Hep.B can be given anytime from 1mo-2mo

If 25th was given to you then u just stick to it if u still prefer polyclinic.
U deliver at tmc right? U went polyclinic instead of kid clinic at rivervale mall ah?

I nvr try poly clinic before. Free meaning the vaccine is free or include consultation? How much is usually the consultation? The jab given by doctor or nurse?

Hep.B 5in1 6in1 are free. Today is baby 1st visit so need Dr. examination so paid $6.10 for consultation.

Next vaccine will be 5in1 & Pneumococcal. 5in1 is foc & Pneumococcal is $150 can deduct from medisave.

The following vaccine till 2yo will be free except for Pneumococcal (total 3 doses all can deduct from medisave $150 each)

All jab will be given by nurse. If on that day need to be examine by Dr. then will be a charge of $6.10

My #2 had completed all her jab in polyclinic. Total cash is about $30 only, includes consultation fee and medicine for fever. Medisave is $450

U deliver at tmc right? U went polyclinic instead of kid clinic at rivervale mall ah?

Yup. I gave birth in Tmc and was assigned a pd. But I didn't go back to her in Tmc. Since I already decide to go to polyclinic for vaccine.

I'll only visit Kids clinic if got diarrhoea or vomit (can claim back from insurance). Normal fever, cough or flu I go family doctor.

Hep.B 5in1 6in1 are free. Today is baby 1st visit so need Dr. examination so paid $6.10 for consultation.

Next vaccine will be 5in1 & Pneumococcal. 5in1 is foc & Pneumococcal is $150 can deduct from medisave.

The following vaccine till 2yo will be free except for Pneumococcal (total 3 doses all can deduct from medisave $150 each)

All jab will be given by nurse. If on that day need to be examine by Dr. then will be a charge of $6.10

My #2 had completed all her jab in polyclinic. Total cash is about $30 only, includes consultation fee and medicine for fever. Medisave is $450
That's really a lot of savings. Then any disadvantage of gg to poly clinic? If its free then y pple go private? Must pyscho my hubby. Really cheap leh.

That's really a lot of savings. Then any disadvantage of gg to poly clinic? If its free then y pple go private? Must pyscho my hubby. Really cheap leh.
Well, some parents prefer to be assessed and vaccine given by pd instead of nurses from polyclinic.

My brother's child went to pd and paid $50+ each time for consultation and pd gave 2 appts for 2 jabs. Whereas polyclinic can give 2 jabs in a day.

Your eldest child took his vaccine at private clinic? How much did you paid in total?

Maybe you like to bring your #2 to polyclinic try out 1st jab. If don't like then 2nd jab to pd lor.

At polyclinic sometimes will be quite fast (1hr) if got appt. Otherwise 1.5hrs to 2hrs like that. I guess pd also very packed.

My stitches seems ok but I think I developed piles... Taking lactulose to soften stool. Going to see gyne in a week's time.

I think it took me 2+weeks to realise the wound is heal. cos I didn't know the stitches went so high while cleaning myself the first time I kind of rubbed it and almost shriek in pain!

My girl is also drinking 90ml at day10 Her weight when discharge at day4 is 2.9kg and at day20 I increase to 100ml

Baby with diff size, weight need diff amt of milk. You can try to increase bit by bit. If baby is full, they'll reject the milk.
My girl started lookin for milk aft 1.5hrs so my mum gave another 40ml on top of the 90ml drank earlier..... currently now at 29th day old, she is drinking 110ml every 4hrly.

Back