Natural pregnancy & raise our baby in the most natural way

Which one you prefer? Muji one is the electric one yea?

Hi beac

Both are ultrasonic diffusers. I find the YL Home Diffuser (which I got it free as a member after 3 months) works faster. The smell fills the bedroom in less than a minute. I drop about 3-4 drops of oil.

The Muji diffuser takes more time and the smell is milder even though I drop 4 drops of essential oil.

I personally prefer the YL one. Easy to use, just pour water, drip oil, plug in and press button (only one button).

But there are people who prefer the Muji one (smaller, looks nicer and has options to turn off light, determine the length of diffusing etc etc). You can't switch the light off on the YL one.

Hi beac

Both are ultrasonic diffusers. I find the YL Home Diffuser (which I got it free as a member after 3 months) works faster. The smell fills the bedroom in less than a minute. I drop about 3-4 drops of oil.

The Muji diffuser takes more time and the smell is milder even though I drop 4 drops of essential oil.

I personally prefer the YL one. Easy to use, just pour water, drip oil, plug in and press button (only one button).

But there are people who prefer the Muji one (smaller, looks nicer and has options to turn off light, determine the length of diffusing etc etc). You can't switch the light off on the YL one.

Thanks for all the info!! :)
Is the light for the YL one very bright in a dark room?

Tongtong8, may I know how long did u walk and is it on a daily basis? where did you go for your prenatal yoga? It's always encouraging to hear about successful natural delivery w/o epidural!

Is it better to join as YL member? Retail or wholesale member? It's abit like MLM right? Worth to get the starter kits?

Is it better to join as YL member? Retail or wholesale member? It's abit like MLM right? Worth to get the starter kits?

Hi beac,

The light from the YL diffuser is alright, not glaring. I find it similar to a soft bedside lamp.

Yeah, better to join as wholesale member (then you enjoy 24% discount), retail member has no discount leh.

YL is def a MLM model but the products are good. I join to buy the products for my own family and sometimes help non-member friends to buy stuff.

The Everyday Oils set is a good starter kit but it's not necessary to buy that, you can join the Essential Rewards program and after 6 months you get that free or in your first purchase, buy 350PV (about $560) worth of YL products and you get the diffuser and Everyday Oils set free.

I have friends who collate orders from other friends to hit the 350PV and then get the freebies. Some organize sprees too to do the same

Hi beac,

The light from the YL diffuser is alright, not glaring. I find it similar to a soft bedside lamp.

Yeah, better to join as wholesale member (then you enjoy 24% discount), retail member has no discount leh.

YL is def a MLM model but the products are good. I join to buy the products for my own family and sometimes help non-member friends to buy stuff.

The Everyday Oils set is a good starter kit but it's not necessary to buy that, you can join the Essential Rewards program and after 6 months you get that free or in your first purchase, buy 350PV (about $560) worth of YL products and you get the diffuser and Everyday Oils set free.

I have friends who collate orders from other friends to hit the 350PV and then get the freebies. Some organize sprees too to do the same

Thanks for the info ;)

Anyone know a good blend/recipe to mix for labour??

I wanna prepare a blend for my labour. I'm due sometime in October!! I hv frankincense, lavender, ylang ylang, lemon, geranium, mrryh. Is it enough? Or too much? Cos I'm new to essential oils. Hehe. :)
Any advice wld be lovely. :)

wah beac, that's exciting! my friend is an expert in blending oil. you wana ask her? she delivered her baby through eo birthing.

hi papermoon

I walk to MRT taking the overhead bridge, and walk from mrt to office. daily .

I did my prenatal yoga at pure yoga at raffles place cuz i work there.

nowadays a lot of people go for natural drug free labour. it's not tough! you can do it really! u just need some encouragement, correct technique and correct support. la.

Dear mummies,

I am due in two months. It's my first and I am already starting to have the jitters. Quite a few of u here have delivered naturally without epi and I am hoping I could do the same. I have engaged a birth doula and she is against the use of epidural too. That's a good thing, I am sure but am starting to worry about the pain because I really do not know what to expect and everyone's birth story might be different.

One of my friends was telling me that she didnt take epi but could not withstand the pain and had no energy left to push so had to go for emergency c-section. Any advice/tips or stories from mummies here who have gone all natural? Thanks in advance!

Watch this.

Silent Epidemic; The Untold Story of Vaccines Movie dire

Do more research before you give vaccination to your baby.

Thekickerinside

You could scroll up to read our experiences. Let us know if you need more info?

You have to read up more so that you have enough confidence to do it ok? dun worry ya. my friend even delivered her baby herself at home :p

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/post-natal/helping-him-to-help-you-with-a-new-baby#.VEm_5fmUdqU

BellyBelly’s Psychologist, Daniel Chable’s Top Ten Tips For Mums
Tip For Mums #1: Do appreciate that your man is under pressure too
If would be beneficial for both of you if it were possible for things to be arranged such that each of you had the opportunity to do something for yourselves that each of you likes on an alternating basis (after things have settled down with your baby). Don’t forget, however, that it is very important for you the two of you to do things together on a regular basis (whether it is once every six weeks or once every week) and it doesn’t have to cost anything to do it. It would be good for the two of you if this could be in place by the time your last child is 1 year old at the latest. You can take turns choosing what you will do.

Tip For Mums #2: Don’t tell him about everything that happened during the day the moment he enters the door
Come to some agreement about when is the best time to talk. Some men like to have even 5 minutes of adjustment between when they arrive home and when they are “hands on”. It helps him to shift gears from work to home.

Tip For Mums #3: Do tell him exactly what you want from him
Most prefer direct, unambiguous communication. Tell him what you need and want, without demanding of course.

Tip For Mums #4: Don’t expect that just because you are too exhausted to even think about having sex that he feels the same
You need to let him know how much you simply want some time to yourself (sort of like what he gets when he watches television or plays on the computer); and that your intimate relationship will return in due course. A good article for men to read is Why Doesn’t She Want Sex With Me After Having A Baby

Tip For Mums #5: Do recognise that most men tend to have good focused vision
… while most women tend to have good peripheral vision. When you ask him to find something in the fridge that you know is there and he can’t find it that it is because of this rather than simply being lazy. Understanding goes a long way in preventing resentment.

Tip For Mums #6: Don’t assume that your man is similar to a woman
Both parents need their own downtime – even if for some mothers that means going out to do the shopping alone while he watches the kids, or going for a walk to de-stress. A common preference for men is watching their favourite television program. When he is watching a television (particularly football!), the last thing he wants to do is get his brain ticking over and discussing things. It may appear that he isn’t doing anything, but he is actually very focused on what is taking place in the match. Let him watch the match his team is playing in (but not every match!) and save any discussions for after the game, unless its really important. This is not an old way of thinking, its simply allowing your partner to have his own downtime and being responsible for your own too. Make sure you’ve allocated your undisturbed activity time too.

Tip For Mums #7: Do recognise that what you are expecting from your man tends to be similar to what you experienced when you were growing up
Your respective experiences were neither right nor wrong. The two of you need to work out (compromise) what will work best for both of you.

Tip For Mums #8: Don’t assume that your man understands how you want him to talk with you – most men don’t understand this
You need to tell him that you would like him to make some special time e.g. over a cup of tea/coffee when he will listen to what you are telling him; tell him how he can show you he is listening; tell him that you would like him to be able to be empathic about your situation; and that you don’t want him to give you a solution and/or walk out of the room if you become a little annoyed or upset.

Tip For Mums #9: Do tell him that you need reassurance, recognition and encouragement from him
Its okay to tell him that you need him to be a soulmate and you need him to tell you that he loves you – and that you need this much more frequently than he needs it from you. Many men say that they survive just fine if their woman tells them that she loves him once a year. He might like to read this article: 5 Important Things Mothers Want Dads To Know which is a brilliant summary of what a new mother goes through emotionally.

Tip For Mums #10: Don’t assume that your man is incompetent about looking after babies
Just because he may choose to take your baby out in a non colour-coordinated outfit, this is not a sign of incompetence. The more your child gets to know that there is more than one way of doing things, the more secure they will be.

Kelly Winder is a birth attendant (aka doula), the creator of BellyBelly and mum to three beautiful children. Become a fan of BellyBelly on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Please note that all of my suggestions and advice are of a generalised nature only and are not intended to replace advice from a qualified professional. BellyBelly.com.au – The Thinking Woman’s Website For Conception, Pregnancy, Birth and Baby.

Homemade organic curry bun!! yummy and not spicy. for kids. :p
IMG-20141006-WA0058.jpg

The benefits of co-sleeping with your baby

http://savvyparentingsupport.wordpr...rcher-says-baby-bed-sharing-is-not-dangerous/
Original SIDS Researcher Says Baby Bed-sharing is Not Dangerous
Posted on October 20, 2014by mooreamalatt
The same doctor who made SIDS known to the American public believes that bedsharing with your baby is not dangerous. You heard that right. Dr. Abraham B. Bergman was the first president of the National SIDS Foundation. He got SIDS research into federal programs in the 70’s. He helped pass the national Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Act in 1974. His latest paper was released in 2013 and didn’t go mainstream then, which is a tragedy for American families. This latest article in JAMA Pediatrics, “Bed Sharing per se Is Not Dangerous” calls out the American Academy of Pediatrics in making unfounded claims against bed-sharing with babies. Bergman lists the many reasons why SIDS diagnosis and recording has been flawed, non-uniform, and subject to human opinion and prejudice; so that there is no specific evidence that bed-sharing is a risk factor for sudden infant death.

“The National Center for Health Statistics receives its in- formation about causes of death from a potpourri of US coro- ners and medical examiners in 2185 different death inves- tigation jurisdictions.6 This lack of uniformity means that the personal beliefs of coroners and medical examiners determine the diagnoses written on death certificates.”

Referencing another article in the very same issue, Bergman states:

“Colson and colleagues report that from 1993 through 2010, the overall trend for US caregivers to share a bed (also known as cosleeping) with their infants has significantly increased, especially among black families. Because of their belief that bed sharing increases infant mortality, the authors call for increased efforts by pediatricians to discourage the practice. I find the report disquieting because evidence linking bed sharing per se to the increased risk for infant death is lacking.”

Bergman has worked with families for over 50 years in Seattle as a pediatrician at the University of Washington Medical Center, and Harborview Medical Center. He has worked with families for over 50 years in Seattle as a pediatrician at the Seattle Children’s Hospital and Harborview Medical Center. My favorite thing about Bergman? He spearheaded a national movement to support families who had lost a child to SIDS- rather than sending them to jail. Bergman has also made huge changes in the areas of food stamps and school lunches, bike helmet laws, safe and educational playgrounds, and Indian health improvement. He has always fought for lower income families and families of color and that’s why his work with SIDS is even more important. He believes that something prejudiced may be afoot here with SIDS diagnoses. Milwaukee’s famous scare-tactic using anti co-sleeping campaigns aimed at families of color has been a total flop. It isn’t saving babies. I could have told you that. Families co-sleep because they are exhausted in the middle of the night and because babies love and need closeness. Those two things have greater importance to families in the moment than how one’s city advises them to parent. Bergman notes:

“…I detect a note of irony in the AAP’s position. Are we advising our patients against a practice that many of us fol- low? Colson et al1 show that bed sharing is reported among 12.2% of caretakers with some college education and 9.2% of caretakers who have graduated from collage and/or had post- baccalaureate education. Many pediatricians’ families seem to be among those who ignore the AAP recommendation, with or without guilt.”

The American Academy of Pediatrics has a policy against bedsharing but researchers, medical professionals, and worldwide organizations question the AAP’s position. The truth remains that there are no studies that show bed-sharing as a risk factor with a control for major concurrent risk factors like formula feeding, excessive bedding, and nicotine use in the home. Personal and cultural biases play a role in death reports which have no standardization methods. A major concern is that countless officials use their own judgment to decide cause of death rather than using a standardized reporting system that looks at all SIDS risk factors. If an infant dies in an adult bed it would be common for the bed-sharing itself to be cited as the cause of death when there may be other important factors to consider. What many people don’t know is that SIDS has remained very mysterious for so long because determining exactly what caused breathing to cease in an infant is extremely difficult. We have begun moving toward calling it Sudden Unexplained Infant Death (SUID) for this reason- it doesn’t have the characteristics of a syndrome at all. When possible suffocation deaths began being called SIDS, SIDS stopped meaning anything. The death of a baby while sleeping with an adult on a couch or lounge chair (both dangerous sleep situations with a high risk of entrapment and suffocation) is classified as a death due to bedsharing as well even though suffocation itself is not SIDS. With co-sleeping, we are really talking about suffocation deaths and not SIDS. Automatically labeling a family with a suffocation death simply because they had been co-sleeping is both problematic and has been biased against lower income and African American families.

Bergman quotes the Centers for Disease Control:

“Since 1998, it appears that medical examiners and coroners are moving away from classifying deaths as SIDS and calling more deaths accidental suffocation or unknown cause, sug- gesting that diagnostic and reporting practices have changed. Inconsistent practices in investigation and cause-of-death determination hamper the ability to monitor national trends, as- certain risk factors, and design and evaluate programs to pre- vent these deaths.”

Another sleeping and SIDS researcher, Dr. James McKenna has published his belief that co-sleeping is safer than crib sleeping namely because of his research showing steadier breathing and heart rate while bed-sharing and that co-sleeping babies are likely to sleep on their backs. McKenna’s Research is compiled here. An international survey by the SIDS Global Task Force showed that countries practicing the most c0-sleeping and bed-sharing had the lowest rates of SIDS. They also happen to be countries with high breastfeeding rates. And what’s more? JAMA published a review of data from the National Infant Sleep Position Survey that recorded numbers actually rising of self-reported bed-sharing during the same time period that SIDS deaths lessened. That’s what we call very interesting indeed. Here we have a trusted pediatrician in Dr. Abraham Bergman who worked for many years to save babies from unexplained death- and he’s saying that the science just isn’t there to name bed-sharing itself as a risk factor for sudden infant death. So this is my continuing call for more research about infant sleep deaths and the actual risk factors for SIDS, as well as how protective breastfeeding and co-sleeping actually may be. Let’s not throw baby (and baby’s natural needs for closeness) out with the bath water. We aren’t helping anyone with the scare tactics. People are co-sleeping anyway. Let’s figure out how to get info about safe co-sleeping out to parents. *Note that though we don’t yet know the exact risk factors for infant sleep death, what knowledge we do have suggests it is a good practice to not co-sleep if your child is exclusively formula fed, if you have a sleep disorder, if you are morbidly obese or use nicotine or if there is any alcohol abuse in the home- in those cases, baby should sleep solo on their back on a firm mattress in clothing and without pillows or blankets. Moorea Malatt Supporting breastfeeding, co-sleeping families with my gentle Sleep Savvy Method. http://www.SavvyParentingSupport.com Moorea

Back