(2015/04) April 2015 Jubilee Babies

Agency has its good and bad. U might assign a lousy one though u can request to change but its quite stressful and confusing to ftm.

Referral cl good points is ur friemd friend friend etc use her service and u can get some solid feedback and how she specificly operate.

Freelance one u get from xxxx risky as thry self advertise so wont know for sure.

End of the day CL are really depend on ur luck. My view. Dont becos u want to save $200 u simply choose a CL.

I had bad experience with my #1 CL. Its my moms primary school friends wife. She did a lousy job and stole eat my confinement food and sick on the 2md week and we had to send her home and end of it my mum cook and i had to take care bb ... was so tired and stress and to handle ur mom temper as well.. gosh..no joke. I regret to take that CL becos is my mom friend wife. And we never had any reference of her work. Where i actually found one from my friend which her friend use before and say was good.

I always thought CL agencies are more expensive but able to get replacement if the CL isnt good. My mother helped me to find one Sporean CL and she is charging $2.8K. My mother say she is experienced and good but $2.8k is pretty expensive. Sigh.. but she is the only one that is currently available right now.

happyputty and all those looking or considering CL,
When i was FTM, i had a CL, thought nt the most perfect CL but i really appreciated the help and care she provided. Especially you dun have a maid or mum/mil coming to help u. It was really an eye-opener being a FTM, trying to bf etc etc, and somehow the bb doesn't behave like what u hv heard or read. Can get post-natal depression, no kidding.
As for cost so far i asked around those recommended, range for next yr is abt $2.6k, if m'sia u might hv to apply for permit and it adds up to abt $2.8k (Sg CL rate?). I think few hundred $ more but is well spent if u hv gd recommendation of that CL. Though u must bear in mind that what is gd for another mum might nt be ok for u. It's still a toto but to me, it's necessary.

hi babes sorry I'm quite noob I dunno how to add non friend into the group and if your profile is private and I can't add you as friend, I dunno how to add you into the group. so pls try to find me and add me on fb k?

Hi yirongwonders, I have added you on fb and pm you too, can add me to the fb group? thanks!

Hi Mummies! its my second pregnancy and do not want to engage my previous gynae. any gynae to recommend from kkh Private Suite?

happyputty and all those looking or considering CL,
When i was FTM, i had a CL, thought nt the most perfect CL but i really appreciated the help and care she provided. Especially you dun have a maid or mum/mil coming to help u. It was really an eye-opener being a FTM, trying to bf etc etc, and somehow the bb doesn't behave like what u hv heard or read. Can get post-natal depression, no kidding.
As for cost so far i asked around those recommended, range for next yr is abt $2.6k, if m'sia u might hv to apply for permit and it adds up to abt $2.8k (Sg CL rate?). I think few hundred $ more but is well spent if u hv gd recommendation of that CL. Though u must bear in mind that what is gd for another mum might nt be ok for u. It's still a toto but to me, it's necessary.
Hi nnyl, yup.. nowadays the pricing has increase. What i heard is it increase $200 yearly. So i suppose in future it will be much more expensive. I managed to found one introduced by a friend. She charged $2.2k. So I confirmed her for my confinement. Phew! Finally settled! I am looking for post natal massage. Anybody has anyone to recommend? :)

M abt 15 weeks. Feel extreme hunger pangs, no appetite to eat, eat abit already feel bloated and nauseous, pain ard chest, ribs and upper stomach.
I apply tiger balm to soothe the pain n rest inclined to help ease it.

Me too...so these are normal yeah..as I always thought 2nd trimester is honeymoon period with no more such feelings..

Is your tummy showing??

Yes to me my tummy is showing alittle but not really tt obvious. It's most obvious after having full meals thru the day but it goes down if I "off-load" wat I ate. When it's obvious, it's bloated so very uncomfortable.

Im in my 16th weeks and still loss of appetite and feeling tired most of the time... hopefully all of us having the same problems will get past this stage soon. :)

M abt 15 weeks. Feel extreme hunger pangs, no appetite to eat, eat abit already feel bloated and nauseous, pain ard chest, ribs and upper stomach.
I apply tiger balm to soothe the pain n rest inclined to help ease it.

Oh I heard better not to use tiger balm as they contain some ingredients that may not be good for us. I bought the tiger balm shoulder patch and it was indicated that its not recommended for pregnant women...

Hihi ladies, pls add me to the FB group. I'm a FTM-to-be currently at 16 weeks ..just wondering what hospitals you have decided to deliver at? Anyone deciding on Raffles Hospital? Is it ok if I go for my gynae visits at Raffles Women's Centre, and later decide to deliver at a different hospital?

Hi mummies, juz gt my oscar results ystd.. its positive but at the same time i gt anemia.. worried baby will nt get enough oxygen...

Hi mummies, juz gt my oscar results ystd.. its positive but at the same time i gt anemia.. worried baby will nt get enough oxygen...
@pillowbao, what did your gynae ask you to do if you have anemia? My gynae also said my blood count is not enuf, then take my hubby blood test for blood count. I dun know why and still have not meet my gynae yet.

@mylilsheep he asked me to eat more meat,and veggie, gave me iron tablets.. he also did check my hubby blood count.. he sae if both MCV is low den maybe have to take more blood test.. or likely need to have blood transfusion will delivering.. since Hubby's blood is ok.. so everything is fine..

@mylilsheep he asked me to eat more meat,and veggie, gave me iron tablets.. he also did check my hubby blood count.. he sae if both MCV is low den maybe have to take more blood test.. or likely need to have blood transfusion will delivering.. since Hubby's blood is ok.. so everything is fine..
thanks pillowbao. I will check with my gynae on my next appointment. I did not receive any call from my gynae after hubby's blood test. So I guess should be fine.

Just wondering, when they take the blood for the Down Syndrome test, do they test for things like low blood count and high glucose at the same time? I mean are these standard things that they would test for? Or would they only test for what the gynae asked to test for like HIV etc?

Hi everyone, I'm new here, am 16 weeks, EDD 17 April 2015. Have been reading the posts here a few times, but first time posting...

Can I ask, anyone has very bad bloatedness around 16 weeks until cannot eat or drink much? I tot that is only in 3rd trimester when babies bigger... I'm having very bad bloating in my upper abdomen, not sure indigestion or gas or what, my upper tummy is bloated hard even early in the morning before eating anything!

I'm very thirsty, but can only manage to drink about 1 litre of water per day cos too bloated. Also think not eating enough nutrition. I'm eating high fibre cereal and fruit everyday, and bowel movement at least every other day, so don't think it's constipation. Now bloated until upper abdomen bigger than lower abdomen, where my babies are supposed to be! (I'm having twins)

Anyone has similar symptoms or got any ideas what will help? I'm worried will dehydrate my babies at this rate :(

I did have quite bad bloatedness about 2-3 weeks ago. I just tried to eat many small meals. It's getting better now together with the nausea and I am slowing regaining appetite. Managed to drink one glass of milk a day too. Couldn't drink milk previously.

Hi congrats to all apr mummies ! Im 1st time time mum here. Im having my no.2 n edd on 26/4. My son is only 10mths now n im taking care of him myself. Is tough but very enjoy to see him grow up day by day. hee hee.. was waiting yirong to add mi in fb . see u all in fb soon !

Hi Printemp, I think it should be ok as it's for external use? i normally do my mask 1-2 times a week... everything is ok for me until now....
went to do some research, as long as we try to avoid products containing retinoids or salicylic acids. It should be fine.

Last edited:
Hi Printemp, I think it should be ok as it's for external use? i normally do my mask 1-2 times a week... everything is ok for me until now....
went to do some research, as long as we try to avoid products containing retinoids or salicylic acids. It should be fine.
Thanks!

Can buy obimin pluz which contains omega 3 for baby's brain. Obimin or obimin pluz contains 1mg folic acid which is enough for baby.

Should i buy obimin or obimin plus? D difference is onli dha fish oil?
My gynae say buy obimin say contain fish oil so i jus took obimin then found out only pluz contain fish oil
Maub i heard wrongly?

Littlepurple, Obimin pluz contains the fish oil. But I realized that I can't take obimin pluz too well on some days cos may have gastric pain due to the fish oil content.

If u have obimin, can buy neurogain PB for the fish oil content to add on.

Back