(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Now practicing her tummy time during the day... still not confident for overnight.
I had also tried the white noise app seem to work on calming.
Yeah try to practice first during day time.and observe and help ur little one to change his head position.my little one know how to change already.

Hi fellow mommies, need ur advice.
Currently 39 weeks 3 days. Went to see gynae earlier just now and results are the same. Baby has not engaged.
Gynae told me to come back on my edd, 29 Oct to see if there's any progress.
So here's the options my gynae gave.

1. To continue waiting for labor signs to show up even after EDD, but currenlt bb weight estimated to be at 3.6kg

2. Induce on 29 Oct, but he will only wait for 4-6 hours and if baby still has not engaged, he will proceed with Emergency Csect

3. Opt for an Elective Csect on 29 Oct if baby still has not engaged.

He has not checked me for any dilation. Only based on ultrasound scans. He has been suggesting for csect since the very 1st time i see him.
I am losing hope alr. Even cried when i left the clinic. Haha.
But really...need ur advice in this..

Hi Mummy

Is it okay to give bb bf milk while eating pain killers? My nanny say is not so gd for bb to consume .

Hi Purple Love

Thanks for e reply. My baby also having jaundice .. I have just send my bb for review today . It have dropped after past 2days.

Don't worry I believe your bb jaundice's level will drop after phototherapy .

I am not sure whether to give my bb the stored milk I have been pumping out . After discharged bb have been drinking similac formula ..

Hi Purple Love

Thanks for e reply. My baby also having jaundice .. I have just send my bb for review today . It have dropped after past 2days.

Don't worry I believe your bb jaundice's level will drop after phototherapy .

I am not sure whether to give my bb the stored milk I have been pumping out . After discharged bb have been drinking similac formula ..
Since u already pump out, dont waste.
Btw i having breast engorge!! So painful.I know i have to massge and puMp out constantly. How long will it takes?

Hi fellow mommies, need ur advice.
Currently 39 weeks 3 days. Went to see gynae earlier just now and results are the same. Baby has not engaged.
Gynae told me to come back on my edd, 29 Oct to see if there's any progress.
So here's the options my gynae gave.

1. To continue waiting for labor signs to show up even after EDD, but currenlt bb weight estimated to be at 3.6kg

2. Induce on 29 Oct, but he will only wait for 4-6 hours and if baby still has not engaged, he will proceed with Emergency Csect

3. Opt for an Elective Csect on 29 Oct if baby still has not engaged.

He has not checked me for any dilation. Only based on ultrasound scans. He has been suggesting for csect since the very 1st time i see him.
I am losing hope alr. Even cried when i left the clinic. Haha.
But really...need ur advice in this..

What's your baby estimated weight? You can still wait for awhile. It's your first baby? My sis delivered when she was 40 weeks 1day long.

If the baby is not so big and pose no risk to you or baby, can just wait it out?

For my #1 my baby was not even engaged when I was in labour. So there's nothing to worry abt. When I was going to push, the nurses knew how to shift the baby and all. So I think the position shldnt be a problem unless breech or smth?

Jia you @kitty_kitty! Bf is not easy. But worth every effort. :) my personal take.

Better to get an LC. Cos some bf problems are beyond what the massage lady can handle. Your hospital/gyne doesn't have LC to recommend? I PM you details
Can I check with you regarding the LC also? I'm having sore nipples, blocked ducts, lumps, engorgement on both breast.. In great pain...

Try reading this website? See if it helps your BF issues!

http://www.womenshealth.gov/publica...-guide/breastfeedingguide-general-english.pdf

You could use cold cabbage leaves on your breasts to draw out excess fluid. Wipe the leaves clean before putting them in your bra, and change the leaves when they feel wet.

Cold press can also help with pain and swelling!!
Thanks dear.. I will try tmr to ask hubby buy.. Right now, I've been crying for almost an hour. So painful.. And I need to pump at 10.30pm, I'm SO stressed.. The engorgement is so painful that my nipples doesn't feel anything anymore.

Vivian, try getting your hubby to suck. That's the fastest way to clear according to my CL. Endure.

Mommies, even when I pumped regularly, my boobs still feel a bit hard & when my no1 hugged me suddenly, I can feel the soreness. Is it normal? Tks

Shabrina, IMO I will go for C sect cos its really unsure and I wouldn't want to take chance to try natural avid ended up paying double for C sect. Somemore your bb is rather big.

What's your baby estimated weight? You can still wait for awhile. It's your first baby? My sis delivered when she was 40 weeks 1day long.

If the baby is not so big and pose no risk to you or baby, can just wait it out?

For my #1 my baby was not even engaged when I was in labour. So there's nothing to worry abt. When I was going to push, the nurses knew how to shift the baby and all. So I think the position shldnt be a problem unless breech or smth?

Beac, yeap.. my first baby. In fact I have been rather active, didnt expect to have difficulty in getting baby go further down.
Baby estimated weight was at 3.6kg just now. Thats y im so worried... if small, I wouldnt be this concern. But i also feel that it's better to wait till labor signs show up, unless of course if gynae advise that it would be dangerous, i have to proceed with an action. Haiyah.... so clueless and helpless.

Shabrina, IMO I will go for C sect cos its really unsure and I wouldn't want to take chance to try natural avid ended up paying double for C sect. Somemore your bb is rather big.

Yah.... half of me say to wait till labor signs show up, the other half say to proceed and opt for Csect. It's gonna costs a bomb if emergency.
Induction is risky is it?

Hi Shab

Just to share my experience, My gynae advise me to go for inducing since I have no contractions symptoms . As my EDD is approaching so I decided to opt for it at the final date of my exact EDD on 17th Oct . I was admitted midnite 12am & started inducing 2am+ .
It took me about 8-10hrs to dilate to 7cm . And also waterbag burst in e morning . Everything went smoothly and i manage to deliver in early noon by natural w epi ..:)

Hi Shab

Just to share my experience, My gynae advise me to go for inducing since I have no contractions symptoms . As my EDD is approaching so I decided to opt for it at the final date of my exact EDD on 17th Oct . I was admitted midnite 12am & started inducing 2am+ .
It took me about 8-10hrs to dilate to 7cm . And also waterbag burst in e morning . Everything went smoothly and i manage to deliver in early noon by natural w epi ..:)

Hi swanny.. thanks for sharing. :) btw how big was ur baby then? Thing is my gynae will enforce emergency csect if baby not down after max 6hrs of induction. He said it is risky to wait further cause it can harm the baby. Hais.
if my baby isn't this big, i wouldnt be too worried to go for induction or wait till labor signs show up.

Oh my baby was 3.1kg about there. It turn out only 3.01kg . Actually mine dilated quite fast . By noon, 12++ it was fully dilated to 10cm.

Swanny, my gynae has not even checked for any dilation so far. Even though baby's head is down but not down into the pelvis yet, i bet there isnt any harm to just check for dilation. He's just totally against me going for natural labor. So irritating.

Do u think i can get 2nd opinion from other gynaes from neighbourhood women's clinic? but gotta find those who are pro-natural. Any recommendations anyone?

Shabsrina, can't you just request him to check for dilation?

Asked him on my 38 weeks appointment and his reply was he wont be doing it as baby is not down to pelvic area yet. Annoying right? Some babies only starts to engage when labor starts, just like @beac's experience.
I find him super irritating, kept demonstrating how a big bottle isn't able to pass through another bottle. Like stupid lah. Those are solid items and non stretchable.
I am not that small anyway.
U think i should get second opinion from another gynae?

Asked him on my 38 weeks appointment and his reply was he wont be doing it as baby is not down to pelvic area yet. Annoying right? Some babies only starts to engage when labor starts, just like @beac's experience.
I find him super irritating, kept demonstrating how a big bottle isn't able to pass through another bottle. Like stupid lah. Those are solid items and non stretchable.
I am not that small anyway.
U think i should get second opinion from another gynae?
During my 39wk, my gynae chk my dilation but zero. Just 3days before my edd, i have contraction every 5-10min interval so I admitted. But my bb head still not engaged even after 10cm dilation and gynae tried vacuum with nurses helped by pushing my tummy to make bb out.

I can't bear to shave my Baby's hair...

Attachments

• 1414287174403.jpg
    1414287174403.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 193
Anyone planning baby's full moon already? Haha

@shabsrina where you plan to deliver? My gynae was Dr Kang Wee from Mt Alvernia. I just told her once that I don't want to induce and do all natural. After that she nv questioned me and my opinions. She's very nice and pro-natural also; has a motherly kinda feel when I see her.
Anw, Your gynae is who? Maybe he just want csec ah? :/

@beac,
My bb full month will b on 1st nov.sourcing for buffet now:) Venue fixed at function room of my friend condo.Just left the headcount to b confirmed.Praying hard that I recover next week.Hubby helped me check last night. Stitch wound left the one closest to ka chen. Got small red lump.I tink infection.applying cream now . Hopefully it goes away soon.Seems like I not in luck.All these so call might not happen things happen to me...

Hi all, sorry I have been Mia for so long since I gave birth..
Yea gave birth early on 11th Oct.. induce and csect.. coz I was dilated 4cm only after 10hrs..

Hi all, sorry I have been Mia for so long since I gave birth..
Yea gave birth early on 11th Oct.. induce and csect.. coz I was dilated 4cm only after 10hrs..

Congrats! So consider emergency c sec? What's your bill like? Hope you are recovering well already :)

@beac,
My bb full month will b on 1st nov.sourcing for buffet now:) Venue fixed at function room of my friend condo.Just left the headcount to b confirmed.Praying hard that I recover next week.Hubby helped me check last night. Stitch wound left the one closest to ka chen. Got small red lump.I tink infection.applying cream now . Hopefully it goes away soon.Seems like I not in luck.All these so call might not happen things happen to me...

Haha. Maybe I shld get my hubby to check my stitches too. Was yours alot?
Yeah I'm also slowly checking out catering and all. Hehe. :) probably hving mine on 15th nov!

Swanny, my gynae has not even checked for any dilation so far. Even though baby's head is down but not down into the pelvis yet, i bet there isnt any harm to just check for dilation. He's just totally against me going for natural labor. So irritating.

Do u think i can get 2nd opinion from other gynaes from neighbourhood women's clinic? but gotta find those who are pro-natural. Any recommendations anyone?
Not all the gynae practice to check on dilation. Like mine, he dont check.
My edd is 25oct, and i choose to induce on 20th and bb out on 21st morning.
Admit to hospital at 4pm, insert a white pill into the vaginal. 2hrs later gynae came and burst waterbag, it was only 2 cm dilated.
On drip at 9pm, 11pm 4cm dilated. 3am 9cm dilated. If bb weigh is good enough, u can opt to induce anytime. 3.6kg is good enough to give birth :)

@beac,
Doc told me 5 stitch.left last stitch but that was the one infected:(

Here is my research on buffet
-neo garden (tink 30% off, if u order to certain pax, they do offer the option to choose 2 main dish.
-Xin Yi Pin (offer 11 course and free baby cup cakes, but read on motherhood quite some negative reviews)
-select (baby full month is set menu, not what I looking for)
-Elsie Kitchen (low cost but dunno service or food taste good)
-four season (saw a lot good review abt them so decide to choose it, later placing order for the asian buffet)

Shab, it seems that from several mommies here even without engaging, u can also do natural at the v last minute. If that's the case, then maybe u shd trust your gynae then. No point seeking 2nd gynae at this late stage alr. Just make sure u insist on natural if circumstances allow. Good luck.

Verine22, congrats!! No wonder u MIA for so long.

@shabsrina where you plan to deliver? My gynae was Dr Kang Wee from Mt Alvernia. I just told her once that I don't want to induce and do all natural. After that she nv questioned me and my opinions. She's very nice and pro-natural also; has a motherly kinda feel when I see her.
My girl jus had her full mth celebration yesterday~~ do 5 days early. Hehe..

Attachments

• 1414313237037.jpg
    1414313237037.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 201
Bb admit to hospital due to jaundice level 15.4
Very heartpain:(
I know just how you feel. Every mummy will feel heart pain when this happens. Don't worry. She'll be out in no time. In the meantime, if you're planning to bf, pump out your milk and pass to the nurses when you're there. If not enough, they will top up with fm. Baby has to pass a lot of urine and poop for jaundice to clear.

Planning my girl's baby shower now. Gonna do a small one at home for close friends and family. Planning to take from xin yi pin since their review like not bad. Plus got free cupcakes.

Not all the gynae practice to check on dilation. Like mine, he dont check.
My edd is 25oct, and i choose to induce on 20th and bb out on 21st morning.
Admit to hospital at 4pm, insert a white pill into the vaginal. 2hrs later gynae came and burst waterbag, it was only 2 cm dilated.
On drip at 9pm, 11pm 4cm dilated. 3am 9cm dilated. If bb weigh is good enough, u can opt to induce anytime. 3.6kg is good enough to give birth :)

Ok... i reeeeally hope if I choose to induce, baby will progress quickly. If wait longer, baby will gain even more weight n more difficult for natural. I still have 2-3 more days to think..

Im having my bb at GlenE. Yahlah.. seriously i wont be taking him again for my future pregnancies. He is a nice doctor, but as a doctor u should encourage and respect the patients' decisions just like urs, unless if there r complications n risks involved. Will take note on ur gynae. Thanks babe. :)

During my 39wk, my gynae chk my dilation but zero. Just 3days before my edd, i have contraction every 5-10min interval so I admitted. But my bb head still not engaged even after 10cm dilation and gynae tried vacuum with nurses helped by pushing my tummy to make bb out.

Thanks for sharing. :)) At least now I know that these things can happen n it doesnt necessarily have to resort to csect. Guess my gynae just wants the easy way out, dont want the hassle of going thru the whole process of natural labor. Pffft

Back