Good confinement lady to recommend

Anyone knows the market rate for Indonesian confinement lady? Any difference in price if looking after twins?

Hi zdubib,

The market rate for Indo CL is not much difference from rest of CLs, depending on experience, duration of period and if there is any festive seasons.
My best friend has engaged 1 Indo Chinese CL which I highly recommend. She does cooking, baby night care and housework chores. Her charges are reasonable, averaging $2500 to $3000 (depending on festival seasons). She is well experienced in looking after mummy and child and have worked in Singapore a few times, though mainly in Indonesia. So far, my best friend has no complains as she can perform all my friend required.

As for price if looking after twins, I personally feel that the charges would be higher since its required to look after 2 babies instead of one. I'm not sure of actual rate.

If you are interested in the CL which I mentioned here, you could drop me an email at [email protected] and I will give you contact.

My confinement lady was fabulous. Employed her for 3 confinements. She is very clean, will bathe or change clothes after cooking. She is a great cook and knowledgeable in confinement food (what to eat, not to eat, when to eat what etc).
She wakes up early to prepare for the day. She is a light sleeper so she wakes me up to bf the baby at night and burp her or changes her diaper at night. she doesnt mind cooking for the whole family (hubby and my 3 elder kids)
Call her at +60149820338. Her name is Aunty Pin Ru. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions.

May I know hows her charges like?

Aunty Siew is really very good. Today is her last day with me and all of us are sad to see her go. My family (My parents, Husband and etc) likes her a lot as she helps out not only with baby and me but also helps in mopping and sweeping the entire house. She will always clean up the kitchen after using (cooking my confinement food). I can say my baby son is not easy to look after as he wakes up every 2 to 2 and a half hours to drink milk thus Aunty Siew hardly have any sleep throughout the night but she still wakes up diligently to feed my son and takes really good care of me. I breastfeed my son during the day and at night Aunty Siew wants me to sleep well so she will feed 2 to 3 times of milk powder. Lastly as mentioned and recommend by others in other forums, Aunty Siew does brew very good soups especially the green papaya fish soup which indeed helps to increase my milk supply.
Overall, I will highly recommend Aunty Siew (May Ng) to anybody who needs a stay in confinement aunty who can cook delicious confinement food, brew good soups, and will let you have a good night sleep.
biggrin.png
her contact numbers are: Malaysia (60166113048) Singapore (+6584206146).

hi wingbell, can u advise a bit on her charges? And if CN will sleep in same room as baby? thanks!

I contacted auntie siew and need to deposit the $300 to account first. Is it safe? Sorry this is the first time I hiring confinement lady.

my nanny is a m'sian , charging me $1700, i pay her direct in cash on the last day, 28 full working days.i give her one angbao when come and one when return.i think her rate now is around $1800.

she do all the cooking, breakfast if needed (for me i eat bread), lunch and dinner, sometimes helps me in laundry (whole house) and hand wash bb clothes.she mops the flr after dinner, take care of bb and me , sometimes she even help me mop the house like once /twice a week.Of course she take care of night feeding so i can sleep well. Her cooking is fine for me,if u got preference can let her knw cos she is very open to what the owner wants.

she does not act bossy at all, very friendly and does not force me to do tings i dun like .
hope it helps
happy.gif

Do you still have her contact info? ?

Hi all,

I just want to share my experience with my confinement lady, Auntie Chong. She’s amazing! She comes from Malaysia and prepares traditional confinement food. Auntie Chong’s not stubborn in her ways and doesn’t make you abstain from shampoo-ing for a month. (I won’t be able to take it :/) Although I did abstain from shampoo-ing my hair for seven days but that's because I’ve always suffered from terrible headaches pre-pregnancy and I didn’t want to have more “wind” in my head later. She’ll also always prepare a bucket of herbal bath for you daily.

I had blocked ducts on some days which were hindering my milk flow. I’m so thankful that Auntie Chong had taken a course in massage. She knew exactly how to massage my breast and it made the milk flow a lot better. It was really really painful, but it’s still better than paying $150+ to get a lactation nurse to massage for you.

She’s pro breast milk and will boil big pots of soups for you to help you build and maintain your milk flow. Within the first few days of her arrival, my milk increased dramatically after drinking all her herbal soups. My baby’s on full breast milk and he is given formula only when I feel like he's still too hungry after drinking my milk. Longer sleeps for baby = longer sleeps for adults! :)

Auntie Chong has amazing knowledge in Chinese herbs (her brother has a medicinal hall that she helps out at) and she has taken a course to learn how to massage baby too. I firmly believe that massages will help the baby sleep better and it's also some bonding time for us.

She cooks for you and your hubby. She also takes effort to mop the kitchen floor after preparing her meals. I also give her free reign to make my kitchen hers. I personally think that if she’s comfortable, she’ll be able to take care of you and baby better. After all, she’s going to be working with you for a month!

Overall, she's a real gem and I'm so thankful that I found her to help me in my confinement. I'm completely clueless cos this is my first born and my parents, in-laws weren't able to help much. She is very responsible and sincerely cares for me and baby's well-being.

If you’re interested to engage in her services, you can contact me at [email protected] or call me at 93886999 :)

Here's some pics of the yummy food she made!
Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Picture3.jpg

Picture4.jpg

Picture5-1.jpg

Hi all,

I just want to share my experience with my confinement lady, Auntie Chong. She’s amazing! She comes from Malaysia and prepares traditional confinement food. Auntie Chong’s not stubborn in her ways and doesn’t make you abstain from shampoo-ing for a month. (I won’t be able to take it :/) Although I did abstain from shampoo-ing my hair for seven days but that's because I’ve always suffered from terrible headaches pre-pregnancy and I didn’t want to have more “wind” in my head later. She’ll also always prepare a bucket of herbal bath for you daily.

I had blocked ducts on some days which were hindering my milk flow. I’m so thankful that Auntie Chong had taken a course in massage. She knew exactly how to massage my breast and it made the milk flow a lot better. It was really really painful, but it’s still better than paying $150+ to get a lactation nurse to massage for you.

She’s pro breast milk and will boil big pots of soups for you to help you build and maintain your milk flow. Within the first few days of her arrival, my milk increased dramatically after drinking all her herbal soups. My baby’s on full breast milk and he is given formula only when I feel like he's still too hungry after drinking my milk. Longer sleeps for baby = longer sleeps for adults! :)

Auntie Chong has amazing knowledge in Chinese herbs (her brother has a medicinal hall that she helps out at) and she has taken a course to learn how to massage baby too. I firmly believe that massages will help the baby sleep better and it's also some bonding time for us.

She cooks for you and your hubby. She also takes effort to mop the kitchen floor after preparing her meals. I also give her free reign to make my kitchen hers. I personally think that if she’s comfortable, she’ll be able to take care of you and baby better. After all, she’s going to be working with you for a month!

Overall, she's a real gem and I'm so thankful that I found her to help me in my confinement. I'm completely clueless cos this is my first born and my parents, in-laws weren't able to help much. She is very responsible and sincerely cares for me and baby's well-being.

If you’re interested to engage in her services, you can contact me at [email protected] or call me at 93886999 :)

Hi,
My confinement nanny said she will want one angpow when she comes, and one when she leaves.
For the angpow usually how much do we give?

Hi, I just wondered has anyone else tried Auntie Chong above? I phoned her and she does sound really lovely. But sometimes I find myself a bit hesitant when trying to find someone that is only recommended online by one person! I know I'm a worrier! Another recommendation would be awesome .....

Okay, so here is my poor experience. Auntie Chong (who sounds really lovely) recommended me to her friend Auntie Gek or Auntie Ah Gek (malaysian phone +601 2772 8845). Her cost was relatively quite expensive $2700, but I thought since she sounded nice also, we would just confirm it and stop worrying about confinement nannies. My mother-in-law called to confirm her, and she said deposit is $500, which I must pay to Auntie Chong's bank account. In parallel, I was trying to arrange a confinement lady work visa with MOM, which required Auntie Gek's passport, identity card, etc. When I asked her and Auntie Chong for these details, I heard nothing back. I followed up, but still nothing. After three days, Auntie Chong called me to say that Auntie Gek had accepted another job. During this time, I has turned down two other confinement ladies which I had spoken to, since I had already confirmed with Auntie Gek. So, my warning is to be careful when dealing with Auntie Gek as she may not be completely trustworthy. Also be careful when confinement ladies recommend their friends!

In parallel, now I have no confinement lady options, since the others I turned down are now booked out, despite baby not coming for another 7 months :(

Last edited:
Hi, my auntie has experience for 8 years as a confinement lady.

If you want, please pm me or give me your number so I can pass to her.

please dont employ a confinement lady by the name of AH CHOO. She is absolutely horrible. first day arrive she pass us the receipts of her taxi ride from custom woodlands to my place. She is from MELAKA. Anyway thats fine.

She told me she only given 21 days pass to be in Singapore.! so i ask her how? She ask us to apply work permit which would be another $200+. on top of S$2800.

She is not a big fan of Breastfeeding too. When i started breastfeeding with difficulty, it doesnt help her being there encouraging to bottled feed!

She nearly cut the unbilical cord off with a scissors and her reply was 'always its done like that'. Luckily we consulted our mother and advised us NEVER to cut off the remaining thread of umbilical cord. Let it drop off! Because once its infected after you cut , baby might get very sick!

She doesnt clean and wash for baby bottles. She uses tap water to rinse it off remaining milk and we later found out about.

Please Please dont contact or employ her.
+60 16 359 8443. You might regret it.

Hi all, first of all, I am a daddy, not a mommy. And I registered today just to give my feedback on this confinement nanny as my experience with her was unpleasant enough for me to spend time doing this. The nanny is Auntie Mei Ling from JB.

To put things straight, i have no complaints about how she took care of my baby girl. As far as i can tell, she did an ok job and her cooking is fine. She is generally easy to get along with at first. But what really got me riled up is that she had alot of personal issues and kept asking for "permission" to go out.

Her exact reasons are:
(A) Son's customer hse undergoing renovation. need to go help settle stuff
(B) Meeting a potential client
(C) Daughter in law stuck at custom, need to save her
(D) Need to see a doc who is in SG for only a week
(E) Need to re-visit the same doc who is leaving SG soon
(F) Pass money to daughter for CNY
(G) 3 days to attend her relative's wake

In all, she asked to go out 7 occasions in 7 weeks with us. When she came back after the wake, she said that she had sprained her leg and may not be safe to carry my baby around. So we proposed for her to go over to my mum's place during the day just for a couple days so my mum and maid will be around to help. And her response was that she would rather leave the job if she had to go over. That was it for me and I told her to leave immediately as I don't think I can trust her with my baby when she showed this type of attitude. I did a check online and realized that there was another similar feedback about her way back in 2010 in another forum.

So I guess if you are able to tolerate her behaviour, or if you could manage her better than i did, then she is fine. But if you are a first time mother who needs a lot of help from the nanny then you may want to reconsider. Personally, I couldnt say no to her requests as I had to entrust her with my baby but things got so bad that I rather cancel my plans and tell her to leave. I have my suspicion on what she is actually doing on those "off days" but i rather not speculate here.

Her details - Confinement Nanny Mei Ling / Meiling
+60149126928, 86798337

Last edited:

Back