Teacher Mummies

Hi all,

I just wanted to ask if any of you took no pay leave after having baby ? How will this affect the Connect Plan ?

Hi, your connect plan will be prorated to count the number of days u work. If u take NPL ur sch hols will be prorated also.. Coz they are paid sch hols

Hi, your connect plan will be prorated to count the number of days u work. If u take NPL ur sch hols will be prorated also.. Coz they are paid sch hols

Hi, it's great to chance upon this forums for teachers!! I'm taking NPL and I received an email from VITALS about the prorated school holidays. What do they mean? I'm taking the NPL from Jan to end of May, will be back in Jun, but since Jun is school holidays, does that mean that I won't get any pay that month? :(

Any teacher mummies here have taken 4 year NPL and successfully extend NPL since they say maximum of 4 years or till child turns 4 yr old.

hi
i have taken 4yr NPL but went back to "break the leave" b4 taking. there is a clause that indicates officers who have taken NPL must "pay back" by serving the ministry for at least a year or max 2/3 yrs full time(depending on how long your leave was) b4 you are allowed to take leave again.

however, there is always exception based on individual case. Ministry has to review and you need documents to support the need for extension.

hope this helps

Thx ahpeng ... I think I write in to appeal for extension .. My 4year NPL ending next year Sep.. They say by March I must write in if not they will allocate sch for me

Hi teacher mummies..if we can break leave during holis..does it mean that we have to come bk during holis for camps n cca...? Thanks all.

Hi there, i think all that depends on individual schools and leaders. But likeliness are yes, u gotta come back during holidays meetings and what not if your not covered by leave cos its official reporting time. From my understanding that is..

Huh but how can..bb needs to be fed 2-3 hrs right?

Well the first 8 weeks must be taken straight cannot break it apart..i guess if u want to break the leave u got to resort to alternative of pumping out ur milk for baby when u go back work for the hols?

Edd 1st sep ..realized that i cant break leave n will lose 6 wks of sch holis...ok to take 3-4 weeks of maternity leave before the EDD? Since will hv to report to wk next year on 2nd jan anyway :_(

Edd 1st sep ..realized that i cant break leave n will lose 6 wks of sch holis...ok to take 3-4 weeks of maternity leave before the EDD? Since will hv to report to wk next year on 2nd jan anyway :_(

Should be able to take ML before Edd. Just let ur school and gynae knows you wanna start early to rest or prep for birth. Its ur entitlement.

Hi I'm Ani and It's so nice to have this thread where I can meet all the teacher mummies!!
I guess only teachers can understand what we are going thru! It's so nice really

I hear that you dont need to start ML earlier, if your doc gives you HL before your due date.

Yupp my doc gave me abt 3 weeks HL to rest cos of my low blood sugar level and i take forever to climb up stairs since my sch no lift.

I was quite lucky actually cos i had nov & dec hols followed by HL before i pop then now my ML. So ive been on 'off' since sch term closed last yr on 2014. Thats like 6 mths of away from work.

Any mummies know how does 3/5 load works. Does it mean the pay received is also pro rates to 3/5 of the last drawn pay rate? And are we still entitled for PB?

I went on NPL and quitted last year though was on flexi adjunct scheme from 2012-2015( while on NPL after giving birth to dd2 and dd3). Now MOE says my status as flexi adjunct teacher will be deactivated from September onwards: I have to serve out the minimum service period before I apply for flexi adjunct teaching again.

What does this mean?

I dont quite get the full picture.. but I do know that we have to serve for a minimum service period after NPL. e.g. 1 yr NPL = be with MOE for 1 yr (service upon end of NPL). If one quits at the end of NPL, the person cannot be employed by MOE until that 1 yr (of non-existent service) is over. something liddat...

Hi, if I want to appeal to stay in my school to serve out the minimum service period, what is the chance of the appeal?

Cos my VP called MOE and she was told I need to appeal if I want to stay in the school? ( cos I quitted from full time teaching last year while I was on no-pay leave)

Dear mummies

I have been a member in this forum for many years and of coz a mummy myself

Today, I would like to let teachers or tutors whom are interested to explore tutoring full or part time in tuition centre in bukit batok to please contact for more details.

Coming from a non local org where my previous colleagues are like a close knit family, we strive to build a centre that has student, educators n centre wellbeing at heart.

Please don't hesitate to contact and have a chat.

[email protected]

Thanks

Back