Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Just back from USA.. Bought maternity clothing a there.. So much cheaper with lots of variety.. Plus just some baby girl clothing .. Don't dare to buy a lot cos don't know it will really be a girl or not..

My ankle is now swollen like a pig!! Think it is the impact of being pregnant while flying.. Blood flow restricted..
How far along are u now? Any advice or tips for flying?

Im kaisu.. i wanna do the most expensive test instead of the normal test. Kaisu cos of my age and the complication im going thru now
Yes me too... I want more definite answers yet dun want to go thru amnio or cvs so I had been looking ard for alternative scans n tests...
I thot the doc would just recommend Oscar. How do u know what tests would be more suitable?

How far along are u now? Any advice or tips for flying?
I'm now 18 wks.. During the flight, best to walk around and wear compression socks.. This is to avoid dvt. Sigh... My ankle still swelling a bit.. Later need to do some massage for blood circulation..

Hi sisters, firstly, congrats to all mummies here. :)

Second, I need some advice badly...
Today I had my first scan at week 6 day 3. But from the scan shows week 6, 0 day, measures 3.3mm.
No heart beat detected.
Dr says growth bit slow.. And need scan 10 days later. I know I should stay positive but really ... Not easy...

Can anyone shares with me if you have similar experiences please...?

There was only a black dot when I did my first scan at 6w. Nothg much could be seen. I think it was more to rule out ectopic pregnancy. The embryo would need some time to grow. I'm at 15w now. Baby is healthy so far. Dun worry too much k. Hugs.

Thanks mos burger i fell better now :) hugss

Today I had my first scan at week 6 day 3. But from the scan shows week 6, 0 day, measures 3.3mm.
No heart beat detected.
Dr says growth bit slow.. And need scan 10 days later. I know I should stay positive but really ... Not easy...

I also ask the same question, don't worry just pray for the best. I heard some people will only see the heart beat on 8wks...

hi all, i'm new here. hello all and congrats to all!

I just got tested for my Beta and KKIVF (which I've mostly had a good experience with, especially the nurses who are so sweet and lovely) called to congratulate me on my pregnancy. when i went down to get my results and more progesterone, the admin nurse said my hCG level was super high - 4400.9. she said it might be twins, GULPS - anyone has that kinda of number here? anyone with expecting twins and had similar numbers?

Stacyhf, congrats... most likely twins cos my hcg was 4k then a week later 16k
Hi Dolly Gal,
Thanks for replying! My first reply! :) Wow twins, I really can't imagine this! have to start saving money for the future - this is coming down fast and hard!

Hi ladies, my buttock and thigh have been feeling aching pain after injection since last Tuesday (spotting twice in 1.5 mths). I didn't have this feeling when I was given injection the last 2 times. Called KKH but they said it's normal. Does anyone have this experience before?

Hi ladies, my buttock and thigh have been feeling aching pain after injection since last Tuesday (spotting twice in 1.5 mths). I didn't have this feeling when I was given injection the last 2 times. Called KKH but they said it's normal. Does anyone have this experience before?
Injection on the same spot? If it is.. Maybe that explain..

No heart beat detected.

Hi similar thing happened with my last pregnancy. I scanned exactly on 6 wk. no fetal pole and hb. Dr said outcome is no gd and asked to come back a wk later to re scan. One wk later there was fetal pole and hb. But I miscarried at abt 11 wks.
However, I have seen others on SMH who were in the same situation and delivered successfully. I hope u will be one of the success cases.

Sorry to add on further, u have seen fetal pole already. That is a very gd sign. Hb only begins somewhere in 6th week so mb urs is the later part of the 6th wk... Try not to stress too much over it.

If you are concern, you can call the ivf center.. But cramp might be due to egg retrieval procedure.. Should not be a cause of worry.. There is another ivf thread in the forum, rather active there.. Good for support during the 2ww..

Anyone here on Duphaston? I'm feeling nauseas and bloated and I'm not sure if it's the pills that making me sick or early pregnancy.

Stacyhf, congrats... most likely twins cos my hcg was 4k then a week later 16k
hi dolly_gal, turns out it isn't twins. it's a singleton! weird! the doc says possible that while i have a healthy one in my womb (we heard it's beautiful heartbeat yesterday!) there might be one lurking in a tube that might be ectopic. so in 3 weeks we have a scan again to see. right now, the scan doesn't show anything amiss.

hi dolly_gal, turns out it isn't twins. it's a singleton! weird! the doc says possible that while i have a healthy one in my womb (we heard it's beautiful heartbeat yesterday!) there might be one lurking in a tube that might be ectopic. so in 3 weeks we have a scan again to see. right now, the scan doesn't show anything amiss.
Stacyhf, b it twin or Singleton, as long it's healthy n stick tight tight to u...
I have high hcg n twin but lost one at wk 7,so all I want is healthy bb in my hands will do..take care n rest well

Congrats...

May u know are u working now?
Or resting at hm?
I m still working, at wk32 now. All the best to ivf mummies here. I understand the journey is not easy cos we tend to get worry easily. Rest n relax n learn from those experience mummies in ur due month smh thread. Moral support n knowledge from them is precious to me from them..

Yeah!!! Have you done your detailed scanning? Mine will be next Monday.. Hopefully can conclude the gender of the baby..

hi everyone i would like to ask how much is the charge for ivf procedure?Now im on clomid if there is no result end of year my gynae suggest to go for IVF since my age getting older...
Now im on subsidied patient in kkh once i n my hubby agreed to do ivf everythg include test will be private rate

hi everyone i would like to ask how much is the charge for ivf procedure?Now im on clomid if there is no result end of year my gynae suggest to go for IVF since my age getting older...
Now im on subsidied patient in kkh once i n my hubby agreed to do ivf everythg include test will be private rate

mine is about $13k. Medisave is $6K which I split w my husband and govt subsidy of $6k.

Don't say too early.. Mine last throughout the first tri.. N I am still having a bit of nausea at tri 2... Tomorrow will be my wk20.. Half way through.. Another 20 wks more.. :)
I'm week 19 now.. :) Time passed so fast and i am halfway thru..
I'm 17 weeks now. Time passes so slowly for me... Can't wait to know baby's gender to start shopping. Dun dare to buy anything yet.

Still having ms. :( :(

Don't say too early.. Mine last throughout the first tri.. N I am still having a bit of nausea at tri 2... Tomorrow will be my wk20.. Half way through.. Another 20 wks more.. :)

Fingers crossed, I managed my MS a little better. I've never vomited but always felt nausea and a lot of indigestion. Sigh. But yeah after reading tips here and in books, eating many small meals a day really helps. It's like an epiphany.

Mei.. You will.. :)

Just finish my wk20 scan.. All is well.. Except baby a bit underweight. Maybe due to my nausea problem.. Baby has a sharp chin.. Hehe.. Hope resemble me.. Be healthy and adorable.. :) that will be my wish.

Hi hope,
On wk20 you still have nausea? I'm so worry too that baby underweight because i can't really eat.
I'm on 9wks now and my weight is dropping 2kg...

Ya.. I still have.. Drink more milk and eat more fish.. Maybe you try to drink maternal milk.. Just for the sake of baby..

Hope,

I don't like milk so afraid after i buy the maternal milk can't drink and wasted.
I try to eat fish but sometimes don't really like the smell but sometime ok. Haha so funny!!

You can request for sample from their web. If not, eat yogurt.. It's natural calcium with probiotic.. Good for you and baby..

Yeah request already since 3wks ago but until today haven't get the sample.
Sure will try to eat everything healthy that i can...

Hi mommies to be,
When you had your transfer, how did you decide how many to put in? Are there any successful stories here with 1 blastocyst? Doc wants to know how many I want to put in. I do not want twins in the case if I put 2 but I also want to have a successful story like yours. Any advice?

Hi mommies to be,
When you had your transfer, how did you decide how many to put in? Are there any successful stories here with 1 blastocyst? Doc wants to know how many I want to put in. I do not want twins in the case if I put 2 but I also want to have a successful story like yours. Any advice?
Hi i put in one day 2 embryo (not by choice, it's all I had). So yes, you can be successful and chance of success with blastocyst supposed to be higher. Wish u all the best ;)

Congratulations hi_mei! I had 1 day-2 as well but was a bfn. Anymore success stories, especially with 1 embryo?

My fren put one embryo as she is below 35 yrs old. She conceived in the attempt.. I am allowed to put 2 embryo as I am 35 yrs old and conceived a singleton.. so I suggest to follow dr's recommendation based on age group

Hi hope,
On wk20 you still have nausea? I'm so worry too that baby underweight because i can't really eat.
Vinka, do u want to try TCM? I do find with TCM medication it has made nausea less... There are qt a few TCM recommendations on SMH u can choose one near ur house.

Or else doctors have some anti-nausea meds... U can ask ur gynae. Hope u feel better soon...

Congratulations hi_mei! I had 1 day-2 as well but was a bfn. Anymore success stories, especially with 1 embryo?
I had only 1 embryo for my 2nd fresh back in 2012, was w nuh prof wong...he suggested to abort cycle midway when scan revealed poor egg yield. I cried buckets, wanted to abort the cycle, nurse also told us it's better to abort cycle...I thought so too so as not to waste more $$ and I didnt want to go through er n et with just 1 embryo

But my hb was so full of faith, he trusted that our good God will grant us our hearts' desire and insisted to proceed w er n et

Praise God, our little boy is now 22.5 months :)

Totally feel encouraged by you ladies here. Thank you! I'm 39. Doc thinks 1 blasto is good enough for me. I have 4 blastos. 2 4aa and 2 4bb. I am not convinced though I really think he is a good doc. A doctor who doesn't care would be quick to recommend 2 so that his clinic gets higher rating. Right now i just need to ask for real life examples. You guys should come to the ivf thread sometimes and give some encouragement. It's a little gloomy there sometimes.

Totally feel encouraged by you ladies here. Thank you! I'm 39. Doc thinks 1 blasto is good enough for me. I have 4 blastos. 2 4aa and 2 4bb. I am not convinced though I really think he is a good doc. A doctor who doesn't care would be quick to recommend 2 so that his clinic gets higher rating. Right now i just need to ask for real life examples. You guys should come to the ivf thread sometimes and give some encouragement. It's a little gloomy there sometimes.
chuckles, I transferred only 1 day2 too cos thats all I have. I was devastated when dr told me im left with only 1 and was even thinking of aborting the transfer in the et rm. Heng dr managed to convince me that transferring 2 doesn't mean increasing the chances. I guess when its urs, it will be. I had transferred perfect day3 and blasto b4 (always 2 embies) but also bfn. This time rd, only 1 day2 made it! Trust roland's advice bah...he's a gd dr but maybe abit too safe. I din go to him this rd and he was expecting that I'll fail this cycle cos was quite haywire and with only 1 embie. Maybe some of us r jus not meant to follow the perfect process hehe. But most impt, be confident and accept whatever comes, dun be stressed!

I had only 1 embryo for my 2nd fresh back in 2012, was w nuh prof wong...he suggested to abort cycle midway when scan revealed poor egg yield. I cried buckets, wanted to abort the cycle, nurse also told us it's better to abort cycle...I thought so too so as not to waste more $$ and I didnt want to go through er n et with just 1 embryo

But my hb was so full of faith, he trusted that our good God will grant us our hearts' desire and insisted to proceed w er n et

Praise God, our little boy is now 22.5 months :)

hi @jamp_jamp, thank God for direction and protection :)
I am also w nuh- dun have any more embryos left to freeze. Only 3-4 matured eggs are retrieved and 2 fertilised embryos to transfer.

Hi hope,
Baby will absorb whatever u have even if u dun eat much. Dun worry too much. Try taking small, frequent meals instead of ur regular meals. I had very bad ms in first trimester, lost 4kg then and the ms hasn't tapered off at all at 19 weeks. My weight started to regain only around 16 weeks. Just to share, when I can't eat, I at least try to drink lots of fluids, eat soft foods like yoghurt, mashed potato, cream mushroom soup and fruits. Do try to drink milk coz calcium is very, very important. Alternatively, go get calcium tablets from the doc or pharmacy.

Hi mommies to be,
I transferred 2 Day-2 embryos. I have only 5 fertilized eggs. The remaining 3 were frozen. It's not so easy to get twins. The eggs yielded during my ER were very few so waiting for blasto was too much of a risk which might result in a failed cycle. My doc recommended 2 for transfer. None of my previous fertility attempts had resulted in successful conception, not even a chemical pregnancy so doc advises I should go for the max quantity allowed for my age group.

I am very blessed to be having a singleton now.

Last edited:
U can ask ur doc why he thinks 1 blasto is good enough for u. In my earlier post, I mentioned why my doc thinks I should transfer 2 Day-2 embryos. Every decision at each stage of the ivf cycle is a chance/risk we take. Trust ur gut feeling and go along with it.

All the best in ur cycle! :)

Just want to rant... I've two good friends of decade-long friendship who are still single. I regret telling them abt me doing ivf. I have kept a distance from them to maintain peace and quiet for myself becoz I really treasure my pregnancy very much. From the time they started asking when my husband and I were gg to have babies to the time I went on to doing ivf, they kept complaining why I was engrossed w baby making instead of gg for holidays with them. When I was doing ivf, I was already stressed out by the daily jabs but they complained I was too emo, so many ppl have done ivf, if I couldn't take the stress then I should forget abt the whole baby making idea. When I finally got pregnant, I told them the good news after the 2ww blood test, they replied "See, I told u medical science is advanced. Want baby just do ivf." I stopped contacting them and updating them for the next few months. I really dun like the way they dun try to empathize with me and the kind of remarks they made. When they last asked me out and I declined, they complained I'm very emo when I'm pregnant, that I'm weird refuse to go out with them after getting pregnant. I dun want to explain or defend myself anymore. It seems pointless coz they dun understand. I feel sad. It seems like I'm gg to lose these two good friends but I get tired easily now that I'm almost 5 months along so I also dun feel like hanging out with them anymore. It is emotionally draining listening to the way they comment abt my baby making attempts and pregnancy. In their eyes, I am indeed very emo.

Back