IVF/ICSI Support Group

ladies anyone knows what is the criteria for eggs to be matured aftr retrieval?i know once fertilised they wil b able to transfer into us as embryo . but shouldnt the dr knw whc are the matured eggs before they retrieve it out during ER ? or could it be that during scanning it looks matured but aftr taken out it is nt and so cannot be used ? i am not too sure about the matured part. i see so many sisters with so mny eggs retrieved yet alot not matured ,i am wondering why. i was even told once tt some eggs look lik an egg but aftr retrieval may realise they r not . is there such thing?

I had a scratch today to prepare for fet. No idea that was going to happen and the pain was a little unbearable. Sorry Anamika87. I wanted to ask abt the meds given to me but I forgot. Too shocked for a moment in the clinic.
He asked me how many embies I want to transfer. I don't know. I have 4 blastos. What do you think? 1 or 2? Doc said the chances of pregnancy is the same for both. Doesn't matter it seems if I put in 1 or 2.
i suggest 2 :)

Thefruitfulone, big hugs and hope you’re feeling at least a little better after a good cry.

I prepped my body and tried different exercises prior to the FET but too bad, none to good use that cycle. Actually after the aborted cycle, I went to have an ice blended beverage which I haven’t touch for many months. Haa brain freeze.

I really have no interest to see TCM (mil suggested) nor do anything more now. Afterall, my first bfp 2 years ago I wasn’t doing anything special. Just eat and do whatever I liked and I didn’t even expect I would fall preggie.

Now we just take it easy month by month. No OPK or such. If we BD and it happens to catch the time, then the rest leave to the dude up there. We just shift our priorities in life.

Hope your next FET gives you wonderous result.

Anamika, any call from KKH?

I had a scratch today to prepare for fet. No idea that was going to happen and the pain was a little unbearable. Sorry Anamika87. I wanted to ask abt the meds given to me but I forgot. Too shocked for a moment in the clinic.
He asked me how many embies I want to transfer. I don't know. I have 4 blastos. What do you think? 1 or 2? Doc said the chances of pregnancy is the same for both. Doesn't matter it seems if I put in 1 or 2.
hi chuckles ,
hope u have recovered from your shock. poor girl..your doctor said transfer 1 or 2 the chances of pregnancy is the same ? y huh? tot it will be higher chance. if chances are the same then y do most doctors want to transfer 2 ?

Hi ladies,anybody know kkh as a private patient to ask for medical report do we need to pay? I thinking of asking for a copy of the hysteroscopy report but e medical report office told me need to pay! Wat e hack. I rem someone posted e reoort is free as private patient.

I will put 2. Cos u have done endo scratch le n its fet, body have rested. Dun waste e endo scratch which some gals say will aid in implantation

I realize i didn't sleep at night, didn't drink a lot of water, drink chicken essense, eat bazil nut. So never really help my embyro to stick on. Hai...

Must sleep at night. I slept too much in the day. So the body system didn't rest welll.
For yr frozen,its also done by dr tan hh?

I realize i didn't sleep at night, didn't drink a lot of water, drink chicken essense, eat bazil nut. So never really help my embyro to stick on. Hai...

Must sleep at night. I slept too much in the day. So the body system didn't rest welll.
Oh..I also realised I have this problem too. Like now,I'm oversleeping during day time n couldn't sleep at night while I'm on mc
When do u intend to start a fresh cycle?

I'd put 2 if I were you. Actually i that putting in more embies will increase the chance of pregnancy, so I'm puzzled by yr Dr's advice that the chances are the same. On the other hand, putting in more than 1 embie has the possibility of multiple births, which makes the pregnancy more complicated. For me, I rather take this 'risk' for a higher chance of success in my ivf.[/QUOTE]

Hi Anamika,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Did you check with the nurse if you can consult other Drs since Dr Sadhana is not around?

I'm personally affected by Dr Sadhana's leave too. I see her as a private patient because I wanted her to follow my case. I was all set to start my cycle in Oct after my last consultation with her. However, when I called KKH for the 1st scan when my AF arrived, only to be told that she will be on leave during my estimated ER and ET dates. I was very upset, cos I felt that KKH should inform Sadhana's patients whose IVF cycles are affected in advance. I was told that I can wait till Nov, but I'm sure many sisters here will agree it's a great disappointment to delay a cycle once our mind is fixed on starting a very impt journey. I decided to go ahead, and I was re-assigned Dr Tan HH.

Nonetheless, I'm happy with Dr Tan HH's care for my ER and ET. He's really friendly and encouraging. But I would have to say that KKH's IVF process is not really patient oriented. How things are done many a times are to accommodate Drs' busy schedule. I supposed this is how things are in hospitals now, not sure about private hospitals though.

Hope that your issue will be resolved tmr. Take care.

Happypeanuts I can understand the feeling when our cycled is cancelled with some reasons like this. However dont worry u r in safe hands. thank u for ur wishes sadhana replied me and I started my cycle.

Hi ladies,anybody know kkh as a private patient to ask for medical report do we need to pay? I thinking of asking for a copy of the hysteroscopy report but e medical report office told me need to pay! Wat e hack. I rem someone posted e reoort is free as private patient.
i pay for my historial report too ($6+), very comprehensive one cost nearly $100..forget about it. Need to get the report from KK medical report centre.

i pay for my historial report too ($6+), very comprehensive one cost nearly $100..forget about it. Need to get the report from KK medical report centre.
Does this $6 report states what has been done in the procedure n the final results diagnosis after the procedure?

Hi ladies,embrologist just called n informed me out of the 18eggs they retrieved, only 8 are matured and out of 8, only 4 are fertilized. N I'm scheduled to do ET tomorrow morning.
Am worried the 4 won't be good grade.embroys. really worried.
4 seems to be a Low Number: (
You did er at kkh yesterday? How come kkh din call my wife and just said et tmr. No news on how many eggs and all that

Thanks ladies. I thought abt it and you are right. Plus, so many ladies who put 2 end up with 1 anyways. I don't think I can cope with twins but I'm hoping at least 1 will stick.
:) the doc was quoting the statistics. He also said that there are 6 times more risks for multiple pregnancies. I'm just afraid of carrying 2 babies around. We shall see. I need to read more about these risks before I decide.

You did er at kkh yesterday? How come kkh din call my wife and just said et tmr. No news on how many eggs and all that

I'm with Dr Loh not kkh.
Hmmmm..That's weird.
Usually next day after ER, embryologist will call to inform on Number of eggs retrieved and Number of matured and fertilized eggs

I'm with Dr Loh not kkh.
Hmmmm..That's weird.
Usually next day after ER, embryologist will call to inform on Number of eggs retrieved and Number of matured and fertilized eggs
So disappointed. Called kkh ask about the eggs and they just kept saying no and to just go tmr for et. Sigh

That was what happened to me when I did my first ivf at kkh. I only knew I had 1 miserable embryo just before the transfer.

So disappointed. Called kkh ask about the eggs and they just kept saying no and to just go tmr for et. Sigh

I'm also gg for et tomorrow. Good luck to your wife Tml!

What I understand is tomorrow before the procedure, they will Inform us the Number of embryos we have and the grading and we will let them How many embryos to transfer

Since they have arranged for ET tomorrow, I believe there is a minim of 2 embryos ready to be transferred for.your wife

I'm also gg for et tomorrow. Good luck to your wife Tml!

What I understand is tomorrow before the procedure, they will Inform us the Number of embryos we have and the grading and we will let them How many embryos to transfer

Since they have arranged for ET tomorrow, I believe there is a minim of 2 embryos ready to be transferred for.your wife
All the best to you!! Hope everyone all turns out well although kkh does makes it more stressful than should be

I think that's the norm with kkh. I didn't know what to expect and just went with what I was told. After ER, 2 days later was ET. During the day of ET, while i was lying on the OT, then i was told how many embryos I have. Then the doc ask me on the spot, whether I want to go for blastocyst and come back for ET on day 5. Expecting my hubby and i to make decision on the spot. The doc also smile quite awkwardly, saying they should have discussed with me before. I went ahead cos hubby already applied leave and not sure he can take again few days later. Only after ET is done, then this lady, i suppose is the embryologist, came to tell me what they are going to do with my embryos. All these while I am still lying on the OT.

I think that's the norm with kkh. I didn't know what to expect and just went with what I was told. After ER, 2 days later was ET. During the day of ET, while i was lying on the OT, then i was told how many embryos I have. Then the doc ask me on the spot, whether I want to go for blastocyst and come back for ET on day 5. Expecting my hubby and i to make decision on the spot. The doc also smile quite awkwardly, saying they should have discussed with me before. I went ahead cos hubby already applied leave and not sure he can take again few days later. Only after ET is done, then this lady, i suppose is the embryologist, came to tell me what they are going to do with my embryos. All these while I am still lying on the OT.
Omg!! Lying in ot and ask to make such a decision?? That's horrid!! I'm also very mixed about five day blast vs d2 transfer, any opinions on that?

Each hospital has their own protocol, even among govt hospitals. I'm pretty sure Pte ones are more attentive.

I find just go with the flow of the hospital you go to and don't compare with pte's practice or you may add unnecessary stress. I knew KKH doesnt let us know in advance on our embie development so let it be. Just keep the positivity and trust our embies and the Embroyologist. Have good rest of the body and mind for the ET.

For the blasto culture, it was already discussed with my doc way before my ER.

Gooiee who is your doc in KKH? I did d2 and blasto transfer before and both didn't work anyway. And not everyone is suited for blasto by the way. It depends on many factors. You should discuss the options with your doc.

Each hospital has their own protocol, even among govt hospitals. I'm pretty sure Pte ones are more attentive.

I find just go with the flow of the hospital you go to and don't compare with pte's practice or you may add unnecessary stress. I knew KKH doesnt let us know in advance on our embie development so let it be. Just keep the positivity and trust our embies and the Embroyologist. Have good rest of the body and mind for the ET.

Gooiee who is your doc in KKH? I did d2 and blasto transfer before and both didn't work anyway. And not everyone is suited for blasto by the way. It depends on many factors. You should discuss the options with your doc.
Redvel may i know why not everyone suited for blasto? I am with nuh, and so far satisfied witg their system. But when i did fresh, i didnt discuss witg dr abt blast. I thought embryologist will be able to decide if embryo can be cultured to d3 or d5. That time embryologist called me everyday to update how is embies doing, so i really leave it to them

We are with dr Steven tan. I'm just worried that they ask me what we want instead of advising us what's best. We have 15 eggs and so worried about what the outcome of that is. Just thinking that if we had more information then we could be better prepared instead of thinking we might have a wrong decision at the last minute if they ask

Omg!! Lying in ot and ask to make such a decision?? That's horrid!! I'm also very mixed about five day blast vs d2 transfer, any opinions on that?

Hi Gooiee,

Didn't know that we can decide when to transfer... By the way I came across this research that states that D5 better then D2. But then again it depends on individual... Not sure if I have a chance to see dr sadhana to discuss that... I think if I don't get to see her, revdel's point that going with the flow might be the best option... Less expectation , less stress.

Good luck to those doing ET tmr!

http://m.humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/6/1507.long

ttc77, oh tomorrow it's your ET? So exciting. May you have sweet dreams and say big hi to your embies tomorrow.

Although me not in ivf anymore but i still find this thread still has a special place in my heart. hee.

We are with dr Steven tan. I'm just worried that they ask me what we want instead of advising us what's best. We have 15 eggs and so worried about what the outcome of that is. Just thinking that if we had more information then we could be better prepared instead of thinking we might have a wrong decision at the last minute if they ask

I did read that Dr Steven is pretty good too so you and your wifey are in good hands.

During my consultation with my doc, we keep it very open and even if doc asks you what you prefer, you should also have the opportunity to ask him what he thinks. That's what consultation is. He will be able to advice you based on his expertise. Ultimately it's still your call and also how much you trust your doc. So try not to worry too much.

straw1, firstly, if one doesnt have "enough" fertilised eggs, doc won't recommend blasto culture. As in how many is enough, depends on your doc's discretion. And I also believe the embryologist will monitor the growth of the embies to decide if they should be transfered earlier rather than continuing the culture. This would depend on his/her expertise.

For me due to age, my doc recommends blasto for higher success chance (though was still a bust) since I've had sufficient embies.

I've had a couple of ladies over ivf 2015 thread, responding to my questions abt 1 or 2 embryo transfer. So encouraged by their success stories. To those doing your et soon, have faith. It can happen. :)

hopeful_still, which stage are you? I got to see Dr Sadhana during consultations and ER/ET. I remember I did chat with her a bit while in the OT, ready for ER.

As a "paying customer", we can choose the transfer day but I think better to let the embryologist decide for us since they know their job better :)

Some ladies here have shared before they don't agree on D5 as an embie has better chance of growth in its natural habitat than in the petri dish. However, I still feel if an embie can't survive the culture to D5, it likely can't do well being transfered earlier. So, really depends on each's belief.

Anyway, after doing these couple rounds of transfers, I still think it all still lies in the hands of fate.

hopeful_still, which stage are you? I got to see Dr Sadhana during consultations and ER/ET. I remember I did chat with her a bit while in the OT, ready for ER.

As a "paying customer", we can choose the transfer day but I think better to let the embryologist decide for us since they know their job better :)

Some ladies here have shared before they don't agree on D5 as an embie has better chance of growth in its natural habitat than in the petri dish. However, I still feel if an embie can't survive the culture to D5, it likely can't do well being transfered earlier. So, really depends on each's belief.

Anyway, after doing these couple rounds of transfers, I still think it all still lies in the hands of fate.

Hi redvel,

I'm in day 7 stims today. Back to kkh to scan again on Monday. Saw the doc on duty and. She mentioned that ER likely to be end next week if all goes well... Let's see how and take a step at a time la.

For this cycle I didn't plan for any leave or reschedule any work... Just go with the flow. Take as it comes.

Actually I was scheduled for sept cycle, I did so much prep la leave la in the end cycle cancel due to cyst found during D2 scan:(

Hi Gooiee,

Didn't know that we can decide when to transfer... By the way I came across this research that states that D5 better then D2. But then again it depends on individual... Not sure if I have a chance to see dr sadhana to discuss that... I think if I don't get to see her, revdel's point that going with the flow might be the best option... Less expectation , less stress.

Good luck to those doing ET tmr!

http://m.humrep.oxfordjournals.org/content/17/6/1507.long
I also read that day five has better chances but at the back of my head yet thinking that kkh conceive so many babies in a year, they should know better that's why their protocol is only d2? Each cycle is so precious because its such an emotional ride and we just want the best chances we can have. The worst that can happen is to have any "what ifs" at the end. Sigh. Hope today et is all good

I had the same experience with KKH and was rather taken aback at how it was being done. Prior to the ET, I imagined that Dr will first explain to us the development of our embies in a consultation room, then discuss whether to proceed with ET or to wait for blast.

I felt rather awkward lying on the OT chair having the discussion. I guess this is to save Dr's time. The patient will have to get all ready before Dr comes in, no time wasted for patient to get changed while the Dr waits.

Nonetheless, I'm just sharing so that sisters will know what to expect when they do ET at KKH in future, my intention is not to condemn the hospital.

Btw, drinking the right amount of water at the right timing before ER is important. A few ladies before me had to wait after their bladder scan cos not full enough. Instructions given was empty bladder 1 hour before scheduled appt, then drink 2 cups of water. However things will get tricky if the ET is delayed. If we can't tahan and need to use the toilet, can go ahead. But need to drink again and wait for bladder to become full.

I had the same experience with KKH and was rather taken aback at how it was being done. Prior to the ET, I imagined that Dr will first explain to us the development of our embies in a consultation room, then discuss whether to proceed with ET or to wait for blast.

I felt rather awkward lying on the OT chair having the discussion. I guess this is to save Dr's time. The patient will have to get all ready before Dr comes in, no time wasted for patient to get changed while the Dr waits.

Nonetheless, I'm just sharing so that sisters will know what to expect when they do ET at KKH in future, my intention is not to condemn the hospital.

Btw, drinking the right amount of water at the right timing before ER is important. A few ladies before me had to wait after their bladder scan cos not full enough. Instructions given was empty bladder 1 hour before scheduled appt, then drink 2 cups of water. However things will get tricky if the ET is delayed. If we can't tahan and need to use the toilet, can go ahead. But need to drink again and wait for bladder to become full.

Yeap, i am not condemning either. Just thought whoever is going for the first et at kkh would know what to expect.

No matter what, the final decision lies in God's hands. :)

Good luck to all having et soon!

Don't mind me asking.....How many embies did you have? I assume this discussion was possible only because you had quite a few candidates? What decision did you make in the end and how was the outcome?

Good luck for those having et.

By the way,just curious,does thomson tmc and other private centre accept blood test from kkh that is valid within 6 mths? Meaning if the bloodtest for hiv etc is already done in kkh,if the person tries private within 6 mths with this bloodtest report,she can use it and do not need to retake at e private centre again?

Good luck for those having et.

By the way,just curious,does thomson tmc and other private centre accept blood test from kkh that is valid within 6 mths? Meaning if the bloodtest for hiv etc is already done in kkh,if the person tries private within 6 mths with this bloodtest report,she can use it and do not need to retake at e private centre again?
I did my blood test at tmc and went to kkh. It was accepted so I guess it works both ways? But note that the six months is up till day of transfer not the day you start the process

I will be doing my fet next year jan as i already had holiday plans before that.
This time round i will be with Dr Tan HH. Previously i was with Dr Lau, positive but sadly mc on week 18.

Dr Tan mentioned that my womb is weak and n next pregnancy will need to do stitching.

Any idea what i can do these few mths while waiting for the fet?

For tcm, im starting seeing dr he qiuling from eu yang sang @ chinatown last mth.

Any other ways i can do to strengthen my womb?

I will be doing my fet next year jan as i already had holiday plans before that.
This time round i will be with Dr Tan HH. Previously i was with Dr Lau, positive but sadly mc on week 18.

Dr Tan mentioned that my womb is weak and n next pregnancy will need to do stitching.

Any idea what i can do these few mths while waiting for the fet?

For tcm, im starting seeing dr he qiuling from eu yang sang @ chinatown last mth.

Any other ways i can do to strengthen my womb?
Meling,nice to hear from you again. Thought u are going to dr yu su ling?

Hello connie_hopeful! Yup i went dr yu but she recommend me to use my last blast before starting a new cycle. So decided to go back kkh.
Oic. All e best meiling!

Dr yu didnt advise u to transfer the blasto to sgh? Or this cannot be done or is it too risky?

Last edited:
Hi...its been10 days since my ET. My bloatedness subsided and i probably feel normal now. Hmm..i know i just being paranoid, but am i out? Pain also worry...no pain also worry....so difficult to be a woman.... my blood test will be this coming fri......

Gooiee, How is your ET?
I'm done with mine. It's very fast!

We have 4 fertilized eggs, 3embryos are grade 1 and 1 grade 2.
So we transferred two n freeze two

Now it's really leave it to fate. Nothing we can do now

Oic. All e best meiling!

Dr yu didnt advise u to transfer the blasto to sgh? Or this cannot be done or is it too risky?

Yes she did ask me to transfer. But i only left 1 blast so i think not worth to spend extra on the transferring and storage. Cos it will work up to $600 to $700.

And no one can confirm that the blast will survive after thaw.

Back