Ovarian Cyst & Pregnancy

Arashzee

Hello ladies!

I'm 23 weeks pregnant now.
During the 21st week appointment which was the detail scan, a cyst has been diagnosed in my left ovary during ultrasound. Initially the cyst was spotted during one of my appointment in 1st trimester but my Gynae said not to worry as it may shrink after some time and shall monitor it grows.
Since then the cyst has grown and Gynae said the worry is that the cyst might twist and rupture.

She gave us few options....
1) To undergo surgery and get it removed ASAP, but slim chances of uterus contraction leading to miscarriage.
2) Opt C-sec for my baby delivery and have the cyst removed one shot during the surgery procedure.
3) Just leave it and keep monitoring. Deliver the baby (as I opted for 100% natural delivery) safely VBC. After that schedule for a surgery to get the cyst removed.

Okay. Am very much worried about my baby. I want to deliver my baby at a gestation of 40weeks safely and naturally as much as possible.

My Gynae is Dr Watt Wing Fong from Raffles Hospital.

I'm pretty skeptical to remove it, because i do not like unnecessary operation, and I'm afraid if i cut the area again, will it weaken my muscles and cause risk to my future babies?

Also, is it really necessary to remove it since it is not causing me any problems for now?

Anyone encountered such case before?

Anyone knows more or in depth of this issue?

Please share some advise and your experience.

Luv & blessings to everyone[/QUOTE]

I also had cyst from week 6 onwards... My gyne keep telling me don't worry too much after I went to goggle more info. I opted for c sec as I wanted my gyne to remove the cyst if it was still there though towards my last stage of pregnancy cyst cannot be seen. True enough no cyst was found

I also had cyst from week 6 onwards... My gyne keep telling me don't worry too much after I went to goggle more info. I opted for c sec as I wanted my gyne to remove the cyst if it was still there though towards my last stage of pregnancy cyst cannot be seen. True enough no cyst was found

Hi poohbear,

I've heard this from many mummies. Who was your Gynae? But my cyst was found to be grown from 1cm to 4.9cm over the past 5months. I just hope it either shrinks away or Atleast does no harm to my baby/womb

My gyne was Dr Esther Ng. I can't remembered the size of mine. Or u want to seek second opinion? When I 1st heard abt the cyst I was so worried and keep praying ...

Back