IVF/ICSI Support Group

Me too thinking if my cycle cancel I wil shift to another hospital. Today I desperately want to cry I went inside toilet and cried a lot.

Ivf for us emotionally and financially a big and great struggle then how can they take it so easy?

How are u pepper? How is ur baby? Did ur womb issue solved?

Hi anamika87,
If you don't get govt grant, why are you with kkh? I don't mean it in a bad way but private gynaes take better care of you at the $ you are paying. In and out of clinic in an hour or less. More scans and very close monitoring.
Saizen may or may not help. There's no guarantee but at least you should be given what was promised. Hugs! Ivf is give us such a roller coaster emotions. Cry, talk to us and if u need recommendations of private gynaes, just ask. A few of us here are private patients too.

So many happenings in this thread :)

Anamika,sorry upon reading your experience.I would feel like crying too if I were you :( Sigh.if This is bad.

Of course we ain't medical professional here but there must be a reason for dr to want to start you on saizen and it must start on precise date and not just inject in the middle of stim. For your reference, my saizen started together with my gonal f on day 2.

Very sorry to hear this indeed. Hope she replies by tomorrow.

Dont know y these nurses tried to conveince me to start without saizen. Even one nurse told if we use saizen must go to mammography later. Really felt so bad redvel. If i fail the cycle i am the one who suffers all the pain they dont concern about it.

Hi anamika87,
If you don't get govt grant, why are you with kkh? I don't mean it in a bad way but private gynaes take better care of you at the $ you are paying. In and out of clinic in an hour or less. More scans and very close monitoring.
Saizen may or may not help. There's no guarantee but at least you should be given what was promised. Hugs! Ivf is give us such a roller coaster emotions. Cry, talk to us and if u need recommendations of private gynaes, just ask. A few of us here are private patients too.

Chukels thank u for comforting words. Actually when I started my ivf journey I dont know anything about it. I was new to Singapore one of my friend conceived thru clomid from kkh so I was very happy for that and choose kkh.

I thought of changing hospital after my failed cycle but when I spoke to sadhana I felt very promising and decided to stay back for one more cycle but things reveresed like this. After all these things I am feeling as bad symptom to start my another cycle with them:(

Hugs anamika. Sorry to say that what that nurse commented is stupid. Who is she to say such things.
Personally i didn't have bad experience with KKH or dr sadhana. But this incident sounds totally unpleasant.

Hope things turn with a better twist for you tomorrow.

Hang in there babe. Are you taking gonal f? If you are, there is another med that go with gonal f to spur the growth of your eggs. I was given this and it worked for me. Let mw check and get back to you. It was given to me days after I started gonal f. Chin up.

I too agree with u redvel. If something is there sadhana would be letting us know. Actually last time when I met her I asked her can I take utrogestron orally as I have lot of discharge with inserts. She said cannot take orally bcz it will damage liver so if some bad effect with saizen she would let us know.

me too untill now I was happy with kkh but this experience made me sick

No chukels I never start my stimulation jabs. Nurse told can start on day 3 if dr sadhana replies. If she dont I am going to cancel my cycle and try in private clinic.

I had gonal f and menopur. You can start in day 3.
I was given something else. Can't remember still. :(
I'll be seeing my gynae tomorrow. I will ask.

I'm with dr roland chieng. I believe another sister is with him.
I don't advise you to change gynae at such short notice. Please don't think that I am encouraging you to change. I just want you to know that there are options.

Hi anamika, i started at cd3 for simulation during my try with private. But my cd1 is during day time. E total cost i spent is ard $15k for ivf program. Amt depends on the amt of simulation drugs u needed.

To e docs n nurses, we are just another patient..hope dr sadhana will reply soon n thgs will turn up ok as per discussed with yr doc

Last edited:
Yes, the drugs are super expensive. I remember having 5 different jabs towards the end. Even my trigger shot was a double trigger- a combi of 2 drugs. So that explains the cost. :)

I think with kkh it comes around 11k to 12k. Ready to spend some more $$ also if result is promising.

Me and husband are the stubborn one who dont want to give up until we carry our baby. Want to try and try until we r out of $$ or eggs. Dont know until where this ivf journey is going to take us.

In sep. Thks darling.
Kymkym,wat plans does dr loh has for u?ie wat vitamins did he put u and hubby on to prepare for e ivf?
I visited dr loh once and he is a believer of dhea on egg quality. Maybi dhea will help u and some multivits for yr hubby may help also

Last edited:
Hi ladies, today I had very bad experience at kkh. Today is my day 2 and I went for scanning to start my fresh. Scanning went smooth and they gave me the list of my prescription when I checked there was no saizen. When sadhana discussed she told she will add saizen for this cycle bcz last cycle my egg growth was very slow. but she forgot to write about saizen in my file.

I asked about that to nurse she told as dr. Never written cannot prescribe. sadhana is also not available she will return on 27th from vacation. Nurse told me to start as of now stimulation jabbs and later sadhana comes can add saizen. But I really dont want to do that. I said no I cant do that. Then she tried to call sadhana but she is not available.

I step kkh around 9. My scanning finished by 10.30 I waited untill 3.30 but still no one respond to me. I was almost about to cry then another nurse called me and told they discussed with sr. Teo and he told no need of saizen to me as I am very young.
but I am not ready to accept that bcz my egg growth really very slow I took almost 21 days to reach my ER date for my 1st fresh.More over I am under private I am paying all the money from my pocket why I need to do experiment?

Finally nurse agreed to mail sadhana and if she replys by tomorrow I can start my cycle if not going to cancel.i even did endo scratch but the things are going like this. Really today I felt if I could be in private hospital toady I may be not suffering like this.

Can I start stimulation jabs from day 3? ( my periods started on 21st night)
Nurse even told can add saizen in between? Is it ok?

Oh no annamika... Sorry for what u experience. I am getting a bit jittery now abt tmr's appt knowing that dr sadhana is not ard to solve impromptu prob ... Tmr is my day 6 stim wondering what is my reactions to stims...

Any ladies knows how long will the visit take? Thinking of going early to take queue no.

Oh no annamika... Sorry for what u experience. I am getting a bit jittery now abt tmr's appt knowing that dr sadhana is not ard to solve impromptu prob ... Tmr is my day 6 stim wondering what is my reactions to stims...

Any ladies knows how long will the visit take? Thinking of going early to take queue no.

Hopeful still if u r working go early by 7.30 u can finish fast may be by 10.30. If u r not working go late like 10 o clock can finish by 11.30. I hope u would be not having any problem bcz if slow growth they wil increase the dosage if growth is optimal then they will maintain the same dosage. There will be no problem at all take care

I think with kkh it comes around 11k to 12k. Ready to spend some more $$ also if result is promising.

Me and husband are the stubborn one who dont want to give up until we carry our baby. Want to try and try until we r out of $$ or eggs. Dont know until where this ivf journey is going to take us.
Anamika, you can try TFC dr loh if you dont get an answer tomorrow. just tell the nurse you must see him as d3 but KKH need to cancel the cycle as dr sadhana is on leave. they will try to fit you in.

if lower dosage say around 300iu, you should spend less than $15k i believe. i was on max 450gonal +150menupor and total was abt $17k.

I'm done with my ER!! I have 18 eggs. I pray hard that there will be good grade embryos when they call me tml

The process is OK leh. I was knocked out totally. By the time I was awake, the process is already over.

But now I have cramp n feel nauseous
18 sounds good! all the best!

SOS. any sisters still awake?

i am due to start lucrin and just realised the nurse forgot to paste/write the dosage instructions!!!

can i survey how many iu of lucrin do you take for cd21 down regulation (ie suppression) stage?

i am due to start lucrin and just realised the nurse forgot to paste/write the dosage instructions!!!

can i survey how many iu of lucrin do you take for cd21 down regulation (ie suppression) stage?[/QUOTE
oh no . how much dosage they asked u to buy and for how many days u need to jab lucrin? tt amount divide by the days u need to jab? but sometimes 400 for 4 days also doesnt mean it is 100 per day as they may wan you to jab less and they do not sell the exact dosage in a vial for injections.tmrw morning quickly call to ask? not sure if it is ok to just jab the minimum for now ? sorry i nevr use lucrin before..oh no i also dunno how! :(

can i survey how many iu of lucrin do you take for cd21 down regulation (ie suppression) stage?
And no can tell u how much to jab cos it is based on individual condition wor,,,,

thx old aunty. hahaha i feel so bad just writing those 3 words in a sentence with your nick. aiyoh!

lucrin comes in a whole vial to be used over a few weeks... but thx for replying :)

thx old aunty. hahaha i feel so bad just writing those 3 words in a sentence with your nick. aiyoh!

lucrin comes in a whole vial to be used over a few weeks... but thx for replying :)
U try to send to other threads like ivf mummy thread? Maybi someone will reply. Sorry i cant help too as i not used that before

connie_hopeful: thanks dear. good idea! i didnt think of that in the panic coz i dilly-dallied around whole night...

It's ok lah. i just jabbed abt 15units. Tomorrow will call the clinic. one day wont make that much difference - i hope!

Hi ladies, today I had very bad experience at kkh. Today is my day 2 and I went for scanning to start my fresh. Scanning went smooth and they gave me the list of my prescription when I checked there was no saizen. When sadhana discussed she told she will add saizen for this cycle bcz last cycle my egg growth was very slow. but she forgot to write about saizen in my file.

I asked about that to nurse she told as dr. Never written cannot prescribe. sadhana is also not available she will return on 27th from vacation. Nurse told me to start as of now stimulation jabbs and later sadhana comes can add saizen. But I really dont want to do that. I said no I cant do that. Then she tried to call sadhana but she is not available.

I step kkh around 9. My scanning finished by 10.30 I waited untill 3.30 but still no one respond to me. I was almost about to cry then another nurse called me and told they discussed with sr. Teo and he told no need of saizen to me as I am very young.
but I am not ready to accept that bcz my egg growth really very slow I took almost 21 days to reach my ER date for my 1st fresh.More over I am under private I am paying all the money from my pocket why I need to do experiment?

Finally nurse agreed to mail sadhana and if she replys by tomorrow I can start my cycle if not going to cancel.i even did endo scratch but the things are going like this. Really today I felt if I could be in private hospital toady I may be not suffering like this.

Can I start stimulation jabs from day 3? ( my periods started on 21st night)
Nurse even told can add saizen in between? Is it ok?

Hi Anamika,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Did you check with the nurse if you can consult other Drs since Dr Sadhana is not around?

I'm personally affected by Dr Sadhana's leave too. I see her as a private patient because I wanted her to follow my case. I was all set to start my cycle in Oct after my last consultation with her. However, when I called KKH for the 1st scan when my AF arrived, only to be told that she will be on leave during my estimated ER and ET dates. I was very upset, cos I felt that KKH should inform Sadhana's patients whose IVF cycles are affected in advance. I was told that I can wait till Nov, but I'm sure many sisters here will agree it's a great disappointment to delay a cycle once our mind is fixed on starting a very impt journey. I decided to go ahead, and I was re-assigned Dr Tan HH.

Nonetheless, I'm happy with Dr Tan HH's care for my ER and ET. He's really friendly and encouraging. But I would have to say that KKH's IVF process is not really patient oriented. How things are done many a times are to accommodate Drs' busy schedule. I supposed this is how things are in hospitals now, not sure about private hospitals though.

Hope that your issue will be resolved tmr. Take care.

hahah..its ok la. i myself want to be called old aunty one ma... hee...
alamak , u stay cool dun panic, hopefully someone can better advise u , call your hospital first thing in the morning !

connie_hopeful: thanks dear. good idea! i didnt think of that in the panic coz i dilly-dallied around whole night...

It's ok lah. i just jabbed abt 15units. Tomorrow will call the clinic. one day wont make that much difference - i hope!

Hi Ron,

Are you with KKH? If yes, maybe can try the call-a-nurse paid service.

Hi ladies,

Side track for awhile. Anyone know where can I post to let go my hotel stay in Venice in dec? I had accidentally book a wrong date for my upcoming trip. Happened that this booking is a non-fundable cancellation/ no amendment kind. So wanna let go at a cheaper rate.

Help..... :(

Kymkym,wat plans does dr loh has for u?ie wat vitamins did he put u and hubby on to prepare for e ivf?
I visited dr loh once and he is a believer of dhea on egg quality. Maybi dhea will help u and some multivits for yr hubby may help also

he want me to try new cycle in dec. but after long consideration, i think i wish to go for donors eggs instead of my own eggs. He feel that it is male factors that caused my failed ivf. He said why not try again with own eggs (by taking dhea), if fail, than try with donor eggs. if still fail, than proven that it is sperm prob and we can give up and no need to try anymore. i am thinking if that so, why not i straight away use donor eggs to try the 2nd time..(save time n $). now i am thinking shld i go to overseas via his clinic or go straight to overseas clinic myself. hiazzz.... i am thinking can he test for the sperm quality first before i try the 2nd time since he has doubt?

he want me to try new cycle in dec. but after long consideration, i think i wish to go for donors eggs instead of my own eggs. He feel that it is male factors that caused my failed ivf. He said why not try again with own eggs (by taking dhea), if fail, than try with donor eggs. if still fail, than proven that it is sperm prob and we can give up and no need to try anymore. i am thinking if that so, why not i straight away use donor eggs to try the 2nd time..(save time n $). now i am thinking shld i go to overseas via his clinic or go straight to overseas clinic myself. hiazzz.... i am thinking can he test for the sperm quality first before i try the 2nd time since he has doubt?
Oic. Did he says he can do anything if it is due to sperm quality? Like taking multivits or medication?
Think u can also seek his advise to test for sperm issues

never...he did not said how to resolve, think he do not has plan if sperm issues cos my hb case is quite rare (hormorn matters). that's why he said to give up after another 2 try.

Good morning ladies. How's everyone doing? Anamika, I hope you feel better today. Keep us posted.
I'm waiting for blood test before doc appointment.

Hello ladies, so much happening here, trying to catch up.

Anamika, how are you, maybe can try to call kkh agaib and ask nurse to call to dr or drop a text on her mobile phone if still no reply fron dr.

Hi kymkym, if i were you i would give my egg another chance but it is all depend on how confidence you are with your egg.

Me, myself, i am otw for my fet. Today was my first scan on d14, dr said lining looks good 11.6mm and transfer will be done this coming wednesday. So exciting and also worry at the same time. I am preparing my self for the worst although i am not sure i will ready for it or not. Somemore hubby is overseas, quite scared but hey i remember those ladies during the war time and pregnant when their husband away. At least my situation is not that bad... (grind.. Trying to shoo away my worriness)

Hi ladies,embrologist just called n informed me out of the 18eggs they retrieved, only 8 are matured and out of 8, only 4 are fertilized. N I'm scheduled to do ET tomorrow morning.
Am worried the 4 won't be good grade.embroys. really worried.
4 seems to be a Low Number: (

Hello ladies, so much happening here, trying to catch up.

Anamika, how are you, maybe can try to call kkh agaib and ask nurse to call to dr or drop a text on her mobile phone if still no reply fron dr.

Hi kymkym, if i were you i would give my egg another chance but it is all depend on how confidence you are with your egg.

Me, myself, i am otw for my fet. Today was my first scan on d14, dr said lining looks good 11.6mm and transfer will be done this coming wednesday. So exciting and also worry at the same time. I am preparing my self for the worst although i am not sure i will ready for it or not. Somemore hubby is overseas, quite scared but hey i remember those ladies during the war time and pregnant when their husband away. At least my situation is not that bad... (grind.. Trying to shoo away my worriness)
hi, i wish to if i have lot of $$$ to try for many times....haha..not cheap to do a cycle as i can't get govt grant. afterall medisave is also our own saving

Hi ladies,embrologist just called n informed me out of the 18eggs they retrieved, only 8 are matured and out of 8, only 4 are fertilized. N I'm scheduled to do ET tomorrow morning.
Am worried the 4 won't be good grade.embroys. really worried.
4 seems to be a Low Number: (
4 consider good le...good luck.

Oh you all so sweet can remembery ET day. Thanks :)

My FET is a bust so I'm out of this IVF journey. My 5 embies survived the thaw but couldn't grow anything more than 7-8cells.

Now next is plan B which is try natural (we still think miracle can happen) and holiday planning.

It has been an emotionally 6 months roller coaster ride. I anticipated it before the start but I would still say it takes a strong heart and mind to go through it and now that it's over for us, we shall leave the past behind and told ourselves we have tried our best in this avenue. I did cry when my hubby suddenly told me "xing ku ni le. I appreciate that". He means so much more to me than anything I can ask for.

I may not be in this ivf thread anymore. But I hope you ladies continue to jiayou and have faith. God is watching us and waiting for the moment to cast his blessings. Thanks for being part of my past half year ttc journey :)

@redvel, i almost teared when i was reading your post just now, basically i am crying in my heart now for u..but u r one brave and strong lady who had weathered and survived this tough TTC journey! i'm sure everyone of us ladies here are, including myself! And hey, we should all give ourselves a pat on our backs! i just failed my first natural FET last week, had been feeling depressed and cried alot for the past few days too..it's only yesterday that i was feeling a little better..it's really not an easy ride ya..but as long as we have fought a good fight of faith, we will have no regrets later on! but @redvel, i still strongly believe in miracles, perhaps u should continue to try on ur own every month? Cos no one can guarantee this kind of thing except God..when the time comes, the baby will come..as i'm consoling u, i'm trying to console myself too...i will be seeing my gynae in mid Nov and will be taking a break to go HK for a holiday in Dec..come Jan or Feb, i will be doing my last FET since i'm left with only 2 frozen embryos in KKH..wish all u future mummies here lots of baby dust and all the best! :)

I had a scratch today to prepare for fet. No idea that was going to happen and the pain was a little unbearable. Sorry Anamika87. I wanted to ask abt the meds given to me but I forgot. Too shocked for a moment in the clinic.
He asked me how many embies I want to transfer. I don't know. I have 4 blastos. What do you think? 1 or 2? Doc said the chances of pregnancy is the same for both. Doesn't matter it seems if I put in 1 or 2.

Back