(2015) God's Plan for Pregnancy Support Group

Hi ladies,

I'm glad to find this thread! I'm not sure if I belong to this thread as yes I am a Christian but I'm not pregnant yet, which I hope to be soon!

I have been always wanting to have a 2nd child but there are always problem in the environment factors, that is getting a stable job. Currently, I am looking for a job stability, in order to try and have a number 2. I have gone through a lot of obstacles and till now I did not see any outcomes. I am very discouraged and everyday living in hopelessness. : (
God will open the way for you as long as you keep on praying and never give up in trusting and keeping the faith in him. I am also in the mist of looking for a new job when I know I am pregnant, but I think I will still proceed to send my application. If it is his will that I should switch job, I believe he will open the way for me and I will have the job with the employeer knows about and accept my pregnancy fact. Remember God is our provider and he is all knowing.

@the_fruitful_one it's ok to rant in here. Although some of us are pregnant now, we've been through losses or have been trying for some time. So we can understand your pain. I've also cried buckets during the 1y TTC after my miscarriage.

Initially I relied on Him a lot to ease the pain but when the grief overwhelmed me, I thought I felt God was faraway. Still, I kept my eyes fixed on Him and tried to tell myself to be patient and submit to His plans. It won't be easy.. Especially as we try to rely on our own strength..

With this pregnancy, as I relied on Him more and more and meditate on His words and promises to ease my insecurities, I felt God v near to me. He has never left us. It's just that I felt He was faraway because my grief shut Him out.

Continue to trust in Him and His plans for you. God is good and He will bless is His perfect timing. God bless.

how do i stay positive? i feel that the stupid devil keeps attacking me for the past few days, and i find it so hard to fend it off..when i'm slightly feeling better, bad thoughts will come and pull me down again..totally sickening..i don't wanna live such a miserable and meaningless life..i'm totally not myself like few yrs ago when i rem i was very happy being with the man whom i love and being able to stay together with him in our love nest..i wan the old me back.. :( sometimes just want to hide myself at home and don't wish to go out of my house, life is becoming so routine and boring..

because of this ttc thingy, i also find that my self-esteem and self-confidence get easily affected..i know it's silly to think this way, but sometimes feel that i'm less than a woman or useless for not able to conceive a child yet, esp when friends and relatives are having no issues at all..sometimes just wish to isolate myself from others..even while working, i also feel different but i will try to act normal..is it pathetic not to have a family at this age? some of my friends say i'm so much better off than friends who are single cos i have a loving hubby..but honestly i marry cos i wanna have my own family, not just a hubby at home..

sorry, i'm getting abit too depressed this time round,.i hope to pack up and settle my emotions fast! hope i'm not affecting mummies here who are pregnant..i so yearn to be one of u....

So grateful to our Almighty Father for the beautiful kind words and support from the Christian sisters here. :)

So grateful that my Panorama results came back clear and it is a She! (Finally pretty pink dresses here I come)

So grateful that our Lord is Good all the time!!!

Lord, I pray for Christ wisdom and humility that easily eludes my sinful (proud) nature. Forgive me for my lack of wisdom and strengthen my resolve to fix my heart and soul on Jesus. Lord, bless our sisters here whose bodies are filled with painful emotions and quieten their hearts. Know that you are the Healer and Provider of all things good. In sickness and pain, pray that we show wisdom and understanding by our good lifes and deeds done in humility that comes from your wisdom. Amen.

God will open the way for you as long as you keep on praying and never give up in trusting and keeping the faith in him. I am also in the mist of looking for a new job when I know I am pregnant, but I think I will still proceed to send my application. If it is his will that I should switch job, I believe he will open the way for me and I will have the job with the employeer knows about and accept my pregnancy fact. Remember God is our provider and he is all knowing.

Hi jastan,

Thanks for your words for encouragement!

I do have more to say about my job life and ttc for the number 2. I will tell more later how devasted I am now.

U are currently pregnant?

how do i stay positive? i feel that the stupid devil keeps attacking me for the past few days, and i find it so hard to fend it off..when i'm slightly feeling better, bad thoughts will come and pull me down again..totally sickening..i don't wanna live such a miserable and meaningless life..i'm totally not myself like few yrs ago when i rem i was very happy being with the man whom i love and being able to stay together with him in our love nest..i wan the old me back.. :( sometimes just want to hide myself at home and don't wish to go out of my house, life is becoming so routine and boring..

because of this ttc thingy, i also find that my self-esteem and self-confidence get easily affected..i know it's silly to think this way, but sometimes feel that i'm less than a woman or useless for not able to conceive a child yet, esp when friends and relatives are having no issues at all..sometimes just wish to isolate myself from others..even while working, i also feel different but i will try to act normal..is it pathetic not to have a family at this age? some of my friends say i'm so much better off than friends who are single cos i have a loving hubby..but honestly i marry cos i wanna have my own family, not just a hubby at home..

sorry, i'm getting abit too depressed this time round,.i hope to pack up and settle my emotions fast! hope i'm not affecting mummies here who are pregnant..i so yearn to be one of u....

hi @the_fruitful_one, continue to jia you and don't give up. When the Fb newsfeed kept distressing me w the babies and happy family photos, I filtered those friends out of my newsfeed. My friends who are parents w kids don't invite me to their tai tai w kids gatherings as I don't belong to their category. God kept telling me my worth is not measuring how much that I belong to them..

I don't have any embryos to store/freeze, and my nurse told me that FET can be easier to succeed than fresh IVF cycle. Pray God that the embryo will be a sticky one and implant. If necessarily, try ask dr to schedule a BT within 2 weeks. Mine is on 11th day after embryo transfer.

To cope w my challenges, I find friends who understand my situation or in similar situation as me, so that I don't get distressed out. my dr tried his best but he doesn't use words to discourage me and help me to move on to the next step.

At home, I will listen to K-Love christian internet radio to hear Christian contemporary songs to keep me going.

About a year ago, there is a young boy called Colton Burpo who came to Singapore and shared his testimony on "Heaven is so real", including how he met his miscarried sister in heaven. I wept after reading his book as I told myself that i can't give up on God. We will keep you in prayer and God will know your heart's desire.

Last edited:
Hi mummies,

Anyone TTC-ing here? Can any kind souls lend me a hand and shoulder to cry out loud?

I mentioned earlier that I am actually devasted now as i'm jobless and is very hard to find what I like and want. I have always been wanted and ready to try for no.2 but is always job obstacles that ruin my plans away. I'm thinking why it is so difficult for me to settle down with a job?

I have my number 1 and it was a successful one and my child now already coming to 5 years old. That was I manage to find and secure a job back then. I left the job bcos there is a woman there making my work life very difficult and I have tried my best to endure, so I can move that far. I thought leaving that company I will live happier but things don't turn it out as it is.

I went to another company, I also not happy cause it is a downgrading role. I did get pregnant for my number 2 but it is a failed pregnancy (EP) and one of my tube rupture, as I did not go for the surgery to take it out cos I do not have medical leave, so I choose the injection one but it did not work for me, there it goes lost one of my tube. Thank God that my life is saved, as I have lost about 500ml of blood. This bad tragedy happened in 2012, where I have lost a job that I stayed for quite sometime and lost a baby. I was ver devasted of all has happened, even till now. : (

From 2012 till now my job is still very unstable, I have gone through different sets of job problem. I have always wanted to find back the normal tune but it always fail. It always fail and fail again. My hubby will not able to support me and I need to work and he needs me to secure a perm job before we can try for number 2 again. The current obstacle is securing a job now, so I have not really try and not sure if I'm able to conceive after 2years and if my other tube is the healthy and able to work one.

Sometimes I ask, is it God don't want me to have a number 2 child or I have to switch job function. I really need some enlightenment to move on..when can I secure a job and right time to try for number 2? I have been praying but it is not answered. I have try and try and tell myself not to give up but I don't see any good outcome yet and sometimes just feel like giving up is the easy way..

Sorry that it is too lengthy and thanks for reading my story.

Hi mummies,

Anyone TTC-ing here? Can any kind souls lend me a hand and shoulder to cry out loud?

I mentioned earlier that I am actually devasted now as i'm jobless and is very hard to find what I like and want. I have always been wanted and ready to try for no.2 but is always job obstacles that ruin my plans away. I'm thinking why it is so difficult for me to settle down with a job?

I have my number 1 and it was a successful one and my child now already coming to 5 years old. That was I manage to find and secure a job back then. I left the job bcos there is a woman there making my work life very difficult and I have tried my best to endure, so I can move that far. I thought leaving that company I will live happier but things don't turn it out as it is.

I went to another company, I also not happy cause it is a downgrading role. I did get pregnant for my number 2 but it is a failed pregnancy (EP) and one of my tube rupture, as I did not go for the surgery to take it out cos I do not have medical leave, so I choose the injection one but it did not work for me, there it goes lost one of my tube. Thank God that my life is saved, as I have lost about 500ml of blood. This bad tragedy happened in 2012, where I have lost a job that I stayed for quite sometime and lost a baby. I was ver devasted of all has happened, even till now. : (

From 2012 till now my job is still very unstable, I have gone through different sets of job problem. I have always wanted to find back the normal tune but it always fail. It always fail and fail again. My hubby will not able to support me and I need to work and he needs me to secure a perm job before we can try for number 2 again. The current obstacle is securing a job now, so I have not really try and not sure if I'm able to conceive after 2years and if my other tube is the healthy and able to work one.

Sometimes I ask, is it God don't want me to have a number 2 child or I have to switch job function. I really need some enlightenment to move on..when can I secure a job and right time to try for number 2? I have been praying but it is not answered. I have try and try and tell myself not to give up but I don't see any good outcome yet and sometimes just feel like giving up is the easy way..

Sorry that it is too lengthy and thanks for reading my story.

Sorry to hear what happened to you nana, it must have been hard to go through those painful times of EP and losing the stability a permanent position brings..

I too had similar challenges with working with co-workers when I was younger. Through my 20s and 30s, I was a performer in my area of work but was too focused on my own work and had expectations of co-workers. Unknowingly offended some people, including my bosses who promoted me.

Looking back I had often thought they were selfish and scheming characters who tried to assassinate my track record and character when I wanted to leave to work for competitors who dangled better packages and prospects..

I realized later that the issues could have been my issues or started with me actually. The truth is that it always takes 2 hands to clap. Regardless of right or wrong decisions which lead to good or bad outcome, all things eventually come to pass. Only God never changes.

Let nothing trouble you. Let nothing frighten you.
Patience obtains all things. He who possesses God lacks nothing.
God alone suffices.
All things are passing. God alone never changes.

Hi mummies, my aunt sent me this and i would like to share with you.
Good morning sisters, my aunt sent me this. For sharing.
Mustard-Seed Faith

"If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the see’ and it will obey you."
(Luke 17:6. NIV)

A mustard seed is a very small thing. But when it’s planted, it grows into a huge tree. In the same way, Jesus is saying in this verse that a little bit of faith can bring tremendous results!

Think about this: As a believer, you already have enough faith on the inside of you to overcome any obstacle. It doesn’t matter if you grew up in church or not; it doesn’t matter what you know or don’t know; God wants to work in your life today. You may not see how things will work out, and that’s okay. All you have to do is believe God. With God, all things are possible!

Today, put your faith into action by declaring that your trust and hope are in Him. Thank Him for working behind the scenes in your life. Use your mustard-seed faith, and it will go stronger and stronger. Always remember, you have everything you need when you have mustard-seed faith!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father, thank You for mustard-seed faith. Thank You for equipping me to live in total victory. I choose to trust You, knowing that You have good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.
-Joel & Victoria Osteen

Hi everyone. I would like to join this group. Recently , I came to know about Christ. I am currently preggy n also due in January 2015.
Had a tough first trimester n had pre natal depression. Thank god that I am better now.
I had read your comments n verses . It is comforting n encouraging. :)

in my earlier posting, I've mentioned about K-love Christian Internet radio website which is http://www.klove.com. You can download the iOS and Android mobile app to listen to the radio station. Just connect to your wifi / blue-tooth speaker and enjoy the music! It really helps me when I'm feeling down. I discovered this radio station during my road trips in USA. Felt very happy when I am able to connect to the Internet radio station from Sg!

I just read a sg christian mummy's birth story of her daughter Sofia in her blog at http://bearsnowasleep.wordpress.com

She has prayed for a smooth pain-free , drug-free birth delivery for her second child. And she has her prayer answered!

My friend told me yesterday that the episiotomy rate in Sg is very high at more than 90%. Many ladies want a natural delivery but apparently, the episiotomy rate in Sg is much higher than other countries like Sweden at 9.7%

http://sg.******************/episiotomy_postpartum_care_in_singapore/

Anyone has a similar story of pain-free and drug-free birth delivery? :)

Hi!

Just joined SMH yesterday. I came across this thread today and was very encouraged by all ur comments.

I had a miscarriage in Feb 2014 due to blighted ovum. I was grieving for a few days and at the back of my heart, I felt that God wanted to give me the best and I was relieved by that thought. God made me calm throughout this experience and I think that I would not have felt the same way if I do not have God in my life.

I'm blessed with a pregnancy within 6 months and now in my Week 10. Heartbeat was strong, even saw him/her waving at me (moving the hand) when I shouted Hello! during the ultrasound. A blessing from God!

Hello sisters in Christ!

Just to share on some verses I came across today which blessed me a great deal.

Do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised.

Hebrews 10:35-36

Hello all blessed beautiful mommies:) it's really wonderful to find this forum coz I think it's very helpful and can encourage each other. Just want to intro my self:) I'm 30 yrs old full-time korean mom And met my hubby(indonesian) at church thru serving, we got married 28 jan 2012, currently 21 weeks pregnant and expecting my 2nd son Emmanuel will due on 11 feb 2015. My first born Ethan came 29 dec 2012 thru emergency c-section but I think it was an amazing experience for me. We planned to have normal delivery without any pain killer and I was super duper ready for that!! Kept meditating on God's word, listening to ps.Nerida's teaching( cd and books) and of course book called super natural child birth:). I had show, water bag bust and had 3-5 min apart regular contraction. And can you imagine?! I didn't know what is contraction until nurse showed me the monitor. Hahahaha coz for them pain = contraction. And I rejected that in Jesus name:) I didn't feel anything and my contraction level was very high 89-95. I didn't feel pain and I was reading book and giggling with my hubby at waiting room area. We waited for 28 hours, i had regular contraction since first hour but I didn't dilate more than 1cm. I was already ready n waiting at delivery suit but my gynae rushed in and told us that my baby's heart beat was too fast and don't wait anymore coz it can danger the baby. From that moment baby's health was first thing on our mind, and we decide to go for emergency c-section. During the operation doc found out that Ethan was caught bay umbilical cord very tight( that's the reason why didn't dilate). Before operation my gynae didn't suggest us for induce also. Thank god we didn't induce(it can be great danger for Ethan:)) we praise The Lord for smooth delivery and healthy baby. My milk flow was very good as I prayed( I breast feed him until he was 16 months) he is easy baby, He is exactly I prayed for( dimple, double eyelid n etc). We thank god for HIS blessing and I believe for supernatural delivery again!! I blessed so many of my friends with ps.nerida's teaching and book called supernatural childbirth, and encourage them and share with them about anything. Nice to meet you all and don't hesitate to ask me anything( breast feeding n etc) have a blessed holiday ❤❤❤ p.s sorry for not perfect English and grammar:) hope that you all understand:)

Thanks for posting your birth story of Ethan as an encouragement for us all mums-2-be. Yes anything can happen during the labour stages.. I'm over 30 and although I think I'm physically and mentally strong enough to undergo labour stress, at times I wonder if without God's help how can conception happen, how can the baby develop to term in the womb, and how can our bodies work together with baby to push it out into this world, orchestrated by all the hormones in just the right quantities. And voila, a brand new being is born, by an act of love. It mirrors our need to constantly rely on God, Creator and Provider..I keep telling myself to have faith and all will work out for the good of those who love him.

thanks @belovedjisun for sharing your birth story! welcome here into this group. just got to know another korean couple in my church too. :)

my pastor prayed for me & my expecting bb when I walked forward for church communion last Sunday. Am touched by God's love and His graciousness. Will read all the wonderful stories here once again!

Hi blessed mummies to be!
This is the first time I sign up for this forum coz of this support group recommended by my hubby.
My EDD is 6 dec 2014, pray I'm still eligible to join :)
Really feel blessed to see this faith-filled forum unlike the others, which I desperately need during this time of my life.

Shalom!

Time to visit the motherhood forum :) as I just tested positive yesternite...
It was a blessing indeed cos we have been trying since last year.. For consecutive 6 mths of no gd news, I was disappointed as we prayed and believed for a baby for that year...
I decided to leave my job early this year for family reasons as I already have #1 in CC and the hubby is moving to a new job which is long long wking hours & #1 needs proper homecooked food rather than food court packed dinner daily. I want to take a break as well. I thought having a break then we could try again and God will provide the new bundle of joy in our life as He will answer our prayers. It didn't happen...

Recently I decided to go back to work force due to financial reasons mainly and so blessed that I just landed myself in a well-known firm in my industry line of work with no reduction in my requested salary...

Only 10 days into the job and I'm pregnant...
2 blessings came into my life within these short period... All in His plans... Thank you Lord Jesus!!

Deuteronomy 28:2
2And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…

I'm so thankful for these but I'm having fear to inform my boss this coming Monday abt my pregnancy news. Probation period is 3 months and I have not even complete 1mth. I wanna pray they will still accept me despite my condition. I wanna believe there is something else even better coming my way in His plan... More of His blessings prepared for me :)

Time to visit the motherhood forum :) as I just tested positive yesternite...
It was a blessing indeed cos we have been trying since last year.. For consecutive 6 mths of no gd news, I was disappointed as we prayed and believed for a baby for that year...
I decided to leave my job early this year for family reasons as I already have #1 in CC and the hubby is moving to a new job which is long long wking hours & #1 needs proper homecooked food rather than food court packed dinner daily. I want to take a break as well. I thought having a break then we could try again and God will provide the new bundle of joy in our life as He will answer our prayers. It didn't happen...

Recently I decided to go back to work force due to financial reasons mainly and so blessed that I just landed myself in a well-known firm in my industry line of work with no reduction in my requested salary...

Only 10 days into the job and I'm pregnant...
2 blessings came into my life within these short period... All in His plans... Thank you Lord Jesus!!

Deuteronomy 28:2
2And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you…

I'm so thankful for these but I'm having fear to inform my boss this coming Monday abt my pregnancy news. Probation period is 3 months and I have not even complete 1mth. I wanna pray they will still accept me despite my condition. I wanna believe there is something else even better coming my way in His plan... More of His blessings prepared for me :)

Congrats @phengpheng!

If your work doesn't require you to go for overseas work assignments, do you want to inform your boss at week 12 or week 7 onwards? Whether we are Stay-At-Home or Working Mums/Mums to be, God has a plan for each of us and job openings / miracle babies do come at unexpected times :)

Hi twinklelight

Yes! God is good!

Even if they require me to travel overseas, I couldn't in the first place. My #1 wouldn't want to sleepover my parents house now...
I take care of #1 all by myself every time after work for years.
My hubby advised me to inform tmr which I feel the same. Don't want them to feel that I'm actually taking advantage of them by coming back to work for the ML. It's good for my sake too, in case anything happen and they are not caught by surprise.

Hi twinklelight

Yes! God is good!

Even if they require me to travel overseas, I couldn't in the first place. My #1 wouldn't want to sleepover my parents house now...
I take care of #1 all by myself every time after work for years.
My hubby advised me to inform tmr which I feel the same. Don't want them to feel that I'm actually taking advantage of them by coming back to work for the ML. It's good for my sake too, in case anything happen and they are not caught by surprise.
Everything will be alright and you will have a favor:) I used to said too all the ppl that I know that Im gg to be a full-time mum when I have a baby. And when I had Ethan, it was unplanned we are shock by the news, we r not prepared and my job was really busy....I was a designer and it required for me to do lots of ot(until midnight) almost everyday. And i felt not nice to inform my boss that im gg to leave once my baby is arrive( i was planning to take all maternity leave n resign last min; i know it's not nice to do ;p) Once I'm pregnant, everything change around me. My company got problem with financial problem and most of my colleague left office... They can closed down anytime and in perfect timing, the company closed down after I apply my maternity leave:) I got fully paid maternity leave and I was relaxing most of time in my office until I gave birth to Ethan( because they are not doing well, nothing much I can do in office). Too bad for my company but it's was perfect timing for me:) I believe god always open door for us in perfect timing! @phengpheng u shall have a wonderful pregnancy and will find a favor in your office, from ppl arounds you:)

Thank u belovedjisun!!
I believe God has something wonderful plan for me already since he blessed me with a job and this #2 this month this year!
God bless!!! :)

dear all, God is really amazing! I was contemplating whether to tell my female boss so early into my pregnancy as I'm 7 weeks pregnant, and then during a 1-1 discussion I mustered the courage and told her face to face. I prayed before hand for God to grant me the wisdom and she was really happy for me. I told her about my constant morning sickness and she was very understanding to allow me to focus on getting my health back well. my company's policy allows us to work from home once a week, so she even suggested if i require, i can do a work from home twice a week should I not be feeling comfortable..
i wouldn't want to abuse this system, but the morning sickness has been causing quite a bit of discomfort when I travel to work, so that's really a relief to hear from my manager

Amen! God is truly amazing!

Whimsicalfix85 So great to hear that ur boss is so understanding!

I just informed my boss earlier too and he looked surprised at first but he was okie.
So far so good!!

Did any of u all got rashes on elbow and both legs during pregnancy time? Gp dr said rashes come n go as now i am alright and it could be due to food. I called gynae he said shld be safe shld not be any effect on me or bb. That means np right? Cos I v worry n scare lor.

Did any of u all got rashes on elbow and both legs during pregnancy time? Gp dr said rashes come n go as now i am alright and it could be due to food. I called gynae he said shld be safe shld not be any effect on me or bb. That means np right? Cos I v worry n scare lor.

mine happened around the ankle area with my 2 previous pregnancies and it got quite bad. had to resort to using steroid cream. thankfully it went away in 2nd trimester. don't worry about the rash harming baby. I think it is just hormones acting up plus sensitive skin. :)

mine happened around the ankle area with my 2 previous pregnancies and it got quite bad. had to resort to using steroid cream. thankfully it went away in 2nd trimester. don't worry about the rash harming baby. I think it is just hormones acting up plus sensitive skin. :)
Mine 1st trim is my face red red n n itchy. Now elbow n both legs. The gp dr said could be due to food allergy scare die me lor. But I posted in forum jan mummies also commented hormones change cause it. My skin already v sensitive aft pregnant it ok no more itchiness now out of sudden like whole legs n feet my worry start from no where again lor.

Hi give a hope!

I used to have this rash PUPPP (due to diff protein/ enzyme with my #1)
I developed towards the last trim and it was all overall my lower abdomen and rest of my legs.. It was itchy and horrible... After delivery, no more itch!! The scars take sometime to heal cos I couldn't sleep at nite and keep scratching them...

Consult doctor if u r unsure and how to heal. I even spend lots of money on organic stuff for during my #1 pregnancy.
Some things that we used to have no problem with will cause us some slight allergy one (eg. Wearing panty liners/ disposable undies) . So do take care! :)

Dear all sisters, so happy to hear of more good news and of God's blessing and mercy... Indeed God is good and his mercies endures forever. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Give thanks always to God for his goodness. My MS is getting much better now. Talking abour rashes and itchiness, I don't think I have such issue but occassiona I wil suddenly feel itchy on my legs and face... after few days it will be gone and then after some time it came back again. I did not took much notice of it until I saw the post here.

Dear All,

Glad to hear that all of u are doing well here!

Unfortunately, I'm still struck with my problem and God has not answered my prayer, as nothing has been progressing and improving, I really feel very disappointed : (

Anyone here like me who wish to TTC but keep obstructed by environment or still TTC-ing? I hope one day I can be like you all one day to share the joy of having a bb..

dear sisters, I have a question to ask. being Christian, do u still believe in Chinese old wives tale that pregnant women is better not to attend wedding, carry new born baby, attend funeral etc? just curious coz is there a rule that Christians should not believe in these?

@aaesrin, I think this is very subjective, depending on your own beliefs and upbringing. In everything, do it unto the Lord. However, if u don't feel comfortable in eg. attending funeral while pregnant, then don't do it. For my case, my parents were the ones who told me not to attend a funeral when I was expecting and in order not to make them upset, I refrained from attending.

Still went (and will be going) for weddings and full month parties though. I feel that these are joyous occasions and personally can't find any reason not to go. :) However, I'll be mindful of the hosts. Especially at full month parties and if I know they are pantang about pregnant women touching and carrying their newborns.

There are no specific rules but I find that I've experienced conflicts w my older siblings who will remind me abt old wives tales. They will tell me that they "nag" or tell me out of concern or fear of any mishaps. But if we put our trust in the Lord and commit into our prayers, I don't think Christians need to be fearful or paranoid about all these old wives tales if we can't find medical or scientific reasons to prove...

Hi all mummies, i failed my 2nd ivf cycle this month and had been very depressed since last weekend..is God real? if He's real, why does he allow me and hubby to suffer and go through this infertility journey? i feel like i'm going to break apart any time and that i don't know how long is He going to let us wait..what should i do now? continue to trust Him? we have done everything we could to pray, confess and partake of the holy communion, then why is it that the manifestation is not here yet??

Hi all! I wld like to join this thread to seek some encouragement. I'm baptised since a baby but after my teens, I've drifted away from the church but God remained deep within my heart. I hardly pray or hv conversations with him.
I'm 38 this year and now 14 weeks preg with #2. #1 will be 3 yo when I deliver. Although it was sort of planned, I am scared of handling 2 kids. Prior to ttc #2, I thought I had discussed with hb tt we must hv our own maid to help take care of the baby and #1 if we r to hv 2 kids. But now hb is adamant tt he doesn't want to hire a maid to take care of his kids. Cos of this issue, we quarrelled severely twice, which I really wanted to abort than to hv to suffer wat I went thru before. Had post natal depression during #1 time cos felt like no help ard me even tho we are living with my ils. My relationship with mil has strained over these past few years. Hb is oso not a patient man and has lots of hobbies so during #1 stage, I'm often left alone during weekends with the baby.
I only felt more confidant n happy as a mom after #1 turned ard 1.5-2 yo. I'm truly still scared and still contemplate if I wanna continue the pregnancy... Abnormalities is one of my fears too. Waiting for panaroma results out next week.
I'm trying not to make this post too long so I dunno if I'm making sense.

Main thing is, I'm scared, very scared n fearful of handling a newborn baby, managing my #1, keeping the peace with my pils and my husband. I'm afraid of being overwhelmed and being left alone with the baby.

Last edited:
Hi all mummies, i failed my 2nd ivf cycle this month and had been very depressed since last weekend..is God real? if He's real, why does he allow me and hubby to suffer and go through this infertility journey? i feel like i'm going to break apart any time and that i don't know how long is He going to let us wait..what should i do now? continue to trust Him? we have done everything we could to pray, confess and partake of the holy communion, then why is it that the manifestation is not here yet??

Sometimes God allows things to happen to us even though we may not know the reason why.. I know it is hard and God knows it is hard for the both of you too. You may think, "Now that I have done all that I need to do, God please give me what I've asked for." And He may just be waiting for you and your hubby to put your lives right before giving you the miracle you've been praying so hard for. Is there anyone in church like a pastor or cell group leader whom you can talk this over with? At times like this, it is good to have a spiritual family which you can lean on for support and build up your spiritual faith with.

I hope you don't mistake me for saying that because my life is right by the Lord, hence I get to conceive and you don't. Each of us have our own struggles, and trust me, I have my fair share of them and I've been praying for my own breakthroughs for years. One thing I believe is that He won't put us through any situation that we cannot endure. This is just a valley you and your hubby gotta go through. Perhaps during this period of downtime from IVF, you can ask God to reveal to both of you what needs to be done in your lives before He can proceed to pour His blessings upon you in abundance.

chocolateteddy, I feel you.. when I found out I had #2, I was happy, but really scared. didn't even dare to tell my hubby. my fear was exactly like yours - how to handle #2. some more my #1 was barely 4 mths old when I conceived again! like yours, my hubby also didn't like the idea of having a maid. we had several rows over it as well which left me in tears (the hormonal overdrive didn't help), plus the strain and anxiety caused me to bleed heavily during the 1st trimester. I thought I had lost my baby, but thank God, she was alright and unharmed.

Due to the stress of being pregnant again so soon, plus work and handling a baby at home, I seldom prayed nor went to church back then and one day it occurred to me that I should turn to the Lord EVEN MORE during this challenging period. once I went back to weekly church routine and praying, I do see a change in myself and my hubby. we eventually agreed on hiring a maid and things went well from there on. prayer is really an answer to everything. just cast all your fears and anxieties upon Him and let Him take care of the rest. :) It also helps if you just lay hands on your bump and pray for your baby everyday. pray for a calm, peaceful baby who will be easy to take care of; pray for zero colick, and of course, a happy and cheerful baby!

If you can get your hands on the book, Praying Through Your Pregnancy: An Inspirational week by Week Guide for Moms-to-Be, I believe it will be immensely helpful to you. It really helped ease my fears and has drawn me closer to God through the guided prayers and recommended scriptures.

Pslam 55:22 Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken.

Hi fruitful one, feel your unhappiness and understand your momentary doubts with d second failure. It's important to remember to be patient though.

All things are passing, only God our Lord is the unchanging one. If He is for us, who can be against us? Be careful not to fall into the devils trap of disbelieving our Maker, because things are not happening the way you want it to right now.

Suggest you focus on exercising Faith and just keep on praying and enjoying the Lord's presence and joy. Give yourself and your body some time to react positively to the procedures. Being in a calm and more relaxed mode will give you far greater chance of conception. Remember that sister..

Hi @the_fruitful_one, can you PM me your email or Fb name to invite you to Pastor Nerida Walker's facebook group? Both myself and a few friends of mine have joined the group. The members have posted their journeys and questions for Pastor Nerida in the group. I know it is not easy for you to handle but stay strong. God does not leave you or forsake you. Rem many women characters in the bible also face similar challenges but God is with them..

Hi ladies,

My situation now is worse than those who can TTC now cos I have to go thru 2 levels before I can TTC. First I need to settle down a job cos my hb can't support if I have no.2. Next I'm not sure if can conceive so easily as I left with one tube : ( currently, nothing has been improve on my end yet, as I haven't gotten a suitable job. Sometimes I ask if God hear my prayer and why my prayer has not been answered.

I have gone thru a roller coaster for 2 years (no job stability n lost my no.2 bb) since I left my previous secured job due to certain reasons. My job is from bad to worse. I am really very disappointed. Sometimes I just feel like giving up, as I can't see any miracle and good results. Why is it so hard of everything..I just want things to get back in place. I want God blessings..is there something missing that why I can't get to the destination?

Hi @nana80jojoyeo, I've previously struggled with chronic sinus (w blocked nose + phlegm), difficult work challenges with co-workers and tcc problems for the past few years. Health isn't good and problems worsen over the time. At that time, I didn't have enough faith that my prayers will be answered even though I know that God has opened doors for my job. When there were altar calls for prophetic word and prayer ministry, I was wondering whether God heard my prayer requests and waited whether somebody will mention my prayer request description and asked me to step forward for prayer in church service... The breakthrough came when I decided to join my church ministry earlier this year and my pastor prayed individually for me a few times. Spiritual coverings with God's protection is pretty important so that our physical, emotional and spiritual health are not plagued with all our challenges..

Back