(2014/08) August 2014

I'm having a "shitty" problem with my LO. Not sure isit the diaper problem or because he wriggle too much. his top and pants often kenna the poo and i have to keep washing. anyone has advice? currently using Drypers wee wee dry S size.

I find dryper cutting alittle small. Cannot hold the entire butt. I am using huggies S. If this is a problem to u already. Its time to change brand.

I have problems with drypers, can't hold poopoo.. Mamypoko is better, using it in the night. Trying to finish stock up dryers now and intend to switch to mamypoko full time in future.

I'm having a "shitty" problem with my LO. Not sure isit the diaper problem or because he wriggle too much. his top and pants often kenna the poo and i have to keep washing. anyone has advice? currently using Drypers wee wee dry S size.

probably coz of the sizing/cutting. either up to next size (don't bother abt the weight stated, my boy always use 1 size larger) or change brands. I'm using pampers. find huggies cutting abit small & drypers don't last as long.

I'm also using Drypers wee wee dry S size. My bb is 5kg. His poo doesn't leak out even though he has watery poo. Only problem is the elastic band at the legs 'cut' into his legs leaving 'stretched' marks. But I think the marks are not a big deal since it's just marks showing the elastic band is stretched. Anyway, abt every 3hrs gotta chng the diapers. Since I dun haf this problem, could it b the frequency of ur diaper change? Or if ur baby is bigger, mayb u need to upgrade to M size.

He is abt 5kg plus too. I checked with another friend and seems she have to problem with drypers too. If you notice, the green absorbent area is more at the front, less at the back. So probably cannot hold the poo. Even I changed immediately after I hear he poo, it still leak. I still have 2 big packets of drypers. Sob sob. Shall buy a packet of Huggies to try. Cannot take it, everyday got to wash the stained clothes

He is abt 5kg plus too. I checked with another friend and seems she have to problem with drypers too. If you notice, the green absorbent area is more at the front, less at the back. So probably cannot hold the poo. Even I changed immediately after I hear he poo, it still leak. I still have 2 big packets of drypers. Sob sob. Shall buy a packet of Huggies to try. Cannot take it, everyday got to wash the stained clothes
I strongly recommend you to try merries or mamypoko...huggies also leaks quite badly...you can do some research online...or you get some sample to test rather than buy the whole pack. I got a half a pack of huggies S to give away if you want. My LO used huggies NB since discharged from TMC and always leaks after first month. Then I thought maybe the size not fitting so I bought S. Then still the same leak from back and leak from side (got once I was feeding him in shopping mall when it leaked wah lao...even my lap kana). Then I did some research online and ppl recommend using merries or mamypoko and it works for my LO. Merries is much longer at the back and also more absorbant and softer! No more diaper rash and don't even need to put powder! Sorry if I sounded like advertiser for Merries but I don't gain anything out of it lol...Merries got promotion now $18.95 for a pack of S at Cold Storage or NTUC till tomorrow! I just bought another pack today haha...

For huggies I had the same leaking problem initially when I started using it, but managed to counter it by asking my husband's colleague who uses huggies.

Basically when you wear huggies diapers, make sure the flaps and the elastic is "opened", then pull it up when worn and check that the elastic band has no space for leaks to happen.

As I don't pull up the diaper after wearing, what I do is I make sure the back is as high as comfortable for my baby. Then I pull the front up to ensure the elastic will be taut. Finally, tape the diaper.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm gg to try out today man. Cannot stand keep washing the clothes.
Another question I have. How to you all warm bottled milk taken out from fridge? Currently I put in a cup of hot water (from thermal flask). But my mum say she heard shld be using warm water instead of using hot water. Is that true?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm gg to try out today man. Cannot stand keep washing the clothes.
Another question I have. How to you all warm bottled milk taken out from fridge? Currently I put in a cup of hot water (from thermal flask). But my mum say she heard shld be using warm water instead of using hot water. Is that true?

I got problem with huggies too. suggest to try pampers, mamy poko or merries. u can keep the drypers for daytime use & change more frequently (like every 3hrs) & the better brands for night use.

u referring to bottled ebm taken out from the fridge? by right suppose to use warm water coz the heat will kill off the antibodies & enzymes etc. but I also use hot water coz my boy can't wait so long for the milk to heat up. sigh.

@kopibeanie. I just bought mammy poko S size. The cutting seems big. I pull the diaper very high at the back and it still seem to have gap. I'm hoping poo won't spill out. So monitor. Have PM you regarding the Huggies diaper.

Oh so for bottles EbM, must use warm water ah. Like that will take ages to warm. Haha my Lo sure can't wait

May i check what is d colour of ur LO poopoo for those who is on enfamil? I juz change to fully enfamil as advice frm pd as previously mix friso soy n enfamil. My LO poopoo now is dark green colour. Not sure if tis is normal

May i check what is d colour of ur LO poopoo for those who is on enfamil? I juz change to fully enfamil as advice frm pd as previously mix friso soy n enfamil. My LO poopoo now is dark green colour. Not sure if tis is normal

usually is yellow.

try monitor for 2-3 days to see if it changes colour. could be diarrhea if the poo is dark green, watery, very foul smelling & much more frequent than usual. else shld be nothing to worry abt. my elder one's poo is dark green when on soy, yellow when on fm.

Mine is yellow too. Usually soy will be dark green. Probably baby haven't completely digested out the soy.. once cleared I am sure gonna be yellow.

Hello.How are you ladies coping with ur babies now?
Me not so good. Seems to have sprain my right wrist when carrying baby. The joint area is painful. Carry baby now still ok, but if I bend the wrist than pain. Can stick plaster? Abit worried as I'm breastfeeding. Not sure any harm to baby anot.
Thinking of doing accupunture, but my mum warn me that the hand will have no strength for awhile aft that. Like that how to carry baby? Haiz. In a fix now.

Try a sling? In desperate times I sling baby now. And I see a drastic difference in his behaviour. He sleeps for stretches and his reflux doesn't give him as much problems. I sling when I'm on the bed so I can rest!

I'm also looking into Baltic amber jewellery that apparently has healing properties! For mummy and baby

Me not so good. Seems to have sprain my right wrist when carrying baby. The joint area is painful. Carry baby now still ok, but if I bend the wrist than pain. Can stick plaster? Abit worried as I'm breastfeeding. Not sure any harm to baby anot.
Thinking of doing accupunture, but my mum warn me that the hand will have no strength for awhile aft that. Like that how to carry baby? Haiz. In a fix now.

Wear wrist guard..

I am going back to work soon. 17 Nov is the day and she will go to nanny on 10 Nov to familiarize with the new environment. So reluctant to leave her out of my sight.

I have also realise I am starting hairfall episode recently. . Wanted to dye my hair before I go back to work but I decided to leave it till Jan then. Hairfall is horrible

use wrist guard. use carrier/sling to carry baby.

I am going back to work soon. 17 Nov is the day and she will go to nanny on 10 Nov to familiarize with the new environment. So reluctant to leave her out of my sight.

I have also realise I am starting hairfall episode recently. . Wanted to dye my hair before I go back to work but I decided to leave it till Jan then. Hairfall is horrible

I'm dropping lots of hair too. when I had my elder one, the dropping only reduce/stop when he's close to 1yo. sigh.

my younger one is starting infant care in nov (next wk) & I'm starting work in dec. sad to leave him in infant care so soon, but yet looking forward to some me-time before I start work. need to shop for new work clothes. still haven't lose my pregnancy weight. sobs!! :(

I'm dropping lots of hair too. when I had my elder one, the dropping only reduce/stop when he's close to 1yo. sigh.

my younger one is starting infant care in nov (next wk) & I'm starting work in dec. sad to leave him in infant care so soon, but yet looking forward to some me-time before I start work. need to shop for new work clothes. still haven't lose my pregnancy weight. sobs!! :(

I lose all my preg weight cos I didn't gain alot during pregnancy but I am a big girl from start. Tummy still there and I think its not going anywhere. Lol. I am leaving her with nanny one week before i start work too. So I can refresh myself but I know I will probably bring her back early since she is never out of my sight from birth. Gonna miss her so much. Guess this is all working moms woes. Leaving baby for work but on another side.. we earn to give them a better life.

Hi all, is ur bb able to sleep throughout e night now?
Mine sleep throughout. I make sure my last feed is around 11pm and she will wake up 6am for her next feed. Didn't do anything else. It just happen. Glad she has been kind to us.

Today I encounter something weird. My girl has been friendly to whoever that greets her.. but today. A friend came visit and the moment she saw her.. she cry out loud! I was shocked. When does babies start recognising people? Am worried cos I am bringing her to office non Thursday and hope she won't tear down the office. Somemore going to nanny soon too. Jia lat...

Can I also ask if ur baby cry during car ride? Mine always cry. Don't know why. Haiz..

Mine sleep throughout. I make sure my last feed is around 11pm and she will wake up 6am for her next feed. Didn't do anything else. It just happen. Glad she has been kind to us.

Today I encounter something weird. My girl has been friendly to whoever that greets her.. but today. A friend came visit and the moment she saw her.. she cry out loud! I was shocked. When does babies start recognising people? Am worried cos I am bringing her to office non Thursday and hope she won't tear down the office. Somemore going to nanny soon too. Jia lat...

Can I also ask if ur baby cry during car ride? Mine always cry. Don't know why. Haiz..

wow. 11pm-6pm is good. a good solid 7hr of rest/ me-time for u. I m worried how I'm going to cope with the lack of zzz when I go back work. sigh.

baby might develop some stranger & separation anxiety at ard this time. but it's still not as bad as when u intro them to nanny/childcare at a later stage. easier & faster for then to adapt at this age.

mine also always cry in the car, esp at night. think scared of the of the fast moving scenes, lights outside the car, etc. muz start training ur girl to sit on the car seat if u intend to send her to nanny in a car.

Last edited:
Both my wrists have been hurting since confinement. I read up and apparently its called carpal tunnel syndrome. Tried salon pas plasters but not long term solution so planning to see TCM doc. Anyone has a decent TCM doc to recommend?

My boy also has his last feed at around 11pm and will wake up from 5am onwards. Grateful for the sleep but downside is i stopped waking up to pump lol.

He enters new phases every few days and starting last weekend he has not been feeding well. He also has not pooped in the last 2 days so am a little worried. Any mummies encountered this at 10 weeks?

He's going to infantcare in Nov before i start work in dec and I know i am going to miss him like mad but oh i need a facial!

wow. 11pm-6pm is good. a good solid 7hr of rest/ me-time for u. I m worried how I'm going to cope with the lack of zzz when I go back work. sigh.

baby might develop some stranger & separation anxiety at ard this time. but it's still not as bad as when u intro them to nanny/childcare at a later stage. easier & faster for then to adapt at this age.

mine also always cry in the car, esp at night. think scared of the of the fast moving scenes, lights outside the car, etc. muz start training ur girl to sit on the car seat if u intend to send her to nanny in a car.
U BF or FM? Mine is on FM already. So my last feed I will make sure she finish her bottle and my scoop of powder is equal to water. 5 ounce 5 scoop. If u baby is on BM then probably the night feed every 2-3 hrs will still continue ba.

U BF or FM? Mine is on FM already. So my last feed I will make sure she finish her bottle and my scoop of powder is equal to water. 5 ounce 5 scoop. If u baby is on BM then probably the night feed every 2-3 hrs will still continue ba.

BM in the day & FM at night.

my elder one was on FM, but he also feeds every 2-3hrly until 6-8mths (10+pm, 1+am, 4+am, 7+am..). then become once a night until 1+yo (10+pm, 3+am, 6+am..). now at almost 3yo is still 10+pm, 5+am, 8+am.. maybe boys tend to eat more ba..

Hi m new to this forum.. Happy to see this group..
My lo completed 8 wks today..
She struggles to crap.. All the milk she drank she regurgitates :( anything that could help her crap smoothly?
M a EP mom.. Anything to change in diet?
Would appreciate ur views

My lo cries before farting too... and has gone 3 days without pooing before... which makes her fart more and cry more...

Probably the stools are hard. Give her water or dilute the day milk to help her. Massage her tummy too.

Now seeing baby poo is happier than strike 4D ah. Lol.

My lo cries before farting too... and has gone 3 days without pooing before... which makes her fart more and cry more...

are u breastfeeding? I read in breastfeeding forum that it's normal for bf babies to not poo for 3-5days?

if feeding formula then try dilute the feed alittle..

Hi m new to this forum.. Happy to see this group..
My lo completed 8 wks today..
She struggles to crap.. All the milk she drank she regurgitates :( anything that could help her crap smoothly?
M a EP mom.. Anything to change in diet?
Would appreciate ur views

can try drinking vitagen/Yakult? somehow after I drink vitagen/yakult then bf my boy he got loose stool after that. happened on 2 occasions. not sure if it's related or juz coincidence.

are u breastfeeding? I read in breastfeeding forum that it's normal for bf babies to not poo for 3-5days?

Doing formula supplement only for night feeds. Day time ebm. But she seems in pain every time she farts. So was Wondering if caused by constipation haha...

I'll try drinking Yakult too

My gal didnt poo 1 day..next day I will tell her..Darling you hvnt poo leh..later try to poo poo ok..else stomach will pain pain..if can poo poo many many ok?

Hi mummies.. may i just check any of your LOs are playing with their saliva and tongue a lot? so much so that it kinda seems like they are starting to teeth? cos my LO just crossed the 12th week timeline and kinda caught me offguard. he bites his lower lip very hard and a lot too. probably itchy? just wanna make sure it is really time and teething and not me thinking too much. haha

Mine also play with saliva and stick out tongue alot. Always lick her fist. . 5-6 mths will start teething. But again every child has their own milestone too.

Back