Hihi Ladies,

Into my first ivf cycle... today is my day 4 stims... On 250mg puregon from day 1-4. Tmr on will add on orgalutran 25 mg. Going for scan at kkh on fri.

Just to check: Is it normal to not feel any side effects from the stims? And is it safe to go for back massage during stim?

Thanks lots!
I had some cramps n felt a bit bloated initially during the stim

Hmmmm..I believe it's safe to go for back massage.

Can I check for those Who has done ER before
I'm going for ER on Thursday, will I be able to return back to work on Fri afternoon? Will I feel a lot of discomfort?

U may feel some cramps for 2 days after er. At least that is for me. Best to stay at home n rest n then prepare to go et which is a few days after er

Hi tcc,

I've my ER done on Mon. Felt rather unwell, mainly nausea and sleepy and a bit dizzy after ER. Nurse explained it could be due to the numbers of eggs retrieved (21). But I felt much better after a long nap. Was ok the next day, but still felt quite tired.

If you are with KKH, they will give you HL from the day of ER onwards. I supposed whether you can go back to work on the next day depends on the nature of your work.

Remember to drink more water after ER to prevent ohss.

al
Tml is my turn to do ER! And I'm feeling very nervous now! I hope it won't be too painful and hope there will be many fertilized eggs retrieved!
all the best for your ER tmrw ttc77!
shdnt be tt painful even if can feel it as u wil be sedated. jus to share my experience- i couldnt remember anything abt ER aftr i was sedated but my DH told me i was moaning and groaning during ER. thank God i couldnt rem! after my ER i felt i did not feel much discomfort. jus tired due to sedation drugs. bit bloatedness set in the next day thats all . dun worry u wil be fine! share with us about your ER when its over!

al

shdnt be tt painful even if can feel it as u wil be sedated. jus to share my experience- i couldnt remember anything abt ER aftr i was sedated but my DH told me i was moaning and groaning during ER. thank God i couldnt rem! after my ER i felt i did not feel much discomfort. jus tired due to sedation drugs. bit bloatedness set in the next day thats all . dun worry u wil be fine! share with us about your ER when its over!

Juz curious, hub can be present during ER and ET?

Hi tcc,

I've my ER done on Mon. Felt rather unwell, mainly nausea and sleepy and a bit dizzy after ER. Nurse explained it could be due to the numbers of eggs retrieved (21). But I felt much better after a long nap. Was ok the next day, but still felt quite tired.

If you are with KKH, they will give you HL from the day of ER onwards. I supposed whether you can go back to work on the next day depends on the nature of your work.

Remember to drink more water after ER to prevent ohss.

Wow! U have 21eggs! That's v good!
When is your ET? All the best to u k!
I'm with Dr Loh btw

al

Thanks!!! I've decided to rest from Thurs all the way till next Tue. Will head back to work on wed. My ET is this sat so I think 4days of rest at work should be fine.

hi dramaqueenie, i did my ivf in SGH and hubby can be present during both ER and ET. infact at SGH they encourage the husband to be with wife for both procedure
Hi old aunty,
So yr hubby witness e er procedure?what did he say abt it?is it scary?

For er at sgh,is it under sedation or ga?which doc do e er n et for u?

Hi old aunty,
So yr hubby witness e er procedure?what did he say abt it?is it scary?

For er at sgh,is it under sedation or ga?which doc do e er n et for u?
hi connie
yes my hubby witnessed my ER and ET procedure . I was under sedation during ER. My hubby sat one corner, when i started moaning and groaning, nurse asked him to sit by my side and held my hand . but i totally cannot remember that at all. all i can recall is i was given sedation drug, shortly after everything was a blank .i was being told beforehand abt the effect of sedation-temporary amnesia and that i would most likely not able to remember what happened before that .i am happy abt that man.. i doe want to remember the painful part hahah.. I guess ER sure some discomfort one lor. I remember one sister in this forum mentioned that if u have 14 eggs to be retrieved ,that means doctor has to to poke u 14 times . ouch...Dr yu suling did both the procedures for me .

hi connie
yes my hubby witnessed my ER and ET procedure . I was under sedation during ER. My hubby sat one corner, when i started moaning and groaning, nurse asked him to sit by my side and held my hand . but i totally cannot remember that at all. all i can recall is i was given sedation drug, shortly after everything was a blank .i was being told beforehand abt the effect of sedation-temporary amnesia and that i would most likely not able to remember what happened before that .i am happy abt that man.. i doe want to remember the painful part hahah.. I guess ER sure some discomfort one lor. I remember one sister in this forum mentioned that if u have 14 eggs to be retrieved ,that means doctor has to to poke u 14 times . ouch...Dr yu suling did both the procedures for me .
It's a good thing not to remember anything that has happened. Heee

hi connie
Hi old aunty, thanks for sharing.

Gee..i didnt know that husband can witness e er on scene. Dunno how e husband feels. Did u ask him after that if e scene is scary? I think also good, at least they know e suffering we gals doing ivf gone through.

Hi old aunty, thanks for sharing.

Gee..i didnt know that husband can witness e er on scene. Dunno how e husband feels. Did u ask him after that if e scene is scary? I think also good, at least they know e suffering we gals doing ivf gone through.
hi connie ,
not scary la, cos he was at my side and not sitting at doctor's side. further more, he was looking at me during the whole procedure and it was over pretty fast .

Hello, is anyone with Christopher Chen from gleneagles. Any feedback? Am thinking of going to a private doc after 3 failed attempts at KKH. Any other docs you gals would recommend?
Hi I hv seen him twice. However he suggested surgeries on both me and my hubby right from the start. We r not keen. Quite scary 10k each for surgery. I heard surgery is his methodology.

Hihi Ladies,

Into my first ivf cycle... today is my day 4 stims... On 250mg puregon from day 1-4. Tmr on will add on orgalutran 25 mg. Going for scan at kkh on fri.

Just to check: Is it normal to not feel any side effects from the stims? And is it safe to go for back massage during stim?

Thanks lots!

hi, I feel feverish after few jabs... but not to worry, not all will encounter side effect.
not sure abt back massage, personally feel it is safe.

I'm done with my ER!! I have 18 eggs. I pray hard that there will be good grade embryos when they call me tml

The process is OK leh. I was knocked out totally. By the time I was awake, the process is already over.

But now I have cramp n feel nauseous
ttc77, congrats !!! 18eggs is a lot!! hope u will rest at home n not back to work ;p ... have a good rest is impt as ET is waiting for u.
jy jy.... drink isotonic drink help in the bloatness and up your protein.

anyone tried / heard about sunfert (KL)? the cost is much cheaper than Tropiciana Medical Centre(KL) for eggs donor prog.

any idea can the dr check the quality of sperms before proceed with ivf? understand that if quality of sperms is poor will affect the results of fertilization too...
There are test like sperm dna fragmentation test and oxidative stress assembly test. Check out e internet for detaild :)

Thanks. Dun think KKH will double confirm on this before we start ivf? when we seeked 2nd opinion, dr asked how can kk ensure sperms quality is good and it is my poor eggs caused the failure since KK insist that my eggs quality is bad

These tests are suggested to my dh at sincere ivf centre prior to ivf by prof ng. Maybi you can check with dr loh or kkh if they offer these test. Not all need to go through this test i think, unless dr suspects male factor is an issue.

But u are right that sperm quality does affect fertilisation. And i read from e internet its normally apparant after day 3 of fertilisation if there is some growth problems by male factor.

These tests are suggested to my dh at sincere ivf centre prior to ivf by prof ng. Maybi you can check with dr loh or kkh if they offer these test. Not all need to go through this test i think, unless dr suspects male factor is an issue.

But u are right that sperm quality does affect fertilisation. And i read from e internet its normally apparant after day 3 of fertilisation if there is some growth problems by male factor.
so if i had 17 eggs extracted, 6 is bad, 11 are tried for isci, only i fertised but fail to growth, could it be due to male factor? (kk said it is my egg quality poor)

At which day did it fail to grow? I am not very sure its male or female factor. I think u need to ask e doctor.

on day 1, it became 3 cells and stop growth after that :( dr nvr said anything but they claimed it is my eggs. that why i am wondering did they actually ensure sperms quality too

ttc77, congrats !!! 18eggs is a lot!! hope u will rest at home n not back to work ;p ... have a good rest is impt as ET is waiting for u.
jy jy.... drink isotonic drink help in the bloatness and up your protein.

Ya!Am happy to see 18 eggs n I've informed my boss I'm not going back to work tomorrow.
I was speaking with the nurse today. She actually advice me to stay at home to rest all the way till my pregnancy test. Did u girls rest so many days at home?

Actually I'm just wondering are they really able to pin point it's egg quality poor? The 1 That's is fertilized is How many cells?

3 cells . they insisted and i felt unfair for my failed ivf. But dr loh of TFC spoken for me by saying male factors can caused failed fertilization too and that make me feel better else i am not able to face my hB. That's why i am wondering can KK 100% sure on sperms quality?

Ya That's How I feel as well. I don't think they can exactly pin point if it's due to poor egg quality.
Did u just finished your ER? Hugs babe. Don't despair. Rest well and try a new cycle very soon

Hi ladies, today I had very bad experience at kkh. Today is my day 2 and I went for scanning to start my fresh. Scanning went smooth and they gave me the list of my prescription when I checked there was no saizen. When sadhana discussed she told she will add saizen for this cycle bcz last cycle my egg growth was very slow. but she forgot to write about saizen in my file.

I asked about that to nurse she told as dr. Never written cannot prescribe. sadhana is also not available she will return on 27th from vacation. Nurse told me to start as of now stimulation jabbs and later sadhana comes can add saizen. But I really dont want to do that. I said no I cant do that. Then she tried to call sadhana but she is not available.

I step kkh around 9. My scanning finished by 10.30 I waited untill 3.30 but still no one respond to me. I was almost about to cry then another nurse called me and told they discussed with sr. Teo and he told no need of saizen to me as I am very young.
but I am not ready to accept that bcz my egg growth really very slow I took almost 21 days to reach my ER date for my 1st fresh.More over I am under private I am paying all the money from my pocket why I need to do experiment?

Finally nurse agreed to mail sadhana and if she replys by tomorrow I can start my cycle if not going to cancel.i even did endo scratch but the things are going like this. Really today I felt if I could be in private hospital toady I may be not suffering like this.

Can I start stimulation jabs from day 3? ( my periods started on 21st night)
Nurse even told can add saizen in between? Is it ok?

Hi ladies, today I had very bad experience at kkh. Today is my day 2 and I went for scanning to start my fresh. Scanning went smooth and they gave me the list of my prescription when I checked there was no saizen. When sadhana discussed she told she will add saizen for this cycle bcz last cycle my egg growth was very slow. but she forgot to write about saizen in my file.

I asked about that to nurse she told as dr. Never written cannot prescribe. sadhana is also not available she will return on 27th from vacation. Nurse told me to start as of now stimulation jabbs and later sadhana comes can add saizen. But I really dont want to do that. I said no I cant do that. Then she tried to call sadhana but she is not available.

I step kkh around 9. My scanning finished by 10.30 I waited untill 3.30 but still no one respond to me. I was almost about to cry then another nurse called me and told they discussed with sr. Teo and he told no need of saizen to me as I am very young.
but I am not ready to accept that bcz my egg growth really very slow I took almost 21 days to reach my ER date for my 1st fresh.More over I am under private I am paying all the money from my pocket why I need to do experiment?

Finally nurse agreed to mail sadhana and if she replys by tomorrow I can start my cycle if not going to cancel.i even did endo scratch but the things are going like this. Really today I felt if I could be in private hospital toady I may be not suffering like this.

Can I start stimulation jabs from day 3? ( my periods started on 21st night)
Nurse even told can add saizen in between? Is it ok?

My exprience with KKH is bad that I'll never to go back there again.

Me too thinking if my cycle cancel I wil shift to another hospital. Today I desperately want to cry I went inside toilet and cried a lot.

How are u pepper? How is ur baby? Did ur womb issue solved?

So many happenings in this thread :)

Anamika,sorry upon reading your experience. I do agree I would feel like crying too if I were you :( Sigh. This is bad.

Of course we ain't medical professional here but there must be a reason for dr to want to start you on saizen and it must start on precise date and not just inject in the middle of stim. For your reference, my saizen started together with my gonal f on day 2.

Very sorry to hear this indeed. Hope she replies by tomorrow.