36wks pregnant and suffering under bad gynae

Littlepeanut... sorry to hear abt your experience. I will definitely change gynae if I were you. Have to feel comfortable with the gynae.. money spent can always be earned back. Quite shocked that the clinic refused to refund the $200 even. Operate like a 黑店

@divineparadise, maybe not to the extend of 黑店but definitely very money motivated to the extend I'll doubt the necessity of any procedure or supplements or referrals made by this gynae.. I'm also glad I finally made the decision to change gynae..

Littlepeanut@pls share ur experinece with mt A if u decided to go with mt A :)

And if u decided to go with dr paul.. make sure u ask clearly what type of symtoms should u go to hospital and see what his instruction is. Ask abt the pain reliefs types too and ask his view on them. Give urself a bit of time to think abt it. :)

@bbhopes2009, sure thanks ;)

When are u due?

Hihi, I'm glad that u hv chosen Dr Paul. I changed gynae at 38weeks as my original gynae refused to let me try natural birth for my #3 despite having successfully delivered my #2 naturally, reason being that I had delivered my #1 via c-sec. Dr Paul is very pro-natural and is very experienced. Although I paid for the package for my original gynae, I decided at change at the last min. I just visited him once at his clinic, the next time I saw him is at the delivery suite already :)

His clinic is at TMC, so I guess its more convenient for him to check on you if u are also at TMC. I delivered at 1am+, he dashed to TMC in the wee hours within 10-15mins (i dont know exactly how long because it depends on when the nurse calls for him).

All the best for your delivery!

Hihi, I'm glad that u hv chosen Dr Paul. I changed gynae at 38weeks as my original gynae refused to let me try natural birth for my #3 despite having successfully delivered my #2 naturally, reason being that I had delivered my #1 via c-sec. Dr Paul is very pro-natural and is very experienced. Although I paid for the package for my original gynae, I decided at change at the last min. I just visited him once at his clinic, the next time I saw him is at the delivery suite already :)

His clinic is at TMC, so I guess its more convenient for him to check on you if u are also at TMC. I delivered at 1am+, he dashed to TMC in the wee hours within 10-15mins (i dont know exactly how long because it depends on when the nurse calls for him).

All the best for your delivery!
@smallsweetz, so far pple I met have good comments about him... My yoga teacher also knows about him and one of my yoga mate is also seeing him and also gave good reviews of him..

As for TMC, how was the support for breastfeeding? I'm still considering which hospital to go to and deciding between Mt A and TMC..

TMC is very pro-breastfeeding. There is a nurse who comes by your bed the next morning aft ur delivery to help u with any breastfeeding problems. There is also a 3pm class everyday (if I still remember correctly) for all mommies to attend. The class will teach you basic child care such as how to bathe the baby. You can ask the nurses for exact timing and location of the class.

For breastfeeding, you just have to be determined enough and you will get through. Its tiring and difficult in the beginning but you (and your baby) will learn along the way and it will be a breeze after a week or two. There will be times where people around you will give discouraging comments "baby is straving", "not enough milk" etc. Just persist and you will succeed.

But its really luck.. i had good labour nurse in morning shift but very very bad nurse in afternoon shift. I gv birth in weekend so there wasnt classes and bf nurse didnt really guide me much ... just bring bb in for me to latch. I dont even know is bb ok or not.

I left KK at 32 weeks to deliver in TMC as my gynae switched to private. Little peanut, don't worry. TMC improves a lot over the yrs. my 2 kids are delivered there and both my stay were pleasant. Nurses were friendly and helpful, food is delicious. The only complaint is the parking. I hate to squeeze in the stupid van at the final preg stage.

Hmm... The facilities are much newer and environment is nicer ie nicely decorated room and delivery suites..

However, dun have a good impression with the staffs... Saw pinoy nurses at the delivery suites (sorry but I associate pinoys with bad service attitudes).

Car parking was horrible.. Our car was parked by the valet. However, when we went to collect the car, the valet took more than 30mins to retrieve our car from the carpark.. We waited at the waiting bay which was not air-conditioned and inhaled lots of exhaust.. Was more concerned if on the day of checking out, we have to go thru the same with bb.. Abit put off by the carpark facilities...

Ya car park is famous for it horribleness.u should wait nezt time inside. When ur car come thry would call u. But if ur car is park on the unsheltered car park, u either take their shuttle bus or thry bring it to u. If bring to u can take a while.

Day checking out- ask hubby ask valet bring car to the hospital. Then when car is here only u walk out. U sit near the bench at the info counters first.

My time 2010 not much pinoys lei. Haha maybe time has change. U ask ard again on other group mummies who deliver in 2012 how tmc is .. :)

Hi~ have been feeling rather heavy and gets tired easily.. Nowadays I sleep a lot during day time just like I did in first trimester... Yawns.....

Rgd hospital, tink I'll go with Mt A... Feels more comfortable with the nurses there. Though I'm not Christian, but I can feel the warmth and genuine care from the staff which I tink I will appreciate as a first time mum..

One more thing.. Last week, I had food poisoning after lunch with a friend at Coffee Club.. Had very bad diarrhea.. Called Dr Paul ard 9pm+ and was so touched that he really returned my call.. He advised my husband to get ultra carbon for me from guardian and it was really effective.. The diarrhea stopped b4 I went to sleep that night.. Was so thankful to him and for your recommendation.. I can imagine my disappointment to get rejected yet another time by my ex-gynae if I were to call him regarding the same issue..

Happy for you ! He is indeed good and reassuring doc. I was with him for my 2 pregnancies ^_^

Good to hear yet another good review of Dr Paul.. I was quite ill-informed when it comes to pregnancy.. I just blindly follow my friend when it comes to choosing a gynae without asking ourselves what we wanted... Was very pleased to know that Dr Paul is a pro-natural gynae and he is indeed the gynae that we really needed... During our first consultation with him, he proudly told us that he doesn't do episiotomy.. He is also more than willing when we ask whether we can delay cord-clamping.. He respects childbirth as a natural process and aids it without unnecessary medical interference.

I remember my friend mention that Dr HK Ho is very good at doing episiotomy and c-section. It seems like he is doing episiotomy routinely for everyone of his patient that everyone accepted episiotomy as part and parcel of childbirth which I later learned wasn't true...

Thinking back, we were really ignorant and stayed longer than we ought to with the ex- Dr Ho. From ignoring our calls to threatening us with the worst possible outcome (miscarriage) if we don't go down to his clinic to overcharging and excessive and unnecessary ultrascans, it was a terrible nightmare. We thank everyone in this thread and especially to bbhopes2009 for the invaluable advices and concern :) hope all mummies here will have a wonderful journey with their precious bb.

Great to hear ! Pls do share with me later on ur experience with Mt A. I am still comtemplating abt where to go to as i never went mt A before.

I kmow what u mean. I also blur blur type. Husband wasnt ard with me when i was at last tri and he didnt even go thru with me for birth which i say was sad becos i had no one with a clear mind to support and analyse for me during that time (longg story of mine) and i was so into my work i hardly did much research. Only thing i did right was had the right gynae.

Can u share abt delay clamping? Why ar? R u doing cord blood banking?

Hi..

I have been following this thread..am thinking of switching gynae as my is under kkh sub..am in week27+ now..may I ask on dr Paul's charges and such? Do I just simply walk in to his clinic or call to make appointment? Thank you so much for sharing!!

Mummysunshine.m his chargers r on higher side i thinkm one visit is abt $100+ i think. He doesnt have package to what i recall. But not sure he change or not for this year.

Pls make an appointment.

Whats reason u wanna switch since u at wk 27 liao.

Dr hk ho is not as bad as you've described him to be.
He delivered both of my kids and I feel assured & well taken care of under his hands.
He will always back up his diagnosis with readings from his medical book.
I do not see anything wrong with him not answering ur calls. If you're in a uncomfortable state, check urself in at the hospital. Wats the point of calling Dr ho? likely he's gg to tell u to come down to the hospital over the phone.
Juz my point of view, Dr ho deserves some justice.

I think different mummies have different expectations. However, I think it's not advisable to just listen to gyane's instruction on the phone like that cos he wont be able to diagnose what's your problem without checking on you. I went to Dr Kenneth Lee for a second opinion and was considering changing gynae too but to my surprise!!! Dr Lee suggested that I stick with dr ho and he commented that he's very good gynae. I guess Dr. Lee doesnt want to snatch his business and on the other hand he feels as long as I have no unpleasant experience or complications in my pregnancy that cant be treated, it's best to stay with gynae who knows my medical history.

Good to hear yet another good review of Dr Paul.. I was quite ill-informed when it comes to pregnancy.. I just blindly follow my friend when it comes to choosing a gynae without asking ourselves what we wanted... Was very pleased to know that Dr Paul is a pro-natural gynae and he is indeed the gynae that we really needed... During our first consultation with him, he proudly told us that he doesn't do episiotomy.. He is also more than willing when we ask whether we can delay cord-clamping.. He respects childbirth as a natural process and aids it without unnecessary medical interference.

I remember my friend mention that Dr HK Ho is very good at doing episiotomy and c-section. It seems like he is doing episiotomy routinely for everyone of his patient that everyone accepted episiotomy as part and parcel of childbirth which I later learned wasn't true...

Thinking back, we were really ignorant and stayed longer than we ought to with the ex- Dr Ho. From ignoring our calls to threatening us with the worst possible outcome (miscarriage) if we don't go down to his clinic to overcharging and excessive and unnecessary ultrascans, it was a terrible nightmare. We thank everyone in this thread and especially to bbhopes2009 for the invaluable advices and concern :) hope all mummies here will have a wonderful journey with their precious bb.

I'm with Dr Ho for my #1 and I do agree on the "threatening" part.
I had strep B n I wasn't disciplined in taking my antibiotics and was "scolded" by him. Then he share with me real life encounters with his patient.
It really worried me a lot and shocked me out.

He asked me to induce at 38wks as my baby was growing too slow and due to my blood might thicken and clog the umbilical cord. Hubby & I was still hesitating and asked if we could admit a few days later and tries to nego with him.
Of course he wasn't very pleased.
Then his nurse told me "if you choose him as ur Gynae you should trust him" and so we agreed.

When he delivered my girl, her umbilical cord was around her neck. At that point of time we felt that luckily we heed his advice to induce on the next day and did not delay any longer. We felt so blessed that our girl was safe in his hands.

Thinking back now, if he did not "threaten" us with all the worst case scenarios, we might not take his words seriously and if something really happens who can we blame?
Thou he could do it in a more appropriate way but I guess that's just his character.

Choosing a Gynae is not just about looking at the fees, location, skills etc but also if we have the "chemistry" with the Gynae to be comfortable and trust in the Gynae.

Thou his fees r on the high side I'll still go to him for my #2 :)

Hi .. can u share ur experience delivering at mt A under dr paul? Tks

Hi little peanut. Can u share ur experience delivering at Mt A with Dr Paul? I am in the mist of deciding amd need to make booking already for hosp room so appreciate ur feedback tks

A responsible doctor will not give medical advice over the phone without checking the patient. If the symptoms sound serious, the patients have to go down to the clinic!

Hi little peanut. Can u share ur experience delivering at Mt A with Dr Paul? I am in the mist of deciding amd need to make booking already for hosp room so appreciate ur feedback tks

Hi bbhopes2009, sorry for the late reply as I have not been visiting the forum often since I gave birth on 23rd October after a long labour. Motherhood has been challenging.. Haha..

Anyway, Dr Paul is great and I am glad I made this necessary decision to change doctor even at the last minute. It was a tough decision but I am thankful for your advise and recommendation.

As for the hospital, I do not have good comments. I was admitted twice to the delivery suite. First time on 22nd and again on 23rd as the labour did not progress (waterbag leaked without contractions). The nurses on the 22nd were rather nice and professional. However, it terrible on 23rd. The hospital was very seriously understaffed and we were left unattended and almost gave birth on our own! We pressed and pressed the call button and no one came after hours.. Husband and I were screaming for help yet no one came. U can never imagine the state of desperation we were in.

Hence I would advise u to consider either TMC or Mt E novena. If u have other questions, u can PM me too.

Merry Xmas ;)

Thot to share my experience. I was a private client @ kkh. I paid more to c just 1 gynae & she doesn't take my call too. Just that the nurses were kinder. They wld ask what was the issue & usually sugg going to their 24hrs clinic. At 1st I was also not comfy cos I paid not a small sum for exclusive gynae but it didn't bother me as time passed. Even when I had 'complications' @ abt 32 wks, my gynae also nvr came & c me. Instead other kkh on duty gynae came. The only time my gynae came was to perform ops for my delivery. After ops, I nvr c her again. Btw my bills is comparable to private hospitals such as TMC, Mt E etc. I thk her skills is gd n she is those more of matter - of - fact type.

Thot to share my experience. I was a private client @ kkh. I paid more to c just 1 gynae & she doesn't take my call too. Just that the nurses were kinder. They wld ask what was the issue & usually sugg going to their 24hrs clinic. At 1st I was also not comfy cos I paid not a small sum for exclusive gynae but it didn't bother me as time passed. Even when I had 'complications' @ abt 32 wks, my gynae also nvr came & c me. Instead other kkh on duty gynae came. The only time my gynae came was to perform ops for my delivery. After ops, I nvr c her again. Btw my bills is comparable to private hospitals such as TMC, Mt E etc. I thk her skills is gd n she is those more of matter - of - fact type.

Pardon me but I would like to find out more. What do you mean by exclusive gynae?
I am with KKH too. I think being with these non private hospital means you don't get to get in touch with your gynae direct.
I have to go through the patient care (over the phone) who will relay the message to the nurse of the gynae and then the nurse will check with the gynae. *sigh*

However, i read in other thread, seems like the issue is the same with those private hospital (patients dont get to talk to gynae on phone). Is it true?

Ya, even my gynae at TMC, even if i got issure have to get thru the fone with the nurses, sometimes never pick up my call,den need send sms to infd my problem. Sigh... So i think its normal. Cos gynae so busy with so many patients, den dig out the case file.... But most imptly is anything urgent just go to the hospital..haha, i dun believe in calling up anymore... :D

Hi littlepeanut, I'm with Dr Ho also and have not been happy with him. All were well with him initially but since mid 2nd trimester I've no lack of frustration and stress every time I leave his clinic. So much so that I already don't trust whatever he said. However, I have paid him delivery deposit of $3500+gst.

May I know whether you got back the deposit in the end? I feel like changing gynae but it would mean forfeiting lots of money and not sure if another gynae will take me now. I'm 31 weeks now.

Hi littlepeanut, I'm with Dr Ho also and have not been happy with him. All were well with him initially but since mid 2nd trimester I've no lack of frustration and stress every time I leave his clinic. So much so that I already don't trust whatever he said. However, I have paid him delivery deposit of $3500+gst.

May I know whether you got back the deposit in the end? I feel like changing gynae but it would mean forfeiting lots of money and not sure if another gynae will take me now. I'm 31 weeks now.

Hi Autumndew,

May I know did you get back your deposit or went ahead with Dr Ho. I'm 31 weeks and have not paid for the deposit. I'm not happy with Dr Ho. Every appointment, we got to wait minimum 30mins to 1.5 hour. Once we are late for 5mins, we are like criminal and forced to wait 1.5 hour to allow others to see first since they're in time for appt. waiting is fine, the consultation fees are so pricey $248 and every time it's v rush and stressful!

Ultrascan - He show us the baby size and that's it! 2 seconds unless we ask to see heartbeat or face or somewhere. After that, we will bring hardsell to spend something on unnecessary tests or pills or jabs. If we refused they'll all threaten "bad things" will happen to your baby, it's up to you!!

Sales oriented place! When asked common questions like if baby over weight, if I'm overweight, what should we watch out? I'm spotting, everything he said v good without explainations.

I would really like to change gynae before paying for $3700+ for nornal deliveries deposit

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Back