(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

15 times and still counting (at this hour)... its not longer soft stools.. its just water coming out le. (Sorry for being gross) feel so tired...
Me also 37 weeks plus...bb is 3.1kg when measured yest.
call gyne and ask if this is normal? better check ! your bb is a very good weight !! :)

I agree! My hub had been massaging my whole back and my legs every night since 2nd trimester!

It's comforting and make my aches go away and sleep better.. But recently the massages not taking much effect.. Cos bb pressing too much on my pelvic bone.. And cos my nerves to ache like hell..

Mummies! Get ur hub to contribute abit in this pregnancy!
christin3k u should try prenatal massage. very shiok !! i do it weekly !! love it :)

maybe cause baby is small. no stretch marks so far. I use Elancyl. buy from watsons and guardian.

speaking of guardian...me bought an abdominal wrap made in taiwan from there yest...only $33...lucky I hesitated to buy the branded ones at mothercare...more than twice the price!

hi mommies, start drinking coconut water already?;)
how often can we drink huh?
Babby, what's the benefit of drinking coconut water in the last stage of pregnancy? I have been told to drink but no idea why.

Also, does the type of coconut matter, like whether it's young or old?

must drink young coconut not old hor. so baby will come out clean...

I dunno I drinking young or old coconut leh.. I only know is Thailand coconut... I buy from cold storage leh...

My aunt say must buy fresh ones only.. Cannot drink canned coconut juice.. Blur leh..

I dunno I drinking young or old coconut leh.. I only know is Thailand coconut... I buy from cold storage leh...

My aunt say must buy fresh ones only.. Cannot drink canned coconut juice.. Blur leh..

i heard must drink those local coconut (sell in market) instead of thai coconut… must be fresh coconut and not canned ones.

Babby, what's the benefit of drinking coconut water in the last stage of pregnancy? I have been told to drink but no idea why.

Also, does the type of coconut matter, like whether it's young or old?

hi kickerinside, was told it clear bb's skin. :) also not sure…just follow what mommies doing all along.

coconut type was told to be local ones. those u find in market.

Ooh I heard the clarins tonic is really good...but quote ex leh...tt is stopping me :(

my baby girl likes bell sounds...like mrt ding dong or when my colleague stir her mug with a metal spoon she will kick. Wonder if she is startling or happy...

clarin's tonic i buy from pink beauty cost are $60. one bottle last quite long!
yr little gal is so cute. mine is a lazy sleeper. most times is sleeping til i have to wake him up to check his movement!

Lol! He trying to calm me down these few weeks.. Cos I'm extreme nervous about the process of labour.. I'm someone who is so afraid of pain... So it's hard to imagine not to scream at the top of my lungs during labour..

Worries flushes in almost everyday.. Worried can't natural birth.. Worried need to go thru c-sect.. Worried can't tahan pain.. Worries bb gal come out will have problem.. A lot ah.. I'm going insane..

My bb gal catching up on the weight.. Lucky.. So far my weight gain stopped leh.. I only gain like 200g every week n tat goes to the bb.. So still heng. Haha.. I gain 20kg Liao leh.. Thinking how am I suppose to throw those fats away after birth..

Not forgetting I'm worrying I got no bm for bb too! Being a first time mum is really challenging I can say!

hi christin3k, i'm also first time mom and get jiggles like u too.
hw don't worry so much, what comes u just handle it, shld be fine already.
if u scared of pain, go read up abt labour pain management…like breathing techniques, or the medicine available for natural birth (from what i know is laughing gas(enathox), pethidine, epidural) (dunno spell correctly a not).
talk to yr dr so he understd your pain torlence?

i read that bm is demand and supply. if u feed, it will sure come in one. usually by day 3.

wow jas1982 u really enjoy yeah. i so scared it causes contraction. so til now no such luxury though i often go massage parlor when not preggie.
no lah.. she massages mainly my shoulder calf and back so ok. i used to love massage too. now cannot do without hehe.

Lol! He trying to calm me down these few weeks.. Cos I'm extreme nervous about the process of labour.. I'm someone who is so afraid of pain... So it's hard to imagine not to scream at the top of my lungs during labour..

Worries flushes in almost everyday.. Worried can't natural birth.. Worried need to go thru c-sect.. Worried can't tahan pain.. Worries bb gal come out will have problem.. A lot ah.. I'm going insane..

My bb gal catching up on the weight.. Lucky.. So far my weight gain stopped leh.. I only gain like 200g every week n tat goes to the bb.. So still heng. Haha.. I gain 20kg Liao leh.. Thinking how am I suppose to throw those fats away after birth..

Not forgetting I'm worrying I got no bm for bb too! Being a first time mum is really challenging I can say!
christin3k , i am also first time mum. i agree we have a lot to worry about, but try to relax. BB can feel us worrying also. after birth weightloss after birth then worry bah. now just try to relax and chill. not easy i know... i am worried my csect pain also, but with family support should be ok bah. just get plenty of rest after birth to recover. Jiayou :)

Tested positive for GBS...boohoo. need to inject penicillin minimum 4 hrs before birth. Doctor say if any signs of labour best to arrive earlier cos of the gbs jab :(

My wife went for 1 session of prenatal... Cost $40.. She say is good..

But.. Nothing beat a touch from me.. Haha.
We are attending child birth education course.. Mdm Wong is very good in her guidance...for those who can go.. I strongly recommend...

no lah.. she massages mainly my shoulder calf and back so ok. i used to love massage too. now cannot do without hehe.
Hehe I like massage too... Apparently my wife scare of pain from those foot massage.. I stop going to wang yang.. So expensive!!

My wife went for 1 session of prenatal... Cost $40.. She say is good..

But.. Nothing beat a touch from me.. Haha.
We are attending child birth education course.. Mdm Wong is very good in her guidance...for those who can go.. I strongly recommend...

Hi SL85, u are really nice husband. me & hus also attended Mrs Wong class… but my hus like more tired than me after his work, so i told him his learning just goes to waste. :eek:
i can't really remember the feet massage, can explain again?
my poor feet have been swelling for the past few weeks. taking medicine, foot soak does not really help much.

my bb has been a quiet bb all along, but now at wk 35, his movements less oblivious.
sometimes i have to spend 5-15mins to wake him to feel him stretching. i'm concerned, and hope you mommies can share any remedies on waking up yr sleepy bb.
TIA!

my bb has been a quiet bb all along, but now at wk 35, his movements less oblivious.
sometimes i have to spend 5-15mins to wake him to feel him stretching. i'm concerned, and hope you mommies can share any remedies on waking up yr sleepy bb.
TIA!

I always get my hub to rub the tummy to wake my bb gal up. If not taking something cold n sweet will wake her up eventually.. Sometimes I will press my tummy. But really depends.. My bb gal had been way too active.. Instead I need to find ways to calm her down in order to really rest...

TIA!
Actually by eating can make your baby move...

TIA!

The admin lady at clinic told me can "shake" your belly with both hands...I haven't tried that. Another way is drink cold water. When I lie horizontal baby also will kick a few times...

For the leg.. Try to get some massage on the calf... Doesn't really work bec my wife is still having cramps on her calf... Back muscle is more easier to spot.. Just ask ur hubby to rub along the muscle line beside the spine....

Haha I also always rub on my wife belly... Wake the baby up at 10pm...

I am also experiencing calf muscle pain. Not sure what is causing this but I realise if I don't cover my legs with comforter I will get cramps.. very bad and interrupts my sleep

Hi mummies!

Went for my weekly check up.. Today marks 37weeks... Had been confirm to go for cesarean under general anesthesia... Doc measured my blood pressure.. Saying it's borderline high.. He got concern and ask me not to wait till 38weeks..

He checked my womb.. It's still fully closed.. He said if to go thru induced labour it will be a very long process and my blood pressure will be hard to control and give stress to the baby..

So he advice.. Do a quick one.. Good for the mummy and the baby.. Sad thing is.. I won't get to see bb immediately... Only the hub will see baby first...

I will be in KO mode for dunno how long.. Hubby can't cut the umbilical cord.. Can't go thru the process of pushing and breathing with me.. He is abit disappointed..

But as long my bb gal can be healthy.. I will be fine.. He is ok with it.. Bb gal had been kicking so madly doc needed sometime to take her umbilical cord reading.. Everything was normal and looking good..

Doc say her legs are pretty long.. And she seems to be a happy baby.. Cos she is kicking a lot. Lol! Which I'm doubting.. Is she happy or just pure hyper...

Hi mummies!

Went for my weekly check up.. Today marks 37weeks... Had been confirm to go for cesarean under general anesthesia... Doc measured my blood pressure.. Saying it's borderline high.. He got concern and ask me not to wait till 38weeks..

He checked my womb.. It's still fully closed.. He said if to go thru induced labour it will be a very long process and my blood pressure will be hard to control and give stress to the baby..

So he advice.. Do a quick one.. Good for the mummy and the baby.. Sad thing is.. I won't get to see bb immediately... Only the hub will see baby first...

I will be in KO mode for dunno how long.. Hubby can't cut the umbilical cord.. Can't go thru the process of pushing and breathing with me.. He is abit disappointed..

But as long my bb gal can be healthy.. I will be fine.. He is ok with it.. Bb gal had been kicking so madly doc needed sometime to take her umbilical cord reading.. Everything was normal and looking good..

Doc say her legs are pretty long.. And she seems to be a happy baby.. Cos she is kicking a lot. Lol! Which I'm doubting.. Is she happy or just pure hyper...

All the best Christin3k!
Actually C - Section can be done with Epidural so u can see the whole operation with yr lower body numb. Like that you can see yr LO immdly… h/w yr dr knows yr condition the best. :)
Have a speedy recovery after that!

Hehe I like massage too... Apparently my wife scare of pain from those foot massage.. I stop going to wang yang.. So expensive!!

Refresh is not bad...my hubby go refresh...i buy package for him to enjoy/ send him there when I wanna go supermarket shopping

Hi mummies!

Hi christin3k, all the best.. If you want to see baby come out, go for the c sect that only require anesthesia for the lower body. But remember only let the doctor to operate on you after you dun feel anything at your lower part of your body. Your baby is too excited to see this world.

Hmm... Doc did explain why I don't do epidural instead I'm going for GA.. He say he afraid I will have too much blood loss cos I'm consider pre-eclampsia... Although protein wasn't found in my urine, no other symptoms only blood pressure abit high..

So doc say to avoid excessive blood loss he put me under GA.. Thinking of the bill... I think I wan to faint.. Cannot imagine how much the whole hospital bill will be.. But it's worth it if my bb gal can be born healthy!

Hmm... Doc did explain why I don't do epidural instead I'm going for GA.. He say he afraid I will have too much blood loss cos I'm consider pre-eclampsia... Although protein wasn't found in my urine, no other symptoms only blood pressure abit high..

So doc say to avoid excessive blood loss he put me under GA.. Thinking of the bill... I think I wan to faint.. Cannot imagine how much the whole hospital bill will be.. But it's worth it if my bb gal can be born healthy!
christin3k. As long as baby healthy can liao . Don't worry too much yah. When is scheduled date?

Last weekend .. booked the confinement lunch from Natal Essential.. hope their food are nice and i can eat...
and also signed the cord blood banking from a new company called Cryoviva.
The consultant came to our home to explain it to my hubby where i was busy taking care of my gal..
coming friday, will bring my gal to KK for eye check up after that bought those confinement things and herbs, etc from Bugis
and also go to pai pai ... hopefully everything go smoothly...

Chritin3K, Jia you.. dun think too much... rest as much as you can...

Thanks a lot... I'm not too worried about myself.. I'm more concern if bb will be born fine.. I'm a super paranoid person.. As I miscarried twice before... So.. I'm worried any part thru out the preggy I didn't take care of myself well.. Bb will be born with some problem... Ah... A lot running thru my head but yet I'm extreme excited to hold her in my arms on Friday! Wonder if she will really look like her daddy as shown in the 3D.. Lol

Thanks a lot... I'm not too worried about myself.. I'm more concern if bb will be born fine.. I'm a super paranoid person.. As I miscarried twice before... So.. I'm worried any part thru out the preggy I didn't take care of myself well.. Bb will be born with some problem... Ah... A lot running thru my head but yet I'm extreme excited to hold her in my arms on Friday! Wonder if she will really look like her daddy as shown in the 3D.. Lol
Sorry to hear that... You will do just fine :)

Hi christin3k, dun think too much.. Just need to think you will be carrying your bubbly baby this Friday. Enjoy your motherhood life!

ytd juz saw my gynae, almost being caught to go induce ytd due to BP too high and unstable.

update is cervix not open yet. so already agree wif gynae if this wk bb dun wan come out, will go c him next monday n induce.
gynae dun wan any complications due to my BP. so rather ask me to go induce since more than 36wks...

Take care Stoney! Hope everything goes smoothly!!
ytd juz saw my gynae, almost being caught to go induce ytd due to BP too high and unstable.

update is cervix not open yet. so already agree wif gynae if this wk bb dun wan come out, will go c him next monday n induce.
gynae dun wan any complications due to my BP. so rather ask me to go induce since more than 36wks...

Back