IVF with KKH (Dr Matthew Lau)

Connie_hopeful I agree with mosburger that u need to be comfortable with that dr first. If u are not comfortable with that dr, u will not feel any reassurance from him.

Mosburger: dr lau didn't offered me either to switch to other dr or stay put with him after I bfp. Guess he knows that I trust no one except him.

Jy everyone..

Niece, chevynox and mosburger. . How r u ladies? :)
For those ttc. . Have faith and jiayou!!! ;)
Hello sumiko83! Hvn't seen u posting for a while. How are u doing?

I'm keeping myself happy so far. 19 weeks into the pregnancy. Appetite still no good, still have ms but I try not to think abt it. So long as baby is growing and developing, everything is worth it. Looking forward to the detailed scan in 2 weeks' time! :D

Connie_hopeful I agree with mosburger that u need to be comfortable with that dr first. If u are not comfortable with that dr, u will not feel any reassurance from him.

Mosburger: dr lau didn't offered me either to switch to other dr or stay put with him after I bfp. Guess he knows that I trust no one except him.

Jy everyone..
Everyone's experience with Dr. Lau would be different, I guess. Imagine if he had memorized a sequence for all his patients, then he would be like a robot! Haha!

Mosburger u make me missed those bb movement. u must be very excited for the detail scan. By then shd be able to see the gender already. Treasure ur sleep now.. It been so long since I can have a good 6 to 7 hrs of sleep.

Hello sumiko83! Hvn't seen u posting for a while. How are u doing?

I'm keeping myself happy so far. 19 weeks into the pregnancy. Appetite still no good, still have ms but I try not to think abt it. So long as baby is growing and developing, everything is worth it. Looking forward to the detailed scan in 2 weeks' time! :D
Im doing fine.. just tt ive gestational diabetes, need to watch my diet..
take smaller meals.. 19 weeks.. take some mild herbal chkn soup. Like once a week. Put dang seng, yu zu, red dates, wolfberry, etc.. not v strong herbs. See if it helps in your appetite. :)

Dear sisters,
i have seen dr lau 3 times prior and yes, i am more comfortable with him compared to the other doc. Just that i turn to another dr at private rate for polyp removal. After this dr review on 7 nov for post surgery review,guess i will go back to dr lau for ivf try.

Take care, njoy yr motherhood gals n happy deppavali holidays. :)

Mosburger,hang in there,soon yr little bundle of joy will be smiling in yr arms :)

Last edited:
Mosburger u make me missed those bb movement. u must be very excited for the detail scan. By then shd be able to see the gender already. Treasure ur sleep now.. It been so long since I can have a good 6 to 7 hrs of sleep.
I hvn't started to feel little baby movements yet. But yes, I am looking forward to the detailed scan! :D

At my last visit to Dr. Lau, he attempted to try to see the baby's gender. But baby wasn't cooperative. Dr. Lau stared at the monitor for so long until he turned the monitor to himself. I was so amused. Then he finally gave up, and told me detailed scan should be able to see by then. Haha!

So tired nowadays. Day time always so sleepy, night time always wake up to pee.

Niece, how are u coping with ur little one? :)

Im doing fine.. just tt ive gestational diabetes, need to watch my diet..
take smaller meals.. 19 weeks.. take some mild herbal chkn soup. Like once a week. Put dang seng, yu zu, red dates, wolfberry, etc.. not v strong herbs. See if it helps in your appetite. :)
Is gestational diabetes something difficult to manage? U gotta take care yah!

Do the herbs u mentioned come pre-packed to be sold at medicinal halls like Fuhua? I'm quite bad with herbal stuff. I nv dared to buy individual, separate herbs coz I dunno how to use them. I once had a bad episode of massive one-month long bleeding (not sure if it was even menses) after I've been drinking herbal soup made by my MIL. She meant no harm but she assumed she knew what she used when she really didn't know, I guess. I ended seeing both western and TCM docs and took one year to tiao my body until I get somewhat regular menses with normal blood flow. Unless the herbs or medicine are prescribed by a certified TCM doc, I've nv taken other herbal stuff anymore since. Super scared.

Thanks for the recommendation nevertheless. I'll try to ask a TCM doc when I can.

hi ladies, i have a quick question. today is my D4 self jab for purgeon pen. i should finish the 2nd 1/2 bottle of liquid. but after jabbing 200, i still have 1/4 bottle liquid left. did i do something wrong? i called KKH and the nurse ask me to leave it and start a new bottle tmr. anybody experienced this?

Twinsy, is ur puregon cartridge the 300 IU cartridge or 900 IU cartridge? All cartridges carry more drug than indicated so tt it's enough for u to do things like test one drip before the actual jab. Depending on ur dosage prescribed, u may have some puregon left in cartridge. I happened to write down in my notebook. For one of the cartridges I used (300 IU cartridge), I only needed 2 x 150 IU so I used as prescribed. But the 300 IU cartridge really has 400 IU of puregon in the cartridge, so I have slightly less than 100 IU left in tt cartridge. Becoz it was less than 100 IU which was insufficient for my next dosage of 150 IU, I was told to discard and start a new cartridge. I believe it's for easier recording, counting and less pain coz dun have to jab two times from two cartridges to make up the required IU. Furthermore, after all those first drip test (turn one knob to see liquid can come out), I was pretty sure the remaining was less than 100 IU but I dunno how much left. It's no longer accurate.

As I do not know what cartridges u're using, I don't know what u mean by 1/2 bottle or 1/4 bottle. I suggest u follow the nurse's instructions since the hospital has records of ur prescribed dosages and prescribed cartridges. They will have a better picture of how much puregon u need.

Copied and pasted from http://www.ivf-worldwide.com/educat...ration/instructions-to-inject-of-puregon.html

contents of container
Puregon 300IU/0.36 ml of solution in 1.5 ml cartridge (type I glass) with a grey rubber piston and an aluminium crimp-cap with a rubber inlay.

Pack of 1 cartridge and 6 needles to be used with the Puregon Pen.

Cartridges contain a minimum of 400 IU FSH activity in 0.480 ml aqueous solution, which is sufficient for a net total dose of 300 IU.

Puregon 600IU/0.72 ml of solution in 1.5ml cartridge (type I glass) with a grey rubber piston and an aluminium crimp-cap with a rubber inlay.

Pack of 1 cartridge and 6 needles to be used with the Puregon Pen.

Cartridges contain a minimum of 700 IU FSH activity in 0.840 ml aqueous solution, which is sufficient for a net total dose of 600 IU.

Puregon 900IU/1.08 ml of solution in 1.5ml cartridge (type I glass) with a grey rubber piston and an aluminium crimp-cap with a rubber inlay.

Pack of 1 cartridge and 9 needles to be used with the Puregon Pen.

Cartridges contain a minimum of 1025 IU FSH activity in 1.230 ml aqueous solution, which is sufficient for a net total dose of 900 IU.

Last edited:
thanks alot mosburger. ya mine is the 300IU. ok in this case i should have 100 left which is not enuff for the next jab. coz i remember the previous cartridge i din have any leftovers. anyway i wll start a new cartridge tmr and will see how well eggies are doing on monday.

once again thank you! appreciate it.

thanks alot mosburger. ya mine is the 300IU. ok in this case i should have 100 left which is not enuff for the next jab. coz i remember the previous cartridge i din have any leftovers. anyway i wll start a new cartridge tmr and will see how well eggies are doing on monday.

once again thank you! appreciate it.
U're welcome. If u're using the 300 IU cartridge (containing 400 IUI) and u dun do the one-drip test like I did, u would have exactly 100 IU left. If u are prescribed 4 x 100 IU dosage, it's possible to use up the entire cartridge. Really depends on the prescription.

All the best in ur cycle! :)

Hi gals,just to inform that i have change my doc back to dr lau due to personal preference :) but i didnt email him. Next appt is dec. Anyway i cant do ivf yet as i pending sa freezing. Hope thgs are ok n progressing good

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to here. Today my private gynecologist referred me to see dr lau after I still fail to ovulate after being prescribe with clomid for 4 cycles. May I know if I just call in to make appt with him now will it be counted as private patient? I need advices soon as I'm thinking to see dr lau tomorrow. What is the number to call to make appt? Thanks in advance!

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to here. Today my private gynecologist referred me to see dr lau after I still fail to ovulate after being prescribe with clomid for 4 cycles. May I know if I just call in to make appt with him now will it be counted as private patient? I need advices soon as I'm thinking to see dr lau tomorrow. What is the number to call to make appt? Thanks in advance!

Kkh appointment are very full. You won't be able to see him immediately and usually appointment can take two weeks to one month. You can call 62944050 to make appt.

Ladies, anyone encounter doing SIS before DR Lau plan to do Ivf? My AF just finished going for this SIS on mon. Wonder how does it feel like?

No scared no scared...its a quick scan. When they pump in e fluid,u will feel a little cramp thats all. U can ask e doc who scan for u for mc

I think if ur cervix is normal, u will experience little to no pain like many sisters here.

For me, my sis was quite a bad experience as my cervix is sitting very high up so they spent more than 1 hr trying to pump e fluid n e pain was quite akin to being in labour! Not trying to scare anyone ya, just speaking for myself. Doc has indicated in my report that I will require sedation for transfer becos its going to be challenging.

Preciousbeanie,dun worry too much. U will be fine. Just relax when they putting e thing in. E scan will be done in 5 to 10 min time. Jiayou
Thanks. I'm done.. The dr who did the procedure quite rough.. Keep ask me to relax & put my butt down, when I'm already relax & butt already dwn, dunno where else dwn I can go when it's on the couch already... Haha.. They did quite a lot of angel scan leh.. Also I heard a lot of 3D angel done too,dunno is it abnormal or what.... Will only get to see Dr Lau in mid dec.. Haiz worried!!

Thanks. I'm done.. The dr who did the procedure quite rough.. Keep ask me to relax & put my butt down, when I'm already relax & butt already dwn, dunno where else dwn I can go when it's on the couch already... Haha.. They did quite a lot of angel scan leh.. Also I heard a lot of 3D angel done too,dunno is it abnormal or what.... Will only get to see Dr Lau in mid dec.. Haiz worried!!
Hugs. E doc who did my scan she is quite gentle. There will be mild spotting today n tomorrow. U can purchase e medical report n e x ray scan in cd format at e x ray centre in a few days time if u want to know e report prior to doc appt. It cost ard $21

Hugs. E doc who did my scan she is quite gentle. There will be mild spotting today n tomorrow. U can purchase e medical report n e x ray scan in cd format at e x ray centre in a few days time if u want to know e report prior to doc appt. It cost ard $21

Ok thanks. I think better wait for dr Lau to review.

Why need to do sperm freezing? Is it everyone need to do this stage? Pardon my question, coz I wan to know more to prep myself. Thanks ;)
No,not every 1 needs. I think only minority needs. For my case,kk doc wants me to store e sperms as backup as hubbys reserves are on a low side.

U able to do iui u should no need to do sperm freezing.

No,not every 1 needs. I think only minority needs. For my case,kk doc wants me to store e sperms as backup as hubbys reserves are on a low side.

U able to do iui u should no need to do sperm freezing.
Oh ic... I dunno what will be Dr Lau's plan either IVF or IUI, waiting for review in dec on my sis & hub's SA report. I'm hoping while waiting for all this plan my next AF can don't report to me... Hehe.. Praying hard..

Jia You!!

Connie_hopeful, dunno whether mine considered recent or not. I'm 24 weeks along now. Been seeing Dr. Lau for a long time. Still with him now that I'm halfway thru my pregnancy. :)

We chatted before. Hope u're doing fine. How's things progressing so far?

Today went to see dr lau. Glad that he accepted me back as patient on private rate n we had a good chat on our case. He patiently answers to all my queries. Realli more comfotable with him at this juncture so far. Now just have to keep mt fingers cross for menses arrival to decide which is e month to start this art journey. Since kkh is going to be close for washing
At e back of my head , hope menses dun come n can strike naturally. But fat hope i think!

Any sis currently in tww with dr lau?

Dear ladies, I know this question has been asked donkey times. Just wan to know what do you all usually do to prep oneself for IVF... Need to pay attention to what kind of diets, kinds of exercise that can or cannot do.. Etc.

Hi ladies,

I am back, failed my letrozole cycle. Dr Matthew is suggesting IUI for me. But my SIS report show there might be scar in my womb, therefore need to do OP before proceed to IUI. Would like to know if anyone has experienced the OP? Also would like to know what is the difference between IUI and SO-IUI? Any kind soul willing to share?

Back