(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

@Vivian88, to me, contraction pain is like mesus cramp.become unbearable as the contractions gets more frequent.u might want to download this apps call contractions to monitor contractions.my contraction was every 10 min.1 hr later was every 5 min.then get more intense

My contraction was accompanied by menses cramp feel which makes u feel sore from the back n the urge to push like passing motion.

The interval was pretty constant. 7 mins apart which lasted half a min . Started from 3am to 10am before I call gynae. Was 3 cm dilated with no other symptoms.

yup due to latching on. Didn't think too much but continue to latch on until I saw bb has trace of blood on her mouth.

is that alright for bb to drink that bit of blood? will stop latch on but cont to express.

My bb drank blood before. Haha. Now 5 yrs old already. Abit nvm. But must let your nipple heal. N make sure u learn the proper way of latching if u still wana latch. Cos bf not supposed to hv sore nipples one. If u scared to use nipple cream you can hand express abit if BM and apply to the sore area before putting the shell to protect. Works wonders. The colostrum can help to moisturize your sore nipple.

Thanks guys for sharing! I really hope my baby will be out soon! I feel like a walking planet already.. So heavy.
Just to share with you guys.. I had kinda bad depression during throughout the pregnancy. It was when I was around 34weeks that I got better, because of constant love from my husband.. My husband is not Singaporean, so we were apart.. And due to financial and family issues, stress was building up inside me.. One day I just explode! I always feel guilty to my baby, because during the first and second trimester, I'll always cry and try to hurt myself.. Saying I don't want my baby anymore.. I want to die..etc. finally my husband came to Singapore, and was with me until now.. I became better..
My husband always say, there always a silver lining somewhere.. And our baby is our rainbow and silver lining..

Now, we just pray that everything will be smooth.. After baby is out, he can find work to do..
Because we have used up almost all of our savings and just left for the delivery! :)
I promise him I will be positive and be strong for baby and him. Inside me, I hope I can deliver naturally without any painkiller to reduce cost! I keep reminding myself that our body will know what to do, don't think of pain.. Just prepare to see baby soon!

Anyway, just wanna share.. Hope I didn't bore anyone! Hehe

Yup, @kitty_kitty I will download the app! Thanks!

Congratz to all d mommies who pop out recently.was busy wd my bbs full month celebration,busy wd my little one,busy wd my daughter,busy cleaning d house,busy washing d laundry,at nte time busy also feeding my LO 3x.mommies hows ur little one?after u feed 11pm-12am how many times ur babies drink milk?can my 1 month old + train to sleep tru d night and dont feed him at all?i heared some parents train dr little 2-3 weeks by cutting the milk during nte time and feed more on day time.

Congratz to all d mommies who pop out recently.was busy wd my bbs full month celebration,busy wd my little one,busy wd my daughter,busy cleaning d house,busy washing d laundry,at nte time busy also feeding my LO 3x.mommies hows ur little one?after u feed 11pm-12am how many times ur babies drink milk?can my 1 month old + train to sleep tru d night and dont feed him at all?i heared some parents train dr little 2-3 weeks by cutting the milk during nte time and feed more on day time.
Congrats on ur bb full mth! For my girl after the 11 - 12am feed, she only woke up once for night feed. At times i managed to drag her feed till 4/5hrs.

Ladies, does anyone have solution how to get rid of the lump at breast.i pump out the milk.but I tink these stuborn lumps are cause when I was just home.didnt pump consistently.I saw heat pad solution but no micro wave at home.A lot heat pad needs microwave.

Ladies, does anyone have solution how to get rid of the lump at breast.i pump out the milk.but I tink these stuborn lumps are cause when I was just home.didnt pump consistently.I saw heat pad solution but no micro wave at home.A lot heat pad needs microwave.

Massage. If don't want to use heat pad can also use warm towel to compress

I nv really train leh. I let them feed on demand. They are still young so still best to feed during night I think. Maybe 3rd can feed 1-2x during night. But should not completely don't feed. That's what I think?

I also feel that baby is growing and only rely on milk so it's best not to let them go hunger. My 30 days old is drinking 100ml 6-8 times a day. Sometimes can stretched 4-5hrs when sleeping in the midnight.

Some ppl feed water to trained their babies not to wake in the night. But I feel that since already wake up from sleep, might as well give milk than water to satisfy a hungry baby.

Some kids wean off milk very early. As early as 2-3yrs old. So give them as much as possible if they ask for it now..

My 2cts ;)

Last edited:
Massage. If don't want to use heat pad can also use warm towel to compress

Yah. Massage lumps in circular motion then hand express out the milk. Then repeatedly do this until the lumps are not there. Don't pump too long. If bb only latch for 10min don't go beyond. Else will over stimulate milk production then u will always have lumps an engorgement.

If you don't want to hand express I can massage when bb is drinking. More effective than any pump or hand expression

Pour hot water in milk bottle(that will replace your heat pad) and roll on where your lump is.

@popie,
I give up letting bb latch on.she latch and fall asleep. 30mins I tink she just drink 20ml....If feed her both side then its going to b 1 hr thing.so I pump out.but this lump get painful and I have little pain tolerance level.so feel like giving up...

@beac,
Do u means use warm towel and press on that lump?

Yeah you can do that.
If pain can use cold compresses in between feedings to help ease pain.

Best is for baby to latch. Then if he/she sleep for too long (3-4hrs) wake him or her up to feed to clear the lumps. Cos baby suction is better than pump still.

@popie,
I give up letting bb latch on.she latch and fall asleep. 30mins I tink she just drink 20ml....If feed her both side then its going to b 1 hr thing.so I pump out.but this lump get painful and I have little pain tolerance level.so feel like giving up...

I also prefer to pump out and feed. My girl also tend to fall asleep when latching and it takes long time for her to drink both sides.

Wow congrats! Can share your birth story when you are free? Hehe

This is my first baby. First mucus plug fell off when I visit toilet at 4 am then I had mild contractions for an hour before falling asleep. Woke up pee got blood. Went to gynae check was 1.5cm dilate only. Go home to monitor.
Next day contractions start every 20 mins 2 cm dilate. Doc wanna me to give birth on this day by quicken process n poke my bag. I didn't want so went home to wait again.
Day contractions start to intense. This is where the pain gets very uncomfortable. At 11.30pm rush to hospital n 4cm dilate. Ask for epidural cos I really cannot imagine 10cm pain n no energy to push later.
So I gave birth after 8 hours. So from 4cm to 10cm it is this long for me.

I also prefer to pump out and feed. My girl also tend to fall asleep when latching and it takes long time for her to drink both sides.
my sore nipples r quite bad yday has tingling feel on another side. The other day one side is bleeding. Now I'm expressing the milk to bottle feed her. I keep on expressing every 4-6hourly.

Congrats on ur bb full mth! For my girl after the 11 - 12am feed, she only woke up once for night feed. At times i managed to drag her feed till 4/5hrs.
Waahh so good.after 11-12am then u only feed her ones?last nte i try to cut his feeding time.after 11am he drink 2am after that i let him drink 6am.hope his always like ds hehehehhe..

I nv really train leh. I let them feed on demand. They are still young so still best to feed during night I think. Maybe 3rd can feed 1-2x during night. But should not completely don't feed. That's what I think?
Yeah mybe 3rd month or 2nd month i train him.but last nte was good enough heheheh after i feed him 11:30pm he drink 2:30am then follow by 6am.

my sore nipples r quite bad yday has tingling feel on another side. The other day one side is bleeding. Now I'm expressing the milk to bottle feed her. I keep on expressing every 4-6hourly.

Hi littlefish mummy, if u want to have regular flow of breast milk, try to pump 3-4 hours. Try not to drag more than 4 hours if not Breast milk might getting lesser through pumping. Unless you able to let your baby latch interval. That's my experience. :)

I having sore beside my nipple area and have a small lump. Been like this for few weeks. Doctor given me antibiotic ,hope it gets Better. Luckily only 1 side of my ( • ). So I still can latch my LO. As for the swollen ( • ),I express it by squeezing & throw away the BM. Anyone have such problem like me?

I m having this tingling sensation on both side.i tried put warm water in bottle and massage the lump, tried hot towel and also tried to let bb latch on.hope that tomolo is better. Massage lady ask me wear bra.I didnt put on bra since the day I back home.wonder got effect on those lump or not...

@popie,
@kitty_kitty if you are willing to try again you can try prepping your breasts before you latch bb. You can massage ur nipples until u see milk droplets then latch bb. Milk flow will b faster n it will encourage let down. When that happens ur bb will b screaming for u to slow down. :p

Usually if u hv lumps it engorged bb will take v long to suck. Cos all the milk stuck. Takes alot of effort for bb to suck the milk out. That's why bb fall asleep. My girl also like that initially. In fact her diapers were all dry in the first 3 days and I felt her suck was v weak. Until I clear my engorgement then she suckled better and stronger. N everything just fell into place.

Dun give up so soon. Blocked ducts and lumps are not nice to hv. In the long run will cause mastitis if always v hard. Still cannot must find Lactation consultant.

I having sore beside my nipple area and have a small lump. Been like this for few weeks. Doctor given me antibiotic ,hope it gets Better. Luckily only 1 side of my ( • ). So I still can latch my LO. As for the swollen ( • ),I express it by squeezing & throw away the BM. Anyone have such problem like me?

@BunnyHorse I think that is likely o be a milk lump. Unless u had a breast lump there before? The milk can drink one. Don't pour away. Wasted. My doc always say BM is liquid gold. Hehe.

If there are lumps all the more should let bb drink from there. As bb is drinking massage the lump. It will subside like magic. If still don't work change latching position and do the same.

@ popie

I don't have breast lump before. Really can drink huh..worried it might have bacteria. Cos swollen red n pain. It's right beside my nipple. Not on the flesh.

@popie, I tried to let bb latch on.she drink 10 mins then stop.even I offer the nipple to her but she still dun want.a while she cry again.I got confinement lady to make FM for her . tentatively I plan to latch her on a while then feed fa . Hopefully the lump clears faster.Very discourage by all these lump.starting stitching wound pain.now wound recovering and this lump came along. Endless challenge as a mummy

If hv lumps the best way is for baby to suckle direct. My baby also sometimes every hour drink 10mins. Tiring but that's the best way to get rid of the clogged ducts and engorgement!

Don't hv to worry about bacteria in BM. Even if you have flu or fever you can still give your baby BM. Just as long you're not taking medication that will affect your BM.

@ popie

I don't have breast lump before. Really can drink huh..worried it might have bacteria. Cos swollen red n pain. It's right beside my nipple. Not on the flesh.

@BunnyHorse u mean the lump itself is red and painful? Like mosquito bite? Cos if it is milk lump it will b swollen and painful when touched. Feeling if soreness. If u r not sure better to seek medical advise. Cos I also can't see ur lump. Safer to seek professional help. But if it is cfmd milk lump can drink one. N shld subside once u clear the milk there

@popie, I tried to let bb latch on.she drink 10 mins then stop.even I offer the nipple to her but she still dun want.a while she cry again.I got confinement lady to make FM for her . tentatively I plan to latch her on a while then feed fa . Hopefully the lump clears faster.Very discourage by all these lump.starting stitching wound pain.now wound recovering and this lump came along. Endless challenge as a mummy

Did u massage ur breast until there are milk droplets on ur nipple? Need to prep ur breasts before u feed. ESP if u hv blocked ducts. Cos my bb also like that. I thought she suck v long already but actually milk didn't clear. If I prep before I feed she can suck much longer and after that my breasts feels emptied.

I know what u mean abt brig discouraged. ESP as a first time mum n duno what to expect. Lumps haunt me for 3 bbs now. With my #3 I also get lumps n engorgement. Always hv to go back to see LC at least once each pregnancy. But once u know the technique of clearing it is all abt hard work. Can b done one. Jia you!

Hello everyone,

Sorry I joined this thread abit late. Been very very busy and i'm not really active in forums after my firstborn. Heh. But I would really like to get to know other Oct 2014 mummies. Hope it's not too late to join any chats or group outings if any. My EDD is 29 Oct, having another boy. So how's everyone coping?

@ popie

Yesyes like mosquito bite.I went GP, she gave me antibiotic. Hopefully it'll recover fast. I can only latch 1 ( • ) Now.

Back