Anyone Had Bad Experience With Home Based Tuitors?

Recently I engage a tuitor for my son. He is in primary 3 this year and sitting for his end of year exam.
I get him a tuitor from this XXX Tuition Centre. So called an Ex teacher with few years of experience.
However after few lessons teaching I have a great sense that something is not right. I called the school that she claimed she work before and they said "no such person".
I even talked to the admin staff who worked there for more than 20 years and she told me no such teacher.
I paid her in full for my son's lesson up to next year.
May i know for a tuitor...does she provides notes and stuff? cos end i up i printed out and provide worksheets for her to teach my son.

i even paid her quite a sum of money for worksheets (primary 3 & 4) but till date i have yet to receive any.

pls advise what should i do?

I think u shd ask for her nie cert. And also don't need to pay her in advance till end of the year. Usual procedure is pay after every 4 or 8 lessons. But then again, if it was a mutual agreement then nothing to say. As for the worksheets, I'm not too sure. Most tutors use exam papers, guide books or assessment books. Maybe supplement with some notes as n when but not all have their own set of materials. Unless u go tuition centre.

Back