IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ellesie, thanks. I remembered someone is with Dr Fong but just cannot remember who. Haha... I am really excited to start the ivf cycle. My very very first time doing ivf. AF late for almost a week already...

Ellesie, thanks. I remembered someone is with Dr Fong but just cannot remember who. Haha... I am really excited to start the ivf cycle. My very very first time doing ivf. AF late for almost a week already...
Piglet, dr fong was my 1st gynae. I did my iui n so iui with him many many years ago

How old are u? Did u also took dhea etc ?
kymkym.. I remember u asked abt dhea earlier... I seen dr loh, and he advise me not to take... but he advise my friend to take. guess he will access if u need to take. so best to check with your gyne.

Thanks babe! :)
N How many days were u away from work after ET?
Dr Loh says he will give me two weeks mc But I'm still thinking How many days I wanna rest at home
humm... I will advise u hv a good rest at home... coz stress free is very impt during this period... juz stay at home watch some happy drama... time flies.

I just had my transfer yesterday. 2 d5 embbies and one already started to hatch when transferred. Now can only cross finger and wait for result. Yesterday transfer is the longest I ever had because my bladder is not full enough and doc have to pump in more water. That experience is horrible. Really dun think want to experience it again. All the best to all
ellesie, 'hatch' sounds good!!! good luck... hope to hv good news from u after 2ww.

just did my blood test for progesterone this morning and the clinic called tat my progesterone level is very low. need to have jab 3 times a week, oral medication progynova and ultogestan and continue with the insert. Anyone with such experience still manage to bfp? started to lose hope and feeling stressful at the same time. sigh!

just did my blood test for progesterone this morning and the clinic called tat my progesterone level is very low. need to have jab 3 times a week, oral medication progynova and ultogestan and continue with the insert. Anyone with such experience still manage to bfp? started to lose hope and feeling stressful at the same time. sigh!
Ellesie,dun lose hope. Its good that yr gynae is monitoring you during e 2ww,as least u are still in time to get the support needed. Jiayou n stay positive. :)
My previous ivf try i was not given progestorone check. Only deligently put in crinone till bloodtest day,so dun reali know if e support is enuf or not. I feel that its good u have support,at least u still got time to work towards a bfp at 2we if support is reali not enough

How many blood test do we have to undertake before start ivf? If im not told to do any during e briefing means I have done all? Worried tat I may not have done all. Don't know if kkh will advise if I call them?

How many blood test do we have to undertake before start ivf? If im not told to do any during e briefing means I have done all? Worried tat I may not have done all. Don't know if kkh will advise if I call them?
Hi hlixian, i have not started ivf with kkh yet. But from wat i know, i think e madatory test for ivf are e hiv and rebella test for you n hubby. Which u have paid $500 in e councelling already and part of e amt is for blood test as mentioned above.

ellesie, dun give up hope... it's normal practise to test for progesterone level for fresh. There are ppl who took the jab and still bfp. jy jy....

I only took 1 blood test before I start my cycle. think was HIV n.... (can't remember, heehee) but I'm with Dr Loh, not kkh.

Thanks all. Really feel demoralised. This is not fresh cycle but fet. As I din do transfer after er last aug. Is there any food can increase the progesterone?

Hi hlixian, i have not started ivf with kkh yet. But from wat i know, i think e madatory test for ivf are e hiv and rebella test for you n hubby. Which u have paid $500 in e councelling already and part of e amt is for blood test as mentioned above.
I did e blood test for hiv and others (cant rem) but the bill only abt $300... during e briefing, some couple were asked to take blood test. But none for me and hubby.

I did e blood test for hiv and others (cant rem) but the bill only abt $300... during e briefing, some couple were asked to take blood test. But none for me and hubby.
U mean some couples are asked to do more blood tests by the doctor during the counselling session?

I think e pricing is ard there. I heard kkh ivf concelling needs to pay, so councelling n bloodtest(hiv,rubella) adds up ard $500 for both u n hubby. If u are reali worried,call up kkivf centre to ask. Hope this helps :)

Anyone can advise how many scans to take after stimulation? Need to go kkh a few times?

Also does doctor give oral medications and inserts after ET?

Anyone can advise how many scans to take after stimulation? Need to go kkh a few times?

Hi bbpony am on day 7 of stim for my first fresh... As of today I have gone for 3 scans... Going for another one on day 10... Guess it will be ard 4-5 scans on the average

I did a total of 3 scans during stim jabs. It depends on how u r responding to the jabs. Yah need to go kkivf early in the morning.

After et, was given progesterone inserts.

Can I ask which hosp are u with? How come ur doc will have u do a bld test for progesterone?

those with dr tan hh, have u ever been called for a progesterone test during 2ww??

I start increasing egg white intake before start cycle... no harm to up your protein. but full blast during the cycle. (8 egg white a day)

good luck for your cycle :)
Hi...how did u manage to eat 8eggs whites per days???? Haha then what did u do with the yolks?? Im just eating more protein food..

Missyserene, im with private gynae and have my ivf done at sincere. For private, normally more kiasu. They will monitor closely on the level of progesterone n top up the support if needed.

Thanks all. We are feeling ok now. Got many other things lined up for us :) And I took the 3 days HL given to me. Tomorow I'm going SHOPPING. Hee.

kym, it's good for you to have alternative plans. For us, ivf with my own eggs will be the only option. We have no intention to pursue further.

janices, no, the whole FET is aborted.

Good luck to everyone hor!!
Hi redvel, all the best! Dun give up! Hope for miracles! Seems like babies always come when you least expect it! In the meantime, enjoy your life to fullest!

hi.. i had my ET done on thurs and now recuperating at home. I must say dr tan hh is VERY busy. both my ER & ET were much later than appointed time. ER was 2hrs later and ET was 3hrs later. Part of the reason for 3hrs delayed was also i cleared my bladder just 15mins before i was called, but that was because i had held my bladder for 3hrs from the time i was told to do so! and then 15mins later the nurse called and i cant go in but another lady went in instead. so frustrating. anyway the lady before me is also under dr tan and he cant even wait for me to come and get ready but to rush back to clinic. so i end up waiting another 30mins. so in 10mins, we are done. thats all i'll see of him. only twice - at ER &ET. so much for seeing him pte.

also, a side note for those doing ER..(but it cld be just me) after i woke up from sedation, i was just feeling a little pain, hungryand just tired and slightly nausea. then the nurse came in and gave me milo and biscuit. i wanted to ask for warm water only cause i know shldnt tk milky food after sedation but because i was soooo hungry from fasting for more than 12hrs..i went for the milo and biscuit! WRONG move! i was soooooo much more nauseated..felt soooooo terrible. wanted to vomit also cannot. i dont know how long i stayed on & i think they had to "chase" me off coz others have left and when i met my hubby outside, i still had to sit outside coz i cldnt urinate (which is impt that they ensure you do pass urine at KK) and still feeling very terrible. anyway in the end, i vomited in the car. felt sooo much relieved..

silly nurse still keep saying aiya must be e milo made me nausea. i was like..." then why u still give me lor!!"

anyway i have very enlarged ovaries and very bloated now. anyone experienced before and how long after does it subsides if it doesnt develop into OHSS? and if i do have mild OHSS, what will i look out for? can i help to reduced my ovaries because its very bloated and painful..
Missyserene, after i did er and et, the bloatedness lasted for a week. I was down for 5 days! Basically I lied in bed for that whole 5 days, cldnt move much n have to wear loose clothes to hide the boated tummy! Quite unbearable.

Fresh egg transfer 25/8
Menses came 11/9

Till now, my next menses has not come yet and bfn (tested with clear blue since so tried natural this mth). Has anyone have irregular periods after a failed transfer? Getting worried my body might be spoilt??!!!

Fresh egg transfer 25/8
Menses came 11/9

Till now, my next menses has not come yet and bfn (tested with clear blue since so tried natural this mth). Has anyone have irregular periods after a failed transfer? Getting worried my body might be spoilt??!!!
Hihi bbfanatic,fret not. E menses after an ivf cycle will go off e regular for 1 to 2 cycles. After 3rd menses from e ivf cycle, yr menses will go back to regular

Fresh egg transfer 25/8
Menses came 11/9

The drugs are still inside ur body. It can take 4-6 weeks to flush them out. I rem my doc told me before may need 2-3 cycles to resume normal. Pls keep drinking lots of water!

Missyserene, after i did er and et, the bloatedness lasted for a week. I was down for 5 days! Basically I lied in bed for that whole 5 days, cldnt move much n have to wear loose clothes to hide the boated tummy! Quite unbearable.
Totally understand! I had even brace myself yo go to a best fren's wedding on the 3rd day! Gosh my pants doesnt fit & my dresses made me looked fat/pregnant!

Anyway can I continue with my Conceive Well? In so scare im not having enuff support. Only given folic acid and the inserts. My problem has always been my lining not thick for implantation. ..sigh. .

bbpony, stimulation can range from 8-14days.. depends on individual response to the jab.. n yes u need close monitoring... for your reference, I had 3 scans w 10 days stimulation. but heard gov hospital monitor more closely

Hi...how did u manage to eat 8eggs whites per days???? Haha then what did u do with the yolks?? Im just eating more protein food..
lol... I had softboiled egg.. 3 or 4 egg white w 1 yolk... coz no yolk not nice. sometime hardboiled, steamed.. eggs in all form lol...

Fresh egg transfer 25/8
Menses came 11/9

u need few cycle for mens to back to normal...

Totally understand! I had even brace myself yo go to a best fren's wedding on the 3rd day! Gosh my pants doesnt fit & my dresses made me looked fat/pregnant!

Anyway can I continue with my Conceive Well? In so scare im not having enuff support. Only given folic acid and the inserts. My problem has always been my lining not thick for implantation. ..sigh. .
u tried drinking red bean soup... heard can increase lining.

Hi hi ladies, anyone knows if number of fertilized eggs vary each ivf cycle?

Just thinking if I will only have 1 fertilized egg like my last ivf cycle.

Hi missyserene, I stopped conceived well during the 2ww. If u read the labels, it says for pre pregnancy support. Once pregnant, can switch to biomores' another range for pregnant women. However I think it prob is ok to still take conceive well during the 2ww. It also contains folic acid though, which will be more than what the body can absorb each day.

Hello, is anyone with Christopher Chen from gleneagles. Any feedback? Am thinking of going to a private doc after 3 failed attempts at KKH. Any other docs you gals would recommend?

Hihi Ladies,

Into my first ivf cycle... today is my day 4 stims... On 250mg puregon from day 1-4. Tmr on will add on orgalutran 25 mg. Going for scan at kkh on fri.

Just to check: Is it normal to not feel any side effects from the stims? And is it safe to go for back massage during stim?

Thanks lots!

Back