IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

How many blood test do we have to undertake before start ivf? If im not told to do any during e briefing means I have done all? Worried tat I may not have done all. Don't know if kkh will advise if I call them?

Last edited:

Hi sisters, does Dr THH only see patients on Tue morn? I'm starting a new class on Tues next month onwards so not sure if he sees patients on other day else not sure what to do. Might hv to switch doc if he doesn't although I really prefer to stick w him

How many blood test do we have to undertake before start ivf? If im not told to do any during e briefing means I have done all? Worried tat I may not have done all. Don't know if kkh will advise if I call them?
U can call to ask them to check. They also will check when your cycle starts. That's what they did for me. My screening test expired after 6 months and they reminded me to go and take another test before my first scan.

Hi ladies.. Received a call from KKIVFC this morning informing me that "the embryologist says my embryos are ready for transfer".. So my ET's done a day earlier.. It's a single champion.. My other 3 didnt make it to blast.. My TWW starts NOW!.. :D

Hi ladies.. Received a call from KKIVFC this morning informing me that "the embryologist says my embryos are ready for transfer".. So my ET's done a day earlier.. It's a single champion.. My other 3 didnt make it to blast.. My TWW starts NOW!.. :D
All e best! U only need a good 1 to strike. Pray that this is e 1. Cross fingers for u.

Me still at baby steps stage n now waiting to see tsb. :)

jiayou rachelt!!! good luck to u! it's a good news

I will be doing my fet next year jan as i already had holiday plans before that.
This time round i will be with Dr Tan HH. Previously i was with Dr Lau, positive but sadly mc on week 18.

Dr Tan mentioned that my womb is weak and n next pregnancy will need to do stitching.

Any idea what i can do these few mths while waiting for the fet?

For tcm, im starting seeing dr he qiuling from eu yang sang @ chinatown last mth.

Any other ways i can do to strengthen my womb?

But last time when im under Dr Lau, he have his own email add at kkh.

I forgot to ask from Dr Tan for his namecard...

But last time when im under Dr Lau, he have his own email add at kkh.

I forgot to ask from Dr Tan for his namecard...
His namecard dun have email..wanted to ask questions about my medication but next appt is so long..call to request for earlier appt but was informed fully book.

@jieqi66.. i was oso very tired during my fresh.. but this fet.. i seem to have energy and the mood oso diff.. ya.. walked slowly.. so slow DH seems to be "pulling" me.. lol.. but ok la.. i just cant slp very well.. maybe too conscious.. slp on back kena back ache.. slp on side scared accidentally flip to be on my front.. so cant slp very well.. and so hot.. everynight dripping with perspiration.. wake up smelly smelly.. EVEN with AC on hor.. :s

@meilingg.. think tcm is the way to go.. i see TSB.. EYS is so expensive we gave up after 3 visits..

@connie_hopeful.. dont bother to email even if u managed to get it.. THH is known not to reply email.. I'd suggest u call the KK Hotline (not ivfc) and leave a message.. the lady will ask u what it's about.. and u can tell her the issue.. she'll get the nurse from clinic D to call u back.. THH wont return call neither will he reply email.. or alternatively.. if it's for IVF.. u can call IVFC for help..

@jieqi66.. i was oso very tired during my fresh.. but this fet.. i seem to have energy and the mood oso diff.. ya.. walked slowly.. so slow DH seems to be "pulling" me.. lol.. but ok la.. i just cant slp very well.. maybe too conscious.. slp on back kena back ache.. slp on side scared accidentally flip to be on my front.. so cant slp very well.. and so hot.. everynight dripping with perspiration.. wake up smelly smelly.. EVEN with AC on hor.. :s

@meilingg.. think tcm is the way to go.. i see TSB.. EYS is so expensive we gave up after 3 visits..

@connie_hopeful.. dont bother to email even if u managed to get it.. THH is known not to reply email.. I'd suggest u call the KK Hotline (not ivfc) and leave a message.. the lady will ask u what it's about.. and u can tell her the issue.. she'll get the nurse from clinic D to call u back.. THH wont return call neither will he reply email.. or alternatively.. if it's for IVF.. u can call IVFC for help..
Rachelt,thanks
Feeling hot is a good sign. If bbt continue to be high, chances should be good. Take care :)

Hi rachet, your ET is done earlier, was it supposed to culture to blastocyst?

Ok thanks. How are u feeling?

I just did my ET. 2 of the 4 thawed arrested so dr trf the other 2 quickly. Was worried on the condition of the 2 just transferred.
So this 2 reached blastocyst stage le ma? Just stay rested for at least the first 3 days.. I just started going out on day 4.. Hehe..
Feeling OK and excited for Mon's Bt..

So this 2 reached blastocyst stage le ma? Just stay rested for at least the first 3 days.. I just started going out on day 4.. Hehe..
Feeling OK and excited for Mon's Bt..

No, the 2 are still D3. This time I'm gonna stay rested longer. Last FET I went out for some meetings, mayb a bit too kan cheong / stressed. So this time gonna zen a bit more.

All the best on Monday!

No, the 2 are still D3. This time I'm gonna stay rested longer. Last FET I went out for some meetings, mayb a bit too kan cheong / stressed. So this time gonna zen a bit more.

All the best on Monday!
Ya Ya.. Just relak at home.. There's a season of tine for everything.. And this season is to rest for ur bb's sake.. Jia you ar..

Anyone started the cycle with Dr Tan? Looking for cycle buddy. I just started my cycle since friday and I am on short cycle.

@MichNg: Hihi. I am doing my fresh. this is my second time. the last round was in 2011 so I forgot about all the process. Good luck to you :)

@Hlixian: Today is day 6 of the jab and this time round, Dr Tan put me on short cycle. So far, I have some headache which the nurse has warned me.

Anyone can share about the short protocol cycle timing?

I see. Was your last cycle successful?

You can read circlecircle's blog on the short and long protocol:

Iamcircles.blogspot.sg

Hi, can anyone advise if KKH will call us after the ER to advise the no. of fertilized eggs to be transferred beforehand?

hi @MichNg, read that you're currently in your 2WW after FET. Are you on medicated or natural? Roughly how many scans; and the frequency you had prior to ET? I understand that it differs for every individual but I just need for reference purpose. Reason being I'm on natural and 1st scan on CD10 on 13/11. But I might have something on 15/11 so I'm kinda concern gota go for scan again. TIA & good luck to you! :)

hi @MichNg, read that you're currently in your 2WW after FET. Are you on medicated or natural? Roughly how many scans; and the frequency you had prior to ET? I understand that it differs for every individual but I just need for reference purpose. Reason being I'm on natural and 1st scan on CD10 on 13/11. But I might have something on 15/11 so I'm kinda concern gota go for scan again. TIA & good luck to you! :)
I'm on medicated FET. I only needed 1 scan on CD13 to check my lining hit minimum of 8mm. Then ET was planned a few days later. They also consider if you plan to trf D3 or D5 embies.
I'm not sure of the timeline for natural. Rachelt will know better for she tried natural before.

Hi Ladies, am not really new to this forum but previously was in another thread. Did 2 IUI (1 natural and 1 SO-IUI) at Mt E but failed. Took a break of 2+ years and now back to TTCing again. Being trying for 7-8 years but nothing happen. Finally decided to give IVF a try. Went for my first consultation today with Dr Tan HH (btw, the wait was not really bad maybe becos my appointment was at 12:30pm) and bought along all the test report i have done previously (HSG, Blood Test and DH's Test). He did a scan on me and said that everything looks normal.. basically we are classified under unexplained infertility. At first, i thought that DH test result was not really good but he said that it is good enough for IVF. He also explain that there is no guarantee that we will get it in the first try but at least it is double the chance of IUI and for my age, i have a 35%-40% chance.
Did my blood test for blood count, rubella virus igg antibody and AHM today and now waiting for KKIVF to call for the appointment to do the briefing. They say that they will call within the next 1-2 weeks. Does it really take so long for them to arrange for the appointment? Anyone around the same timing like me?

Back