(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I only manage to attend one of wong boi boi class due to replacement and the rest with another lady. She basically didnt teach much and i dont think it help me much.

Stacy, u mean prenatal classes? I think it's best to have an elder or CL to guide you. Unless you have a super supportive hubby, otherwise juz relying on prenatal classes is not enough. My hub and I barely survived and he is wonderful.
Sorry sorry yes I meant prenatal classes ;p

Today I didn't go to work because I was feeling pretty down. I know it's the hormones that keeping me down, but I'm not feeling much pregnancy joy.

I don't feel like eating much, but forcing myself to which really sucks because eating seems like a chore. I have a little tummy and I don't feel like dressing up to go to work because anything that sits on my tummy makes me feel uncomfortable - it's that stupid bloat. When I think about the future, it's a little daunting.

Anyone feeling the same?

Today I didn't go to work because I was feeling pretty down. I know it's the hormones that keeping me down, but I'm not feeling much pregnancy joy.

I don't feel like eating much, but forcing myself to which really sucks because eating seems like a chore. I have a little tummy and I don't feel like dressing up to go to work because anything that sits on my tummy makes me feel uncomfortable - it's that stupid bloat. When I think about the future, it's a little daunting.

Anyone feeling the same?
Same here! I'm approaching the end of first trimester and thought ms will go away soon but looks like its getting worse. I'm still craving & eating unhealthy food and I feel so guilty towards my bb. But I really couldn't stomach healthy food like fish & veg. I also can't eat much coz I will start to feel bloated, dizzy & nauseas after each meal. I lost 3 kg between 5th to 7th week & now at almost 12th week I only gained 400g. My hubby keeps saying I must eat for bb and one day I finally flared up. He is not going through what I'm experiencing now & it's easy for him to talk.

Same here! I'm approaching the end of first trimester and thought ms will go away soon but looks like its getting worse. I'm still craving & eating unhealthy food and I feel so guilty towards my bb. But I really couldn't stomach healthy food like fish & veg. I also can't eat much coz I will start to feel bloated, dizzy & nauseas after each meal. I lost 3 kg between 5th to 7th week & now at almost 12th week I only gained 400g. My hubby keeps saying I must eat for bb and one day I finally flared up. He is not going through what I'm experiencing now & it's easy for him to talk.

I know what you mean about junk food! It's terrible I eat more instant noodles (3 packs) this month than I have in half a yr! I don't even feel like drinking water even tho I'm thirsty, it's that sickening taste in my mouth. And all of this manifests into feelings too. Just feel so listless.

Yah... I'm dehydrating too. Can't drink too much water. The worst is although I didn't drink a lot of water but I keep peeing, especially at night.

i m using private ones. i can share with you some that my neighbours recommend

1. +60167904167 Auntie Siew Choo
2. +65 90765538 Zhu Jie
How much is yours? Market rate now? I heard private one is dangerous as they might just cannot perform and you have no choice but to sack them.. I saw a few of my friends without CL for 2 weeks or so and really scare me..

For prenatal classes, tmc wong boi boi classes are good. The rest so so and iny view not worth it.
Thanks.. I will ask the nurses when I go for the TMC hospital tour this sat..

Anyone feeling the same?
It's normal lah.. Everyday I wake up feeling super tired.. Like I didn't sleep for days.. Dressing up is a chore as I'm trying to hide my bump which is getting obvious to me.. But be positive as the LO will soon be in our arms and all of these will worth it..

I also didn't put on much weight.. Max 1 kg and im underweight.. Slowly eat some food whenever you can.. Once we are in 2nd trimester, things will improve.. Maybe we will just eat non stop and hubbies need to stop us then..

Thanks all for concern. I'm now trying to make it a habit to at least make milo or eat something first thing in the morning.

Usually mummies to be have morning sickness but for me, it usually happens at night. Right after dinner time all the way until before I sleep. I always vomit at night. Sometimes, I feel so nauseous yet i feel afraid to vomit as I'm worried it might affect the baby. But each time after I vomitted, I definitely feel much better.

Right now, nothing really seems to be able to ease my nausea, sadly. Can't wait for these two weeks to be over because Gynae said it will all be over after approx 10th week. I'm now at 8th week.

How much is yours? Market rate now? I heard private one is dangerous as they might just cannot perform and you have no choice but to sack them.. I saw a few of my friends without CL for 2 weeks or so and really scare me..
Market rate is 2.6k n abv for 28 days.usually I go by recommendation .they r recommended by people who engage them before then I will consider. Else no. Agency I m not too sure.

Thanks all for concern. I'm now trying to make it a habit to at least make milo or eat something first thing in the morning.

Usually mummies to be have morning sickness but for me, it usually happens at night. Right after dinner time all the way until before I sleep. I always vomit at night. Sometimes, I feel so nauseous yet i feel afraid to vomit as I'm worried it might affect the baby. But each time after I vomitted, I definitely feel much better.

Right now, nothing really seems to be able to ease my nausea, sadly. Can't wait for these two weeks to be over because Gynae said it will all be over after approx 10th week. I'm now at 8th week.
I m àt end of 10 weeks going to 11. The MS is worst. Especially yesterday. I ate n want to puke after .the whole chest wanna explode and feeling nausea all the time but I keep wanting to eat. Yesterday took kueh lapis like no body biz but after awhile wan to puke. Drink guava juice n same thing happen .body ache like hell. Turn n can hear bones cracking. Keep farting n constipation lo

Mine is 2.8k .msian ones starts 2.6k.

Bio Oil can be purchased from Guardian / Watson. Think less than $15 per bottle. The EMAB one can be bought from iHerb. They ship from USA to SG at very cheap rate of $4.00 only. Can even get your prenatal supplements, fish oils and even organic foods and shampoo etc. from there. If you have never purchased from iHerb before, you can use code WUY181 to get USD10 off USD40 purchase.

Link to the EMAB Stretch Oil: http://www.iherb.com/Earth-Mama-Angel-Baby-Natural-Stretch-Oil-4-fl-oz-120-ml/28286

@esnbh How cool! ^5 hehahehahe good luck with the Oscar's results! I loveeeee WK Tan! She was spot on for my #1's edd!!! I experienced contraction at 12am... The experience felt so surreal :)
@mommymich yayyy! Congrats! Is this your first?

Ate long john silvers for lunch today. Sigh... Felt so sinful. Then the "oily" taste kept lingering in my mouth. Made me dizzy & nauseous. Brushed my teeth & tongue twice but no use. Ate an apple & the taste finally went away :confused:

I cannot eat anything that are fried and oily or strong taste, if not will have a miserable time in the toilet. Porridge and fish soup noddles are the meals that I usually take. Simple and plain food. Sad but no choice. Into my 11 weeks now but still vomiting.

Vanilla_gal, I wish I could be like you! You are eating the right stuffs. Don't be like me, always craving for unhealthy food.

@esnbh How cool! ^5 hehahehahe good luck with the Oscar's results! I loveeeee WK Tan! She was spot on for my #1's edd!!! I experienced contraction at 12am... The experience felt so surreal :)
@mommymich yayyy! Congrats! Is this your first?
The clinic call me for the result. All is at low risk! I'll be see WK tan mid of next month. U sign up for the package with her? I just signed up.

Vanilla_gal, I wish I could be like you! You are eating the right stuffs. Don't be like me, always craving for unhealthy food.
I had craving for hotpot last nite. So at 1am this morning, hubby and I went for supper. Crazy but it was sooo good so happy.....Hahaha....realised appetite seems better and no food aversion at this hour

Bio Oil can be purchased from Guardian / Watson. Think less than $15 per bottle. The EMAB one can be bought from iHerb. They ship from USA to SG at very cheap rate of $4.00 only. Can even get your prenatal supplements, fish oils and even organic foods and shampoo etc. from there. If you have never purchased from iHerb before, you can use code WUY181 to get USD10 off USD40 purchase.

Link to the EMAB Stretch Oil: http://www.iherb.com/Earth-Mama-Angel-Baby-Natural-Stretch-Oil-4-fl-oz-120-ml/28286

Thanks starrymommy.

I had craving for hotpot last nite. So at 1am this morning, hubby and I went for supper. Crazy but it was sooo good so happy.....Hahaha....realised appetite seems better and no food aversion at this hour
Ya appetite got better too. I ate 3/4 of chicken Chop n 1 piece of pork chop n 1 bake potato yesterday for lunch. Amaze by the appetite cos when I not pregnant I also never eat so much.lol

Momocrv, wow! This is so cool! Eating hotpot at 1am??!!!

Newbiemum80, that was quite a lot of food for lunch! Usually halfway through each meal, my stomach start to bloat and feels like vomiting. So I sometimes eat half the portion of food only.

Newbiemum80, that was quite a lot of food for lunch! Usually halfway through each meal, my stomach start to bloat and feels like vomiting. So I sometimes eat half the portion of food only.
Yeah it was quite crazy but I didn't eat alot of meat. Scared later indigestion. But we enjoyed it.

Ya. N I constantly feel hungry....faint

Hi All!! I'm a first-time mom-to-be here. My EDD is 7 May 2015, anyone with the same EDD? Currently in my 12th week and am going for my Oscar scan tomorrow at TMC.

hi dtsc_mom. our edds are close! mine is 5 May. :)
;) Oh great, starrymommy! I'm still contemplating between TMC and Mount A for delivery. Yours will be at NUH right?
I read comments on the Oscar scan that will require 3 tubes of blood to be drawn out, this is scaring me off. Hahaha! Not looking forward to tomorrow!

i'll be opting to deliver in Mount A. my Oscar was done in NUH as that was my gynae's recommendation. I cannot remember how many tubes of blood liao. if you are lucky, the nurse will be very pro and it won't hurt at all. :) during an injection or drawing of blood, I will pinch myself and focus on the pain there instead. haha! it's a weird method, but works for me many times.

i'll be opting to deliver in Mount A. my Oscar was done in NUH as that was my gynae's recommendation. I cannot remember how many tubes of blood liao. if you are lucky, the nurse will be very pro and it won't hurt at all. :) during an injection or drawing of blood, I will pinch myself and focus on the pain there instead. haha! it's a weird method, but works for me many times.
Your other kids were delivered in Mount A too? I'm thinking of Mount A as there seems to be lots of mommies opting for TMC, even most of my friends delivers in TMC.

I am a Oct mommy and will like to recommend my CL - xiaoLan. She is good at cooking, many varieties of food and got patience to feed my bb many times as he is a small eater so need to feed almost every 2 hr.

She helped me with housework of the whole house too. Pls PM me if u keen for her contact.

dtsc_mom, #1 was born at Mt A. #2 was scheduled to be born at Mt A too but I went into preterm labour at 30 weeks. was warded for monitoring at Mt A but we couldn't hold back the labour from progressing so I checked out and went straight to NUH A&E to deliver there instead to save costs on NICU fees. I'd want to go back to Mt A for #3. :) love the staff and service there.

Back