(2014/08) August 2014

@pooh_girl I was a wreck like you when my boy was 5wo after CL left. He fussed so much and I suddenly became his only source of comfort I had no time to pump at all. So I got very worried about my supply dying and insisted on pumping even if it meant leaving him to cry. In the end I felt so guilty seeing his teary little face :( Now I no longer am bent on pumping. Instead I latch him and I pump when his schedule allows me. What the rest said is true; sleep at every opportunity and must wake him to drink more if he falls asleep too soon when latching. Try stroking the side of his face or pretend to unlatch to get him drinking again. He should be able to sleep longer on a fuller stomach. Good luck don't give up!

Thanks all mummies..you all have been very encouraging. I feel so lousy as a mummy. So weak, keep crying and not patient enough with my LO.
oh you mean possibly because of the letdown that's why he latch and unlatch ah? My LO doesn't like pacifier. When I carry him to slp, his mouth will keep turning to Search for my boobs..
Today my mum came to help me. I pump out for him to drink. He doesn't fuss that much. But still, he doesn't sleep the whole afternoon. Sigh.

@pooh_girl - its normal. Could also be slower flow? Maybe he prefers human pacifier too.

My boy is now 8 weeks. Also bad sleeper in the day, fussy, wants to be carried all the time etc.I've learnt to think that he needs the comfort in order to develop/grow. There is nothing wrong in having a needy baby.

It will get better over time, or so they say. Just persevere in what you believe in. Many mummies here care for our babies alone. Just remember to give baby lots of cuddles, love and attention when he/she wants. After all, they are only babies once!

Thanks all mummies..you all have been very encouraging. I feel so lousy as a mummy. So weak, keep crying and not patient enough with my LO.
oh you mean possibly because of the letdown that's why he latch and unlatch ah? My LO doesn't like pacifier. When I carry him to slp, his mouth will keep turning to Search for my boobs..
Today my mum came to help me. I pump out for him to drink. He doesn't fuss that much. But still, he doesn't sleep the whole afternoon. Sigh.

yes. baby thought there's no more milk at the end of a letdown so he unlatches. but it actually takes a few letdowns to fully empty the breast & for baby to be full. when baby is abt to unlatch, u can try do breast compression to squeeze out some milk so that baby will know that there is still milk & continue to suck more. if he falls asleep then try wake him up so that he latches again & continue feeding. I have very low supply, but I need to get my boy to latch abt 3 times on each breast to fully empty it. if ur supply is good u might need to do it even more times. eventually baby will know he needs to continue to latch thro few letdowns to be full.

when I had my #1, he was so fussy that I screamed at him & almost wanted to throw him out of the window. he even cried so much that he fainted & we rushed him to the GP at night. motherhood is tough. requires lots & lots of strength, love & patience. but u'll get thro it eventually. juz hang in there. the first 2 mths are the toughest. things will get better. jiayou!!

@pooh_gal
Firstly, dun worry about latching and insufficient BM. Soln is very simple actually. As long as you yourself is not so hung up about breastfeeding, your LO actually don't mind drinking from bottle. And if you don't mind milk powder, your LO also don't mind drinking FM instead of BM. My LO is 7wk old now & latches once a week purely for fun. My BM supply is v low & I use FM instead. So far, my LO is healthy & growing up well.

As for sleeping, my LO fall asleep fastest and sleep longest when he is in my arms. So sometimes, I sleep upright with baby in my arms. Put more pillow at ur back so you are comfortable upright. In this way, both baby & you catches some sleep. Sleeping upright is not the most comfortable position but when you are really tired, sleeping upright is an option. And make sure you are sleeping upright not at the edge of your bed so that your baby won't fall off the bed if you accidentally let go of your baby. So far, no accidents yet for my case.

Right now, You will have no time for everything else, it's normal. So don't worry and relax. Jiayou!

@pooh_gal
Firstly, dun worry about latching and insufficient BM. Soln is very simple actually. As long as you yourself is not so hung up about breastfeeding, your LO actually don't mind drinking from bottle. And if you don't mind milk powder, your LO also don't mind drinking FM instead of BM. My LO is 7wk old now & latches once a week purely for fun. My BM supply is v low & I use FM instead. So far, my LO is healthy & growing up well.

As for sleeping, my LO fall asleep fastest and sleep longest when he is in my arms. So sometimes, I sleep upright with baby in my arms. Put more pillow at ur back so you are comfortable upright. In this way, both baby & you catches some sleep. Sleeping upright is not the most comfortable position but when you are really tired, sleeping upright is an option. And make sure you are sleeping upright not at the edge of your bed so that your baby won't fall off the bed if you accidentally let go of your baby. So far, no accidents yet for my case.

Right now, You will have no time for everything else, it's normal. So don't worry and relax. Jiayou!

@ pooh_gal

My sister shared this with me and I couldn't understand till myself as mother now:

- Mindset is also v.impt cos breastfeeding is supply and demand..
I frequently psycho myself.."must hv enough supply for my LO...let her drink till chubby chubby and everyone loves her".

- My LO latched v.painfully (2nd day in hospital already bleed and she vomited milk with blood) so I bottle fed her (EBM) till now however this is not enough by just using breast pump as our LO is the best stimulator and cure for engorgement (it's true! I dont believe either but it just did). I let my LO latch once a day while times tired till alternate days.

- Communicate with your LO
As I always overslept (im not an night owl person) hence gena engorgement (with hard lumpies and feverish) my sis said talked to your LO and latch beside usual pump on to the max speed..

- Drink alot!!!
Whatever you want to drink just make sure you're not dehydrate.
[I drank lots water, (soup? Mil after CL left nv boiled for me at all) drink milo/milk 1hr before I pump.

As my LO is like koala..cling on me so let her cry awhile while I set up my breast pump and can feed her at the same time..when pump finished, she've already drank finished and can blurp her, coax her sleep before I can go store milk into fridge, wash and sterilize the bottles and pump equipments.

Despite I'm staying with in laws...
My mil is a housewife but....house super messy and dirty (only wait for part time cleaner to do once a week) and she's always out! I know I cant depend on her and she's like wanting to play with LO and then 拍拍屁股走走人 esp before she went out and after she came back will disturb my LO or when im attending to my LO like shower, milking, she will stand beside said indo this do that not right not good but after CL left I'm the one doing all these and my mother was nanny for years and I'm her best assistant despite no hands on due to young age back then but I do watched n after birth hands on with CL.

Times its best not to have ppl around you disturbing you how to take care your LO cos we also need rest and peace in mind.

@pooh_gal

@ Shirlen: thank you for your encouragement. Actually I'm ok to feed LO with FM. During confinement period, I do mix FM and BM. Just that recently I've stop FM. Both u and my hubby also ask me to just give FM if he keep fussing. I shall do that to help myself from being so stressed out.

@ JL72: wow how do you pump and feed her at the same time? My boy just fell asleep after latching awhile. Now I'm pumping with him sleeping on the bed. I'm praying hard every minute that he doesn't wake up and interrupt my pumping session.

@ pooh_gal

My sister shared this with me and I couldn't understand till myself as mother now:

- Mindset is also v.impt cos breastfeeding is supply and demand..
I frequently psycho myself.."must hv enough supply for my LO...let her drink till chubby chubby and everyone loves her".

- My LO latched v.painfully (2nd day in hospital already bleed and she vomited milk with blood) so I bottle fed her (EBM) till now however this is not enough by just using breast pump as our LO is the best stimulator and cure for engorgement (it's true! I dont believe either but it just did). I let my LO latch once a day while times tired till alternate days.

- Communicate with your LO
As I always overslept (im not an night owl person) hence gena engorgement (with hard lumpies and feverish) my sis said talked to your LO and latch beside usual pump on to the max speed..

- Drink alot!!!
Whatever you want to drink just make sure you're not dehydrate.
[I drank lots water, (soup? Mil after CL left nv boiled for me at all) drink milo/milk 1hr before I pump.

As my LO is like koala..cling on me so let her cry awhile while I set up my breast pump and can feed her at the same time..when pump finished, she've already drank finished and can blurp her, coax her sleep before I can go store milk into fridge, wash and sterilize the bottles and pump equipments.

Despite I'm staying with in laws...
My mil is a housewife but....house super messy and dirty (only wait for part time cleaner to do once a week) and she's always out! I know I cant depend on her and she's like wanting to play with LO and then 拍拍屁股走走人 esp before she went out and after she came back will disturb my LO or when im attending to my LO like shower, milking, she will stand beside said indo this do that not right not good but after CL left I'm the one doing all these and my mother was nanny for years and I'm her best assistant despite no hands on due to young age back then but I do watched n after birth hands on with CL.

Times its best not to have ppl around you disturbing you how to take care your LO cos we also need rest and peace in mind.

This is so true. I rather take care myself. Too many mouth too naggy.. too much restrictions.

ImageUploadedByForum1412941276.034971.jpg

Any idea what is this? Started off as small bumps but since coagulate together into this... Not sure if it's itchy, bb couldn't touch it.

My girl got around the same area but its due to our arms against her skin causes it.

For your information:
From the web.

Heat rash – this appears as tiny red pimples, bumps, or spots. It usually appears on the back of the neck or lower back, but can involve the entire trunk. It occurs due to a mix of sweat, heat and clothing. Treat this by cooling your baby off, airing out the area, or applying a cool washcloth. Contact rash – there are two types of contact rash. The first type appears as red, raised bumps or patches, and can have a slight crusty surface. It is extremely itchy. They can also run in a line on the skin from the irritant being scratched along the skin. This is often initially confined to one or two small areas on the body, but then may spread over the next few days. It is caused by contact with an irritant such as poison ivy, other plants, cleaners or other chemicals.Notice the red raised patch with crusty drainage in the middle. Notice the straight lines of rash due to scratching and spreading the poison. This type of rash is treated with over-the-counter hydrocortisone 1%, calamine lotion, and benadryl liquid for severe itching. Stronger prescription creams can be used if needed. You can prevent this type of rash by applying a lotion to the skin prior to adventuring, and then rinsing the skin after returning home, with a special lotion available at sporting goods stores. One such brand is Tech-Nu, but any brand should work. The second type of contact rash is more generalized throughout the body, very similar to the generic viral rashes discussed above. It occurs as fine, red pimples or small spots. It can be caused by a huge variety of irritants such as new clothes, soaps, shampoos, bubble baths, detergents or fabric softeners, suntan or other lotions, bed sheets, grass, swimming pools or anything else that comes into contact with your child’s skin. The treatment is to figure out the cause, and use hydrocortisone as above if needed.

I can apply calamine lotion on him? Is there a special bb calamine lotion or normal ones will do? It has spreaders to the side of his neck! :(

I created a whatsapp chat for August mummies (those who haven't got into a group chat yet). If you are interested to be added in do PM me your name and mobile number.

I created a whatsapp chat for August mummies (those who haven't got into a group chat yet). If you are interested to be added in do PM me your name and mobile number.

hi Wendily: could you please add me in the whatsapp chat? my baby boy was born 9th Aug. my number is 92712679. thanks

Wanted to ask if tummy time for baby is essential? I seldom give my baby tummy time as I didn't know till I saw posting of tummy time from mommies. My girl can keep her head up right when I carry her but when I try tummy time with her.. she didn't want to push up herself nor she wanna lift her head.

Same I also don't know about tummy time till I saw the posts from here. But my hubby did give my baby some training to be facing down with tummy once in awhile....

Thats what I am going to do now.. didn't know it actually trains the stomach muscle and shoulder. .. usually I play with her place on my body tummy down so she can look at me.. when I place her on bed.. she is cranky and so not interested. Lol.

Thats what I am going to do now.. didn't know it actually trains the stomach muscle and shoulder. .. usually I play with her place on my body tummy down so she can look at me.. when I place her on bed.. she is cranky and so not interested. Lol.

placing ur baby on ur tummy with him in push up position is good enough. purpose is to train the back & neck muscles. so as long as baby is exercising his back & neck muscle then objective met. doesn't necessary have to to be on bed.

my younger one doesn't like to be placed in a prone position on the bed. will start fussing & crying after awhile. so I also place him on my tummy or carry him upright for "tummy time". once in awhile will put him on the bed to see/test how high he can lift his head.

however having said that, my elder one loves sleeping in prone position since young. his neck & back muscles are much stronger comparatively. at 10weeks can already push himself up & lift the head up 90deg. younger one still can't.

Thanks mommies! Feel more balanced. Keep asking myself "is my baby ok?" Paranoid. First child. . So hard to not stress abt milestones

Same, my bb will scream after 1min when put her on tummy on bed. Think we need to let them practice more. Btw, my 9 weeks old can lift up her head looking around when carry her upright but she seems can't or don't know lift up her head when put her on tummy

I think there is not a need for tummy time. They will have a lot of tummytime when they learn how to flip at a later stage. Let their bones/muscles develop themselves..
I never give my gal TT, she coming 3months. Her head already very strong.

based on what I read, anytime right after birth. start with probably 2-5 minutes then lengthen the duration as baby gets older.

Hi mommies, just want to share with u all my lc reminded me to feed lo with bottle after 6 weeks by another caregiver like hubby etc so that they won't refuse bottle when we go back work. But they say to avoid giving the bottle on our own else will have nipple bottle confusion. If not, we will have hard time if lo refuse bottle when we go back work. Jia you mommies! :)

Hi fellow mummies, I saw this enfamil A+ stage 1 formula in 1.8kg packaging @ amk ntuc fairprice extra retailing @ $115 there abt. The normal packaging is 900g one. Thought I got a great deal!

However, when I got back, i saw Chinese words printed on the lid after my mil started using it. ( got a lil worried in case the formula is not original) I googled n researched online but couldn't find any info abt this particular packaging at all. I checked the packaging n the origins everything is identical to the 900g one... But the milk powder seems to not dissolve as easily as the 900g one.

Has any fellow mummies bought this?

If u can buy in fair price. Its safe. Don't worry. The dissolve of milk powder probably u r scaring urself. It can be ur water not hot enough. My downstairs fair price selling 112.20. But I didn't buy cos medical hall selling $55 for the 900g. So u buy 2 also cheaper than fair price.

I'm also using the 1.8kg enfamil bought from ntuc. almost finishing 2nd tin already. think shld be ok. don't scare urself.

If u can buy in fair price. Its safe. Don't worry. The dissolve of milk powder probably u r scaring urself. It can be ur water not hot enough. My downstairs fair price selling 112.20. But I didn't buy cos medical hall selling $55 for the 900g. So u buy 2 also cheaper than fair price.

Can share ur medical hall location? Thanks

Too bad their website dun sell stage 1. There branches too far away for me too.

retailers r not suppose to advertise or sell online for stage 1 under MOH guidelines.

ntuc is selling enfa stage 1 for $59+. so save abt $4+ per tin. quite worth the travel if u bulk buy.

Back