(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

I did the same too with ginger tea. It helped but for awhile only. I also saw Dr Tham and my hubby and i are gonna stick to him as well.

Of course you are more than welcome here. What's your edd?

Take your 2 weeks and get ample amount of rest.
Dr. Tham is very nice sadly I don't like the environment and nurses at TMC. I still haven't decide on my gynae yet. Will probably try dr Kenneth Edward Lee at Mt. A

I'm getting too heaty cos I haven't been eating any cooling foods. I have an ulcer on my tongue. Wonder if it's alright to drink some barley ester or something. Any one in the same predicament?

I'm getting too heaty cos I haven't been eating any cooling foods. I have an ulcer on my tongue. Wonder if it's alright to drink some barley ester or something. Any one in the same predicament?
My tcm said no no to barley but you can make chrysanthemum tea is ok.

Momocrv@ try have fruits like pear.. thry r ok . R u drinking water normally? Atm gargle mouth with warm water and salt to relieve and reduce infection.

Barley is ok but must take chinese barley (its size is bigger type). But again if barley half a cup to one cup still ok. Not drink everyday. But of coz drink if u r craving for it or else find other drinks :)

Have you found your Gynae yet babygaga?
Yup I finally decided on Prof Biswas from NUH. He is the head of nuh maternal-fetal division & recommended by my friend. Actually I wanted to deliver at Mt. A and had a good gynae recommendation from there but in the end I decided on nuh because it is very near to my home. Mt. A is too far & inconvenient for me. I have been to the new wing at nuh & the environment looks nice. Nurses & services quite ok too, at least better than TMC. But of course different people had different experiences so I'm keeping my fingers crossed & hope everything goes well.

I'm going NUH for checkups but plan to deliver at Mt A cos it's nearer. Totally opp of you, Babygaga haha..
Lol... Ya lor distance is a concern for me. I always have this silly thought that if suddenly baby wants to come out, I don't know if I can make it to Mt.A on time or not. NUH is just 10 mins car ride from my home so should be able to make it. Hahaha...

Thank you @sleepawhile. Hope your wish comes true too.... :)

@esnbh, I am seeing Dr HY Wee at Novena. I am doing oscar at TMC, Novena. Yes, the package of $500 includes oscar test and FA at week 20. Are you signing for package as well? keep us updated on your oscar test this coming sat.

Hi my lilsheep, I have done my Oscar scan this morning. I paid about 360, they charge extra 20$ for appt on sat day. ( but I sign up for the Thomson "first born membership" so got 5% discount). So I paid about 340$. Oh ya.. Membership need to pay 60$. Btw.. They did not ask me to sign up for the FA at week 20. The person doing the scan for me said baby looks good. But actual reports blood test will know after 3 working days.

Yup I finally decided on Prof Biswas from NUH. He is the head of nuh maternal-fetal division & recommended by my friend. Actually I wanted to deliver at Mt. A and had a good gynae recommendation from there but in the end I decided on nuh because it is very near to my home. Mt. A is too far & inconvenient for me. I have been to the new wing at nuh & the environment looks nice. Nurses & services quite ok too, at least better than TMC. But of course different people had different experiences so I'm keeping my fingers crossed & hope everything goes well.

I am actually at nuh as subsidized patient now. But it is far for me thus I tot of going to Mt. A. The nurses at NUH are fantastic. I feel comfortable there. Only thing is that their package only starts from week 20 onwards?

Momocrv, i was a subsidized patient for my previous pregnancy. Very shiok, every visit including meds, doesn't exceed $100. waiting time was reasonable too. Now as a private, same waiting time, but it's $200 - 300 every time.

Momocrv, yes, nuh package starts from 20 weeks onwards.

Sleepawhile, although it's more costly as a private patient but I guess the total costs of delivering at nuh is still cheaper than private hospitals. Anyway, I have company maternity benefit so don't really have to worry abt the costs but I want to save as much as possible, in case got complications during the pregnancy & need to spend more $$ (*touchwood!)

Hi all,

I'm new here and it's my first pregnancy. My EDD is 10 may. Anyone same as me?
My gynae is joycelyn Wong from TMC and I was already 9 weeks when I visited her earlier this month.

Currently, I will throw up 2-3 times a day and totally no appetite to eat anything. Feel super tired and having very sensitive nose to unpleasant smell.

Hope to learn from all you and can add me to the fb group as well? [email protected]

Thanks!

Momocrv, i was a subsidized patient for my previous pregnancy. Very shiok, every visit including meds, doesn't exceed $100. waiting time was reasonable too. Now as a private, same waiting time, but it's $200 - 300 every time.
Actually the waiting time at nuh is quite ok. I think compared to kkh they are quite fast liao. I have all my records there, don't know if I should stick to them or change but it is far from my place.

Hi my lilsheep, I have done my Oscar scan this morning. I paid about 360, they charge extra 20$ for appt on sat day. ( but I sign up for the Thomson "first born membership" so got 5% discount). So I paid about 340$. Oh ya.. Membership need to pay 60$. Btw.. They did not ask me to sign up for the FA at week 20. The person doing the scan for me said baby looks good. But actual reports blood test will know after 3 working days.
@esbnh, i got the package with the FA at week 20 becoz my gynae referring to do both oscar and FA. I just follow what he suggested lor. Hope you will have a good result too. My report is out just within 1 day. I think you should know your result on monday.

Hello all!! Hurray to May babies! Congratulations to y'all! 37 pages already! Heheheh. Jus went for my gynae check with Dr Wk Tan @ TMC and my edd is on 24/5/15. Anyone's edd during that period?
I believed most of you must have done your oscar scan already :) This is my #2 pregnancy, #1 is 18 months today!

Hello all!! Hurray to May babies! Congratulations to y'all! 37 pages already! Heheheh. Jus went for my gynae check with Dr Wk Tan @ TMC and my edd is on 24/5/15. Anyone's edd during that period?
I believed most of you must have done your oscar scan already :) This is my #2 pregnancy, #1 is 18 months today!

Hi hi
My edd is 21 may :)
I'm gg to dr Lawrence ang at TMC :)

lovebblove, could it be just normal discharge that you are having? I am having quite a bit of clear/yellowish discharge too. like mucus. sorry if TMI.. for peace of mind, do get it checked out though.

Hi starrymommy, I was having quite a bit of yellowish milky discharge now... Am about 5 wks plus now. Saw your previous post and wonder if you did check with your gynae about the discharge?

Hi hi.. We seeing the same gyne! Hi 5.. Yes did my Oscar scan yesterday. But actual report will be out 3working days

Actually the waiting time at nuh is quite ok. I think compared to kkh they are quite fast liao. I have all my records there, don't know if I should stick to them or change but it is far from my place.

Momocrv, have you found a gynae for Mt A? Perhaps you can look for one first and ask if it's ok to change. I plan to go back to my #1 gynae after first trimester ends.

I almost fainted today. Was seeing all white while accompanying hubby to buy lunch. Suddenly I saw all white and then went to a nearby seat and started shivering in cold sweat. Hubby said that it's because I didn't had anything from morning until lunchtime and that I should have eaten something/drank milo.

My appetite is real bad recently with nausea persisting. Moreover, my burping continues non stop. Trying different ways (Drinking 4 mouthful of cokes or Eno with warm water or Ginger tea) to make myself feel better.

By the way, can I check with all mommies to be here, what supplement were you given by your gynae? I was given Fish Oil and Vitamins. Other than that, I took my own folic acid bought at Guardian.

On no Bubs, just take some chocolates or biscuits? Mb can try taking isotonic drinks, may help too.

My first gynae gave me folic acid, then Dr Ben gave me hormones plus vit B, he says it's to reduce effect of morning sickness. that's all le.

My EDD is 7 June. :)

Hi starrymommy, I was having quite a bit of yellowish milky discharge now... Am about 5 wks plus now. Saw your previous post and wonder if you did check with your gynae about the discharge?
It's common according to my gynae. As long as is not bloody n brown it should b ok. I m also having discharge when I m in my 5-7 weeks but It reduce already.

I almost fainted today. Was seeing all white while accompanying hubby to buy lunch. Suddenly I saw all white and then went to a nearby seat and started shivering in cold sweat. Hubby said that it's because I didn't had anything from morning until lunchtime and that I should have eaten something/drank milo.

My appetite is real bad recently with nausea persisting. Moreover, my burping continues non stop. Trying different ways (Drinking 4 mouthful of cokes or Eno with warm water or Ginger tea) to make myself feel better.

By the way, can I check with all mommies to be here, what supplement were you given by your gynae? I was given Fish Oil and Vitamins. Other than that, I took my own folic acid bought at Guardian.

Hi bub , my gyne given me a few type (total 4: fish oil, calcium, obimin and folic) of vitamin cause I can't talk milk will vomit. Not even 3 in 1 milo. Plain milo is ok for me.

try to drink at least a glass of milk. I do it every morning before work and also during meetings I get very hungry n almost wan to faint I will grab some biscuits or milk. So when I go meeting I m usually pack with food. Otherwise when the meeting is still ongoing I always think of kfc

Take care Budsandbloms. I carry walnuts and almonds in my bag to munch on the go. If possible, do check if you have low blood pressure.

Momocrv, have you found a gynae for Mt A? Perhaps you can look for one first and ask if it's ok to change. I plan to go back to my #1 gynae after first trimester ends.
I have been looking around tot wanna try dr Kenneth Edward lee at mt. A but haven't go make the appt yet. Who is ur gynae again?

I had similar spell just now but not fainting. We were queuing for dinner, I was so hungry when food came I just gobble up every thing and immediately walk off after eating. Aft that I wanted to vomit and was drenched in cold sweat. Think I ate too fast and should have sat around for awhile for food to go down before walking off :(

hi, hushtots, the discharge is normal. as long as no foul odour and no itch.

bubsandbloms, oh dear.. must be a scary experience for you! :( hope there will be no repeat episodes. I blacked out before at 9 weeks pregnant and it was really frightening. do carry some nuts or snacks with you since you have this dizziness issue. could be low blood sugar causing this. take care!

newbiemum80, I didn't for all 3 pregnancies. heard from few mummies when I was expecting #1 that it isn't as useful as they had thought and much of it is basically common sense (eg. don't get water into baby's eyes, nose, ears when showering). and the breathing techniques used in labour which are taught in the classes were also quickly forgotten. think it is more applicable for new daddies who wish to be hands-on.

newbiemum80, I didn't for all 3 pregnancies. heard from few mummies when I was expecting #1 that it isn't as useful as they had thought and much of it is basically common sense (eg. don't get water into baby's eyes, nose, ears when showering). and the breathing techniques used in labour which are taught in the classes were also quickly forgotten. think it is more applicable for new daddies who wish to be hands-on.
So it is not useful at all?

momocrv, I didn't attend so not exactly sure. only heard reviews from mummies in 2010 that it is not that great so didn't sign up for any from there on.

So ladies - Prenatal vs Confinement Lady : what are the pros and cons you think?

My cousin suggested getting a full time maid with infant experience, but looking at the fees and insurance and flight tickets and bonuses involved I get a bit light headed!

So ladies - Prenatal vs Confinement Lady : what are the pros and cons you think?

My cousin suggested getting a full time maid with infant experience, but looking at the fees and insurance and flight tickets and bonuses involved I get a bit light headed!

What do you mean by prenatal? I have hired a CL already. and will have maid and mum to help out as well since I have 2 kids to look after too. During my #1's time, my mum was my CL and we got by without a maid. We only started hiring maid when I gave birth to #2.

Stacy, u mean prenatal classes? I think it's best to have an elder or CL to guide you. Unless you have a super supportive hubby, otherwise juz relying on prenatal classes is not enough. My hub and I barely survived and he is wonderful.

m not so sure if it is useful. my sil n bil say is very useful..but they also ask me to extend my CL for another 2 weeks so that i can use 1 mth to rest and 2 wks to learn from the CL how to take care of the bb..so i m so confused

For those who recruited CL, you go thru agency or private ones? Agency is more exp? I'm starting to look for one but clueless..

For those who recruited CL, you go thru agency or private ones? Agency is more exp? I'm starting to look for one but clueless..
i m using private ones. i can share with you some that my neighbours recommend

1. +60167904167 Auntie Siew Choo
2. +65 90765538 Zhu Jie

Back